pity [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 2:42:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Eden squints a bit as she pulls free some surgical sutures and a curved needle. "You look like you got punched in the face. Sit still." She takes his chin in her hand and turns him back towards her, getting a good look at the cut. It’s bad. She grabs some tweezers and gently pulls the layers of muscle, fascia and skin so that they can be sewn separately.

"Tell me if you feel it." His face should be numb enough now that he won’t feel a thing. But sometimes nerve endings had a mind of their own.

With nimble fingers, she starts sewing up the first layer of muscle. It oozes blood, so she packs a bit of gauze into it until she can get it closed. 

As for her number, she looks up to Sam and thinks for a moment. "I’ll tell you my number if you tell me where you really got that IV bag."
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 2:54:10 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
thankful, so incredibly beyond thankful for the hand in his own, for sam's insistence almost makes him tear up again. except, no, wait, that's the pain. the pain in his gut and the lingering ache in his head and just how fucking exhausted he is, being poked and prodded and losing more blood. 

how much of this do i have? he thinks. sam would probably know. eden too. 

he narrows his eyes at her when she very clearly puts him in his place, but there's something sparkling in those beat-down eyes of his. because he's missed her and her dry humor and the way she just doesn't give a shit. 

and it's nice, for a moment, until sam moves in for a low blow. knox makes a disgruntled noise in the back of his throat, mostly because he's at a loss for words, and there's betrayal stinging his features because it's like a slap in the face. 

i don't deserve this. 

"i don't feel anything," he says glumly to her, but his wincing says otherwise. his white-knuckled hand in sam's own, fingers digging, says it too. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 2:58:33 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
knox pointedly being knox about the whole thing has sam frowning. he's likely done something wrong again and he's not sure what to do. does he just, let knox have his fit? will knox get over it? will he run away again? why can't he just run to sam?

eden's dry humor was a reprieve. sam doesn't smile, too worried about the blood loss, and then she asks him about the iv...and he doesn't even hesitate to answer her.

"my gardevoir retrieved it from the local hospital."

he stole it. he stole the ivs, eden.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 3:04:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Which hospital?" Eden murmurs, taking the syringe back up to poke more freezing into Knox’s face. She waits a few moments before continuing, licking her lips as she works, slowly and delicately stitching to create the perfect seam.

One of the things had hired her for — her near perfect stitching after surgery. People rarely had scars when she was done with them.

"Lilycove?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 3:08:53 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"yes, lilycove. where dr. works."

he knew rory, rory suggested his therapy and had helped him heal from the wounds due to the groudon fiasco. he furrows his brows in mild concern, suddenly wondering if the world was a small as he feared it was.

"...you, are employed there, aren't you?"

perhaps the tension in the room gave it away, or the fact that she had nearly guessed with asking what city.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 3:14:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I’ll fill out the paperwork, say it was an emergent house call." Eden sighs softly. "And that I sent your gardevoir there to get it because I had to be here to stop the bleeding."

Essentially, she would lie to her boss. For Knox.

Brought back memories.

Sighing, she pulls the fascia closed and begins a new line of sutures, getting his last layer of skin closed up. "And if it happens again, you come to me first. None of this…" She gestures to their general lack of undress . "Whatever the fuck this is. Don’t listen to him if he says no. Just do it. He’ll get over it." She tells Sam, before pulling off her gloves. "I’d wrap your ribs, but you’d probably find them annoying and just take them off anyway." She sighs, rubbing her eyes tiredly.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 3:21:45 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
eden doesn't stand just yet and sam is thankful, so he stands first and offers to help her stand. it's polite, he's a guy raised by a woman who said to respect others first so they would respect him.

"thank you." he speaks for himself, for knox. because he wasn't sure if she got them from knox because he was, well, knox. which to sam, is fine. he can show gratitude for them as a... thing.

knox hadn't confirmed they were partners, so he wouldn't stretch them that far.

"if there is anything you need, anything at all, don't hesitate to contact me." he went to reach into his pocket but, no pants leave him blinking at his boxer briefs. "i... am so sorry, i've been indecent this whole first impression."

he glances around and finds his wallet, fishing his wallet out and holding out a card to her. his business card.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 3:27:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Okay." Eden looks down at the card, then back at Sam, then down to Knox. She takes a deep breath and tucks the card into her pocket, before looking back to Sam. She licks her lips and nods.

"Keep him hydrated." She glances at Knox again. "Don’t scratch your sutures, and don’t do anything strenuous with your ribs." She side-eyes Sam, gesturing. "Anything." She shifts uncomfortably and pulls out her phone, checking her messages. She lets August know she’s almost done, and then starts to clean up her little tray and tools. "Do you need anything else?"
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 3:33:09 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
"ow." his complaining doesn't get much sympathy. not from the doctor working on his face, and not from the boy who's suddenly invested in establishing a relationship with the doctor working on his face. knox tries to get a few quips in edgewise while they talk, but when nothing sticks and he doesn't get the attention he needs, he sulks. 

"yes, mom," knox says, stopping his tongue before he can proudly declare that he hasn't even slept with sam once. funny how it's really only a brag when it's coming from the likes of him. 

he wants her to stay, wants to ask her about this new job, and about her boyfriend, and about how she's been, even though she looks like shit, but he's selfish. it's easier to let her leave and to let the distance lapse and it's easier for him to be around someone who wants him around. 

so he says, "thank you, eden. i'm..." he pauses and looks at sam, "in good hands."
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 3:36:19 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam holds his said 'good hands' up in mock surrender. his face lacks emotions, stoic and honest.

"good hands which i will be keeping to myself unless the doctor says otherwise. my hands, pointedly, do not roam unless given consent."

he remembers back to their first date, first dinner, when knox mentioned he had roaming hands and sam had taken a second to realize what it meant before being flattered and amused by the notion.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 3:43:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Great." Eden glances at Knox after she’s done packing, and leans forwards, giving the top of his head a light kiss. "Feel better, stupid."

She pulls away and sighs, before turning completely so she can walk away, gesturing to Sam to follow her. "I don’t suppose you can take me home now?" She doesn’t look at Knox again.

It hurts way too much.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 3:48:01 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
knox snorts at sam's comment and then consequently swears under his breath. he's also cursing eden in his head because he knows why she won't give him any real painkillers, but still, this must be considered cruel and unusual punishment. she'd give them to anyone else

and then she leans over and kisses him on the forehead and says that dumb thing that brings tears to his eyes for the millionth time today. and he melts a little bit because for a moment, it's like they're kids again, and all that bad stuff has yet to happen, and everything's okay.

"thank you," he mumbles, but he says it too softly for her to hear.  
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 4:04:45 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
when eden beckons him, he turns to knox and smiles. he doesn't hesitate to lean down and give his stitches a kiss. yes, it's gross. because yes, they were bleeding. but knox can't really feel it, and he knows it'll at least make knox think of something besides how in pain he is emotionally and physically.

on his way toward eden he gave captain a little nuzzle and then followed her as she asked him to. a thought is given and his gardevoir teleports into the room.

"she's telepathic. just think of a spot, take her hand, and she'll take you." his eyes soften and he gives eden a genuine smile, weak, vulnerable. "...thank you, miss eden."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 4:08:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I would die for him. I would literally die. Don’t ever listen to anything he says about not coming to see someone. It’s total bullshit. Yes, he sucks, but I love him and I would do anything for him." Eden frowns, her brows furrowing.

"So tell him to fuck off with his bullshit once in a while, and just accept the help he needs." She takes the gardevoirs hand and closes her eyes.

"And you’re welcome." And with that, she’s gone.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
pity [c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 4:13:21 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
gross. he can't feel it, but he can see a little bit of his blood and some shine on sam's lip when he pulls back after the kiss. knox makes another face because he definitely hasn't learned his lesson and he instantly groans again as his nose echoes leftover pain. the stitches are uncomfortable in his cheek (though far more comfortable than his bone being exposed to air), and they pull every time he moves. 

his instinct is to scratch at them, but he's not going to disobey eden two minutes after she's walked out the door. 

and it has been a bit, hasn't it? he strains to hear whatever they're talking about out there. she's telling him how it won't last and he's just like everyone else and how he's gonna end up just like ollie

he hasn't thought about that trainwreck in a minute. 

he coos softly and captain clambers up closer to his chest. the mouse pokemon snuggles into him as he pets her in an attempt to soothe his anxieties away.