she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
606 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
branding (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 7:59:21 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 above her closed eyes, dahlia's blond hair is held loosely by a swirl of white towel. she sighs. her breath rolls down her loose cotton wrapping and down to her lap where her hands rest on top of one another. water ladled over stones elicits notes of eucalyptus that dance with the rich aroma of aspen.

the door to the sauna opens alongside her eyes. she's seated in the center selfishly and although she has the mind to move to accommodate, the commissioner refrains. the wood remembers the shape of the body with damp dark marks.

"hello." dahlia says, pulling her wrap tighter. "i hope you don't mind my company!"

nnEL4CVX

DAHLIA'S HEAT POINTS: 1000 - 53 = 947

close tab

played by

RaptorAttacks

no.
he/him
castelia city
heterosexual
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
6 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vincentreviello
Vincent Reviello
branding (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 22:43:06 GMT
Vincent Reviello Avatar
"Remember, Vinny: Social media is all the rage with kids these days. That means its the perfect way to raise the profile of our brand. If there's a trend you can chase, chase it until your legs break, and snap as many pictures of it as you can. Got it?"

Vincent had "gotten it", alright. Had he not "got it", he would not be subjecting himself to the heat of a sauna in the middle of the Summer. It sounded less relaxing, and more torturous. Were all of Hoenn's local fads going to be so needlessly peculiar in their nature? What was next on the docket, jumping off cliffs and playing in traffic?

Well, not that he could complain. As much as he hated all the advertising goons he was forced to associate with, they had a point.

Taking a deep breath, he opened the door to one sauna, and was immediately greeted by another. A woman, slightly older than himself, if he was to guess. There was something about her face that rang a bell in the back of his mind. Had they met? No, he didn't think so. While her face was familiar, her voice wasn't. Then, had she been in the news? It was possible, but it was also a wide net to cast, far too wide to dredge up any specific memories. It was unfortunate, but he was unbothered. He certainly didn't plan to lose any sleep over such a trivial thing.

"That's fine with me." Vincent replied simply, spending a moment to adjust his own pair of towels (one for the waist and one for the shoulders), before taking a seat opposite Dahlia. This was the part where he was supposed to keep up the dialogue, correct? Not that he would claim to be a stunning conversationalist, but he'd engaged in plenty of water cooler small talk, and this was no different. Just exchange meaningless pleasantries until one of them left. Easy enough.

"Quite the weather we're having, hm?"

Well, maybe "easy enough" was subjective.

LHicYo5C

VINCENT'S HEAT POINTS: 1000 - 38 = 962

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
606 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
branding (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 23:05:04 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 a flutter of laughter leaves the curve of her lips like a fine-haired brush. she turns to vincent, skin dewy and light under the warm hues of their square of sauna.

"if by weather you mean the steam," she extends a finger, painted nude nail swirling through the air, "then i'd say it's good."

she's unsure whether he's stilted because of her station, or if it's because of the nature of first conversation. still, dahlia does not mind. perhaps, he doesn't know.

"i'm dahlia," her hand lowers with an open palm, "what brings you to the sauna today..." her voice trails off, expecting a name to fill in the humid blank.

Cpxb7iEM

DAHLIA'S HEAT POINTS: 947 - 44 = 903

close tab

played by

RaptorAttacks

no.
he/him
castelia city
heterosexual
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
6 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vincentreviello
Vincent Reviello
branding (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 1:26:35 GMT
Vincent Reviello Avatar
"...Yes, well, I suppose steam is a kind of weather. Clouds, fog, steam... All vapours, I suppose."

Hm. Well, he hadn't anticipated that kind of reaction, but he didn't intend to balk at it. After all, it still seemed to have gone rather well, as far as breaking the ice went. It was far from an elegant solution, but this was far, far, FAR from an elegant situation. He was talking to a stranger in a warm box, not introducing himself to the head of a major corporation!

The woman then proceeded to introduce herself as Dahlia, a name that once again rung the same bell from earlier, but once again failed to bring forth a fitting memory. Irksome, but not intolerable. He didn't linger on the topic long. If he couldn't recall anything relevant at the first impression, then repeating the same efforts would doubtlessly prove similarly fruitless. Besides, there were more important matters to attend to, like a formal introduction.

"Vincent. Vincent Reviello." The businessman leaned back, allowing himself some measure of comfort as his body slowly adjusted to the heat. "I was told that this is some manner of tradition in this place. As of such, my management encouraged me to indulge it. Not that I truly understand the specifics, but I've gathered such from the broad strokes."

CqStmdWS

VINCENT'S HEAT POINTS: 962 - 57 = 905