3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 19:44:33 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","top-banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

"You're really worried about getting wet, aren't you?"[break][break]

Stormy uses both hands like a visor to block out the sun as she stares up at a floating Chandelure. The Pokemon twirls, agitated by the woman's teasing. They are so far up the beach, however, that she's just being dramatic.[break][break]

Someone catches the elite four's eye, however, a familiar face in the crowd.[break][break]

"Alexei? Hey! Wait up a minute!"[break][break]

She jogs to catch up to him.[break][break]

"Are you busy right now? Been looking for a battle and you're probably the perfect person to appease miss 'don't get me wet' over there. What do you say? Fancy a battle in the air?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged | notes

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","title"]STORMY SILPH
[attr="class","subtitle"]i've been burnt so many times

[newclass=".moltres"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/dbxzhYZ/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main b"]font-size:12px; color:#e0b443;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/Kj0d7T8/image.png); height:350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top-banner"]background:#b33024; margin-bottom:-50px; height:120px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/NyYNjvs/image.png); height:400px; position:relative; z-index:1; margin-top:-150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main"]background:rgba(99, 83, 77,0.8); border:1px solid #e0b443; margin:0px 20px; margin-top:-230px; font:11px roboto; text-align:justify; color:#fff; padding:40px; position:relative; z-index:999;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .icon"]height:80px; width:80px; float:left; padding:10px; border:1px solid #e0b443; margin-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .flower"]background:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-size:cover; background-position:bottom right; width:500px; height:250px; position:absolute; z-index:-1; bottom:0px; right:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .title"]font:70px 'Bungee Outline'; line-height:60px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #f76022, 1px -1px 0 #f76022, -1px 1px 0 #f76022, 1px 1px 0 #f76022; color:#fff; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; top:200px; left:170px; position:absolute; height:210px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .subtitle"]font:bold 11px montserrat; border-left:10px solid #d63209; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:none; color:#f76022; background:#000; padding:5px 5px 5px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn"]padding-top:13px; padding-left:23px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img"]padding:10px 5px; height:30px; margin-right:20px; background:#95281e; border-radius:5px; opacity:0.9; transition:0.5s all; filter:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img:hover"]filter:grayscale(40%); transition:0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #e0b443; width:300px; margin:10px auto 0px; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc b"]background:#e0b443; color:#111; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; font:bold 13px poppins; letter-spacing:-1px; margin-right:5px; font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass-".moltres .ooc span"]text-transform:uppercase; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Bungee+Outline]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 20:36:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei was busy tucking into a bottle of ramune, leaning on the crutch and taking some time to himself when he heard a familiar voice cut across the crowd and call his attention.

Well—the first thing he saw was a Chandelure floating above the owner of the—

“Oh, she has the same sentiments as I do. I don’t do well near water either, he chuckled as he was followed by a Fearow who was busy plucking at some loose feathers, preening himself.

“Well, can we have the battle out here in the crowd or do we look for an empty arena?”

Surely nobody would want to watch him fail battling again in front of one of the region’s Elite Four, no less.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 1:37:05 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

"We can head down the beach aways.. it's a bit crowded here."[break][break]

And, after a moment of walking- in which Stormy offers to help him should he need it, the battle commences.[break][break]

Chandelure spins, twirling her arms around her in a dramatic display. Flames eat at her, and then they spread apart like a wave. She wastes no time with Stormy's signature ability and influence. [break][break]

Several WILL-O-WISPS explode from her mouth, aiming to burn the Fearow.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged | notes

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".moltres"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/dbxzhYZ/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/Kj0d7T8/image.png); height:350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top-banner"]background:#b33024; margin-bottom:-50px; height:120px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/NyYNjvs/image.png); height:400px; position:relative; z-index:1; margin-top:-150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main"]background:rgba(99, 83, 77,0.8); border:1px solid #e0b443; margin:0px 20px; margin-top:-230px; font:11px roboto; text-align:justify; color:#fff; padding:40px; position:relative; z-index:999;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .icon"]height:80px; width:80px; float:left; padding:10px; border:1px solid #e0b443; margin-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .flower"]background:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-size:cover; background-position:bottom right; width:500px; height:250px; position:absolute; z-index:-1; bottom:0px; right:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .title"]font:70px 'Bungee Outline'; line-height:60px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #f76022, 1px -1px 0 #f76022, -1px 1px 0 #f76022, 1px 1px 0 #f76022; color:#fff; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; top:200px; left:170px; position:absolute; height:210px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .subtitle"]font:bold 11px montserrat; border-left:10px solid #d63209; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:none; color:#f76022; background:#000; padding:5px 5px 5px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn"]padding-top:13px; padding-left:23px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img"]padding:10px 5px; height:30px; margin-right:20px; background:#95281e; border-radius:5px; opacity:0.9; transition:0.5s all; filter:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img:hover"]filter:grayscale(40%); transition:0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #e0b443; width:300px; margin:10px auto 0px; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc b"]background:#e0b443; color:#111; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; font:bold 13px poppins; letter-spacing:-1px; margin-right:5px; font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass-".moltres .ooc span"]text-transform:uppercase; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 16:15:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Fearow was still poking at his feathers, keeping an eye on the two humans as they weaved through the crowd before eventually arriving at an empty arena.

