awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 21:41:37 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
he hasn't been with anyone else in a long time (by knox's standards). sometime during their texting, sam had stolen him, and knox's hook-ups either didn't get texts back or were deleted. so sam might not understand his frustration (no matter how trivial and shallow it is), but it's there all the same. 

because he likes the way sam feels pressed against him. he likes the way he smells and the way he smiles before he kisses knox back. 

knox snorts and then jolts at the sharp pain that lances down his spine. he cringes, but then recovers well enough to say, "you're not allowed to say the sex with me is nice. not until you experience it to know it's fucking fantastic." 

he checks his phone again and shoots off a couple of texts. and then he holds up his phone and darts his gaze back and forth between the image there and sam. "mm, yeah, you're definitely sexier." 

he slides the phone facedown after he sends eden the adorable picture of sam giving him his hot 'i'm working, leave me alone' face. and then he takes sam's hand and touches his knuckles because that's what he thinks about when he thinks about getting close to him. 

"i'm here for more than that, you know, even if i'm definitely gonna bitch about it for the next month. but you make me feel more...myself. the myself that i like. does that make sense?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 22:07:45 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
while knox went to texting and comparing him to an image, sam had moved to give captain pets and then returned his hand to hold knox'. it's a soft and subtle touch. warm, inviting.

it makes flashes of the night before surface and he smiles. namely at what knox has told him. that knox was excited to have sex with sam. and then... he says something that sam understands profoundly.

"it does, yeah. that's exactly how i feel. like i didn't know who i was until i met you. it's why i was so terrified when i saw you half dead in mauville."

confessing that he felt as if knox was going to die and it terrified him felt pretty good. he felt relieved.

"it seemed so silly, all those times in books and movies when people say they can't live without somebody. i always took it so literally. but being with you, i realize what they meant. it's not as if i will end up in a grave if you died... but i would feel dead, like i did before. and i didn't even realize i felt that way until you were nearly taken from me last night."
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 22:20:56 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
he doesn't really remember moro's house. he doesn't really remember how he ended up there or how the fuck sam got there. which makes him ask - "how did you even find me anyway?" and upon his asking, he jumps, because captain sends a zinger to his ankle. he knocks her with a warning nudge, but she zaps him again right as his phone buzzes again. 

"eden's at her apartment. she'll get here faster if we send your gardevoir." he backs out of his message with her and taps sam's, working on a hunch. 

and then he turns the screen around to show captain. "this is nonsense, cap. you probably scared him half to death." still, she looks pleased. 

he bites his lip and tugs sam closer. "you remember what we talked about that first night we met? you asked me how i enjoy the present and i asked you." he inhales, exhales. "i just - i don't want something to happen and you regret all of it.

"it's easy to start caring about someone. it's fucking impossible to stop."
is he trying to give him a way out? it'll break his heart, but he's used to heartbreak. but sam? 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 22:59:49 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
when asked, sam looked at captain, allowing her to tease her trainer, and her trainer teased her back. they had such an odd relationship, but he supposed knox attracted odd. he'd attracted sam, after all, hadn't he?

"she scared me half to death, you scared me fully there." he smirked slowly, a simple thought sent to his gardevoir with the pin that he'd seen in the messages. "i'm a ghost before you."

it's a joke, a tease, poetic words.

"though, that couldn't be further from the truth... i still hold that death is the only sure and final thing in life. it will never lie, it will always claim what it wants. there is no denying it, unless of course, in arrogance."

one cannot be ignorant of death if one is not ignorant of life. with birth, comes death.

"the truth is, i started to care for you a long time ago. i didn't realize it until recently, just how much i cared. it's why i came to that party, it's why i insisted i go. it's why i kept meeting up with you and going on dates...you fascinated me because you made me realize, this whole time, i had been living as if i were already dead. but now? now...

"now i know what it's like to be alive, and to fear death with reverence."

he's not thanking knox for this revelation, but he's not angry for the revelation either. it's just fact, stated plainly, with small kisses to knox' knuckles and hand, before sealing the thought with a gentle kiss to his lips.

and his gardevoir is gone, teleporting to retrieve the woman from the pinned location shared with her through telepathy with her trainer.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 0:13:35 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
i'm a ghost before you. and his words bring about images distorted by dreamscape water, of not-sam with his hands out, murmuring his apologies and telling him it's time to go. he shudders. he knows that sam will get a kick out of it - that at the end of his days, he ended up seeing the man himself as some sort of grim reaper. 

but's he's dumbfounded because sam hits him with a monologue he's in no way, shape, or form prepared for. he shakes as sam kisses his knuckles and his eyes burn when he goes to kiss his lips. 

his nose stuffs up immediately and it feels awful, but he can't stop himself; tears slick down his cheeks, rolling over his puffed skin, turning pink from the dried blood. 

