awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
a lost queendom besieged [s]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 5:10:51 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
The scent of saltiness lingers on her philtrum as the lady descends the platform into the quay. Lilycoveans will take another glance at her, the unfamiliar luscious ivory mane hides away what's probably her only recognizable feature. And as her porcelain skin radiates with the glimmer from the light house, the people of the port has never been so sure who the strange character truly is.

The Lilycove Gym and all the facilities that have been standing on the coastline may have been somewhat abandoned. But its queen is back to take her throne.

“Lares, tell I'm already at the port.”

SOCIAL: A LOST QUEENDOM BESIEGED
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 22:39:37 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

How long—had it been since he’d last tried contacting a certain pinkette?

Of course he had no idea that the pinkette was no longer a pinkette but a white… okay how the hell would one call someone with white hair something not offensive?!

Alexei stared blankly at the message trail he’d been keeping himself busy with, despite the fact that a certain had seemingly disappeared from the region not too long after the press conference that had literally roasted her in front of national television.

I would never live down being humiliated on such a scale like that! he thought idly as he leaned on the cane, no longer tied down to the stupid crutch he’d been hobbling around with for the past several weeks now.

Where is she?! He thought as he looked at the—was it abandoned? He wasn’t sure.

He was near where the former offices of Vantage were located, not knowing how to approach now.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 19:43:37 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Selena is the first to recognize the man than him the other way around. Of course, her new white hair is to be blamed for his uncertainty. She just have to tell him that perhaps it is really how the Desmarais naturally care for their hair.

As pairs of eyes continue to follow the woman who they begin to recognize as "probably the old Gym leader" of the town, the lady struts down the brick road leading towards where Lares said Alexei should be waiting. Circe follows beside her as she illuminates the path towards what almost seems like an abandoned compound, except for a few buildings that still house the remaining employees of Vantage.

“Fancy meeting you here, Ivanov.”

The cane looks difficult and she can only assume it is the more manageable option in this circumstance. And perhaps a wheelchair is not an option for a guy who takes pride with his ability to fly.

“I know. The white hair comes a little bit surprising. It's something you'd get used to.”

It's not. The world has known her with her iconic pink hair and it is very surprising for her to don a totally different look.

“But what happened to you?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 20:01:31 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was about to take his phone out and contact the number again when—

A familiar voice jarred him from out of his reverie. Familiar voice, yes, but…

Turning around with care (as his left leg had to take his weight) he then realized just who had addressed him.

“Sel, you—bitch what happened to your hair?! he exclaimed in a loud stage whisper, looking around just in case they were sprung upon. “I thought pink was your thing?”

Eyebrows still raised, he wondered what had happened to the not-pinkette in those past few months since she’d just… sort of faded from the limelight.

“Oh, this?” he continued, waving his right hand, noticeably bandaged up as well in a dismissive gesture. “Some shit. Near the end of May. Got into the ‘wrong place, wrong time’ scenario. But what about you, where the hell have you been?”

Hesitating on what he wanted to add next, he decided to wait until she spoke again.

“Also, why the extremely hokey meeting location?” he added a few moments afterward.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 20:13:50 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“It was. Then I decided it's not.”

There's a little giggling as she curls her fingers by the shimmering paleness of her ivory hair. Selena takes the spot next to him, reaches to her coat pocket, and brings out bottles of vodka and whiskey.

“Besides, my hair has always been white since my childhood. People liked it until I colored them pink. I guess it's all about... perspective.”

There are chills when she mouths the last word; every syllable slipping with strange nonchalance.

“You didn't receive the memo? I went back to Kalos, silly!”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 20:20:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The sight of vodka made his eyebrows go up. Holy shit, okay, he was down for this!

“I suppose the whiskey’s yours,” he began with a smirk, waiting for her approval to snatch the vodka bottle and crack it open. Because honestly, in a place like this, who needed shot glasses when they could drink straight from the bottle instead?!

“No, you just like, abruptly up and left. So much shit’s happened. I mean, you do know what happened to Sootopolis, right,” he continued, his own tone going lower and looking around as well just in case someone decided to shank them in this really hokey location.

“What did you do back home, anyway? You missed a lot of shit,” he followed up afterward.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 20:30:24 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“I heard things.”

The lady gestures for him to take his bottle as she gulps a good ounce of the Kalosian whiskey.

“I guess the commissioner's plans to weaponize the avatar didn't really succeed, am I right?”

The liquor is good but Selena tastes smug and bitterness. Being her trusted few in this region, the lady has no hesitation in saying what really transpired in Kalos when she moved out of Hoenn after the press conference. The only problem is that, even for a journalist like her, she has lost her words.

Literally.

“The big journalists journaling other journalists' exploits summoned me. They asked about Littleroot.”

Basically, too much words just to say that she's screwed.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 20:43:55 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“About that…” he remarked as he cracked the vodka bottle’s seal open with his left hand and deftly opened it in one motion.

“…you see, a lot of strange things had happened. I heard from a certain friend of mine who was there when the city fell that—guess what, the Pokkenger and Balder are somehow involved in the Initiative.”

Thank the circles of hell he was mortal, but only just enough.

