2,858 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
club urban myths [m]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:46:03 GMT
mint frost Avatar

The club was effectively, bumping but there was something more sinister in the air. Mint, accompanied with a few other Rocket members dispersed throughout the club were having a go one of Team Rocket’s more subtle operations. Filtering gossip and rumors throughout the underground and letting them slowly float up to the greater subconscious of Sootopolis proper.

Many would say speaking to drunks was a bad way to go, but hey, far be it from grunts to get a little paid fun time. And who knows? Gossip spread quickly when you were buzzed right? Right. “Yeah, it’s been a little weird lately with the League. I’ve defs gotten a weird vibe.” He chimed in to a random conversation pretending he’d been there the entire time.

mission prompt: sootopolis smear

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
club urban myths [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 3:45:44 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

He only "freestyled" once in a while.

Find a place he liked, sample the menu and if it lacked he offered to pick up a shift for free and lend his culinary expertise.

Sometimes he developed a good rapport with the owners and came back to help in the kitchen for no preset amount of time, rub elbows and snack on free samples.

The truth of it was after living in Hoenn (publicly) for exactly fifty weeks now, was a known name in a lot of professional kitchens. That was why he was here in this club tonight.

Why he was working the bar? That was another story.

● tags:
● notes: mission specs

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
club urban myths [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 5:54:24 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

No one would have ever said Martín del Mar was a subtle man, because subtle was not how he liked to go about life.
[break][break]
But if he had to be, he would be, and so here he was: subtly discussing the events of the week with strangers between flirtatious comments and jokes. Talking came easily to a man like him, and it was also easily that an arm was wrapped around a pretty stranger as they approached the bar – pretty stranger who just so happened to work at a newspaper, of all things. Total coincidence. Totally not planned. They weren’t even a reporter or anything like that… but they sure knew some.
[break][break]
”Right? Don’t get me wrong, the League has done some great things, but right now they’re so busy with their silly tournament at Slateport that they wouldn’t even bother with thinking of Sootopolis’ problems. It’s a shame, really.” A defeated sigh, and just like that he went on to order drinks.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #4AADA8;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #4AADA8;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #4AADA8;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
I can get by the days just fine but the nights, 🌙
awards
2,858 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
club urban myths [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 23:05:49 GMT
mint frost Avatar

Whether it was the development of the city, or the way resources were taking forever to be handed out, there was a lot to complain about in Sootopolis. Maybe a little of it was venting, but Rocket was there to put a bit of a spin on it. It was worse than just mismanagement. Maybe it was a little malicious. Corruption wasn’t that hard to think of. It’s what most people assumed whenever something bad happened in government. He sat himself at the bar, having soured another conversation about the league as it became more of an argument. He clocked Mars but made no motion to seek him out. If only to keep from interrupting whatever scheme he was running too.

“I dunno, maybe it’s just an outsider’s perspective. But this city isn’t anything what I was told it’d be. Everyone seems so tired and run down.” He added, jumping into to another pair of drunk’s conversation. He kept quiet as the two began to discuss the appearance of the city before turning his attention to the bartender. “Is it always this gloomy, or is just something in the air? Like summer storms.” He asked as he drummed his fingers on the table. He waited a beat more as Mars moved to order his own drinks for whatever person he was targeting before waving at @senon. “Mojito please.”

tag || +

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
club urban myths [m]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 18:52:48 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Things moved so fast in nightclubs, the gatherings of people always made him weary in terms of hangout choices. Something about being on the other side of the bar made it manageable.

His shift moved fast once the kitchen closed.

Taking the occasional shot himself helped.

He'd almost been caught off guard by the questioning, so many other things on his mind; like all the upcoming Ranger Promotions. "Not too sure, I love a good summer storm so I might not have noticed the gloom" Seriously, summer storms were beautiful. On par with a rainbow on a cloudy day. "Also I'm not from this city, nor am I the bartender, kinda. I'm kind of a kitchen-ronin. A vagabond chefs knife, if you will." He gave the mint-haired guy a headnod. "-but I do know how to make a mojito."

White rum, sugar, lime juice, soda water, and mint.

Standard.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
club urban myths [m]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 12:55:54 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

A kitchen-ronin. A vagabond chef’s knife, he echoes as he reaches the bar, a smirk tugging at his lips.
[break][break]
”A poet too? Those are pretty words, but my friend here is not wrong – things do feel gloomier than usual around here.”
[break][break]
A passing comment and nothing more, barely ever bothering with acknowledging Mint’s presence simply because it would do no good to acknowledge his presence. It’s better if they seem like strangers.
[break][break]
With natural ease, the smirk shifts into a smile.
[break][break]
”Do you know how to make gin and tonics too? If so, two, please.”
[break][break]
Not a difficult request at all, and one made with reason too: drinking comes with the territory in this sort of mission, it’s necessary in order to blend in, but to someone like Mars, getting drunk on the job will always be an unacceptable thing.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#0B7B7B; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
awards
2,858 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
club urban myths [m]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 22:06:42 GMT
mint frost Avatar

“Well, the storm’s not what’s gloomy, but the people.” Mint explained as he leaned on the counter. There’s a pause as the redhead introduced himself, and Mint half regretted ordering something. “Oh good! So, you have mint then~!” the grunt said, perking up. Finally. He was tired of being told no one had any Mint. Was there a shortage or something?

He shouldn’t be too excited. This was an assignment after all. He’d just be nursing it for the rest of the night to blend in. With that, he waited eagerly for the cocktail. It was easier to drink than plain shots of liquor at least. “Not from here? Are things that bad, they’re pulling you from far away?” Mint asked taking another innocent jab at the League.

tag || +

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
club urban myths [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 1:51:39 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

The Gin & Tonics were quickly assembled and dispersed, it only took him a couple of minutes to look up the recipe and give it his best attempt.

The first one was a little too dry, so he made it on the house.

"I sort of get around everywhere, I like to know all the best food spots in the region. The owners seem to do alright here, if there really is a problem for this city, you can count on people to party and vice their woes away if they can." Cleaning and putting away the glasses he pondered the ideas they put forward about the general state of the city. "-better that than a riot."
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
awards
2,858 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
club urban myths [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 3:25:37 GMT
mint frost Avatar

He nodded along, sipping his drink. The bartender had money if he could afford to wander around the region. Then again, maybe this was some mixologist prodigy he was completely unaware of because he dind’t drink or go clubbing that often. Regardless, maybe he could spread disappointment through him. After all, bartenders tended to talk to all kinds of characters as part of their job, right?

“I guess you’re right~ Business is always booming for a place like this.” He said with a small laugh before frowning a little. “Yes…better…but I dunno…” he trailed off looking a little worried as he stared down at his glass. “I’ve heard rumors that people might start rioting. Or- Well- protesting…but if the League doesn’t respond that it might turn into rioting.” He said with a small shrug. He hadn’t but…unrest was unrest. Even the perception of unrest might sway opinions one way or another.

tag ||

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
club urban myths [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 20:50:41 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Rioting.
[break][break]
The mere mention of the word can be incendiary under the right conditions, and Mars considers it for a moment as the gin & tonics are served. With the slightest of smirks, he makes the decision to stay at the bar to have his drink – turning towards his mark and signaling them to come over.
[break][break]
”Yeah, guess so, if only everyone liked to party away their problems, huh?” There’s a chuckle, and a sip is taken from his glass, only then adding the following as if no more than a passing comment:
[break][break]
”Too bad some like to start trouble when they’re pissed, and it sounds like people are pretty pissed at the League lately...”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,801 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
club urban myths [m]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 4:45:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
[break]
(exception has been made with omitted bonus)

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS