Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 6:32:20 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
A RED HEAD...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break][break]
king stands near the first competitor of his team. luc, his blaziken, stood adamant and ready to begin the obstacle course. he wouldn't let his team down. he wouldn't let king down.
[break][break]
flicking his eyes towards the woman, he coyfully smiles.
[break][break]
"ye ready, sweetheart?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/ry8gJb8/pog.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 4:07:27 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

Sweetheart? What is with mean and their pet names today?

Regardless, she smiles, brushing a strand of long red hair back while peering towards from behind dark sunglasses. The sun has done her some good, really bringing out the olive undertone of her fair skin as she she stands beside her first competitor for the race.

The Salazzle is smaller, but damn quick. She has faith in the little reptile, “Ready when you are, stud,” she teases back, encouraging Fira to creep forward. The female dual type does so with a confident swagger in her stride. Her tail twitches, ready for the cue to go.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 4:19:37 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king5"]
A RED HEAD...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]"good."
[break][break]
he turns his smirk forwards and towards the race, the corner of his eye peeking to steal a glance at her.
[break][break]
"yer gonna need the stamina if ye want to keep up with me."

[break][break]
the firing of a gun marks the beginning of the race. blaziken immediately jumps into action and dashes into the deep pit of mud. electrified barbed wire keeps them from doing anything more than an army crawl, but, the fire-type barely pays attention to anything but certain victory. but, just to be sure...
[break][break]
a razor blade of wind is send careening into the salazzle, as the AERIAL ACE aims to slow his opponent.

[break][break]

[newclass=.king5]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king5 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king5 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king5 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king5 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king5 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king5]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king5 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king5 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/1TwbktD/grimmylong4.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

[break]
NmZcG9j5
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 4:31:52 GMT

Lex’s stamina is nothing to be questioned. It shows in the toothy grin she returns King. It’s adorable that he thinks she can’t keep up, “Hm, cute,” she turns her gaze back into the obstacle course ahead, “We’ll see who can’t keep up.”

The gun fires, and Salazzle shoots forward. AERIAL ACE does little to impede her progress, perhaps only altering her course slightly. Instead of focusing on the Blaziken, the Salazzle trains its eyes onto the muddy pit. It’s smaller stature puts it at an advantage, but it’s wants more.

Flames lick at the corners of her leathery lips. They part to let a FLAMETHROWER blast the mud in her path until it is firm. Diving forward, the Salazzle easily scurries over the hardened mud.

BtwcqS9v

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 4:45:26 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king5"]
A RED HEAD...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]"mm, i've heard that 'fore. guess we'll find out then, ye?"
[break][break]
he briefly lets out a flirtatious laugh while moving to make his way further down the boundary of the course, keeping just on the edge to ensure he isn't hit by any stray attacks.
[break][break]
inside, the blaziken's initiative begins to slow in the face of the salazzle's technique. that just wouldn't do. BULKING UP, he surges forward, and past the salazzle. having come out of the crawl first, confidence surges through him.
[break][break]
next was the cargo net climb, only, the paralyzing powder coating it made even the strongest of pokemon have difficulty in their ascent.
[break][break]

[newclass=.king5 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king5 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king5 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king5 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king5 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king5 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/1TwbktD/grimmylong4.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

[break]
w3TUFXM3
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 5:01:20 GMT

He may have heard it before, but he’s never heard it from someone like Lex, where speed is her forte. She moves with him, opposite, down the border of the course, gritting her teeth when Salazzle leaves the army crawl behind the Blaziken. Its technique should have given it the upper hand. There is still plenty of time to catch up and Salazzle is not far behind.

Fira rises and shoot towards the cargo net climb. A pale-yellow powder coating the rope catches her attention. Dark eyes flash towards the Blaziken, curious as to what his approach may be.

For now, she refrains form impeding the Blaziken, the paralyzing powder could do the work for her. Instead, she uses powerful legs to leap up as high as she can. Her goal is the beam that held the nets in place. Instead of the paralyzing rungs, she uses her slender form to scale the wood instead. Surely that has less powder on it.

|CwSxSpo

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 5:25:51 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king5"]
A RED HEAD...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
arms cross as king watches blaziken move. as contestants, they were not made aware of the paralyzing powder, but he found it to be a suitable sabotage none the less. if luc couldn't handle that, he'd be sorely disappointed.
[break][break]
the chicken's eye turns to catch his opponent clambering up the wood like a scaled squirrel. placing his hand atop the net had his muscles instantly locking, and simply jumping over was a means for disqualification. that left him little options but one.
[break][break]
coating his hands in flames, he uses FIRE PUNCH to quickly descend up the rope, burning it away as he does. even a millisecond too slow in transitioning his hands, he'd fall and be right back at the bottom.
[break][break]
still, he was behind. he'd need to catch up on the rolling log.
[break][break]

[break]

[break]
VamcA47n
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 5:54:04 GMT

Salazzle climbs up and over the obstacle as Blaziken is forced to Fire Punch its way to the top. The agile lizard easily finds its footing again on the ground on the other side. Fira wastes no time finding her grip and lunging forward towards the rolling log.

