clownfish [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 17:48:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Sol isn’t usually an impulsive person.
[break][break]
But, sometimes she is.
[break][break]
Sometimes she’ll do things in the spur of the moment, without any particular reason for it, and she won’t even question why she chooses to do these things.
[break][break]
Today is one of those days, since it’s not like she had made any plans to visit the Oceanic Museum when leaving for Slateport in the morning...
[break][break]
It’s just that it's near the park, so it’s convenient. A good distraction maybe. Something that will be relaxing and nice, because relaxing is exactly what she needs right now.
[break][break]
So, she pays for her ticket and walks to the nearest exhibit, since of course she would never expect anything like, say… that ’s Luxray may have followed her after they ran into each other at the park.
[break][break]
For now, she can enjoy her visit to the oceanic museum without anyone to bother her.
[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 19:43:41 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uriah must have turned around and walked the other way at least a good four times, hoping that his luxray would finally give up and follow him home. but he concedes every single time, and perhaps luxray knows as much.

"...please, kachow."

he even said please but it's no use. luxray continues walking ahead, following after a particular person into the oceanic museum. he even manages to slip past the staff without being noticed and heads straight to the nearest exhibit, where he finds who he's looking for.

luxray nudges into sol's leg, then sits beside her.

meanwhile, uriah's stuck at the counter, perhaps too cheap to pay for a ticket without putting up a bit of a fight first.

"fine! fine. i'll pay. how much's a ticket?"

too expensive for his liking.

"you're kidding. whatever — here."

and with that, he slips into the oceanic museum as well.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 6:32:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

For a museum, there are a surprising amount of aquarium exhibits, although perhaps that’s to be expected. Anyway...
[break][break]
It is while she’s watching a few Finneon swim that she feels something touching her leg, Sol immediately tensing up in response before looking down to see the very familiar sight of the large Luxray.
[break][break]
Familiar because she had just seen him less than thirty minutes ago, of course.
[break][break]
”Kachow…” Careful to smooth down her dress, she crouches down next to the pokémon in order to be at eye level with him, her hands reaching to gently scratch behind his fluffy ears. ”Did you follow me here?”
[break][break]
Does that mean that Uriah is here?
[break][break]
With a sigh, she looks around for the Luxray’s trainer, thinking she probably should have seen this coming.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 10:35:25 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]luxray gives no response to her question, instead shifting closer and tilting his head just enough so that her scratches hit the right spot behind his ears. he purrs, plopping down onto the ground only to lay on her feet.

uriah turns the corner only to immediately tense up at the sight. he falters in his step, but does his best to play it off, only slightly awkward as he approaches.

"come on, kachow, let's go."

unsurprisingly, the electric-type doesn't move.

with a sigh, uriah looks to sol.

"you got any more treats?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 16:33:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

A hand digs into the pokémon’s soft mane, petting him while she waits for the moment his owner inevitably shows up.
[break][break]
It doesn’t take long, and she doesn’t miss the awkwardness with which he approaches, a slight smirk tugging at her lips because even though she doesn’t want it to be, it’s kind of really funny...
[break][break]
”Uriah.” She greets, looking up at him for perhaps the first time while still remaining by the Luxray’s side. Admittedly, it does make her feel kind of guilty though, if only because she should have been more cautious and maybe, just maybe, she may have been a little hard on Uriah.
[break][break]
He tries to call the pokémon to his side, but Kachow doesn’t seem to even bother to acknowledge that he exists.
[break][break]
Sol sighs, but then she chuckles oh so lightly at this.
[break][break]
What now?
[break][break]
Continuing to pet Kachow, she looks at Uriah.
[break][break]
”...Wanna hangout for a bit? I don’t want my ticket to go to waste, but if he keeps following me I don’t mind taking him back to your place with you.”
[break][break]
Who would have thought the Luxray would actually make a good wingman, huh? Then again, not like there is much of a choice if he’ll just keep following her and Uriah doesn’t have his pokéball...

