Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Rowan Wrynn vs Noah Faber (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 1:20:10 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Another battle was scheduled for Rowan and strangely enough this one didn’t seem to have a name attached, though that wasn’t uncommon should someone want to remain anonymous for whatever reason. “I’ve already fought Fernando Silph and Zac Ramsay, wonder who else is out here?” He muttered to himself, looking around to see if anyone was approaching.

A hand stroked the hardened carapace of the Kingler, pleased the Pokemon had recently evolved into a personal favorite of his. “How are you doing, Karkinos?” The Kingler let out a guttural hiss, seemingly satisfied.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 2:01:44 GMT
noah faber Avatar
's challenger arrives in his loose gym uniform. the midday sun is unbearable by now— and so his arms become bare by consequence. torched sleeveless, noah seeks another battle before peak heat.

seeing the kingler, noah is quick to summon his own crab. a stunned stupid smile emerges before it crowns a freezy(nyao) crabominable form.

"hey man!" noah hollers. "you and me. we're matched up, yeah?" he pats his crabominable's yellow tufts. "name's noah. you might've seen my face on some shorts." a quick reference to a previous partner's ( / michail) purchased merchandise.

"ready for some crabs?"

tl;dr

he says hi ^.^

DMOFiH6S
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 2:35:27 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Oh hey.” Rowan knew the face that appeared in the arena, the familiar visage of Noah Faber. They’d met once before on Mt. Pyre and hadn’t been acquainted since, though he knew of them from reputation alone. You didn’t date the League Champion and run a Gym Challenge without having some public notoriety.

“I remember you, we’ve met before.” Noah most likely met dozens of new people per day, he didn’t expect to be remembered himself. “Are you asking to give me crabs?” A small smirk crawled across his lips, teasing the Gym Leader.

“Karkinos, you go first.” The Kingler surged forward with the intention of striking the Crabominable with Steel Claw.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 2:45:55 GMT
noah faber Avatar
"oh shit!" noah says— but the expletive is meant to bide time for memory to scale its mountain. finally, it arrives and as it reaches the summit of his thoughts, he says, "mt. pyre!"

the lewd humour is enough to lure laughter from noah's lungs. he shakes his head. "no! wait, the game's called craps, right? whooOOPS!"

his crabominable rushes to meet karkinos in center. encasing its own claw in frost, an ICE HAMMER matches the kingler's STEEL CLAW. ice shards scatter onto their beachy battlefield.

"nice! pretty evenly matched in strength!" noah shouts, wiping his brow with his forearm. "widow! FROST BREATH!"

like a metal gate plunging open, the crabominable expels icy air toward the kingler's bright orange carapace.

tl;dr

frost breath POG

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 3:45:03 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Claw clashed against claw in an evenly matched test of strength, the sound of carapace scraping against carapace filling the arena for a moment before the stalemate broke. “Seems like they are, huh?” Steel Claw was far from the pinnacle of Kingler’s strength, but at least now he had a good idea of what he was going up against.

“Brace yourself.” An exhale of frigid air passed over Karkinos, forcing them to take a defensive position. Carapace began to Harden reactively boosting their defensive capabilities for the future and protecting them somewhat in the present.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 6:34:11 GMT
noah faber Avatar
"give the kingler a meaty punch!"

as noah's crabominable expels a breath as spicy as a tab of mantyne gum (ice), its mallet of a hand juts to the side. the pokemon groans. the sound of an old man escaping a nursing home— but forgetting that the entrance has steps instead of a ramp.

the claw swings toward the kingler as a frosty pendulum. swiftly, the ice crab's legs mobilize to close the small distance between them.

"are you feeling it now? the growing intensity?" noah shouts. "this is what it's like to battle a hoenn gym leader, man!"

tl;dr

crabominable moving in to punch the kingler's side

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 6:47:29 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I’ve already beaten one of you before.” Rowan smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. He’d earned the Rhythm Badge from Melody Miro and although Noah was an entirely different animal, he was prepared for the intense nature of these battles. “Match their attack.”