The sound of flames igniting gave Alexei a few moments’ notice as he looked up and saw balls of flame headed towards the—

“Bragi!” he called in alarm—but it was too late, the Fearow was now burned.

“Forward!” he continued as the avian then charged forward with a Drill Peck attack.

Fearow is hit by Will-O-Wisp! Fearow is now burned.

Fearow then used Drill Peck!

endeavor completed: sustain a burn!

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 19:41:32 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

With intense PSYCHIC energy manifested in the dramatic flair of the Chandelure's arms, purple light envelopes herself and the Fearow just as it comes crashing forward. The DRILL RUN hits, but at a much slower speed. The two are evidently very close in strength.[break][break]

With a grunt of effort, the Chandelure finishes attempting to toss the Fearow aside or knock it off course. She floats backward, putting distance between them while the WILL-O-WISPS continue to burn.[break][break]

"So.. what brings you out here, Alexei? This sort of thing doesn't really seem like your thing- that and.. uhh.. you look a little worse for wear."

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged | notes

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 19:56:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh, how he dreaded the explanation he’d have to give Idun later when Bragi returned missing a great part of his feathers because they’d been burned off.

The Fearow was met with a Psychic blast mid-air—while he persisted, it still hit, before he thought of Mirroring the Move that had been used against him.

What a sight to see, the Fearow suddenly throwing a blast of rainbow-colored Psychic energy at the Chandelure.

Down below, he tilted his head to one side.

“Look—out of all the current Gym Leaders I’m the one who sucks ass the most at the so-called ‘traditional battle’ formats, so this is literally a crash-course education for me,” he explained.

“You’re aware that I heavily prefer non-traditional formats, right? I want to, well, expand my horizons.”

As for his personal state at the moment?

“Shit happened in Fortree,” was all he would disclose at the moment; sure that their match was being broadcasted as well.

Fearow tanks the Psychic before turning the energy on its user un a Mirror Move maneuver, shooting an equal blast of Psychic at the Chandelure!

Fearow is burned and takes some damage.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 20:08:13 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Stormy frowns a bit, face pinched into an expression of thoughtful.. confusion. [break][break]

"I think you're imagining it as some overly complicated battle. It's called 'traditional' for a reason. You.. you just let your Pokemon battle each other. It's really not that difficult."[break][break]

She scratches the back of her head, tilting it to the side to stare at the man.[break][break]

And his lack of a solid answer was baffling. Some people were so strange.[break][break]

Above, Chandelure is caught off-guard by the same blast of PSYCHIC as a result of a MIRROR MOVE. It is jarring, causing the ghost-type to careen and catch itself in a moment of dizziness. It let its guard down and had nothing to show for it.[break][break]

She retaliates now with a CONFUSE RAY.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged | notes

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 20:23:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Like how they’re doing it right now? Or is there something more to it?”

Up in the sky the Fearow barely had time to blink before the flash of sinister light caught him like a Deerling in headlights—and then everything was basically topsy-turvy.

“Bragi!” he said as he chanced to look up—only the Fearow was now effectively confused. “Don’t do anything stupid!”

Unfortunately—the avian would do something stupid; and when it tried to use Drill Run this time, the attack ended up hurting him instead (or would it, since that other attack was Ground-type and he was Flying-type? Weird Pokémon type mumbo-jumbo).

To Stormy, he turned once more.

“I’ve seen some just throw out their companions without any commands at all and yet they get the job done—you have any idea how it works?”

Fearow walks right into the Confuse Ray! Fearow is now Confused!

Fearow used Drill Run however ended up hitting himself in confusion!

