awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
Saving a Town! (Mission Staying Afloat)
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 20:29:43 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
Barely an hour after entering Hoenn, and Ollie already received an assignment. Save Pacifilog Town from sinking via getting rid of Mareanie. An invasive species that loved to hunt Corsola. Poor babies. Well, never fear, the great Ollie was here! The red head, with black highlights, wore black jammers for swimwear, red swimming shoes, and had on a lose shirt. He also had a type of sling belt over his shoulder, carrying two pokeballs that were his Pokemon. The blue eyed young man also had several piercings in his ears, but he doubted they would cause issues. Stepping off the boat with his bag, he showed the place his ID, and was shown to a small hostel.  Putting his bag there, he went outside and asked where the most damage was done to his guide.

Oliver was shown to the edge of the town, where a building was slightly leaning out. When the guide panicked, Ollie sent out his Dragonite. "Dragonite, hold up the building!" With a show of speed and strength, the dragon-type moved to stop it from collapsing down into the sea. Oliver himself took it upon him to go inside and rescue a few people. A mother, father, two kids, and a grandmother apparently. They didn't get a chance to get anything of theirs out as the building dipped into the sea. Even with his Dragonite's strength, there was no stopping it. Invasive species were no joke. As if to emphasize that thought, several injured Corsola swam by, desperate to get away. He could see more trapped behind a line of Mareanie.

"Dragonite, shatter that line with Dragon Rush, then use Thunder Punch. Get rid of them." The big guy nodded and started to get to work. Meanwhile, Ollie released his Braviary. "Brave, you go and help out those Corsola, evacuate them! Drag's Thunder Punch is going to electrify the water, it won't be safe for them to leave that way. Take as many as you can!" The bird of prey screeched in confirmation and went off to do exactly that. He could already tell that this was going to be a long day...
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 20:46:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar

the first rule of working missions was to make sure that you remained calm.

frantic behavior led to mistakes and people or pokemon getting hurt.

sometimes both.

rangers were supposed to stay calm to make choices that meant everyone got out safe.

including invading pokemon.

"try to focus defensively! the mareanie can't help that they're like this, remember that." using too much force would be just as bad for the environment as not enough. "we should capture and relocate what we can." it would be better than harming them all into running away and then coming back just as strong or stronger.

towns could be rebuilt after being evacuated. and the evacuation was the most important part after all. "pluto, put up a few barriers to make this better." a counter wall went up, to help and prevent the mareanie from making their way forward. if they attacked the barrier it would stun them at the very least, meaning they could be scooped up into nets and carried off somewhere else.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
Pain makes you stronger, heartbreak makes you wiser, and fear makes you braver
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 23:28:27 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
The line of Mareanie got broken quickly. And Dragonite's thunder punch swiftly knocked out several of them. Braviary also rescued that particular group of Corsola with ease. But there was also a lot more Mareanie that he didn't see. Before he could order his Dragonite to come back, a new voice was heard. The way she spoke, she was clearly a ranger. He huffed a bit. "Bravairy, go to any other clusters of Corsola that are further out and pick them up. If you have to, try to use whirlwind and blow the Mareanie towards us. But focus on saving the Corsola." Another screech of confirmation and off he went. "I sure hope you were notified a lot earlier than I was so that you could prepare the right equipment for doing exactly that. Otherwise, they're a lot easier to capture when they're knocked out. I can have Braviary make sure that any attempted escapees get turned back towards us. Dragonite, came back to us."

The dragon flew up and eased himself down next to the Wobbeffet. The water/poison types hit and attacked the barriers, hurting themselves in the process. And there was a lot there. More than even he thought. Frowning, he spoke again to the lady. "Those counter attacks aren't going to last. If you want some breathing room, Dragonite can use Aqua Tail or Hurricane. I can try to have him keep them all grouped up this time for later pick-up this time. Though Hurricane is a bit harder to control." Playing defense can only last so long. Eventually, you have to go on the offense. Looking back at where the original line was, that Dragon Rush did a bit more damage than he wanted. Probably should focus more on the punching moves and Aqua Tail.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 23:46:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar

given that this was a fishing village, as most of these sea faring ones were, it wasn't difficult to task out that the materials they needed would already be at hand.

"pluto, nets please."
there were plenty of fishing nets that could be used to scoop up the mareanie, large ones.

as the ranger grabbed one side their wobbuffett grabbed the other, encompassing one of the entryways as mareanie fell into it as they hit the counter.

"there are more nets over there, start spreading them over the entryway. when they're full we can have flying types scoop them up and carry them off."

it was like what they did when they moved magikarp or basculin from one pond to another really.

"safeguard against poison please."
another wall went up, preventing pokemon from being poisoned by the dual type's poison attacks. a ranger thought ahead after all.

she personally didn't agree with all out warfare waged against wild pokemon. it did more damage than good in her mind. but she wasn't going to question it right now. corsola waddled past her, evacuation quickly with sounds of thanks.

"when the nets are full have your dragonite begin to lift them."

she didn't mind giving orders, it was better than just having attack after attack to stress the wild pokemon out.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 1:27:51 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
Okay then, this lady knew what she was doing in addition to having a little bit more time to plan ahead. Helped that she knew the area better, and likely had more experience with water based relocations. What he lacked in knowledge of the area, he made up for it with speed, quickly getting nets and organizing volunteers. "Got a fishing ship or something that can hold them? Don't think you want Drag to just toss them somewhere...and there is quite a few of them here..." Far more than what he's seen or expected. It almost seemed to him that something spooked them out of their normal hunting grounds. He's seen that before, but with land and air Pokemon, and this almost seemed to have fit the bill. He didn't have much experience with ocean Pokemon like this, so he didn't know for sure. Something to ask the lady when they were done.

Bravairy dropped off another six Corsola, giving them happy thank you noises. And off he went to grab more. Ollie's net was filling up, but it looked like her's was full. Volunteers got another net ready for her. "Drag, you heard her! Get that full net out of here!" And into a large fishing ship. The small ones he saw around here in his very short time didn't look anywhere large enough for the amount there. With a shockwave, Dragonite zoomed into the air, then eased himself down to pick up the net. Lifting it up, it was full to the brim. The Dragonite looked around for the ship or something to put the Mareanie in. Even as Braviary dropped off another seven Corsola.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 1:34:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar

he handled the orders well at least as she finished marking off the last of her nets, pluto putting up a few more counters behind them to dissuade the water pokemon from coming in.

a few of the dual types were getting tired of the attempts and began to wander off, that was good as well. it meant less to keep in the net.

"slateport isn't that far, we can transfer them to a docker ship there that has a larger hull and tank."

it was a small flight for a dragonite after all. from what she remembered they flew extremely fast and made quick work of trips like that.

"if we can get them there, then the rangers there can work on distributing the colonies to better locations."

and maybe they could work on investigating why they were so intent on taking on this colony of corsola.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 2:12:51 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
"Might let them know he's coming, then. Also, we've barely been in Hoenn for an hour, and haven't had much time to research the region. Point him in the direction of Slateport and tell them to use flares or a similar signal to let Dragonite know where to go." At most, he knew where Lilycove, Mossdeep, and Sootopolis was. But no where else. Trying to pack and make housing arrangements took time, and he just hadn't had the time to find out town locations let alone names. Once that was done, his Dragonite zoomed on in the direction she pointed him towards. Once his net was full, he tied it up good and tight to the shoreline. A couple of volunteers came by and took a hold of the net and nailed it down. It wasn't going anywhere.

Ollie got another one to fill with a volunteer, who almost let go when Braviary used Whirlwind to blow some of the escapees and a bunch of them right into it. Another small group of Corsola was rescued. Soon, Dragonite returned, and grabbed the nailed down net and flew off with it. Dragonite would continue with pattern, going for whichever net was full at the time between the two rangers. It was a slow process...and he just hoped that they could keep it up. Braviary was continuing rescue operations of the Corsola, while also helping catch as many as possible using whirlwind.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 15:55:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

she had a headset of course, one used to communicate from ranger to ranger. it wasn't a very big deal to let them know that a large delivery was on the incoming.

"just head north, you won't be able to miss it." those were the best directions she could give at the moment, frowning as the mareanie that were attempting to leave were being bullied into a net.

"don't take all of them, some of them are native to this area and an important part of the eco-system. just take the ones still being aggressive. the others will taper off to wherever they came from." yes it was sad that they ate corsola but they were needed to balance the environment. everything had it's place after all. "what region did you come from before hoenn?"

since he was a newcomer she assumed he was from somewhere else. most of them were after all. gently she slipped into the water and nudged a corsola forward behind the netting.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 1:59:28 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
Dragonite had nodded at her and went on his way. Shortly afterward, Ollie did kind of noticed that all the Corsola that was further away was rescued. And the lady piped up about his Braviary perhaps doing too good of a job corralling Pokemon. "Brave, ease up a little, if they run, let them. Grab nets and if need be pull some up and wait for Dragonite." And the birb did exactly that. Things were starting to die down a bit, thankfully. Moving in water was starting to get really hard, and he couldn't help be start to feel a little sluggish. But on he went.

"Johto. Blackthorn City born and raised. I mostly stayed around there and the routes between it and New Bark Town. I rarely got to go out to Olivine, the Whirl Islands, or Cainwood City. When I did, it was almost exclusively search and rescue." Since he had two good flying Pokemon helped make that type of work much easier. But there also another reason he stayed near there...it was an "easy" spot for Rocket to try to come over. Ollie started to wade out a little and just look around, now that the swarm was thinning pretty good. He gently picked up a few hurt Corsola to the nearby Pokemon Nurse. Sitting at the edge, it looked like they were nearly done...just a couple small nets that Dragonite was just returning to grab. "Name's Oliver Shrakes. Ollie if you're feeling lazy. Oceanic conservation is not something I'm used to or is familiar with. There's a lot more ocean and water here than it Johto. Thanks for both the assist and the tips. Mountains, caves, and forests ended up being more my thing...after this is over, care for a drink? I need to learn a lot more about the region..."

@giselle

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 15:47:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar

for now the job seemed to be mostly completed. the only thing left would be to take care of the transports in slateport. but she was sure that a ranger there could take care of that. making sure they were spreading out the work was important.

it made sense that he had such an aggressive attitude for it all when he was used to search and rescue. different people did different work.

"i'd love to! it's good to get to know whose working in what areas. this sort of work is mostly conservation so it's a lot more delicate. i'd be happy to help you with that." and she meant it. so many people had helped her while she had been getting started after all.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 19:46:59 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
She was excited for it and agreed to help him out. Once the last nets got carted off and his Dragonite returned, Ollie told both of his Pokemon to rest and relax for a job well done. He was offered a place to stay for the night, which was nice. And he heard the offer being extended to his partner/senpai. There was only one place in town to eat/drink at, so that's where he went. And found that his partner was already there in a booth. Slipping in opposite her, he didn't take any opportunity to change clothes or anything...no one really did from what he looked at. And he that his Dragonite was just lazing in the shallows, completely chill despite the children and Corsola around him and playing with his tail. Ollie had spotted his Braviary grooming himself and just staying perched up high.

Come to think of it, he didn't get a name from her. "So, what's your name? Or do you want me to make horrible guesses?" As soon as he started to relax a little, the exhaustion kicked in, and he slumped a little. And his body started to feel sore. Working in water was rough on the body. He also got a drink, too. "I guess...let's start with what's been going on? My superiors just told me about the Sootopolis takeover, and since Rocket has been laying off us in Johto for some reason, thought Hoenn could use some assistance." That...or they wanted him gone. He had stepped on a few toes in his tenure with them, but he also had some good accomplishments. And it was no secret that he aimed to go higher in the organization.

@giselle

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2021 4:12:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar

before they could get into the nitty gritty of having a real conversation, it seemed as though her beeper was going off. it was time for her to help in slateport to get these pokemon moved. figures she would be on the next part of this job too. but that just meant it was more fun for her. "it looks like im needed elsewhere... but i'd love to hang out with you again soon!" with the flick of her wrist she released a different pokemon, recalling her wobbuffett.

with grace that came from practice she hopped onto the noivern's back and gave it a small pat, as it flew up into the air she realized she hadn't even answered the first question. "my name is giselle by the way! giselle authier!" but now her and mars had somewhere to be.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2021 5:00:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@giselle