"i'm so stupid," he says. "i want to make you happy. and what happened in my room, i wish i could change it. because it's such a dumb thing. i don't want anyone else. i want you. so if the offer's still on the table to be your boyfriend, your partner, i want to accept, with all my heart."
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 0:38:15 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
seeing knox nearly fall apart before him... hurts, but it's sweet. it causes sam to smile softly, eyes following the tears, thumbs very gently brushing them away, mingled with blood or otherwise.

he's patient, he listens. he's beaming by the end of it. because what he knew was true the whole time, knox was finally coming out and saying.

so all he would have to do is be patient and wait for knox to make the first move on all accounts. he could live with that.

"i want you too, knox."

partner... partner in life, life partner. he's testing out labels in his head, seeing which one feels right. but he likes the sound of it. knox is his partner.

"knox my partner; be it in life, or in death."

'till death do they part? no, even death couldn't pull sam's grip away. if knox couldn't push sam away, then death certainly wouldnt' be able to claim him. the parts of knox that were now a part of sam would never leave, and he would be able to sleep at night knowing that.

"whatever parts of you that you'll give me, i'll gladly take. bit by bit, or the whole lump sum. i can be patient. i'd wait a lifetime for you if i had to."
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 0:48:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I'll be back in an hour. Promise." Eden kisses August over and over as she tugs on her pants and her shirt and grabs her medical bag. She doesn't even brush down her mussed-up hair as a gardevoir appears in her apartment, waiting patiently for her.

"Take me to the fucking moron." She holds out her hand, and away they go.

And it's so, so much worse in person. The IV, the makeshift bed, the random guy fawning over him. Knox fawning back.

She clears her throat.

"Am I interrupting? Would you like me to come back?" She raises her eyebrows, sunken tired eyes - better than they had been in weeks, but still hollow against her pale skin and gaunt cheekbones. "You look like shit." Eden crosses the room and surveys what she's dealing with.

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 1:01:56 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
and there goes the happy little fantasy he'd built around himself like a shield. because the moony-eyed boy is still starstruck by the boy beside him, and it's like a slap in the face when the door opens and he sees eden. and he sees her look at sam like she's looked at every other one of his temporaries - dismissive, except without her typical that poor schmuck

he squeezes sam's hand, almost defiantly, and he wants to say he's different, i swear he's different than the rest, but he hears those words so clearly in his mind because he's said them to her a hundred and one other different ways. 

and that warmth between the two of them suddenly evaporates as knox starts to question it all over again. 

and you look like shit, too. "yeah, well, asshat put a fuckin' ring on before he knocked me down." he takes his hand from sam's, curls it in their shared blanket instead.

he makes a face. "dunno if it's fractured, but i don't need to tell you it's definitely broken." he side-eyes sam. "got a couple ribs, too." that much he's felt before, the pain of them cracking, hearing them pop in his ears. eden's bandaged that up for him before too.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 1:09:33 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the feeling of his gardevoir should have given him a heads up about eden being there, but the gardevoir had stayed to herself and teleported, retreated; as if something were going to explode.

it imploded instead. the second eden spoke and knox pulled away, sam wondered... why? why did knox pull away? he wasn't ashamed, he felt knox couldn't possibly be ashamed. eden had always been a subject knox was conflicted about and always ended up changing to a different subject when brought up in conversation.

so sam allows the distance, then looks to eden with a polite and soft gaze. he stands to meet her, holding out his hand to her in greeting. the fact that he's only in his boxers still, having stripped to get body heat for knox so he didn't get hypothermia, didn't bother him. he wasn't a necessarily 'shy' person.

bodies are scientific until thought of otherwise, in his eyes.

"i'm sorry this is the circumstance under which we meet, miss eden. i'm sam carter," he glanced at the makeshift hospital room. "and i'm not a trained professional. i've done what best i can, triple checked everything i could, and the only thing that concerns me is the amount of blood he lost partnered with his broken nose. i'm not sure if internal bleeding has occurred, but i'm also not keen on how to check for it."

he is the first to own that he's not done a perfect job, but he hopes he's done the best that he could have, given their situation.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 1:17:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Eden glances to Sam, and the smile comes on. She holds out her hand and shakes Sam's with due diligence. Because even though she thinks the boy in his boxers will be crying in a month, two months, three months, a year, she also knows that rejecting him would make Knox hurt. And that's not something he needs more of right now.

"I'm sure you did fine." She nods and slips past him, kneeling down by the bed to look over Knox. She pulls back the covers and gently checks for large bruise patches, but nothing seems to be past surface level other than his broken bones. When she looks up at him, she takes his face into her hands and gently turns from side to side, checking to make sure his neck moves properly.

"Where did you get the IV?" She asks, looking at the multiple puncture wounds in Knox's arm. She opens her back and sets down a tray on the bed, pulling on some gloves. Gently, he places down all the tools she'll need and takes a deep breath, to still her hands. Because deep down, when she got that text, she couldn't stop shaking. Because she cried and cried and slapped herself until August had barged his way into the bathroom and held her wrists until she could calm down.

