murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
TRADITIONAL (伝統的) MELODY
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 12:26:01 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]
Michiko Maeda, civil servant and Gym Leader (technically) of Petalburg City, searched through her purse outside the Hoennian-style building with an expression of growing alarm.

“Eh?? Oh no… the key… I will find…”

The little woman patted down the sides of her oversized handbag, realizing suddenly that she couldn’t remember where she’d put the key ring. Hadn't Mickey taken the car today?

“I will call my husband! Melody, I am sorry… there is no excuse!” Michi burst out suddenly. She bowed repeatedly to as she pulled out her cell phone, swiping past her cartoon Applin Lock Screen and going into her contacts. “Maybe, we have to gym battle outside… ah, but it looks like it will rain…”

One phone call later, Michi’s frayed nerves seemed mostly intact again as she let out a sigh of relief. She turned to Melody and announced “He will bring the key!”

She put her phone away, a silly picture of her husband closing out on screen from the ending call. She wondered if Melody had noticed. “I hope it is OK,” she ventured, hands clasping together. “Maybe while we little wait, you can show me your Pokémon!”

The little woman seemed to brighten at the idea, wondering what beautiful and stylish Pokémon the Sootopolis Gym Leader had decided to bring along.

[newclass=.michi b] color: #c58d35; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
TRADITIONAL (伝統的) MELODY
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 5:07:09 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","melody"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

Melody was PARTICULARLY excited to hang out with michiko! She almost entirely forgot it was a challenge! Almost. Melody rushed over to be right on time but it seemed like there was a mix up with the keys. Melody giggled at Michiko's little mix up "It's no worry!" she told her as it really didn't bother her all that much. [break][break]

She asked to see melody's pokemon for herself so she did as ordered, a primarina made a flasy landing and bowed to the gym leader and Melody's lapras slid in a circle and did a similar bowing motion to michiko. "These two are some of my most precious babies!" she said interlocking her fingers at her chest as she was very proud of them both! [break][break]

"Primarina's a total diva, she loves all things girly n pink n flashy." she explains to her. "and Lapras here is much calmer and more reserved than primarina, but she's a total glutton for attention as well, she just doesn't show it as she loves being fancy  and majestic in front of a crowd."

She said petting them both as they enjoyed the weather, melody liked rain too so she didn't mind getting wet, she had to be used to it since she grew up in lilycove and drove boats a lot. "What about you miss michi?" she asked curiously.

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
tagged for @tag [break]
+ I've been up and all over the globe
Tryna find someone special like you
But without you, baby, love don't feel the same

[newclass=".melody"]width:505px; margin:0px auto; background:#2b2b2b; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody"]--accent:#DD9BA9; --speech:#ffa8cc[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .top"]background:url(https://images.contentstack.io/v3/assets/blt731acb42bb3d1659/bltff8b4ae5f4cc8808/5f7d058d3dea860e7be3d93f/00_Header.jpg); filter:grayscale(100%); background-size:160%; height:300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .main"]color:#fff; font:12px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify; padding:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .textbox"]padding:40px 30px 30px; border:1px solid #222;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .icon"]position:absolute; left:32%; margin-top:-150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .icon img"]width:150px; height:150px; border-radius:100px; background:rgba(250,250,250,0.95); box-shadow:5px 5px 5px #222; padding:20px; filter:hue-rotate(20deg)[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .bottom"]background:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; padding:0px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .oocnotes"]margin-right:20px; color:#ffff; font:11px 'Consolas'; padding:20px 0px 10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; border-left:20px solid #fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .oocnotes b"]font:12px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .oocnotes a"]color:#fff!important; font:12px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .pkmnteam"]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-20px; margin-left:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .pkmnteam img"]filter:grayscale(100%); margin:0px 10px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .pkmnteam img:hover"]filter:none; transform:rotate(30deg); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Quicksand|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700|Heebo]
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
TRADITIONAL (伝統的) MELODY
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 14:49:40 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]
"Oh, it is Lapras!" Michiko exclaimed enthusiastically. The little woman's eyes shone as she gazed up at the sleek, oceanic Pokemon. "It is also a famous character in a manga!"

Primarina was also beautiful, and Michi gave an admiring sigh. "Must be nice," she said, "Sootopolis Gym has a lot of water, so big water Pokemon are OK! There is only..." She made a gesture with her arms, "...small pond at my house, so my Pokemon also are small, to be able to fit. Oh, my husband!"

She broke off as a small compact car pulled up on the corner of the city block, driven by a handsome older man with a mustache. She picked up her skirts and hurried over to talk to him through the window before returning to the front of the gym with the keys in hand.

"Thank goodness... we can go in now," she said, sorting through the keyring. Various commemorative keychains chimed and jingled as she finally found the gym key. "Aha!"