Knocking back a drink from the bottle, he let the liquid burn down his throat before looking at her once again.

“And apparently, that ‘Silver Spire’ was kind of destroyed. It helps to have ears in other places.”

At the mention of what she had to attend to, he cringed.

“Oh, fuck,” he groaned. “And what did you tell them about it?”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 20:56:12 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“Well, now they knew about a certain drag queen who's an accomplice to the crime.”

She takes it back before he can even react.

“Kidding! But at least now you figured out why a change of style is necessary. Pinkette Selena brings trouble. Blonde Selena—or whatever it is called—is all about lying low for a little while.”

And it's not like she does have a choice. The Journaliste International advises her to stay away from political cases for a while, which is almost like telling her that her big break about Team Rocket reportage will not get her anywhere with this lingering controversy. The only good thing is that Selena doesn't know when to actually stop.

“You know, if I'm being honest, A.Q.U.A Initiative isn't that bad. My only problem is with the people managing it.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 21:03:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei almost shrieked at the initial pronouncement.

“What did I tell you about—” he began, just about ready to lose his shit and panic when she retracted the statement a few moments later.

“Geez, woman, you almost gave me a heart attack. Nearly fucking killed me, he remarked, placing his right hand over his chest for a few moments. Shit, that really caught him off-guard.

At the mention of said initiative, his eyebrows rose.

“Oh, really?” he continued, curious. “What’s got your beef against the people in charge of it? I heard from that friend that it’s gotten him nothing but a lot of trouble especially after the recently-concluded summer tournament,” he added with a bit of a snort.

“So. Much. Fucking merchandise everywhere. It’s a nightmare for those who are a part of it that value their privacy,” he went on with an immoderate chuckle, taking another drink from the vodka bottle to calm himself down.

“Oh, and— actually, like fucking legit, resigned from the Elite Four.”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 21:27:59 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Selena hasn't had a good laugh in recent weeks, and seeing Alexei's flustered face is indeed a gold nugget.

“Are you asking me that question now? I know it's the League meeting pre-Megalopolans that you've slept on and not the press con.”

She can only laugh at the ridiculous question she deems a no-brainer to answer. But she understands how Alexei is not really big about all the political jazz involved with his title. A gym leader is not even actually a very political position.

“Anyway, I'm not even in the League anymore to make informed opinions. And I can't even write about them anymore.”

The part where resigned, however, is not as surprising as Alexei thought it was.

“You know I'm a journalist and this isn't exactly news to begin with.” She teases him. “I actually kind of understand where he's coming from. And part of it's the answer to the question you asked earlier.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 21:37:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“What’re you going to do now? The entire gym circuit is full—people coming and going, honestly, I think at this rate I’m the longest-serving leader who hasn’t stepped down yet.”

He’d seen so many people come and go, it hurt to keep track of all of them. Look, like he really wanted to get to know his fellow coworkers, however some of them were nigh-unreachable, while others were too busy with their own lives.

And then, there he was.

The idiot from Fortree who started an avian sanctuary first before ascending into the current position.

At the mention of the ‘blanket ban’ on certain topics, he cringed a bit. Knocking back another drink from the vodka bottle, he sighed.

“What else have you been explicitly banned from writing? Asides from them, and them? What’re you going to do about Vantage now?”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 21:54:59 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“I'm a newswriter first before I became a gym leader. And I guess before I became a journalist... I am a Desmarais.”

The last sentence hits her like a herd of bulldozing tauros in a way she has never expected before.

“Which, I guess, means I can figure something out for the time being.”

And without bothering to explain the technicalities of what is technically allowed to write and what is not, it is not like the organization can actually keep her or anyone from writing. Even a person who did not graduate from a university and earned themselves a journalism degree can write about their thoughts and opinions. She can still do and write about other things.

“That's the thing. I actually haven't heard from yet.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 22:01:10 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Speaking of , I’ve been in contact with him lately. You want me to summon him here? Or we can meet up with him elsewhere?”

He wondered if she was aware that Billi was his drag son, after all.

“Well, how’s that freedom of the press if you’ve been banned from certain topics? That sucks, man.”

He wondered idly how he would ever be if he was in the same situation as she was—unable to fully blossom in a field that he had literally poured his heart and soul into just because some other people decided that getting involved was too limiting and wanted to keep their image clean.

“Honestly, I’m relieved that my attack didn’t get publicized. It would be too messy to deal with, since…”

He trailed off, taking another drink from the bottle he held. Would he tell her about that?

The one thing that was his own downfall? The ticking time bomb in his veins…

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 22:13:22 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“No, it's fine. It's another problem for another day.”

Besides, calling Billi here would ruin her planned comeback she had been thinking for weeks.

“Let's just say they didn't really ;ban' me from writing but they put me in a position where writing anything won't actually do me anything.” Another gulp, downing the entire bottle of whiskey to her throat. “So it's better to wait.”

And indeed, Alexei's life is probably quieter than Selena's for the past months.

“It's because I didn't drag you down, silly.” She plays with his hair before she drops the empty whiskey on the brick pavement. “That's why you probably owe me a lunch or something.”