2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
one last hst thread [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 3:18:30 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar

When this event cycle is over I will be so happy.

Anyway.

This was Chu-e's very last match of the day. He was tired. His feet hurt. He was having a sugar crash from all that Dr. Pika (caffeine free) he had been drinking. His hair was a mess.

And now it was time to do watersports.

At least it wasn't the bad kind.

He sat on the edge of the dock, plucking at the wetsuit he had been given and watching his Primarina swim at his feet. Turns out he was waiting on .

- Chu-e's Outfit
- Going by 'Ji-Hoon Ki' in the tournament
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 19:05:36 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Sunset colors paint the sky with a beautiful array of oranges and pinks, streaks of wispy clouds reflected in the shallow waters of the Slateport docks. Usually at this time Captain Dross would be returning from a hard day's work out on the sea, dragging her feet across the Lilycove docks to the Sotally Tober for a much needed shower and a meal - provided by her very own cook. That being , of course.

Instead her bare feet take her down another city's docks. And while the Sotally Tober is anchored fairly close, the war ship isn't her destination this time.

Chu-e would find a shadow falling over him a second before a certain captain plops down next to him, flask in hand. Given her glitter streaked hair, the half dozen petals scattered across her flushed skin and the subtle hint of alcohol in her breath, the festivities had already caught Skyler in their grasp.

"Hey, didn't we meet before?" A pause. "Desert guy?" Apparently his name had all but flown away from her memories.

Nearby, a Vaporeon plays in the water.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 9:19:25 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
When plops down next to Chu-e, he doesn't recognize her. It takes a little bit, her own prodding, before a bit of recognition comes back on his side.

".... oh!" A tired smile and a quick laugh. "Yeah! Been a while... uh....." His own memory was fuzzy. Even simple things felt like grasping at straws right now, a cloud settled between his ears and overtaking his brain.

"I forgot your name, sorry." Another small, awkward laugh and Chu-e offered his hand to shake. She looked about as rough as he felt.

"Ji-Hoon Ki. Nice to meet you again."

Marsh, his Primarina, swam closer to the Vaporeon and nosed gently at the other pokemon, curious and looking to play.
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 9:50:00 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
A lopsided grin curves her lips at the man's initial confusion. She eagerly takes his handshake, a low chuckle spilling from her mouth as he introduces himself again. "Skyler Dross - I couldn't remember your name either, so we're even. Nice to meet you again, Ki." Although oblivious by nature, Ki's exhaustion is impossible, even for someone like Skyler, to miss.

"Had a rough day?"

The statement is followed by the appearance of a metal flask, its surface reflecting sunset colors as Skyler nudges it in Ki's direction. "Not sure it'll help, but at least it might relax you. Mind you, it's not champagne or anything fancy, but you'll get a kick out of it." Cheap tequila worked great for relaxing one's muscles.

Down by the water, Calypso blinks at the nose boop, then immediately uses ACID ARMOR to blend in with the surrounding water - too shy to stay and say hello. A narrow string of bubbles gives away her position, however.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 10:18:44 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Mmmmmm." Is all that Chu-e replies with a first. It should be answer enough, really. "Just tired. All these battles... feels more like two months have passed than just a day or so." He took the offered flask, lifting it up in a small 'cheer's motion before tipping it back. Not even bothering to smell it or anything, he just let it burn down his throat before offering it back.

Good thing he was a Wasted Wailord and could handle his alcohol.

"I'm thinking of turning it in, tracking down my kid and boyfriend, then heading home to sleep for about a week." Passing the flask back, Chu-e offered a grin to . "You had any good matches today?"

