TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 23:05:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BAPTISM

WASH AWAY WEAKNESS IN A COFFIN OF BRIMSTONE

“HOW DO YOU FEEL?”

Fernando is careful with her post surgery. It’s unbecoming of them. A stark contrast to their relationship. But he knows the pain of being torn apart and built anew. It comes with the struggle of the flesh and refamiliarization of control.

His arm still irks him to no end.

His towel is tossed aside. Freedom sits in the air, hidden behind the dense steam that covers nakedness and looks of concern.

Watch your step,” he says with a guiding hand.

Relief comes from the luxury of a heated bath but the step into it prove live changing should one slip at the wrong angle.

It’s why he pampers her like a wounded animal.

UvnlzZZp

HEAT POINTS: 910

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 17:08:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her body is not her own. it never has been. birthed to a mother too weak to survive childbirth, fashioned by a man too weak to stand his ground, she has never lived with strength. her heart, her resolve, her justice had been her pillars, her rocksteady foundation, and yet now she stands on legs that are not her own and she feels more herself than ever before. 

the water hisses and its heat draws her in. her skin has been colder lately; she's been craving sun, and has taken to wearing garments unbecoming of the summer heat. 

her gaze darts to fernando, at his bare chest sitting above the water, and she licks her lips. she sheds her own layers like a snake and steps daintily into the bath, toes flexing, feeling the strength of her body, of her agility, as she does this one simple act of entering the bath.

"i'm not as fragile as you'd have me believe," she says with a half-smile, though she accepts his hand. he dotes upon her as he might a pet. 

this makes sense to her. 

she shivers happily as the heat envelops her and she sinks her shoulders down into the water. "i feel...warm," she says, as though that is the only thing she might ever want in this world.

cJ87s84v

HEAT POINTS: 957
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 17:24:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BAPTISM

“I DON’T THINK OF YOU AS FRAGILE.”

Distance between them grows as he drifts deeper into the bath. It is the water that serves as the great divider. Once she’s situated in the bath his coddling stops.

But having your mobility, your autonomy, stripped from you, changes a person.

His shoulders unhunch when he feels the bottom become steeper. He stands upright, rising slightly, before sinking the further he continues. Soon, only a head is visible.

Everyone has a window when they’re vulnerable.

He turns to look at her.

And that is when you should care for them especially.

eODCkQ2d

HEAT POINTS: 891

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 17:34:35 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and she was changed. waking up in that hospital bed with the news of her hometown fallen, with the histories of her people gone from the silver spire and replaced with another worldly obelisk. fury had consumed her. introspection brought the realization that it was not anger at her loss, at the ruin of knowledge, but the fact that what was hers was taken. that her territory had been encroached, that her dens had been ransacked, safe haven caverns left empty, eggs broken. 

she exhales. steam curls upward from the heat of her breath. 

she does not blame fernando for sootopolis' fall. she cannot. and her every instinct to purge the city of its parasites is smothered by something, rewritten and transcribed and replaced with the need for warmth. 

she extends herself in the spring and grins at him. "funny. that is the moment where i have learned to strike hardest." 

o4rQrofT

HEAT POINTS: 888
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 9:00:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BAPTISM

TO MAKE HER WHOLE AGAIN MEANS TO GIVE HER SOMETHING SHE NEVER HAD. What that entails, even he’s not sure. But what he sees when she stares back, smile wide, reminds him that she’s different now. They all end up distorted—purified, as Tapu Fini would put it. This is their ‘true’ self, unchained and realized.

Natural. One with their inner nature.

Like a cornered animal?

3_vxxMSR

HEAT POINTS: 878

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 16:45:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she presses her tongue to her canines. she can hear the sizzling, simmering of the water around her like a waterfall in her ears. every movement, light and delicate, that fernando makes, she feels reverberate through the water. and so she is wrapped in this environment, enraptured by the newness/nostalgia of it all. 

her lips part under the water. she tastes minerals from the rocks, the scent that is fernando, familiar to her though she's never truly tasted it upon her tongue. 

she comes back up when he speaks. "a cornered animal will fight with every fiber in its being. nothing is more terrifying than an animal with nothing left to lose." 

she tilts her head. "do you think me the cornered prey? or the predator?"

QRkJrAK1

HEAT POINTS: 887
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 17:44:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BAPTISM

HIS EYES NARROW. What does he consider her? The thought lingers before he decides hazardously.

Depends on what weight class you’re pushing.

He raises his hand and water drips from between his fingers.

Like all things in life, perspective changes.

SPmNEXpR

HEAT POINTS: 810

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 19:42:25 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

one would think that with her recovery from her surgery, she'd still be the thin waif of a woman she was when pulled her from her beachside isolation. but she's been ravenous since fernando's gift; her legs are strong, arms round with her building muscles. 

her arrows have flown with more power as of late. 

she bares glittering teeth and laughs. "mine won't anymore," she says. fernando granted her that much; she knows her place, unwaveringly so. 

"you've always seemed so resolute to me. tell me, how often does fernando silph's perspective change?"

n1qJ5AjN

HEAT POINTS: 803
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 20:31:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BAPTISM

“THAT’S DANGEROUS.”

He stands at that statement. Water reclines, settling neatly under his chest, half way up his torso. The air, while warm, lacks the same puncturing heat of the bath water. It nips at exposed skin relentlessly.

Perspective should always change when permissible.

He clicks his tongue.

For me, it changes less with age, but I keep an open mind. However, as we grow, as we learn, we must adjust what we knew with what we now know.

4cDUEpWa

HEAT POINTS: 720

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 23:10:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"i'm dangerous," she rebuttals. she flicks her tongue out again and grins wickedly as she drifts nearer to him. "you've been seeing that woman again, the one you never told me about. i can taste her on you." 

she shivers and wraps her arms around herself, though the bath still simmers with heat. 

"and my perspective has not changed. i know my place." she blinks at him, wades closer with a curiosity that is almost animal in nature. and without warning, she tucks herself neatly against him, drapes her arm over his bare chest. 

"mm, you're warm," she says. "would you turn up the heat?" she asks, head tilting. 

YxehKds8

HEAT POINTS: 728
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 6:49:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BAPTISM

“I SEE A LOT OF PEOPLE.”

He’s not quite sure which one she’s talking about. What may be obvious to others escapes his grasp. He can only twist it against her, weaponize it before he falls victim.

Jealous, Morningstar?

He’s kidding, of course, haughty in tone as she invades his personal space.

How do you feel?

He sinks when at her touch, carrying her along as his body seeks refuge in the water’s warm. Buoyant steps carry them to the center, plucking a wooden pail from the stand. He sweeps water onto the polished rocks, causing it to sizzle and hiss, vapid steam clouding the room in rising temperatures.

Being put together,” he clarifies.

BrAqx|ss

HEAT POINTS: 648

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 14:26:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"mm, sorry, but you don't quite do it for me in that department," she says with a grin. but now that she's closer, now that she's talking, she breathes him in. and yes, there is more than one scent that lingers against his skin. she can't pick them apart, though, because the sauna is cleansing him. 

he draws her into the water. she stretches and then folds her legs, curling to trap the heat. i feel so cold, she wants to say, but she knows that is not what he's asking.

the mist coils around her and she says, "thankful." 

this power he's gifted her, wild and untamed, has changed her. she would disagree with him, say it was more/less than being put back together. because something is still missing, but she doesn't know what, and whenever she tries to grasp it, it slips away from her. 

she cranes her neck back, teethes at his jaw. "i thought i understood them, but he has lived my several lifetimes over. and now i share his hurt. i share his sadness. i share his strength." she exhales and her breath is hot, stinging.

"was this power yours to give?"

F6aebraW

HEAT POINTS: 642
·
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 8:28:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BAPTISM

“GOOD.”

He accepts her refusal with stern approval. Maybe it’s the thrill of the hunt. Or, perhaps, the inclination of freedom from the turmoil of emotional investment proves relieving. Either way, Fernando takes the dejection with a welcome embrace, unfazed.

Her answer makes little sense when he think about it. On paper, he can piece together all the pieces. And the conjecture there falls in line with her statement. But to truly understand it—it eludes him.

The way his head rolls shies away from her breath. It’s uncomfortable but far from the worst heat he’s felt in the hot springs.

Does it matter?

|RHbv1Q_

HEAT POINTS: 482

·
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 15:38:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

heat rises to fernando's cheeks. his skin warms. she touches his chest, over his beating heart, and then her own, and she shivers at the chillness of her skin. still, she's warmer now with the steam curling around them, with fernando's arms encircling her, embracing her. 

she calls herself his arrow, his protector, and yet here she is being cradled like a babe, shielded from the world by wooden walls and mist. 

"i ask because i will not give it back so easily," she says. 

CU1xn4kf

HEAT POINTS: 590
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BAPTISM (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 8:25:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BAPTISM

“DO YOU THINK I WOULD TAKE IT FROM YOU?”

The way he asks sounds more playful than it should. As if to question his intention was foolish enough to earn his admonishment. But his actions prove contrary to his words—a tale as old as time.

His head leans in. Rests against her own, foreheads touching. What he sees behind those eyes is not the woman who he yearns to bring back but someone else entirely. A Freya he’s never known, someone new and muddied from too much of a foreign element.

It’s his chemical X.

It is your own. No one can take that away from you Freya.

Jp7|x5y6

HEAT POINTS: 398