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 19:05:02 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]the smirk, no matter how subtle, is noticed, and he tenses as a result, feeling even more awkward as he approaches; so much so that he doesn't even think to return the greeting.

the sight of her petting kachow does ease tensions, however, as he smiles down at them only to be caught off guard by her question a few seconds later.

"uh...sure. that sounds nice."

nice? pull it together, uriah.

he clears his throat, looking away to notice an information booth. he reaches for one of the pamphlets the museum offers for their visitors, turning to the back of it to look at the map.

turning, he points ahead, completely unaware of the arrows on the ground to help guide visitors.

"right. i think it's that way."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 2:07:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

‘Uh...sure. That sounds nice.’
[break][break]
Is it nice? Sol wonders about that.
[break][break]
She doesn’t really mind his company, so maybe it is, and it is kind of sweet that his Luxray followed her here, even if she does feel guilty about it.
[break][break]
She stands, not without first petting Kachow one more time, and an eyebrow is raised when he grabs a pamphlet and points. ”Uriah…”
[break][break]
Not really good at looking at his surroundings, not really good at reading maps…
[break][break]
Soldier material.
[break][break]
There is a quiet laugh that quickly fades away, Sol allowing herself to pull at his sleeve in order to guide him in a different direction. The direction the arrows pointed towards. ”This way. Come on, Kachow.”
[break][break]
She immediately lets go though, her attention easily returning to the exhibits.
[break][break]
”Did you have to pay for a ticket because Kachow followed me here, by the way? Sorry about that.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 6:09:24 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]too distracted by trying to understand the map, he doesn't even hear her call his name. but he feels the tug on his sleeve, and there's little resistance in how he follows after her.

"yep. exactly where i was pointing."

definitely not. he folds the pamphlet in half before sliding it into his back pocket for later.

"oh don't worry about it. it was about time i started seeing some of the sights."

he decides to exclude the detail of how he tried to worm his way in without paying, perhaps aware of how that'd make him look.

"sorry he followed you. not too sure what's gotten into him."

kachow's still by her side, walking as though she's his trainer.

uriah glances around at the exhibit, taking them as best he can while distracted. it doesn't take long for his gaze to return to her.

"i didn't know you liked museums."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 9:28:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”...Does a museum count as a sight?”
[break][break]
It’s not mocking but a legitimate question, although it could probably be easily taken as either.
[break][break]
Her gaze calmly wanders over their surroundings, picking up bits and pieces of information about the ocean from the careful explanations given at the exhibit. Then, at the mention of the Luxray, she looks down at the pokémon that continues to walk by her side as if he has been heel trained since the day he came out of his egg. It’s kind of adorable, and with this thought she reaches down to scratch Kachow’s head.
[break][break]
”Don’t worry about it… Has he always been like this with strangers?”
[break][break]
Adorable as it may be, it’s not the kind of thing Sol herself would ever allow from her own pokémon, but maybe Uriah just isn’t a particularly good trainer…
[break][break]
”I wouldn’t say I like them all that much… It’s just a nice distraction. I’ve had a long day.”
[break][break]
Why is she telling him all this?
[break][break]
Oh, well… Not like it matters anyway.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 11:09:55 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"it's one of hoenn's must-visit attractions. or at least that's what it says on the pamphlet."

uriah may be a hoenn citizen on paper but he might as well have been a tourist. he's only ever visited a few times growing up, and he barely remembers the trips. even now, he's too busy to sightsee, but he is slowly acquainting to the region and its culture, though it helps that it's not vastly different from sinnoh.

at her question, he looks down at the electric-type.

"no. just with you."

it's not a lie; briefly, he wonders why kachow's only like this with her.

and then he's caught in another loop of wondering why she's telling him this. he looks back at her, deciding then to pry a little.

"that sucks. that have anything to do with the plans you no longer have?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 18:09:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Okay, but do you think it is? Forget the pamphlet.”
[break][break]
When Sol had first returned to Hoenn, she sure as hell had visited no museums when sightseeing. Then again, it’s not like she had actually done much sightseeing back then to begin with, since she had been all too preoccupied with… well, having just returned from a warzone, having lost her brother, and the strain of now being part of a broken family. Not exactly the most fun of times.
[break][break]
”Oh.”
[break][break]
Brushing all those thoughts away, she looks down at the Luxray as well, inevitably wondering why Kachow seems to like her so much. Cats have never been too fond of her, just like she’s not fond of them, but things are a little different in this case…
[break][break]
Why?
[break][break]
And why is she telling him all this, anyway?
[break][break]
Honestly, because Sol may not care much if he knows or doesn’t, and she may have just slipped. She has always been distrustful of people and has had a hard time letting them in, but that doesn’t mean she’s particularly secretive…
[break][break]
”Does it? I guess… I usually only come to Slateport to visit my dad.”
[break][break]
She shrugs, and for now, she’ll leave it at that.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 18:53:35 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"probably not. i'm sure there are better sights out there."

museums just aren't his thing; they never have been, not even the cool science one in sinnoh he went to when he was a kid. he remembers how excited his siblings were and just how...disinterested he felt looking at the various exhibits. to be fair, he understood very little. what even is a mitochondria?

at her response, he nods, perhaps understanding the desire not to talk about any issues they may have with their family, and leaves it at that.

but for whatever reason, he feels obligated to share as well.

"the only reason i'm in the military is because of my dad. he enlisted me; thought it'd set me straight, or whatever."

he could leave at any given moment, but what he doesn't share is why he's still choosing to stay.

shrugging, he offers sol a genuine smile.

"it isn't as bad as i thought it'd be."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 3:00:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

This time, when he mentions his dad, she looks at him, perhaps because in a strange way she can understand what he means. Things are different in her case, but also similar, and if there is anyone who can relate to not being good enough in their father’s eyes, that’s Sol. She’s not her brother, and she’ll never be her brother, so she’s not good enough.
[break][break]
”...I guess you probably were upset about it, huh? I don’t think people should join the military against their will.”
[break][break]
She doesn’t expect the smile.
[break][break]
Has she seen Uriah smile like that before? Maybe when they won the race, but this is different…
[break][break]
In response, Sol gives a smile of her own, but unlike his, hers is faint, small, and gentle.
[break][break]
”I’m glad you don’t hate it.”
[break][break]
She means it too, because things like those have always been important to Sol.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 8:29:11 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uriah nods, appreciating her smile a little too much.

"yeah i mean it can be tough at times, but i know you're just looking out for the squad."

which requires her to be tough and perhaps a little unforgiving at times, but such is the job, and he holds no ill feelings because of it; quite the opposite, strangely enough.

"you're a great captain."

and after another smile, his gaze fleets to whatever exhibit's next to them. he's not really paying that much attention to anything else.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clownfish [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 9:34:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

‘I know you're just looking out for the squad.’
[break][break]
Does he?
[break][break]
Honestly, even though Sol doesn’t want it to be, even if she knows it shouldn’t be, it’s reassuring to hear Uriah say this, and she appreciates it.
[break][break]
Everyone always thinks she has it all together, she’s good at keeping her emotions in check and being objective about everything. She gets the job done, she follows protocol to a T, and takes her job extremely seriously. But, even someone like Sol can have doubts about being fit to give commands and having others rely on her – about being responsible for the lives of so many. It’s not an easy thing, but of course she would never complain about this…
[break][break]
”Thanks… You think so though? I’m just trying to do what I’m supposed to do.” With a shrug, her gaze too wanders to the exhibit, allowing herself to be distracted by it.
[break][break]
”What would you be doing if your dad hadn’t made you enlist?”

[BREAK][BREAK]