Marsh gave a small, offended 'honk!' before she started to Sing a little song. It was a lighter voice, not the kind of harsh attack to put one to sleep as it normally would. She was just hoping to get this new pokemon to relax a little! Marsh could be pushy when she wanted to be.
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 22:10:59 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"If by good matches you mean getting high, apparently destroying half of the stands with Draco Meteor and biting ? Then yeah, I've had pretty good matches." By the lopsided grin that widens across her face, Skyler doesn't seem too bothered about it. In fact, she looks like the Meowth that got the Fletchling. "Got a badge out of it too." A pause. "What about you, Ki? Any good matches"

But while Skyler might look comparatively bulky and tall next to , the way she slumps ever so slightly in a mess of scarred limbs and half-lidded eyes quickly betrays an underlying exhaustion. Even the generous swig she takes from her flask doesn't seem to help much.

"Yeah, think I'll head back to my ship. Might have to order takeaway." There's no way she'll be cooking - or anyone else, for that matter. Frankly, it'll be amazing if she even gets to eat; she'll hit the bed first thing, most likely.

Under the water, doe-like eyes peek up at the Primarina. After a few seconds it follows the string of bubbles to the surface, yet keeps her distance, far too cautious to just approach. A small glowing ring envelops her, the AQUA RING an unnecessary measure of protection.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 2:46:15 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Had he had any good matches? He quickly thought back....

And smiled before he nodded.

"I got to blow up my friend and eat ice cream with my kid. I'd call that a win." His other matches were fun but more standard. The sky jousting with had been really fun, at least. Plus the cat lesson he gave to .

"Yeah.... it's gunna be a takeout night at my place, too. You got any suggestions?" A yawn left him, letting look down his throat if she really wanted.

Marsh barked again, flopping back so she could float on the top of the water. Since her new friend didn't seem to want to play, she would just relax for a bit.
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 21:25:56 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"You- you did what to Razz?!" The words 'blow up' and 'friend' don't quite mesh together in Skyler's mind, though she'd seen the ranger today so she supposed he was okay... And, to be fair, the ranger was far more capable than he gave himself credit for. Her pride was still smarting from being beaten in that underwater race...

Skyler Dross does get to look down 's throat regardless of whether she wants to or not. Then again, she is muffling her own yawns with the back of her hand and with her own sheer stubborness.

Snorting, she takes another swig of the flask. It would remain between the two of them in a silent offering should Chu-e want more.

"I'm not very familiar with Slateport, but there's this little place by the docks. Got the best pizza, but uh, don't stay inside for long. It can get rowdy at night." It was more of a pub than a restaurant, but the food was delicious and adequately unhealthy. 

As if on cue, Skyler's stomach grumbles. 

Left alone by the Primarina, Calypso dives to reappear a minute later with a struggling Feebas between her fangs - looking extremely proud of herself.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 0:54:00 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Since got a peek, for the hell of it and for the DRAMA, she might catch a quick glimpse of black crystal in the back of his throat.

That was, like, up to her if she thought she was just seeing stuff or not, though.

Regardless, the conversation would move forward.

"We had a battle and I decided to fuck with him... you know, stuff happens. All in good fun." He was sure that didn't appreciate it, but what could you do? At the suggestion of the pizza place, he nodded. Wonder if they would serve it plain.

"Eh, not too scared of rowdy places. I used to be a rounder, if you can believe it."

When Marsh saw the cool trick the Vaporeon had done, she gasped before diving under herself- and coming up with a plump Magikarp. Was this how they would bond?
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 20:25:33 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"I think you've got something..." Skyler Dross points to her own throat, vaguely indicating the spot where she'd seen the black... stuff. "...here. Inside." Despite her words, the captain doesn't seem too worried - perplexed, maybe, which she promptly solves by taking a big gulp of the flask between them. "Should probably go to a doctor about it. Don't think your throat is supposed to be black."

Being in Hoenn too long usually leaves you pretty unfazed about most anything. Alcohol and Skyler's natural obliviousness also contributes to the yawn that makes it past her lips, easy and relaxed.

His next words pull more of a reaction from the captain. An eyebrow quirks up, and she lazily drags her gaze to his comparatively thin limbs. "Not the brawler type, I s'ppose?"

While the Primarina takes the fish hunting as a playful way to connect with the other water type, Calypso joins in to establish herself as the apex predator. Shy she might be, but she was not without pride. When she resurfaces again, it's with a struggling Carvanha held between gleaming fangs.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 5:01:43 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Something?" His hand follows where she points, massaging his throat. He seems perplexed, for a moment, before he forces a laugh. "I've just been eating a lot of candy today. You know how it stains your mouth and stuff." Easy enough to try and write it off, anyway.

"I used to be! I was a rough customer." Hard to believe with his current puny form, sure, but he raised up his arm to give a very pathetic flex. "I just got kind of sick after the war and couldn't work out." But, given that could probably easily snap him over her knee, it was probably a little more than that. Just didn't know her well enough was all.

Again, the Primarina dips down. She's gone for a bit longer- before dragging up a Toxapex. The pokemon, as a bonus, is holding onto a frightened Corsola. Sadly, the Toxapex drops the Corsola into the water with a plop, making Marsh chirp in anguish around her prize.
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 8:34:43 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Huh." Skyler let her eyes travel over Chu-e's thin limbs as his attempt at a flex. Despite there being... not much there, what little there was spoke of past musculature. "That sucks." Not exactly the most eloquent response, but the feeling is there.

"S'not a party till someone's thrown out the window." Grinning from behind the glint of her metal flask, Skyler takes a gulp and returns the object to the empty space between them. "Got into a lot of fights, then?"

This time a growl definitely makes its way past Calypso's mouth at the sight of the huge Toxapex and its prey, ink-dark eyes searching the depths. It's around five minutes before the Vaporeon resurfaces again, clearly needing to go farther out to capture her next prey: a struggling Gorebyss, its beautiful pink scales hiding the demonic entity within.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 8:48:18 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Oh, a ton. I was kind of a shitheel when I was younger. Like, I would go pick fights for no reason. Made me feel better about myself, I guess." he shrugged and took the offered flask, taking one last drink before handing it back.

"But, you know how it is. You get older and mature up some. Or at least, like, learn to not do too much stupid shit." Which, Chu-e still did a lot of stupid shit.

Marsh chirped in delight, trying to nibble on the Gorebyss before she dived down as well. A few bubbles came up before she, too, returned with a similar prize- a Huntail! The eel thrashed and snapped. This time, though, the Primarina tossed it in the air before it vanished down her throat in a quick snap- a tasty treat.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:10:31 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
A rough bark of laughter escapes, unbidden, from Skyler's throat at Chu-e's description of his younger mishaps. It painted, probably, too familiar a picture for the ship captain - she could easily see herself as a shitheel of sorts. A proclivity for danger would always nip at her heels, sharpening her desire to go against things bigger than herself.

"I don't know, I think I'm always going to get into stupid shit. Especially in Hoenn." Her words mimic Chu-e's thoughts. "What would the fun be otherwise? If you don't find trouble, it'll find ya first. Better meet it on your own terms." She grins impishly at the man, poking his arm gently with a finger. "Bet you're still a troublemaker."

Down by the water, Calypso's eyes widen at the Huntail that disappears down Primarina's throat in one fell swoop. Try as she might, the Vaporeon couldn't do that. Blinking, she nudges the Gorebyss in the Primarina's direction just in case the other wanted a second snack. Then, with a huff, Vaporeon disappears into the waters. The first sign of her arrival is a disturbance in the water, visible from the docks. The second is the Melotic that she's dragging by the tail.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:40:46 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e ends up tipping his head back and laughing loudly.

"You caught me!" Lightly, he gave a light shove on the shoulder.

"I get into people's hair all the time. Sometimes you need a little mischeif in your life." Groaning, Chu-e went to stand. He plucked up the VS Seeker app.

"I'm going to mark this as a 'win' for you, cool?"

Marsh clapped and eagerly accepted the second meal. As she chewed, needing to be a little more careful with the Gorebyss, she cheered on the Vaporeon and started to clap and did a flip. That was so cool! Her new friend was amazing!