Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 10:08:54 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian stepped up to plate so to speak, standing in opposition to a contender without an opponent. The tournament was still raging on, but the thinning of the ranks had already begun as many trainers lost sight of their goals. Who could blame them for giving up when regional champions the world over were demolishing the competition?

"Hey there, 'm Adrian," he offered with a two-finger salute, hiss offhand clenching a pokeball at his waist. Maybe Adrian wouldn't give him a worthwhile match, but it would dull the boredom of standing alone on a field, waiting for something that would never come. "You got a preference? Sky, water...?" Couldn't matter less to Adrian.

At this point he was just going along for the ride.
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 10:21:22 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]they should really have worked some sort of ranking or tier system into this tournament... imagine being ten and coming up against the CHAMPION OF HOENN.

but thankfully for danny, his opposition doesn't seem to be that prolific.

"hey hey i'm danny! let's do underwater."

pausing...

"there is an underwater arena, right?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 10:26:02 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian shrugged; maybe they had an aquarium arena somewhere for a more exotic depiction, but the only thing around them was sand and seafoam. "We can hike it to the shoreline," he suggested, rolling his shoulders with a shrug.

It would suit their needs well enough, though they wouldn't be able to see for sh#t.

I should've brought my snorkel.

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 10:53:58 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"oh right, yeah, that makes sense."

much more sense than walking around to find a giant tank.

danny turns, heading towards the shoreline.

"so, you battle often?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 11:00:38 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Not as much as I'd like to." But then again, maybe more than he liked. It was all circumstantial; the number of friendly battles with rivals and gym leaders? Too few. The number of occasions he was pitted against preternatural forces? Too many. Eventually their feet carried them to the beach, and Adrian released an inexperienced Sharpedo he'd received in a trade from someone who couldn't properly care for it.

After Gyarados, Sharpedo seemed easy. "You're up."
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 11:08:35 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"yeah, same, but i think i might have a little more time to after this."

danny only just realized how much fun he has battling. to be fair, he has more fun winning.

he calls out his newly evolved seismitoad.

"let's do our best! neutralize their ability, sassy."

the seismitoad nods then vomits a spew of GASTRO ACID at the sharpedo.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 6:46:21 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Eugh, yuck," Adrian wanted to gag to see the toad regurgitate that putrid slime onto his pokemon, which seemed to erode at its ROUGH SKIN, leaving it smooth. It caused the Sharpedo discomfort, but otherwise it was fit as a fiddle. "Get 'em back," he urged them to retaliate, and thus the shark lowered its head and prepared to charge.
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 10:32:19 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"set up your defenses, sassy!"

nodding, the seismitoad squirts out water that surrounds it, forming an AQUA RING as he prepares to face the sharpedo's charge.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 10:36:25 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Sharpedo jets forth, surging with unexpected thrust that brings its SKULL BASHING into Seismitoad's bubble gut, hoping to knock the wind out of it, though the shark's speed is hindered by the sand encumbering its every movement.
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 10:52:12 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]SKULL BASH knocks the wind out of seismitoad, though the attack would've been much more severe if sharpedo still has its ROUGH SKIN. thankfully, it doesn't, so seismitoad shrugs the attack off to return a DRAIN PUNCH.

"let's go, sassy!"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 10:55:03 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
The attack leaves it reeling and replenishes the Seismitoad in a single blow, riling up the instincts of this cold-blooded killer; ICE FANGS attempt to find purchase on its warty skin, filling Sharpedo's mouth with the savory taste of gore.
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:00:12 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]ICE FANGS sink into seismitoad's slimy skin, drawing blood that slowly starts to ooze out into the water, tainting it red. but the prior AQUA RING washes it away, healing what little damage it can.

it allows seismitoad to throw another DRAIN PUNCH.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:03:17 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
For a cold-blooded killer, it was awfully underequipped.

The beast SCREECHES at the relentless spam of the same brutalizing attack, flopping against the sand in apparent agony while Adrian sat by baffled. It's a friggen toad, just eat it or something, he thinks bitterly while reflecting on the battle.
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:10:21 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"drown it, sassy!"

wait, is that even possible?

could fish drown?

the thought lingers on danny's mind as he watches his seismitoad close the distance before vomiting out a heavy stream of HYDRO PUMP that looks to sink the sharpedo.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ride [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:16:06 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Stop it, he's already done. Or are you tryna help it?"

Adrian stares back blankly while wondering what their angle was, but it didn't matter after he'd lost. Maybe Sharpedo deserved to be bullied a little bit after a humiliating defeat at the hands of a walking wart. "Anyhow, thanks for the match."