Now it is time to play dirty. Having the lead, Fira take a moment to pause. He abdomen convulses and a thick, purple venom projectiles from her open maw. It splatter against the log meant for the Blaziken, coating it in a VENOM DRENCH. Fira crawls onto her own log, scurrying across it like a little squirrel.

g|MGNElT

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 6:00:36 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king5"]
A RED HEAD...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
falling behind, blaziken grunts in annoyance. he gets over the wall as his opponent finds their log, but eyes narrow at the VENOM DRENCH. luc spends little time worrying about 'what-ifs' and 'what could be.'
[break][break]
leaping from atop the wall, he lands in a roll in-front of the log. legs kick-up and alight in flame, the BLAZE KICKS working to bubble the slippery liquid. it'll slow him, no doubt — but salazzle was in for a rude awakening if it thought this was over.
[break][break]

[break]

[break]
dFb4CWLx
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 6:16:17 GMT

The slender log and the Salazzle’s slender body works in sync to let her pull further ahead of the Blaziken. Lex smiles from across the course, casting a glance towards King. It’s still close, and there’s still a lot of course to cover. The small high was satisfying though for now.

Salazzle jumps forward off the log. Long legs carry her quickly over the remaining length of the field to the monkey bars. This will likely be the most difficult obstacle for her. The Blaziken is much better equipped to quicky swing through this. Regardless, Fira doesn’t stall. Her arms reach and she unnaturally swings through the monkey bars, looking to get this over with as soon as possible.

vS3ueCKM

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 6:21:58 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king5"]
A RED HEAD...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
height and weight prove a hinderance in the course, and since the beginning, he's unable to regain his lead. frustration continues rising in him like an erupting volcano, soon to burst.
[break][break]
the monkey bars are just the opportunity to do so. the small armed lizard looks foolish as it attempts to make its way. luc will prove he is the superior being, through and through.
[break][break]
"close one, ye? should we bet on who wins?"
[break][break]
a coy smile, barely visible beetween obstacles.
[break][break]

[break]

[break]
2kjTE_pi
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 6:31:47 GMT

It’s close, he knows it too. He intrigues her with the offer of a bet. Her brow rises, a slow smirk pulling across red lips. He’s teasing her competitive side, “What do you have in mind?”

Like predicted, Salazzle falls behind on the monkey bars. She hisses loudly as the Blaziken hops off the obstacle just ahead of her. Thankfully, he’s not too far ahead thanks to her pulling ahead on the last few obstacles.

Regardless, she strives to catch up. Strong legs drive her forward with persistence towards the last obstacle that will be her responsibility. I an attempt to boost her speed, her scales shimmer in preparation as the target comes into view.

A SCALE SHOT bursts from her early, firing their way through the air towards the target. They just had to hit it right? Didn’t have to be with their hand? A scale is technically a body part.

zxbEv4Xj

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 6:45:08 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king5"]
A RED HEAD...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
he knows lex. he's heard rumors. he wouldn't go too far, of course. but, he can have a little fun, right?
[break][break]
"luc wins and, ye have to kiss me on the cheek. nothin' ta fancy, right?"
[break][break]
the blaziken moves to the final obstacle —— target practice. he sends out an AERIAL ACE towards the target, nearly the same time as the salazzle.
[break][break]
"and if yer the one to win?"
[break][break]

[break]

[break]
yX8QTNqo
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 7:16:51 GMT

Lex pauses to consider. A kiss on the cheek? She laughs, it sounds so . . . innocent. It’s not something she’s expecting from the man. Still, it’s something Killian probably wouldn’t approve of. Luckily, he isn’t the jealous type, “Fine, a kiss on the cheek for . . .” her eyes flash towards the pokemon one more time, “A drink,” Boring, but there’s not much else she wanted from the man. Whiskey would do just fine. An excellent prize.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
lex vs king (HST)
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 7:35:46 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king5"]
A RED HEAD...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
the AERIAL ACE is slow by just a fraction, and the target breaks on lex's side first. the string releases its tension, and the tank holding their water-pokemon releases, opening up the second part of the course.
[break][break]
"a drink it is."

[break][break]
frustration boils over and the blaziken releases a punch that shatters wood to splinters. however, king never takes his eyes, and coy smile, off of the red-headed vixen across from him.
[break][break]
beneath the waves, two pokemon dance for their own supremacy.

[break][break]

[break]

[break]