Because she was still broken, and losing Knox would be the last thing to completely shatter her all over again.

"I'm going to set your nose, first. It's going to bleed. A lot." She takes out two tampons and holds them out. "Put these in there as far as they'll fit."

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 1:28:03 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
she hates me and this is a mistake. she's gonna tell sam about every shitty thing you've done because she hates you and you're awful and he's going to leave you too, and then you'll be left alone, really alone, knox, because not even summer will have you anymore. not after what you made your father do to her. 

he exhales, shaking, so very glad that the two of them are exchanging pleasantries. and when he finds it within himself to open his eyes again, he finds that thing in eden's eyes he'd been looking for before. 

pity

and maybe she should pity sam. "he's magic, that's how," knox says, saving sam from any further explanation.

he winces when she pokes him, prods him, and in sam's bed, this close to her, he weirdly has the thought of, remember when we tried to kiss? and it brings a smile to his lips, and it makes him hark a laugh, and it makes him so, so sad

because she looks so tired and so sad, too, and part of that is his own doing. 

it's going to bleed, she says. he's not sure he has a lot of blood left to give. but he nods and mutters, "kinky," because he can't help himself. he has to do something with the tension. 

and he looks at sam like he wants to say something. his fingers curl because he wants something, someone, him to hold onto, but he can't find the will to say it. softly, he looks back at eden, and says, "try not to enjoy this too much."
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 1:35:27 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the introduction goes well and eden doesn't seem annoyed with him. why he worried about making a good impression was because of how highly knox held her. she was important to knox and, therefore, was important to sam.

he followed her over and stood, but when knox looked at him with pleading eyes and itchy fingers, sam immediately moved to take a seat beside him and to take his hand. he didn't have to ask, sam was just waiting for an opening.

he wants to say that he's right there, that it'll be okay, but he just tries to will the thoughts through the air or through their touch. soft caresses along knox' knuckles as he waits, patiently, and keeps his distance.

"if there's anything i can do to help, let me know."

warm water, set the tampons, open them, whatever. whatever was needed, and if she told him things to do, he'd do them, without hesitation.

for knox, anything.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 1:54:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
I'm happy too, I think.

The words ring in her mind as she watches Sam take a seat.

You were happy with Ollie, and look how that turned out. She reminds him in her mind, but she doesn't say anything. Instead, she reaches out and places her thumb against one side of his nose, and her knuckles on the other. "Deep breath, count to five, grit your teeth, and don't bite your tongue." She waits for him to follow her instructions, but she doesn't wait until five to set the bone; she snaps it on three, and it cracks back into place with a sickening grating and crunching noise.

The tampons in his nose pool with blood, but stop about halfway down.

"Great job. Now..." She pulls out a small vial and a syringe, filling it up. "This is local anaesthetic." Eden taps the needle and gets the air bubbles out. Local because I'm not fucking giving you anything stronger, is what she wants to say, but she holds her tongue and pokes the needle into his face three times. Each side of his nose, and one in the tip. "Your nose and cheeks should start to feel numb soon."

She lays the syringe down and clenches her fists to stop the shaking again. "I'm gonna close your cheek up, too." It looks sickening, but she's seen worse at the hospital.

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 2:07:08 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
her eyes betray her. she might be able to hide what's under the surface from sam, from anyone else, probably even her boyfriend, but knox knows. and he's seen that before, not just from her, but every other fucking person that gets this close to him, that comes running when he cries wolf. 

it's disgust and it's frustration and it's a lifetime of hurt, and it's what stays knox's hand when sam puts his near. he thinks, awfully, why won't you take it? why won't you take it when i can't? because where can knox run to now? 

he starts his counting with gritted teeth. it feels worse than it did when it happened and he jerks, bruised ribs aching. his hands raise an inch above and then slap back down onto the bed, curling as every muscle in his body tenses. 

i will kill you, boy. 

he's dizzy by the time eden is poking his face. she knows he wants more, wants something to numb the pain, but she's cruel and she knows what's best for him. maybe sam - but he shoves that train of thought as far away from him as he can. because he won't prove eden right. he won't ruin the boy beside him. 

not like he's done before. 

he lays back again as his face numbs. "nmm, how'doi'look?" he says, with the bloody tampons in his nose and a puffed up, but better looking nose.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 2:13:27 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"....i'm not answering that question."

sam immediately dismisses the question knox asks, face blank. seeing knox purpose to reel away from him has sam, stubbornly, moving to take knox' hand regardless.

you're not alone anymore you dweeb.

he holds his thought to himself, focuses on eden's movements. focuses on how she's fixing him up. maybe he's thinking of different avenues in which he can get all of this for when it happens again...but then again--

"miss eden, when you're finished patching him up," he gives the hand in his a squeeze. get ready for the curve ball knox. "could i have your number? just in case he does this again. it'll be a lot less complicated if i can have direct contact with you instead of relying on him."

somebody get the burn relief.