193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
the charmed ones [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 0:30:56 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
it had been sometime since the groudon raid. while trying to get back to normal had beenb their top priority. there was much that needed to be discussed. zenji, awaiting in his office, pondered on what 'normal' even meant to the scientist.

he hadn't had a single sense of normalcy since his promotion into league. "regardless, i think we're past the point of ever returning to normal. wouldn't you agree..." he'd turn toward the invisible companion that hovered in front of the large window, "mew."

ooc: zenji is currently waiting within his office for and to show. mew is currently invisible and hovering around the room. zenji stands in front of the window, watching the city lights shine in the night. it's currently evening and about 9PM.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
the charmed ones [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 6:42:57 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

“Normal?” a light laugh follows the foreign word accentuated with a hint of playful distaste. Eva enters the office with a bright smile, slipping the laptop case off her shoulder and onto the floor. Obviously, she thinks Zenji is speaking to her. She misses the “Mew” part.

Once her single belonging is settled she steps closer to the window, peering out it as well, “Normal is boring, anyway,” she shrugs, shoving her hands into the pockets of her ceil blue scrubs. It's boring . . . but welcome. The doctor leans against the window sill casually, glancing back towards the entrance to Zenji’s office, “Is Illeana coming too?”

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the charmed ones [ c ]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 1:21:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she shows up late, disheveled, and looking positively out of her element.

"here," she manages to puff out. did she run here? possibly... "sorry i'm late!" time's river flows in weird bits for the pale haired woman. once she's over the initial gathering of herself, smiles are ushered to both scientists. it's been a while since they've been in the same room together... the aqua assembly, was it? huh, have they ever met outside of such circumstances? maybe she should drag them for a drink one of these days. you know, if work would ever allow them such a pleasure.

anyway, she shifts her attention into science mode, as if there's no other reason she'd be summoned beside two brilliant minds.

"so," she tries to hide her excited grin to little avail. "what're we getting into?"

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
the charmed ones [ c ]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 21:16:02 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
with the three of them gathered it was time for the meeting. "you can come out now," zenji spoke to his the star of the show. the pink specimen would emerge from its elusive form. manifesting at the center of the trio.

raising a pokedex before the pokemon, he would proceed to scan it. "it's officially within our records now." turning to the women, "you wouldn't believe me if i told you how we met, but..." he'd look to the pokemon, "it's the actual "hypothetical" mother of all pokemon." mew would come to exam the newcomers before it. proceeding to greet the women.

"i'm not fully sure on its reasoning for following me. but i don't think it's a coincidence for mew to be showing itself to me, led alone you two." the pokemon wouldn't budge when he tried to show it to back in her office. it made him look like a crazy person, which he didn't exactly care. "but it willingly showed itself to you two."

he didn't expect for the mythical pokemon to unveil itself so easily. zenji thought he'd have to bribe it or something. was there something different about these two compared to the commissioner? "it's like a bipolar child honestly. but, for now, i wanted to share this discovery amongst the three of us." zenji would come to take a seat nearby. proceeding to type excessively upon his computer while they got acquainted with the pokemon.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
the charmed ones [ c ]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 2:21:20 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

As if on cue, Illeana makes her entrance. Eva turns slightly from the window to greet her with a pleasant smile, “Hey there, Illeana! Long time no see! Hope you been well,” Honestly, it’s been a long time since she’s spent any quality time with Zenji too, even work related. Perhaps they needed to collaborate more.

Eva nearly jumps out of her skin at the sudden appearance of the Mew. She had no idea what to expect from this sudden meeting, but she certainly wasn’t expecting Zenji to be introducing them to a legendary creature.

“The mother of all pokemon?!” Eva muses the hypothesis out loud, mind churning through her own database of knowledge, “Something about it seems familiar – Hi there,” she smiles brightly as the pokemon inches closer, a curious and thoughtful look present on its adorable pink face, “I think I’ve seen some things about it in Kanto, back in my studies,” Kanto had its legends, just like every other region.

Eva reaches out to offer the creature her hand. There’s a moments pause before the Mew’s tiny nose takes a sniff. Content, it nuzzles it’s cheek into her palm and Eva nearly melts from the cuteness. With a sudden spin it turns its attention to .

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the charmed ones [ c ]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 6:09:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"hey," she flashes a small smile, genuine and warm. "i have! i hope you've both been well." her eyes dart between the two scientists for a moment before settling on zenji. the time for small talk passes, ushering promptly into the reason for a summons.

confusion etches onto her features at zenji's beginning statement for their makeshift meeting. come out...? what?

and then, pink enters her vision and the gasp that escapes is audible. the form itself falls into a category that bothers her: familiar yet foreign. reminiscent of faded artwork in old books, stuffed away in a corner of her office with the rest of her unfinished projects.

whatever artwork was collected from ancestors of regions past certainly do not do mew justice.

and somehow, she feels a swell of accomplishment settle in her chest. knowing it exists, knowing it's not just a silly old fable... the driving reason behind her original internship with silph co. and her previous position with the league floats before them now. she never thought she'd live to see this day but now that she has, little will top it.

her smile is fond as she observes mew's interactions with eva. before long, it's her turn and she extends a gentle hand to the pink creature. it stares, blinking, and she blinks back. a mewl escapes before the mythical creature takes a moment to wiggle each of her fingers around. soon, it grows bored of that and resorts to fiddling with her hair.

"i suppose we'll find out soon," her attention shifts toward zenji. if there's anything she's learned about the subjects of legends, there's always a greater plan at play. fate ties red strings around each of their fingers, tethering them to mew's little hands and each other. "i have to admit, though... this little cutie had always been a pipedream of mine while growing up. thank you," a pause, a swallow. "for including us in this. it means a lot!" the myth of the original pokemon... it kept her going, kept her hungry for more knowledge and opportunities.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
the charmed ones [ c ]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 23:00:15 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
"mew's discovery, for now, will have to remain between the three of us." though, that was easier said than done. "it's a bit frivolous. but the pokemon doesn't seem to show itself, at this moment, to many people." which led him to wanting to conduct a specific research on it, a hypothesis rather, with one of the league's famous avatar(s). but that would be study for another day.

zenji's physical movement would pause over the keys of his computer. there was a sudden energy felt throughout the room. the source would seem to emanate from the small, mythical pokemon. it was then zenji's attention would be stolen by , "of course, as my closest colleagues it was only right. besides, the pokemon has proven to be more than i can chew. so an extra hand or four wouldn't have hurt to have."

he could tell the mew had taken a liking to them, despite only having just met them. had it been possible that the powerful psychic-type exhibited some form of empathic ability? for now, zenji would continue to examine silently. "anyway, tell me. anything worth reporting back with your studies you two?"