Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 3:23:54 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Feeling the sensation of the sun baking one's skin doubtlessly made them eager to seek refuge, and Adrian was no exception, looking to finish the match quickly and make a break for the nearest indoor lounge. The Arbok ahead of him seemed indifferent as it burrowed halfway into the sunbaked silica of Slateport Beach, warming its blood.

I can't stand this shit... I hope my next match is indoors.

Squinting through the sunlight, Adrian tried to make out the approaching trainer.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 16:05:13 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
walking along the beach with his absol, sam noticed the trainer ahead of him and gave a friendly wave. because it was habit, along with his polite smile. habits drilled into him by his mother, who used to tell him the dead didn't smile so they had to.

made sense, sort of.

"sam carter," he began his introduction as he got closer, extending a handshake. "caretaker of mt. pyre-- up next?"

because he was, and he was eager to get it over with. so hot.
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 21:23:29 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian returned a dual-finger salute of sorts, like tipping an invisible hat to the trainer. " 'M Adrian. And yeah," he gestured towards the field and the cobra hard at work burying itself. "I'm waitin' for my next match." Mt. Pyre, huh? Wonder why I haven't seen him around before... Then again, undertakers and gravediggers could be funny folk.

"Thanks for what you do up there." Adrian dipped his head as a show of gratitude. Finally his eyes came to rest upon the Absol, which never failed to send shivers up his back. Such a bad omen to come across. "Ya ready?" He seemed eager.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 21:35:28 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
while some thought absols to be a bad omen, sam often let his absol roam free to sense when the bad omens were actually coming about. it was his way of trying to stay one step ahead of life. well, that, and absol hated being contained. who was sam to argue?

that eager atmosphere adrian had about him was contagious. sam found his adrenaline rushing a bit, and he gave a nod.

"whenever you are. hecate?"

the absol gave a coo, pouncing up and into place before sam. she showed herself ready to battle, picking up on her trainer's emotions and reflecting them as her body seemed to enter a stance that showed she was ready for the battle to begin.

"i'll probably regret this," sam began with a smirk. "your move."
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 21:40:20 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
I've been regretting this whole tournament, Adrian lamented quietly to himself before thinking on a strategy. "Brood, pursue them." In an UNNERVING display its hulking mass suddenly erupted from the sands before slithering forward at a brisk pace, undulating lavender coils lurching towards the Absol with hostile intent. Teeth were bared and fangs dribbled with an acrid, viscous ooze.

Meanwhile Adrian watched with a level of resigned apathy; not disinterested in the match, but having begun to expect losses before a battle had even begun.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 22:07:48 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"take the hit," sam instructed. "get an edge for later."

hecate's body braced for impact, but her eyes started to glow. a glimpse into the future, psychic energy showing her as much, and then she was back in the present and grunting out an aggressive noise at the way the fangs felt sinking into her flesh.

//NOTES
ABSOL used FUTURE SIGHT
0/2 for FUTURE SIGHT
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 5:08:04 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Instinct compelled it to keep its teeth lodged into Absol's frame, where its POISON FANGS now began to trickle with its potent venom. Its body began to tense and reflexively coil around the beast, not constricting, but surrounding the canine where it stood. "Don't go too far, now," he warned the cobra preemptively.

But the serpent seemed content to let the venom do its work, the concoction funneling into Absol's bloodstream from the hollowed incisors in Brood's mouth.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 12:39:16 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
despite the fact that it looked like absol was done for, sam knew better. that future sight would come in just in the nick of time, even if his next move didn't free her.

"claw your way out."

sam was banking on her SUPER LUCK ability to cause the SHADOW CLAW she produced to be strong enough to impact the cobra so severely that it released her.

again, if not, that FUTURE SIGHT would aid her, and help her to deliver what sam hoped would be the final blow, a PSYCHO CUT.

//NOTES
ABSOL used SHADOW CLAW
CRIT ROLL because of shadow claw's high crit plus absol's super luck it's...

PH0R4tWn
1-33 for crit hit

1/2 for FUTURE SIGHT
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 6:50:12 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Arbok recoiled, its tongue flailing with a shrill hissing that illustrated the pain it had experienced from the blow. But rather than back down entirely, it adjusted its approach, beginning to WRAP its massive girth around the Absol's extremities in order to restrict its movements. Left unchecked, it would smother the Absol into submission...
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 12:18:49 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"you're alright."

hecate let out a grunt as the snake began to coil around her. she wouldn't stoop so low as to let out a whine or a whimper, she had this fight in the bag. or perhaps she was just absorbing sam's own confidence and it was helping her to keep a level head.

either way, her FUTURE SIGHT was coming forth, blossoming in the fashion of a wave of psychic energy. it came seemingly out of nowhere, having been sent from the past when the fight began, gripping the snake and pushing it back. it even created enough of an opening for a PSYCHO CUT, thrashed against the large fan of its head.

if you wanna kill the snake, chop its head off, right?

//NOTES
2/2 for FUTURE SIGHT
ABSOL was set free with FUTURE SIGHT and used PSYCHO CUT
CRIT ROLL
xKFFBrFj
1-33 for crit hit
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 12:27:12 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Recoiling from the Absol, the cobra thrashed around violently, trying to put distance between itself and the unseen assailant addling its mind with esoteric forces. Another damaging strike left a slice in Arbok's scaled hide as well, sending thick globs of its blood onto the sands that saturated the arena. "You okay Brood?!"

Of course it wasn't, but Adrian wanted to continue the battle. It was just a damn shame their opponent had the right coverage. After a few moments of waiting to see if the snake settled down, it was clear it wouldn't, and Adrian was forced to concede.

Pulling a pokeball from his belt, Adrian's expression soured into a pout.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 12:36:04 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
seeing adrian's pout, sam feels a tinge of guilt. he doesn't recall his absol, instead checking her hide. she'd manage to avoid getting any poison in her skin thankfully. but he does take care to remove the poison with some sand from the beach.

"you're alright hecate."

she gives him a lick on his cheek before brushing against his leg and taking a seat beside him. sam looks to the trainer, frowning.

"i apologize for her brutality. her survival instinct must have kicked in. she's usually not that harsh."
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 12:38:39 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"I can't really be upset, considering what Arbok did to it," Adrian shrugs, brushing off the comment. Rather than be forced to acknowledge the loss, which stung worse for the fact it was the latest in a string of humiliating defeats, he decided to strike up the earlier trivia provided by the announcer. "So, caretaker, right?"

Adrian lets it hang in the air for a moment before continuing: "You maintain it well, especially for a graveyard." Maybe the view from the summit helped him overlook the dilapidated ruins of a centuries old cemetery, or the fact he'd interred Howitzer there, but his stays at the mountain were always pleasant. Thanks to their efforts.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 12:43:11 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
oh good, so this one was a sensible trainer. sam was thankful for that much and would proceed in social etiquette with the knowledge that he was level headed. not one of those hot shots that had double standards.

he always assume the worst in people, less disappointment.

"can i help in getting the arbok healed up, at least? i've a few spare items."
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. SAM [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 12:46:54 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Uh... Brood, you gonna be alright with that?" Adrian cast the creature a stern look, and although it still swiped its tail anxiously to keep the throbbing pangs of pain at bay, it dipped its head in submission. Gesturing with his hand, he encouraged Sam to approach the snake as he, too, closed in on the pokemon.