Michi unlocked the door, releasing the warm, woodsy smell of bamboo mats and thin paper walls. "Please go in!" she said, ushering Melody inside. "Ah, and please take off your shoes! There is a shoebox..." She hurried to a row of cubbies, neatly setting out a pair of slippers for Melody to wear inside the gym.

Warm yellow lights glowed to life and Michi appeared again, putting on her reading glasses one-handed and struggling to read a map on a piece of notebook paper. "Mm, there is a tatami room gym puzzle," she explained, "But I forget which room is correct to go."

Turning the map around futilely, there was an embarrassed pause.  "Maybe we can go together..."

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
TRADITIONAL (伝統的) MELODY
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 4:37:19 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","melody"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

Oh my god...Michiko was so adorable, she waved to her husband "Hello Mr. Maeda!" since she forgot what his first name was "I hope you're doing well!" she added as Michiko spoke to him, she got to see him briefly during the wedding vows renewal that had a bit of heart swap shenanigans going on. [break][break]

She took her shoes off once Michiko pointed out the shoe box for her shoes. "Ah! Ok! I've not really been in one of these styled buildings in quite some time, they don't really have them in lilycove or Sootopolis." she comments as she admires the traditional style of interior. Michiko was so totally adorable and Melody could literally just not stand it she tried to look at the map but instead Michiko thought it would be better for them to both go together "Ya know what? Sure! Let's go! That sounds like more fun anywho!" she declares as Melody recalls both of her lapras and Primarina. [break][break]

She paused for a second "Theres...theres no surprise booby traps or anything right?" she said turning around suspiciously. Many gyms, especially her own always had little tricks ready for trainers who wanted to challenge the owners.

[attr="class","bottom"]

tagged for [break]

[newclass=".melody"]width:505px; margin:0px auto; background:#2b2b2b; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .top"]background:url(https://images.contentstack.io/v3/assets/blt731acb42bb3d1659/bltff8b4ae5f4cc8808/5f7d058d3dea860e7be3d93f/00_Header.jpg); filter:grayscale(100%); background-size:160%; height:300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .main"]color:#fff; font:12px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify; padding:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .textbox"]padding:40px 30px 30px; border:1px solid #222;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .icon"]position:absolute; left:32%; margin-top:-150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .icon img"]width:150px; height:150px; border-radius:100px; background:rgba(250,250,250,0.95); box-shadow:5px 5px 5px #222; padding:20px; filter:hue-rotate(20deg)[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .bottom"]background:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; padding:0px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .oocnotes"]margin-right:20px; color:#ffff; font:11px 'Consolas'; padding:20px 0px 10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; border-left:20px solid #fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .oocnotes b"]font:12px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .oocnotes a"]color:#fff!important; font:12px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .pkmnteam"]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-20px; margin-left:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .pkmnteam img"]filter:grayscale(100%); margin:0px 10px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".melody .pkmnteam img:hover"]filter:none; transform:rotate(30deg); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
TRADITIONAL (伝統的) MELODY
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 13:35:07 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]
“Traps?!” Michiko exclaimed. Surprise at the question was written clearly across her face. Then she covered her mouth with her hand, hiding a secret smile. “No, there is no traps,” she assured Melody, “If it was true, I would always fall in them… I am a little clumsy.”

That said, she didn’t warn her fellow gym leader about the Normal-Type Pokémon hiding in one of the tatami rooms, ready to attack! If it wasn’t sleeping, anyway.

She’d already forgotten which room the mysterious Pokémon was supposed to be in, and her anxiety showed as the slippered women tiptoed through two tatami rooms without any interference, the soft sound of sliding doors fluttering behind them.

In the last tatami room, however, the Petalburg Gym’s “trap” finally reared its head. “MEW!” squeaked a Skitty as the two women attempted to pass through the final doorway.

“Oh no! It is Charmmy Skitty!” Michi cried with all the acting skills of a parent on Christmas Day defending Santa Claus. “She is named after a famous character,” she added, less convincingly. “But! It is not the same as Hello Skitty. They are different characters.”

“Mew!” Charmmy agreed, turning and trotting away through the open sliding door. Michiko made a soft ahh! sound of distress. “Noo! You are supposed to battle!” the little housewife whispered desperately, chasing after it. It was moments like these that reminded her why she did not like Skitty so much.

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
TRADITIONAL (伝統的) MELODY
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 15:40:32 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","melody"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

She had watched as the petalburg trap master pokemon trotted away. "Cat pokemon will always do as they please. Her name is adorable though!"she joked as Melody grinned at the scene "It at least shows they're comfortable to do as they will around you!" she told Michiko as she tried to console her pokemon doing as she pleased. [break][break]

"Battle huh? Maybe I could motivate her a bit Miss Michiko?" she asked as Melody released her primarina inside the room and the pokemon looked eager to get ready to battle. "Primarina! Icy wind! Minimum power!" Primarina looked back at her in confusion as usually she was told to use all her power. So she looked back at her opponent and let out a small low powered icy wind at Skitty, seeing if the cold wind would upset her enough to battle.

