5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
a lost queendom besieged [s]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 22:30:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Thanks. No, really, thank you.”

It really did help having people in higher places that had eyes and ears to listen and pick up on gossip, after all.

“They did what to you? Man, that sucks even more,” he said with a snort as he took another drink from the bottle he had. It was almost empty at that point.

About that lunch—

“Bitch make it dinner and I’m down,” he said with a peal of laughter. “I might even invite you over to my place and we can talk there more privately. No homo and all that,” he added afterward.

But then, he was brought back to what he wanted to say.

“There’s a reason why I’m thankful my attack didn’t get out. I don’t want the public to perceive me as weak, because…”

Waving his right hand around again, he sighed.

“I can’t get injured too severely.”

He would leave it at that.

Surely someone of her intelligence level and caliber would be able to piece together what he meant by those words.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 5:04:29 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
The truth is, mentioning about Alexei's involvement doesn't acquit her off whatever charges they want to incriminate her for. And lucky for him, Selena is not the one to drop her friends off when things get ugly. That sounds like a pretty expensive lunch—or dinner—whatever floats his boat.

“Dinner looks nice when you're finally back in your home. I'm down.” Selena returns a smirk of contentment and comfort. “And girl, please, you're literally gay and I'm literally a bisexual. No homo—yeah, sure.”

But Alexei is not all about jokes tonight. There is obviously something he wants to share, specifically about how he sustained those injuries he's worn like a war trophy or avant-garde fashion.

“You mean like you're a royalty?”

There is an inkling of what he's saying that she actually understands but there is too much that needs to be confirmed only by Alexei himself.

SOCIAL: A LOST QUEENDOM BESIEGED
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 23:33:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He always thought Selena was straight, so for him to hear that she was actually bi—

“Wait you’ve had girlfriends before?” he blinked, totally curious. “You don’t seem to have that aura. At least, not that I noticed from you.”

He was being honest when he said that, to be fair.

The remark about royalty made him raise his eyebrows, though.

“Wait, what? Sel, I’m certain my… family is just pretty normal. Kind of rich though, back in Mistralton. But I am sure we’re not any kind of royalty unlike the Galarians—princes, earls and dukes everywhere… we’re just… normal.”

As normal as possible, he was sure.

Unless she meant something else.

Taking the last drink from his vodka bottle, he then sighed.

“There’s something wrong with my blood.”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 14:03:38 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“That whole aura spiel actually sounds... offensive.” With brows raised, Selena understands Alexei is not like her trained to curate the words that come out of her mouth. However, she feels that there is a need to point it out, albeit with a chuckle.

“What's the problem with your blood?”

The whole royalty thing is supposed to be a joke: royalties do not get injured because that's the whole point of pawns and knights and other royal house staff. She thinks it has something to do with what the people call the royal disease—but it's not like everyone could easily get something of that rarity. But when Alexei starts saying something about blood...

Then maybe it is what it really is after all.

“Wait, is that why you're limp?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 17:04:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Bitch, I meant that as a compliment,” he said with an attempt at a left-handed noogie. “You’re the one who has the more regal air between the both of us.”

At her words, he hesitated for a few moments. But he figured—someone had to know.

“It is what I said—there’s something wrong with my blood. Like, I’m pretty sure my sisters don’t have it, unfortunately I got it—I think from my mom,” he sighed.

“It’s why—I have this, now. And my right hand’s still sort of out of commission.”

Tilting his chin up slightly, a ring of bandages wrapped around his neck would be eventually revealed to the not-pinkette.

“I almost bled to death from just two stab wounds and this,” he continued quietly.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 21:12:28 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Non, I'm proud I'm playing for both teams so I don't actually feel complimented at all.” There is a brief eyerolling before she adds. “But that regal air you're saying: now that's a compliment!”

Selena gets up her feet and nudges her companion to follow. Despite being abandoned, there are still a few facilities open for her to stay. Most of the buildings are ordered to shut down considering the fact that their operational budget has already been depleted. She supposes the long walk around this empty playground can suffice the time Alexei needs to tell his story.

“What did the doctors say? So is it that disease?”

Two stab wounds can be deadly, all right, but this is no time for Selena to contest or argue. All information points towards the obvious fact that indeed Alexei may have that disease.

“That royal disease?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 4:41:57 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thankfully, he followed her.

That didn’t take too much effort to pull off, after all.

“They thought I was… anemic, at first,” he continued, still holding the empty vodka bottle in his left hand. Unlike Selena, he wanted to dispose of the bottle properly.

“Things kind of went south when I was rowdy. Bumps, bruises? A tiny little paper cut? Oh all of that spelled trouble.”

And then, another sigh.

“They treated me like I was a fucking porcelain doll, ready to shatter if left unattended.”

And he was so sick of it.

“If that’s what you know it by, then I guess… that’s it. I’m anemic and this, plus the doctors back then said I have some manifestation of albinism too. Like, really?”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 7:54:11 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Merde, that's something serious, Alex.”

Circe and Lares follow suit, the rotom eventually leading the way towards the facade of the old Lilycove Gym.

