awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 22:32:57 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
walking up to the contraption, sam readies a capsule in his hand. he twists it in his palm and fingers for a moment, feeling the grooves, debating. he then looks to his opponent, a polite smile forming.

"good luck."

sportsmanship. politeness. whichever it is, he gives his blessing for the fight ahead before releasing his first choice, an alolan graveler. the dual type's rock's have electricity dancing around them as he flexes his bolder muscles and snorts.

his roll model of hoenn, , is what inspired the way his black rocks mock hair. not to mention his sick gains. he snorts and rolls, tumbling toward the obstacle and hitting the target spot, sending the 'strength meter' up and causing murmurs around the small gathering of the festival game.

it's hardly an 'official' battle, but it counts, because thems the rules.

//NOTES
IWfKoWcj
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 22:50:35 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Oh. The guy from Mt. Pyre.

Bo recognized him by his markings, mostly. The news had printed and broadcasted his face upon his acquisition of his new position as sexton. He knew little else of him.

“Thanks, man. You too. Although I don’t think she’ll need it!”

A stood at his side. She flexed back at the other competitively and then attacked the target in an alternate way, stomping towards it. BULLDOZE.

wF1h36er

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 22:57:34 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
something struck his graveler's eyes. something like... wanting to mate? he quickly put on his charm and was just about to try some sort of line or move before his trainer recalled him.

"my apologies, he's a bit straightforward, and there are children near."

they were allowed to use a certain amount of pokémon to hit the target, building up a collective strength and by the end of the round, the ones with the most points would win.

for the time being, it seemed that boruta was in the lead. sam pulled another capsule out and released the pokémon contained within.

"hard as you can."

with a twist and a thrust of her fins, the mantine threw herself forward and hit the target with a HEADBUTT.

//NOTES
d2JFxp49
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 23:12:50 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Golem neared the Graveler, catching his gaze. Her waddle was telling.

Bo’s eyes widened at the scene unfolding, and he looked around for a moment before returning his Golem as well.

“Yeah, no, it’s fine. Happens.”

He gave a snort and then released the next. This one was a Copperajah, which was perhaps a little overkill. Unable to see the target well enough beneath her trunk, she swung with STRENGTH in hoped to hit true.

vNGMXZgJ

total: 174

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 23:24:15 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
relieved that boruta didn't seem to harbor much ill will toward sam's over eager graveler, he watched the numbers match up. the sight of the copperajah had sam blinking curiously.

"...well i feel a bit like those who bring knives to gun fights."

releasing his fucking palpitoad, he sighed and waved toward the target.

"i mean, do your best."

the palpitoad just stared blankly at the target. for several long silent seconds, and then suddenly her mouth opened and released her HYPER VOICE.

//NOTES
TOTAL 30+roll
WBNzEyOL
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 3:08:02 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Copperajah very nearly smashed the machine, but the target still nearly hit the top. Bo, catching a glimpse somehow, had both fists squeezed on victory--but they came up short. So close!

"Good try. That almost made it!"

The Copperajah backed away, and next up for Dracovish. Boruta released it from its ball and pointed. This would be brief. This thing was pretty aggressive.

"Get it!"

With a nasty growl of some sort, it ran towards the target, throwing a hazardous BRUTAL SWING of its fish head.

WCRFZsjL

total: 230

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 15:34:27 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
if sam were the type he would have been embarrassed. as it was, this in no way attacked his pride. mostly because he purposed not to place his pride in things like friendly competition and pokémon battles.

returning his palpitoad who had started to foam a little at the mouth, he released his polteageist. the little ghost type popped out of its shell and glanced around, eyes on sam, then on the giant target.

"give it a good whack, would you?"

with a nod, the polteageist gathered energy in its shell, before releasing it on the target with a SUCKER PUNCH.

//NOTES
TOTAL 32+roll
uPa6Ws0U
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 2:44:38 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
The teapot’s strength was impressive. Bo’s brows rose on his face, creating a wrinkle across his forehead. Damn.
It made him rethink his strategy. Maybe something smaller could get the job done just as well, and more precise? He’d give it a shot.

Pidgey was released. It had not been doing well during the festival so far, after fainting during watermelon eating competition.

“Look! A chance to redeem your pride, Pidgey! We believe in you, dude.”

Excited for the opportunity, it chirped and hopped down, and gave the most powerful peck it could.

phq3s3i|

total: 280

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 13:16:46 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
that pidgey was impressive. sam gave a smile at the efforts and watched the little bird fluff its feathers and act like, well, a pidgey.

returning the tea cup, he pulled another ghostly creature from his arsenal. a dhelmise.

"charybdis," a monster of the sea. "heavy slam."

a whine was given before the heavy anchor was lifted and then slammed into the target.

//NOTES
TOTAL 111+roll
l2tL1Nqo
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 7:31:51 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
“Hell yeah! Great job!”

Bo held his hands out for the Pidgey to jump into, and it worked its way up his arm to sit on his shoulder. Up next was Cradily.

The fossil-type was released in front of the target, and it swayed for a moment before going down to give it an ASTONISHING smack with its face.

apkIk4l4

total: 333

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 13:49:29 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the face plant was astonishing, that's for sure. while sam's dhelmise, charybdis, didn't make any sort expression sam had been so surprised by the technique his brow quirked up.

"one way to use your head."

recalling his dhelmise, he then pulled out another ball to reveal his drifloon. the small ominous shift in the wind wasn't even his attack. no, he looked right at the target and performed a HEX.

//NOTES
TOTAL 156+roll
b6Btrot6
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 3:53:41 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Bo snorted a laugh, caught off guard by the sexton’s comment, and agreeing, “Yeah, no shit.” The Dracovish was then returned, not one to ever be left out for long due to its aggression issues.

Armaldo was next to be released. The fossil-type gave a confused, strange sound, looking around and seeming a bit out of sorts. Bo pointed to steer its attention towards the target.

Catching on, the oversized shrimp lizard waddled over and threw a CRUSH CLAW across the target.

AOvo5irO

total: 425

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 12:10:09 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam was losing by quite the margin. he didn't mind, it was fun getting to know this other guy and his arsenal of pokémon.

returning the drifloon, he decided to keep on track with that hex strategy and pulled out his female gastly. she was a relatively new addition, and while he wasn't unsure if he could trust her he was a bit hesitant that she wouldn't cause strife; so his muscles were a bit more tense than previous releases.

"hex on the target, please."

gastly batted her big creepy eyelashes before making one of the most horrendous looks at the target, attempting to HEX it.

"thank you much."

sam's words were slurred together as he immediately returned her, so she couldn't go licking anybody.

//NOTES
TOTAL 208+roll
GCKKiiJQ
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 0:26:49 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
Sam seemed a bit nervous, but Bo hardly noticed it. Instead, eyes were on his Armaldo as it stepped away, and he decided on his next.

Golurk was sent out, the giant standing high over the target.

HAMMER ARM.”

It swung down hard.

jYWm0lNM

total: 524

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bo vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 16:13:25 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
a loud buzzer calls the match, a warning for no more pokémon to be summoned. as sam hears it, he looks to boruta, sure that he's won. extending a hand, he smiles politely, then offers his congratulations as soon as bo's announced as the winner.

"well done, mr. maher. suppose my strength lies in strategy, rather than brute force."

he's known this, but this match has proved as a good reminder of that fact.

"i'll have to catch you in a true match at some point, to test the theory."