1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 1:27:14 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo’s last battle in this thing was at least somewhat of a familiar face, though he’d only ever met her briefly in passing on a mission. She was a doctor—an important one—from what he could recall.

High in the mountains one day, she’d saved the lives of several wild Pokemon who’d been victim to a forest fire at the beginning of summer.
He couldn’t remember her name.

So, instead, he called, “I know you!”

The ball of his Dracozolt (a rather new one) sat in his hand, ready to deliver to the field, but he was distracted. What was her name? Had he ever even gotten it?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 21:18:46 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Did she know him? Eva peered curiously across the battlefield. She absentmindedly twirled the pokeball around in her own hand while tilting her head in thought. He seemed familiar. Of course, she’s met a ton of people lately and this tournament posted picture of everyone everywhere.

“You do?” she asks, not even considering the fact that many people would probably know who she is solely because of her position. After another moment of thought it clicks like a lightbulb and she snaps her fingers, “I think we worked together once! Erm . . . I’m sorry but I don’t remember your name,” her cheeks flush in a bit of embarrassment.

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 22:02:34 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
“Hey, no worries! Boruta Maher; I’m a ranger. You came out to some mission one day, fire in the hills…” he waved it off, because it was too long to devolve into in such a situation.

Another awkward moment or two of thought and he pointed again. “Dr. Morales!”

“Good to see you again.”

The pokeball expanded, and he clicked the button to release his newest fossil-type to the arena. It was just as aggressive as his Dracovish, but he planned to keep a careful eye on it. This one at least minded him better.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 16:23:04 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

“Ohhh!!! Right!! I remember that one!” she claps her hands together in recognition and a bright smile, “Nice to see yeah again, Boruta!” she tosses the pokeball and catches it again with the same hands, “Please, just call me Eva,” No need for formalities on the battle field.

Eva expands her own pokeball and lets the Snorlax takes the field. The rotund pokemon lumbers forward and falls flat onto his butt with a loud THUMP, “This is Chubs! He’s a big softie, kinda lazy, hope we can meet your expectations!” she’s had to resort to some of her less battle-seasoned pokemon as the tournament starts to come to a close.

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 3:39:17 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Eva’s smile was radiant, and easily turned up his own. “Yeah, you too!”

“Eva it is.”

The sight of Snorlax elicited some sort of incoherent but appreciate noise from Bo as he reached for a bottle of water at his foot.

“Chubs! What’s up, dude?”

“I love Snorlax! Got a Munchlax myself. Sits around, and eats everything.” It was a fitting match for him, really.

He looked back to his Dracozolt again, not so wary now of its aggression. Snorlax could take a hit.

The fossil-type began to glow to CHARGE, but Bo encouraged it to do something else.

“Don’t wait for it. THUNDERSHOCK!”

Though it’d be a 50/50 chance that the command was even followed. Perhaps it would simply beeline straight for the Snorlax instead.

UUT9vsdh

note: just rolling in this post for funsies.
1-50 = DRAGON RUSH (dracozolt doesn't listen) / 51-100 = THUNDERSHOCK (dracozolt does as told)

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 0:00:12 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva laughs, scratching her mess of blonde hair while eyeing her own Snorlax, “That’s not too far off from what Chubs likes to do,” The doctor had been encouraging him to be more active but with little success. Perhaps a battle with spark some interest in this chunky monkey.

Surprisingly the opponent obeyed its trainer and a THUNDERSHOCK cracks to life, zapping Chubs with electricity. The Snorlax’s eyes widen, jolting it awake with a zap of lightning. Chubs grunts shift on his small legs, “C’mon buddy, go get him!” Eva encourages from behind the normal-type. His head shifts back to look at her like she’s crazy. This wasn’t what he signed up for.

Chubs is lazy, and refuses to do anything

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 2:29:44 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
It seemed, today, the Dracozolt was going to listen. This was a breakthrough moment, and Bo smiled to himself. The previous THUNDERSHOCK was enough to wake the sleeping bear but not enough to do much else.

He remembered his battle with , and the way Munchlax had battled. He knew better than to doubt it. They were unpredictable.