Fearow is burned and takes some damage.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 20:38:47 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Chandelure snickers, one arm curving to hover in front of her mouth. [break][break]

She barely has to move a muscle to avoid the confused flying bird-rat. All of those feathers.. it would be a shame if they all turned to smoke. Actually...[break][break]

Stormy chuckles, herself, amused by Alexei's bewilderment.[break][break]

"Well I mean.. do you talk to your Pokemon when you're out flying your non-traditional challenges? It's called trust, Alexei. Some trainers have worked hard to train their Pokemon to be like an extension of themselves. You trust your Pokemon when you're flying through storms and the like, right?"[break][break]

She gestures up to her Chandelure, who has apparently wrapped herself around the Fearow to begin OVERHEATING.[break][break]

"They are your eyes and ears when you can't see- and in a traditional battle I guess you're sort of theirs. They're looking to you to make the best decisions for them if they don't know what to do, themselves."

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged | notes

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 20:47:37 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Now that the Fearow was flying around like a drunk idiot in the sky, it would be easier to attack.

Another attempt at Mirroring the incoming Move that was about to overtake the Chandelure was met by something similar to a boomerang smacking the Fearow upside the head.

The loud squawking noise made Alexei look up and literally facepalm with his left hand.

“Bragi,” was all he could sigh as the Fearow continued to fight off the confusion and absolutely, fantastically failed at it.

He turned his attention back to Stormy.

“Without question,” he nodded. “Though when they’re not used to it yet, I still have to guide them.”

Maybe that was why he tended to prefer his Salamence a lot whenever someone showed up with the non-traditional challenge—as of late he was branching out to the others, with varying degrees of success.

Fearow is now Confused!

Fearow used Mirror Move however ended up hitting himself in confusion!

Fearow is burned and takes some more damage.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 21:17:50 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

"Exactly, you guide them. Experienced and seasoned trainers have already learned their partners inside and out- they trust each other so much they don't have to use verbal cues. But right now, I think your Fearow could use your eyes and guiding hand. He's overwhelmed."[break][break]

The Chandelure smokes, the effects of OVERHEATING leaving her a bit overworked and exhausted. Her flames taper off, burning only at 3/4 the capacity. Fortunately, what with the Fearow still running around out of its wits, another blast of PSYCHIC should take the birdbrain down another peg or two.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged | notes

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 21:31:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Bragi, snap out of it!”

And this time, his voice reaches the Fearow, who finally noticed his own feathers were on fire.

“Are you going to let Idun snicker at you when you two meet later?” he continued, referring to his mated partner—the Pidgeot.

Letting out a shrill ‘war cry’, the Fearow lashed out with a last-second attempt at Assurance, hoping to catch the Chandelure unaware.

Fearow is no longer confused!

Fearow used Assurance as a desperate last-second attack!

Fearow is burned and takes even more damage.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 21:43:07 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Stormy's attention snaps up at the same time Alexei calls out to his Pokemon. Clearly, he was listening. It brings a smile to her face.[break][break]

And as a result, her Chandelure is caught off-guard by the ASSURANCE. It claps back, hard, given the heat behind it with the Fearow's burn, and the attack that he had just endured from her. She recoils, dazed, and Stormy claps her hands.[break][break]

"See? With a little encouragement and your attention on the battle, your Pokemon are more confident and willing to put in more effort."[break][break]

Green energy builds up in Chandelure's core, and the Pokemon bursts with a series of tiny, rapidly-fired ENERGY BALLS.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged | notes

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 21:54:30 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Fearow’s shrill cry made several people look up towards the aerial battle—and in time for the Flying-type to be overwhelmed by the attack that was hammering it from so many sides the screeching became louder.

“Hang on!” he called out, encouraging the Fearow to brave the barrage and to fly closer—however the attack was non-stop and continuous.

A last-ditch Drill Run attack came lashing out from the Fearow’s direction, a desperate attempt to bring the Chandelure down.

Fearow used Drill Run wildly, trying to hit the Chandelure while taking damage from the Energy Ball barrage.

Fearow is burned and takes even more damage.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
stormy vs. alexei [hst]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 22:00:06 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Rather than fly to avoid the dozens of energy balls bursting- the Fearow chooses to DRILL RUN right through them. Chandelure gasps, the noise like wind-chimes, before desperately working to fend off her attacker by slowing it down with another PSYCHIC.[break][break]

They both appear to crash to the ground, all feathers and bent metal and the smell of smoke. But when Stormy jogs across the sand to investigate, she finds Chandelure beneath the fainted Fearow and shaking herself off of debris.[break][break]

"Hey! Well done, Chandelure!"[break][break]
And to Alexei, she waves.[break][break]

"Thank you for the battle! Another tip- these battles are recorded. You should ask for copies! The best way to get better is to see where you went wrong, and see what you could have done differently! Good luck on your next battle, Alexei!"

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged | notes

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]