1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 1:05:45 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
It was later into the evening now. He’d had several battles that day, though there were still several more going on around them. The glare of the sunset made things a little difficult for some. Bo opted for sunglasses, and from behind the black shades, he stared back at his opponent. Yet another Rocket—both of them likely unaware of the other.

But Bo had been watching battles, and interactions. Trying to piece things together, while simultaneously willing himself to look the other way. It was just interesting to watch.

“Name’s Bo. How’s it goin?”

He reached for a ball on his belt. A new one. Anything could happen. He figured he could afford to take the risk, as from the looks of his scores, this guy wasn’t doing so hot.

Maybe this was a bad move. Time would tell.

“This guy's new. Not sure what's gonna happen, to be honest.”

He tossed it out.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 1:49:07 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The evening provided a sense of relief. He'd spent the past two weeks sweating like a hog with the sun overhead. It was a battle of attrition moreso than a battle of wits on most days. The sun's glare lessened, but was still present. He had a towel around his neck, no shirt, and track pants. A six pack of razz-berry essenced sparkling water cans sat at his feet.

"It's Giona. I'm good, man. You know how it is. Going through these like crazy."

Going through sparkling waters all the time because of the weather? Because he was quitting drinking? He refused to elaborate. Either way he knelt and undid another plastic ring. He made a warning gesture, then passed a can off to Bo as a gesture of good will.

Giona saw the telltale red beam of a pokeball. The sign that he meant business. He obliged him, calling out his own recent find. A little imp that used to belong to Adrian.

"That's always exciting, isn't it? Just the other day, I put up an Ivysaur I caught the night before. You can go first."

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 2:47:01 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
They did look good. So, when a can was given to him, he smiled even wider. Held it up a moment. “Hey, thanks.” Although it was probably best to let it settle for a minute. He put it down carefully in the sand, twisting it this and that way to ensure it wasn’t going anywhere from the shift of battle.

An Ivysaur. He’d always liked those.

“Yeah, I’ve used several new ones in the tournament. It’s been hit or miss, but I’ve been surprised a few times. How’d your Ivysaur do?”

Giona gave them to first move, and Bo encouraged the Munchlax. “Go ahead. Show us what you can do, buddy.”

The Munchlax opened its mouth, and then just… sat there.

?

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 3:31:25 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

He pulled the tab on the drink. A satisfying pop, followed by raspberry scented carbon vapor hitting his nose. He downed a fifth of the drink right away, and it seemed to scrape off any congestion that would've stopped him from sounding professional.

"It didn't do very well, but that's cool. It just needs to keep Espurr occupied when I start my new job."

The alternative would be putting everything in a PC. Just obsessively marking boxes full of things that barely know his name. Barbaric stuff.

Giona felt kind of bad for Munchlax, being put on the spot like that. Sableye on the other hand watched with anticipation.

"...Is he okay? Like... I wouldn't mind if you switched Munchlax out. My Espurr was like that too."

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 3:40:57 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo shrugged. “Ah, well. Battling’s not for all of ‘em, I guess.” Them being Ivysaur, or Pokemon in general.

At his opponent’s concern, Bo didn’t do much. Merely put a hand into his pocket, and bent down to grab the can from the sand again. Popped the tab.

“Nah, I think he’s okay. Just give him a sec.”

And, sure enough, after its AMNESIA had worn off, it suddenly began rolling towards the Sableye. Powered up, ROLLOUT would seek to flatten it against the sand.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 4:51:12 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

He tipped the can back and downed another fifth of it. Giona nodded, looking him over. Boruta had the patience of a parent watching their child walk.

"You're right. I think I see him moving."

The rollout went over well. Sableye was flattened as it was bowled over by the big baby. This could easily be one of several rollouts. Sableye didn't even wait for approval before launching a Confuse Ray. A blast of light emitted from its prismatic eyes that sought to confuse and disorient.

Giona felt kind of bad for Munchlax, being put on the spot like that. Sableye on the other hand was fully alert and ready for more.

"Wow. I'm sorry I doubted you, man."

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 5:27:58 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Walk he did. Rolled, even.

However, when it became CONFUSED, its trajectory changed. It rolled out of the way, and then into a wobbly circle, before the Munchlax stopped entirely, and slumped on the ground.

Looking over from where it lied there, its mouth opened wide again, half filling with sand. A ghostly tongue appeared out of the nowhere next to the Sableye, in hopes to deliver a LICK across its face.

Bo tilted his head, trying to decide how things were going.

“They really come out of nowhere, sometimes.”

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 23:23:50 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

He tipped the can back and downed another fifth of it. Giona nodded, looking him over. Boruta had the patience of a parent watching their child walk.

"Wow."

Munchlax had a different plan. It rolled over, still dazed, and got close. It then tried to use Lick, despite taking sand in its mouth to do so. The attempt to paralyze went over well. Sableye looked stiff. It then tried to counter with Zen Headbutt. A swift attempt to clobber Munchlax and make it flinch.

Giona felt kind of bad for Munchlax, being as clumsy as it was. Not that he'd know anything about that, of course.

"Yeah. You were right to be patient with it."

