1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Pokkeng-achu! I Sta-choose you!
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 16:01:40 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac couldn't picture Bulu doing training. Hell, he had a hard enough time picturing the bull just walking around. Tapu Bulu seemed to have two modes: Attack and asleep.

But mental training? There was a vast, mental disconnect between Zac and his legendary partner. Tapu Bulu had restless, roiling dreams -Nightmares?- that made establishing a proper connection nigh impossible. It was like trying to tune your TV to static. Zac, meanwhile, had a mind that was restless in a different way. He buzzed with electricity. Racing after ideas like they were spring Bunnelbys. It was worse now that he was buzzing with caffeine. 

"Training your mind, ay? And what does that entail? Like meditation? Because I can see Bulu maybe doing some of that," Zac said, as he heaved aside a chunk of stone. The sand was starting to thin, and they were hitting stone more often as chunks of ruin were being unearthed. "Meditation is like, uh, controlled sleep, basically, right? Calming a raging mind."

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 21:02:15 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING

[attr="class","pokkenger"]
the sand was finally able to be dug away leaving solid stone material beneath them to which the buzzwole and ushirfu started to tear away with their bear hands and mighty strength. probably not the best way to be careful around ancient ruins left by their lonesome and exposed to all the elements of the world but it would probably be fine. no one's ever died because of the evils lurking inside of a ruin right?

"kinda more than just controlled sleep. its like calming down your mind in a sort of way. you empty your head with any useless thoughts to let the ones you want to focus on bloom like a budew. kinda perfect for someone who thinks about nothing but sleep all day." it was probably not the best way he could have explained it but it was one he figured might sound appealing to zac and tapu bulu, they seemed to have a lot on their mind so emptying their heads should do the trick if they wanted those minds to work good as new. "man how much farther you think we gotta go? kinda hoping we find an ancient city at this point."

[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 12:20:16 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Controlled sleep," Zac said, spitting a little to get the said out of his mouth. "Mate that sounds like exactly what I need. Tell you what, once we're done here let's head back to one of your secret bases and we can give it a shot!" As Zac said that, Domon heaved away a particularly large chunk of rock and the redhead was sucked into a growing hole in the sand.

"Whooooa!" he shouted, as the sand pulled him down. He slid straight into the void, disappearing into sandy darkness. He tumbled, landed on a hill of dusty sand, and rolled down to land on hard, reliable stone. "Not a bad fall," Zac conceded, rubbing his arms as he sat up. Desert light streamed down from above, illuminating him like a spotlight, and a pair of Minior soared down, they blue brilliance bursting in the shadows. 

Around Zac lay the weathered remains of an ancient temple. Familiar, alphabetical runes rose from the surfaces, their black and white paint faded with age or hidden with ancient dust. "Well no prizes for guessing what Pokemon that is."

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 13:33:43 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING

"hey zac!" as the ginger fell into the sands kazimir was quick to jump in after him much to the confusion of his own pokemon as they watched their trainer roll down the same downward slope that zac did before coming to a stop on his own. as he dusted himself off he noticed the same wall carvings around them as well as the ruins surrounding them. "wow...seriously hoenn is home to a lot of secrets." he thought out loud as his eyes darted across everything before settling onto the wall carvings. something about them suddenly struck a familiar chord with him, like recently familiar.

"ain't those...?" kazimir approached the wall and ran a hand over the carvings, feeling each groove as well as the dusty paint that fell off as his fingers ran across it, wincing at the destruction of history he had just committed. "oops. hey don't these kinda look like those things that came outta here? they kinda look like...letters. like eerily similar." he raised an eyebrow when he noticed a pair that looked like...a question mark and an exclamation point. whatever language this was supposed to be they were way, way, ahead of the times.

"damn some of this is too faded for me to really read but i think...maybe i can make some of it out. uh... 'in honor of...' or maybe... 'to honor the..' no don't think that's it." a low whine escaped his throat as he tried to dust of some of the carvings to make the message more clearer but instead it just seem like it was just fading more and more into the wall. "wonder what they were doing down here. can't make heads or tails, you wanna try being the resident decoder zac?"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 16:20:30 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Yeah I'll give it a shot," Zac said, dusting himself off as he walked over to the wall. His brow furrowed as he started to read, the letters slowly forming words and sentences. 

"The honor of our people fades, eaten by the sand," Zac said, the words coming faster as he got used to the strange symbols. "When the titans have woken thrice, and the sky warns of its falling, false gods of water will rise to drown the lamp," he squinted, trying to figure out the letters, "lane? lamb? Oh land! Drown the land. Anyway, where was I," he reread the last few words again, taking a second to get back into the rhythm of the oversized symbols. 

"Under their rule, we will rise, and strike them down with the words they use to bind us. When the last chosen falls, we will regain our honor, and the favor of this land." Zac made a high sound of interest, and turned to Kaz. "What do you reckon all that means?"

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 5:20:14 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING

"i think its talking about some kind of pokemon. i wanna say...kyogre maybe? but it mentions false gods, well what other legendary pokemon is there that controls water?" it was a strange message indeed and he couldn't quite make heads or tales about it. "aand last chosen...maybe it means avatars? i mean...it isn't crazy to think there were a few back in the day right? pokemon like bulu must have picked someone back when it was younger at least once before you right? but i don't think he or the others kinda fit in this legend here."

he recited it in his head with his brain and skull turning over and over trying to think of what it could refer to or even mean. then he remembered the serpent they fought over the lighthouse. "maybe...rayquaza...was kind of a warning? or maybe not, this thing is pretty old. maybe this whole drowning the land happened way in the past and no one could just remember it. still this could be something historians would go nuts over. people love a good doomsday story."

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 9:59:09 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"There were definitely avatars back in the day," Zac confirmed. "I've seen other ruins depicting them. Hell, I met one! He helped us fight back Groudon!" 

Minior zipped around the cave, taking extensive footage of the runes. Kazimir was right. People would go nuts over this sort of thing. "I think you're spot on mate. Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. They're all linked to the weather and the environment. Besides, we're in bloody Hoenn aren't we? It would be weird to see some foreign prophecy crop up here." 

He kept looking around, and located a sloping portion of floor that lead into a buried doorway. "A way further in!" Zac exclaimed, digging away at the sand. "Mate, it looks like that doomsday prophecy was just the tip of the iceberg."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 4:43:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: