saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 7:23:20 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"hello!"

final day of the tournament means a ton of people are going to be looking for last-minute battles. matias is one of them.

but for now, he approaches a stranger and points to the food stall next to them.

"do you like smoothies? they're having a buy one get one promotion."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 7:52:19 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Eh? Oh, sure! A single...or would you like a double battle?" Luka turns towards the stranger with a smile, which quickly falters after a few seconds. "Ah...w-w-wait! Sorry...you said, erm, smoothies?" In a heartbeat her cheeks go as pink as her hair, accompanied by a bubbling, nervous laughter. [break][break]"Gosh, I'm really sorry! It's just, um, everyone's usually asking for a battle, you know?" I, umm...yes! Sorry! I love smoothies!" [break][break] Nice going. [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 7:54:59 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"oh don't worry about it! it's what i'd assume too. i wouldn't mind a battle to be fair..."

nodding, matias points up to the menu board that hangs overhead. on it are various drawings of different fruits and smoothies.

"i heard the coconut smoothie's good. not sure if we have to get the same one, though."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 8:23:59 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Ehe...well maybe after a smoothie! Because now that you mention it...gosh, I'm parched!" Hoenn's summer heat sure will do that to a person. Luka purses her lips and looks at the board her companion is gesturing towards. [break][break] "Mmmm...I like strawberry, myself," she says, gesturing to a drawing of a glossy red fruit. The same color as her lipgloss. "But if they don't let us get different ones, I'm okay with the coconut!" Luka smiles and starts to dig through her purse for her wallet. "We can go splitsies for it, okay?" [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 8:27:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"strawberry sounds good too..."

but thankfully for them, the vendor allows them to get two different kinds of smoothies, and after a moment two cups are extended out towards them.

the two of them go splitsies because it's only fair. the word makes him smile.

"i'm matias."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:00:02 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Yay! She gets strawberry! Luka is pleased as punch as she accepts her smoothie, and is glad her offer of splitsies goes unargued with. [break][break] "I'm Luka!" she replies cheerfully, jamming a straw into the opening of her cup. "It's nice to meet you!" She has a sip of her smoothie- it's sweet and delicious, refreshing on such a hot day. "Mmmm...are you enjoying the tournament, Mister Matais?" [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:10:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the first sip he takes is refreshing; he relishes the feeling for as long as it lasts.

"likewise, luka! and the tournament's been enjoyable so far, apart from the heat."

and a few battles, like the one against . that was a pain.

"how about you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:25:49 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Hmmm...well, I'm learning a lot!" Like how to lose, and how to lose gracefully. Luka likes to act like she's unbothered by it, but a losing streak like hers is a little depressing, even though she hadn't really expected anything different. Her smile is bright and happy though, indicating none of that. [break][break] "There's all kinds of amaaaazing trainers here! Like...oooh, we battled this big horse! And this one guy, he used moves I'd never even thought of! It's really cool." She nods, bubblegum curls bobbing along with her head, and has another sip of her smoothie. "I was kind of worried a tournament like this would be a little more cutthroat, but everyone seems really nice!" [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:36:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"this tournament's definitely much nicer than some others i've been too."

he thinks back briefly to simpler times in kanto, before everything went to shit. it's difficult to remember at times but there's enough there.

"i remember when i first started battling i went on a huge losing streak at my first tournament. think it was nine or ten losses in a row."

turning to look at her, he asks:

"how are you doing this tournament so far?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:50:44 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Ehhh...is that so?" Luka gives Matias a sidelong glance, still sipping thoughtfully at her drink. "I could probably have given you a run for your money then," she admits with a sheepish chuckle. "T-that is, I wouldn't say I'm doing well...but it's a learning experience, right?" [break][break] Admitting it out loud causes another flush to crawl across her cheeks. Her smoothie suddenly becomes the most interesting thing in the world as she sucks on the straw. "Erm...are you still interested in a battle, then?" she asks, staring down into her pink drink. "It'll be a rather easy win, I'm afraid!" [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:54:39 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias laughs, nodding in agreement.

"you probably could."

and yes, it definitely is a learning experience. it had taken him a long time to get to where he is now but it's a journey he's thankful for.

"yeah! let's battle. i'm sure you'll do just fine."

with a smile, matias calls out his charizard.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 10:18:18 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Just fine? Against a Charizard? [break][break] Luka almost wants to laugh. But, well...she walked right into this! She pulls out a love ball and releases her Musharna- Plum has been seeing most of the action in this tournament, but it's to be expected. Imagine sending out a Togepi or Eevee or Buneary against a Charizard...it just sounds cruel! [break][break] "I'll do...t-that is, erm, we'll do our very best, at least!" [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 10:40:16 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]a small part of matias actually feels bad for what he's about to do.

but he thinks of his first tournament battle in kanto and remembers what was done to him then.

it's only fair.

the cycle must continue.

the band around his shoulder starts to glow as the charizard before them shifts, MEGA EVOLVING before summoning a DROUGHT overhead.

"you can have the first move."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 17:01:37 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Awww...and smoothie guy had been so nice, too! Luka gapes up at the mega, free hand twisting into the fabric of her skirt so it doesn't visibly tremble. If this is a lesson, she can't think now of what it's supposed to teach. They don't stand a chance...but Luka clears her throat anyways and tries to keep it from shaking too much. [break][break] "O-okay, Plum! Let's, erm..." Hypnosis is an easy out and might buy her some time. But it feels...cheap, somehow? The air around them is scorching, making it harder to think straight. Luka hurriedly sucks down more of her smoothie, but it doesn't help that much. "Let's f-focus, Plum! Use calm mind...a-and then hit them with a moonblast!" Her Musharna seems just as intimidated as her trainer, but follows suit. Her first move calms her mind and makes it easier to focus, the second unleashing a sparkling attack towards their opponent. [break][break] [break] ✓ encounter mega evolution!

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS LUKA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 17:04:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the CALM MINDED MOONBLAST causes charizard to dip in the air, bracing through the pain as it's blasted against him. roaring, charizard bats his wings to remain in the air before sending a HURRICANE their way.

it ripples across the beach, disrupting sand and peace.

[attr="class","noodles"]