Glowing energy gathered around the claw of Kingler, thrusting the appendage forward to strike the Crabominable with a precise Crabhammer, striking against their own claw and looking to deal some damage.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 5:09:20 GMT
noah faber Avatar
"aha?" not a gasp of skepticism. it is a mixture of surprise and pride. the thought that the challenger before him was more than he had initially imagined.

the CRABHAMMER lands like a heavy wrench. from the sheer strength of the attack, the crabominable skids back before the legs rearrange like robotic appendages.

"ice the ground! make it slippery!"

an ICE HAMMER makes contact with their field. a crawling layer of frost spreads across the battleground as the crabominable slides on top.

"who'd you get it from?" noah hollers.

tl;dr

icing the ground POG

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 1:11:12 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

A scuttling series of limbs struggled to find purchase on the ice, Kingler unable to close the distance between themselves and Crabominable. “It’s useless to work with them, crack the ice.” Rowan coached, watching as Karkinos raised their claw into the air, smashing into the ice with the powerful force of Hammer Arm.

“Melody Miro. I got her badge a few weeks back.”
Sunlight glinted off the Rhythm Badge as Rowan held the trophy aloft, allowing them a good look before slipping it back into his pocket.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 1:24:14 GMT
noah faber Avatar
"oh melody! did you know the gym leaders have a bet going on right now?" the pane of clear ice shatters and casts cold shards into their air like dispersing pixels. "if she loses, we shave her head!"

while rowan's badge retreats back into its pocket, noah's crabominable is quick on the offensive. it slides forth like a curling stone. a relentless barrage of ICE HAMMER continues to fly toward the kingler, landing on the field to sculpt flat blooms of frost.

"anyway, that badge means you're a good battler." noah says. "i won't let my guard down!"

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 21:37:06 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“You all have a bet?” Rowan couldn’t decide if that sounded dubious or harmless, either way he was a criminal and didn’t have the moral high ground. “Shave her head?!” He couldn’t help but burst into laughter at the simple thought, wondering how Melody would look bald. “Now I almost want her to lose.”

Now wasn’t the time for amusing thought, however. Ice Hammer surged forward and continuously attempted to strike the Kingler, forcing them backwards across the arena to avoid the strikes. “Don’t hold back.” Rowan called out, a small glint in the eyes of Karkinos as he knew exactly what the other meant. A white aura gathered around their massive claw, scuttling forward in an attempt to seize the other Pokémon in a Guillotine.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 3:25:57 GMT
noah faber Avatar
noah laughs too, caught by the contagious cadence of the other's own chuckles. his throat tickles further at the thought: a reminder to stay cool under the deathly heat of a hoenn sun.

"funny as hell, don't you think, man?" as the crab conflict continues, noah watches their opponent carefully. the kingler mind you— not rowan, "IRON DEFENSE! look out!"

the massive claw slams against the crabominable's body. ice forms across its yeti-like fur as it hardens its carapace. still, like a glutton cracking open shells, the damage is palpable.

"SCALD them back!" as the crabominable struggles to carry its beating, hot, burning water jets out of its drooling mouth.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 4:51:44 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I’d definitely pay to see something like that.” A chuckle escaped his lips, though there was little time for jovials considering the attack that was coming their way. “Karkinos, hold fast.” The Kingler raised their claw in a defensive position, using Harden to once more strengthen their defenses and mitigate the damage of Scald.

“Pretty intense battle, huh?” Rowan called out across the arena, the grin of competition plastered upon his lips, enjoying every moment of this.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 5:15:58 GMT
noah faber Avatar
"aight! gimme your number and i'll invite you!" noah says.

while the other HARDENS, the crabominable's muscles tense within their carapace cages. such bodily binds are not here to constrain— but to channel strength. to focus it.

and as the crabominable spits the last of its BURNING SCALD from its mouth, a SUPERPOWER smashes the ice crab into the other with a resounding crash.

"hell yeah, man! let's go!" noah shouts. "keep it up. your kingler's nasty!"

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 0:47:47 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Damage was beginning to wear upon Kingler, becoming more and more labored with each movement. This battle was going to reach the apex soon and Karkinos was hoping to be on the side of victory. “Alright, go in and strike!”

Rowan shouted out, feeling the excitement of the battle taking over. Kingler surged forward with one more attempt at a blow, swinging the Metal Claw for Crabominable.