“I don't really follow health beats but from what I know there are treatments you can get to control that.” When she realizes he must have been doing those things already, she proposes another idea. “Or I don't know. This is Hoenn, Alexei. Hoenn attracts all sorts of strange phenomena. Maybe a Legendary pokemon can heal you, you know.”

Upon reaching the foyer, lights blaze up around their spot and slowly crawl around the courtyard, illuminating what appears to be the old arena then into the building's exterior, illustrating the postmodern Kalosian image of the fortress she once called home.

“BZZT! BZZT! EVERYTHING IZZZ ZZZET UP THE WAY YOU TOLD UZZZ, MADAMOIZZZELLE.”

The Kalosian looks back at Alexei, her lips tilting on one side as it forms a lopsided grin.

“And whatever it is that you do about it, you know I will always support you. But of course, only if you do the same for me.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 8:05:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Of course I’m taking treatments, but you have to understand, Sel—this is lifetime management. Should I miss one, I’m pretty much fucked.”

It was also the reason why he had to fudge his medical records just a—well there was no fudging it especially when he’d paid off a considerable sum to keep the doctors quiet and not tell anyone else in the League about it.

“I don’t want to be perceived as weak, you know.”

Once they’d entered their destination, he cracked a smirk before leaning on the cane once again.

“Look, the only ‘Legendary’ phenomena I’m pursuing is tied to those feathers I have with me. I doubt that the djinni are healers, knowing of their troublesome fables,” he added with another chuckle.

And then, there it was.

“Look, you know how much of a bitch it is to win trust—I’m pretty sure you know that. Thing is, see, once someone has my trust—” he trailed off, turning around to face her once more.

“You can expect me to cover your ass—as long as it’s within reason.”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 20:21:40 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
After hearing what Alexei has to say, Selena responds with a smile. The corridors of the old gym is not as lengthy as it seems but Selena revels with every step she takes. There is appreciation with every stride, having arrived at her Vantage for the first time in four months.

“But there should be legendary pokemons who are capable of healing. Reason doesn't matter anymore when we're talking about these creatures: they are sentient beings that transcends reasons, after all. What you need is faith. Trust me, I was an avatar, remember?”

The pair together with Selena's pokemons ascend to the second floor and arrive in-front of Selena's office. Alexei will probably recognize the room where Selena celebrated her birthday with him. The place should be filled with dust and needs a little prepping, but surprisingly everything is in order and is neat.

“You're the first in line to witness a new chapter in Vantage and Selena's life. I am working on something anew.”

Lares starts to pulsate aggressively, prompting the rotom to hover in the air for a few seconds—loading new information into its memory—before its phantom body possesses the holographic screen on the office window: pictures of league officers, gym leaders—including Alexei, mayors, councilors, and even the commissioner herself pop up on the monitor. Arrows connect photos and information here and there; some pointong to a pile of Team Rocket paraphernalia on one side, but they all appear grey behind the huge red text that says "FOR FUTURE REFERENCES."

“I told you the journalist organization 'barred' me from writing. What I meant is that they influenced people to take out their shares from Vantage—and now my company's practically non-existent. I am working on that. But now, I can focus on myself.”

There is a dramatic pause as she takes a step forward, arms crossed as her eyes fixate on the flashing screen that illuminates the dim room.

“I have a new story to write.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 20:36:57 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You were one. I don’t even know where the hell is up about those ‘avatarship’ experiences and what not.”

Unlike those higher up on the League’s ‘food chain’, he didn’t have as much access to ‘classified files’ deep within the League’s echelons. Adding on to that, the weird ‘Initiative’ that painted all the known Avatars working with the league as some kind of ‘superheroes’… well, it didn’t sit well with him either.

What if there were others out there, who didn’t want to be a part of it and live their lives in peace? What then?

“Well, if there was one, I’d have definitely earned its ire, Sel. The only thing I know about are the little Phiones and that weird-ass red and blue thing I showed you before.”

Once they arrived at her former office, he cracked a smirk.

“What, you want me to get more of those ‘spring rolls’ next time I come by?” he joked with a smirk before watching the display.

Hoo boy.

“Sel, that’s—that’s dangerous shit you’re getting into,” he said quietly. “Should I get ready to call in another favor to that hacker my friend knows about just in case you need to expunge shit online?”

He knew that they were going to be in for one hell of a ride, and it was best they came prepared.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 20:50:13 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“There's no need for it... yet.”

The words come like a calm breeze in a cold night; quiet but sending chills down the spine. Perhaps, it is one thing that Hoenn hasn't prepared themselves for when having Selena in their midst: what doesn't kill the Kalosian lady only makes her stronger.

“We save our best weapons last when it can actually serve its purpose. ”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 21:29:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Yet,” he parroted.

In the back of his mind, he took a mental note to prepare and call ahead just in case they rain into shit earlier than expected.

“As to that, I can wholeheartedly agree with you on that front.”

He took a look at the screen of information in front of her, wondering how much… how much shit they were going to find when they peeled back the cover of the abyss and it roared back at them.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 22:17:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: