RaptorAttacks

no.
he/him
castelia city
heterosexual
civilian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vincentreviello
Vincent Reviello
Cracking Down [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 21:42:17 GMT
Vincent Reviello Avatar
Public perception was everything. Reputation was the key to all success. If one's name was spoken in bitter whispers and murmured insults, then the future was nothing more than a dead end. It was only through careful maintenance of one's standing in society that one could raise it.

In short? This act, volunteering to assist in the rescue of the downtrodden and the arrest of the perpetrators, was not born of kindness. Rather, it was all an elaborate PR move, designed to gather goodwill that could be burnt for advantage elsewhere. This was a glorified act of charity, no different that a donating money, or hosting a fundraiser. It just happened to take a more up-close, personal form.

Not that his heart was so dead and blackened than he could not recognise the value of this endeavour. Rescuing Pokemon and condemning criminals? All quite swell, to be certain. But it was dressing, a nice bonus rather than a driving force.

"Any second now... Any... Second... Now..."

Vincent perched himself upon a crumbling concrete wall, eyes glancing between his wristwatch and the various warehouses and alleyways that surrounded him. This wasn't to be a solo mission, no. Rather, he had been given a "partner" to accompany him, an associate to provide assistance where necessary. An offer he couldn't balk at, given the risk inherit on entangling oneself with the worst dregs of society and their underhanded means. An extra set of hands would suit him just fine.

All that was left was to wait for said associate to arrive.

close tab

played by

Window

He/Him
April Third
Almia
wink
Businessman/Carni
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
16 posts
misha altru DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @misha
misha altru
Cracking Down [M]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 1:19:55 GMT
misha altru Avatar

Rich people doing rich people things. No one of wealth would ever wander out this way to figure out why someone would experiment on pokemon. Misha was starstruck but the noise of a scientist leaving a paper trail. Sure while illegal research was just that, it provided great insight. Being morally grey was great because he was indifferent about the deaths of the pokemon that laid in this rubble. Not that it overly mattered to him, he just wanted to hire the scientist to help unravel the mystery of Avatars. But....the downside was that there was another person joining him, and he would have to pray to the stars that this person would be as corrupt or stupid.

Walking around the rubble covered corner, he kept his Malamar and Zoroark hidden by their illusions, blending them in the environment. "Hello sir...Misha at your service," he gave a jesterly noble bow. His cheerfully comfortable cloths, the baggy pants, the loose shirt that billowed in the breeze. "So......we do we start. I hear the scientists did some pretty crazy things, and I'd love to figure out what,"

@vincent
close tab

played by

RaptorAttacks

no.
he/him
castelia city
heterosexual
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
6 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vincentreviello
Vincent Reviello
Cracking Down [M]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 5:18:33 GMT
Vincent Reviello Avatar
Speak of the devil, and they will appear.

A slightly grand turn of phrase for what equated to someone walking around the corner, but it fit just fine nonetheless. Upon noticing Misha's approach, Vincent dropped down from the wall he sat upon, taking a second to straighten himself up. Check the hair, adjust the suit, clear the throat, and then stepping forward. At a glance, his "associate" in this regard seemed much more casual about this whole affair, in both costume and demeanour. Enough to raise an eyebrow, but nothing beyond that.

"Vincent Reviello. The pleasure is mine." The businessman introduced himself, a hand reaching into his pocket and producing a business card. Without much thought, he flicked it in the general direction of his "partner", before turning away. "We're supposed to sweep warehouses to flush out any vermin nestled within."

Without waiting for any sort of response, Vincent began to move. It wasn't a long trip, no, since it only took him a few meters away, stopping in front of the nearest of the many abandoned warehouses. A shoddy affair, about as aged and decrepit as all that surrounded it. Completely unassuming, which in turn was what made such buildings worthy of suspicion.

"So, let's cut to the chase, hm? If we're quick about it, it shouldn't take more than five minutes for the two of us to check a single warehouse. By that logic, we can check twelve in an hour. Quick, efficient, and without waste. I presume this will be fine with you?"