“Stay alert!” he called, hoping the fossil-type might listen.

It went in with a DRAGON RUSH, powerful energy engulfing it as it charged forward towards the mass of blubber in front of it.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 18:42:12 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva sighs, dipping her shoulder heavily as she shakes her head. This is going to go great she ca already feel it, “C’mon Chubs!” it’s almost a whine, “You’re gonna have to give them something! It’s rude to just . . . sit there,” He grunts, recognizing the trainer’s point.

Chubs slowly shifts to his feet, only to be knock back onto his ass by the DRAGON RUSH. All that work to get to his feet only to be knocked back down. Useless.

He chooses not to get back onto his feet. Instead he lurches forward like a large boulder. Slowly, very slowly, trying to roll over his opponent with ROLLOUT.

Chubs uses ROLLOUT

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 1:02:52 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo laughed. “Munchlax is the same way. Just kinda have to wait for him to do something.”

The raptor (?) tilted its head to one side, watching as the Snorlax began to roll towards it, and then simply charging out of the way. It was moving very slowly, so it was quite easy, really.

Once on a safer side of the beast’s ROLLOUT, it sparked with electricity, waddled after it, and once within range again, pecked at the bear’s blubber with a strong BOLT BEAK.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 7:56:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Rollout misses (unsurprisingly). The Snorlax slowly lists forward, stopping it’s Rollout to sit on its butt. A heavy sigh rumbles through his chest. Well, he gave it a shot! Time to go home now?

No.

A sharp, electrified beak pokes into his backside. Loud grunt escapes the pokemon in surprise. His eyes widen as he leaps to his feet, lumbering around to face the Dracozolt again. Rude.

To teach him a lesson, Chubs reaches forward and leans to CRUNCH down on the electric-type.

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 9:10:03 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo watched, an amused huff of laughter coming from his chest as the Snorlax finally landed its retaliation—knowing it would only work up the fossil-type even more.

Aggressively, it flailed its head about, squawking (or something like that) as it charged the oversized bear with DRAGON RUSH. Its speed and force increased exponentially as it glowed, furthering the continuity of its assault. It would remain relentless unless it was knocked unconscious.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 21:17:36 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Hopefully, the Crunch would just stop the Dracozolt from retaliating then all this could just be over and he could go back to sleep. Unfortunately, it had the opposite effect. The pokemon rushes forward with a powerful DRAGON RUSH. The massive bear staggers backwards with a roar of pain. Frustration for the whole situation causes tears to well at the corner of his squinted eyes. Like a giant baby, he stomps the ground, making it shudder with a HIGH HORSEPOWER.

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 1:59:20 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
What a big giant baby. Bo pursed his lips the tiniest bit, but there was no stopping the brutal onslaught of his dinosaur. It made a terrible and aggressive noise before the energy of its AERIAL ACE came slashing against the teary-eyed bear monster. It didn’t care. No mercy.

It dealt what damage it could before being hurled backwards across the sand. No!

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 2:03:52 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

With the Dracozolt hurled across the field, the bear slumps down after the strike of AERIAL ACE. Chubs is over it. Snorlax lists to the side, sinking down until it was comfortable enough to REST.

Any other pokemon would wake up and continue battling after a good nap. Chubs on the other hand . . . Eva sighs, shaking her head apologetically, “I am SO sorry about him,” she takes his pokeball out to recall the Snorlax and forfeit the battle, “He’s totally not gonna be waking up any time soon,” Replacing the sphere back on her waist, she offer Boruta small smile, “Sorry, that probably wasn’t the kind of battle you were looking for,” She’s a competent trainer, she swears.

Boruta wins!

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs eva [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 2:21:43 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo laughed at the results and waved it off, promptly returning the Dracozolt as it went in for another unnecessary attack.

“Don’t worry! I understand.” Munchlax and all, as he’d explained. “It was fun! That’s what this is about, right?” No, it wasn’t, but he smiled back like it was anyways. He had enjoyed this, genuinely.

“Thanks for the battle Dr.! Enjoy the rest of the tournament.”

He turned to leave.