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 4:08:30 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
The LICK had not been enough to stop the assault. ZEN HEADBUTT made contact with Munchlax’s baby blubber, and sent it rolling a few times in the sand. It FLINCHED, then, lying on its back and drooling sand back onto the ground with an unpleasant noise, somewhere between a growl and a snore—like a garbage disposal.

Bo scratched his head, wondering a moment and shrugging. More patience? It would, perhaps, never be an easy call with this one.

“Yeah... thought so...” Bo stared, a little bewildered and wondering what might come next. He bent at the hip a little and angled his head to get a look at its face for some kind of clue.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 5:39:29 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

He tipped the can back and downed another fifth of it. Giona nodded, looking him over. While Giona was somewhat checked out, Sableye was alert as it could possibly be, especially after being stiffened and paralyzed.

"Nice. I uh... wow."

Munchlax was dazed, unfortunately. It was just oafish and baby-like enough for Giona to feel especially bad for it. Sableye on the other hand tried to press its advantage by trying to blast it with Power Gem. snWphEji

Some kind of lingering joint pain from the paralyzing attack halts Sableye. The semi-liquid rock blast becomes a puddle of sediment at its feet. Cooling in the hot sun, yes, but not impressive.

"Sometimes it takes a while. Ivysaur was like that too, now that I think about it."

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 6:14:56 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
“Yeah, true…”

After recovering from the previous attack, Munchlax balled itself up in a DEFENSE CURL, and simply laid there still. Given that Sableye’s attack hadn’t even made it across the field, the state of the battle was quite dull and questionable. Bo looked between the pokemon; one to the other, and then stopped on his Munchlax on the ground.

“Munch? You good?”

The garbage disposal sort of noise had subsided, and it gave a large belch.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 16:14:21 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

He tipped the can back and downed another fifth of it. Giona nodded, looking him over. While Giona was somewhat checked out, Sableye was alert as it could possibly be, especially after being stiffened and paralyzed.

"...Is he okay? Like... I can surrender, and he can try a lower stakes challenge first. Have you taken him to Rusturf Tunnel?"

Munchlax was dazed, unfortunately. It managed to muster up a Defense Curl. A pose meant to protect it from further harm. A good instinct to have. Sableye on the other hand would attempt to lunge and swing with Foul Play despite being paralyzed.jgQoVFEc

Somehow, it managed to power through the joint pain. Sableye lunged, and tried to get in close with a move that got more intense as the opponent buffed themselves.

"Sometimes I go there when I have a day off from work."

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 7:46:22 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
The Sableye’s FOUL PLAY was able to make contact despite PARALYSIS. This was one determined little ghost. Munchlax was beaten up, but, in its CONFUSION, didn’t seem to mind. Instead, it merely laid there, still, in the sand.

“Nah, we’ll see what happens.”

Bo continued to wait, craning his head a different way again.

“Rusturf Tunnel, huh? I’ve been there—haven’t taken this guy with me, though. Why, what about it?”

Suddenly, something happened. METRONOME took the form of GYRO BALL (used metronome rng), but, as it was CONFUSED, the ball exploded in full-power right on its user. Munchlax disappeared for a moment in a bright blast of steel energy.

When the light disippated, it was still dribbling sand on its back—very injured, but again, not seeming to mind. Finally, it rolled up to face its opponent, and began nearing somewhat ominously.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 20:49:13 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

He tipped the can back and drained the whole thing. Giona popped off two plastic rings. He then walked one can over to where Bo was, from the side to avoid interfering in the battle. He held a full can in his other hand for himself. Giona nodded, looking him over. While Giona was somewhat checked out, Sableye was alert as it could possibly be, especially after being stiffened and paralyzed.

"--Not that there's anything special about that cave, or anything. I just thought that he'd stand to benefit from going on a hike with you."

Munchlax was dazed, unfortunately. Its attempt to fight back with Gyro Ball seemed to backfire thanks to the confusion. Sableye on the other hand would attempt to press the advantage and swing with Foul Play despite being paralyzed.Q8KChxFD

Somehow, it managed to power through the joint pain. Sableye lunged, and tried to get in close with a move that got more intense as the opponent buffed themselves.

"Sometimes I go there when I have a day off from work."

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs giona [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 4:21:22 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Another FOUL PLAY hit the Munchlax, damaging it almost to the point of fainting. Finally, the pain was settling into its otherwise confused face. However, in a moment, it seemed to shake off its CONFUSION—perhaps finally knocked into sense by Sableye’s attacks.

Bo watched carefully, still, even as hetook the can offered from Giona and gave a friendly 'thanks'.

“Huh. That sounds nice, although I don’t know how long he’d stay awake. Worth a shot…” Lately, the Munchlax had been sleeping more and more. Growing, maybe?

Now, it began to glow ominously. And then, all of the sudden, an immense amount of power exploded onto the Sableye—and everything around. LAST RESORT blasted away sand, and everything on the ground surrounding. Beach balls; bags; umbrellas; chairs. Things ripped apart, and their makeshift ‘arena’ was effectively blown to bits with sand parting to potholes in the dirt, and powdered lines all but turned over.

THE BATTLEFIELD WAS DESTROYED.

Bo’s eyebrows were high on his head. “Damn.” He looked over at Giona. “Sorry. Didn’t see that one coming.”