[attr="class","bottom"]

tagged for [break]

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
TRADITIONAL (伝統的) MELODY
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 8:37:01 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]
Michiko returned to Melody's side, looking defeated. "I am not very much a cat person," she admitted, grateful for the other gym leader's sympathy. "It is... so difficult to control..."

When she'd used Charmmy to fight for his badge, the Kitten Pokemon had battled mostly on her own, with little to no coaching from Michi. Maybe she was on good behavior because Matchan was there, Michi thought. She stifled a giggle. I know I am on my good behavior when my husband is around. Or was she...

Fortunately, Melody came up with an excellent plan! Michi clapped her hands, enthralled. "Oh! It is a good idea, Melody! Let's try!" 

They stood inside the main "battle" room of the Petalburg Gym, the surrounding maze of tatami rooms giving way to smooth, lacquered wood that creaked musically underfoot like Oricorio song. The pink blob of the Skitty on the far side of the room was an easy target.

"MWEEP!"

The 'minimum' Icy Wind set Skitty's fur ruffling, blown up completely the wrong way as if tousled by huge, cold hands. Furious (and still sleepy), the kitten Pokemon's tail and legs stiffened. Charmmy whipped around, glaring at the Primarina. She arched her back and hissed.

"It is working!" Michi cried, jubilant. She struck a high-powered pose on the battlefield, her "PETALBURG CITY EMPLOYEE #210441" lanyard whipping behind her in the wintery breeze. "Our true power, unlock! Skitty—" She brought up one hand in a crescent shape, "Heart—" She brought up the other hand, completing the heart, and thrust it away from herself towards Melody and Primarina. "Attack!"

Heart Attack wasn't the best name for a move, which is probably why Skitty used Feint Attack instead. "MEW!" The feline scampered close and sprung into the air, form seeming to blur and reappear at the last moment so she could try and cling to the seal's ponytail and kick at it with her back paws.

"Kick, kick!" Michi called supportively, deeply relieved. "Oh, she is so cute... perhaps, I can be a cat person after all..."

SKITTY was hurt by ICY WIND
SKITTY used FAINT ATTACK

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
TRADITIONAL (伝統的) MELODY
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 5:51:04 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","melody"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

The skitty was so totally adorable, but she couldn't decide who was cuter, was it michiko or the skitty? Both were super cute in their own ways. Hold on wait they're battling! Melody had to focus! [break][break]

There was a feint attack that was honestly so fast and sudden neither Melody nor primarina could react to it in time as she was grabbed and kicked by her ponytail. "Primarina! Quickly! hyper voice!" she ordered as Primarina took in a deep and let out a high pitched screech that almost shook the entire building as Melody covered her ears. She was lucky this move was a sound one, it made for a good attacking move when Primarina couldn't exactly see her enemy cause it snuck up behind her! "How'd ya like that?!" she said with a grin painting across her face as she felt proud of her pokemon's quick tempo recovery.

[attr="class","bottom"]

tagged for [break]

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
TRADITIONAL (伝統的) MELODY
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 1:47:36 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]
Michiko covered her ears as Primarina's Hyper Voice filled the fluttering paper walls, dropping her dynamite gym leader pose. It made her feel dizzy, and a little sick, but she tried hard to compose her expression so as not to embarrass Melody. She didn't want the other gym leader to think she didn't like her Primarina, after all.

In reality, the woman on the other side of the room got the easy treatment. Charmmy Skitty was the one at close-range when the seal opened its mouth, and the sound was devastating. Charmmy tumbled off the water-type's ponytail, her ears flattened to her head and squinty eyes wide with shock and dismay. She tried to battle the Hyper Voice with her own sound-based move--a Sing attack--but the caterwauling was overpowered and she gave up, clamping her jaws shut. Trying to beat the singing seal at her own game was impossible!

Instead, the Skitty flattened herself to the ground like a boneless pancake next to her opponent, hissing. When the sound finally tapered off, she lashed out with a stubby paw, batting at the seal's mermaid-like tail like a cat with a fishy toy. The move was Wake-Up Slap, but who could have slept through that noise? Her brains were scrambled.

Michiko offered no battle support, merely commenting "It is... a little noisy, isn't it?" from across the gym. Why did Pokemon battles always turn out so noisy? "But, it is powerful! It is so amazing," she added quickly. She smiled at Melody, clasping her lanyard nervously.

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
TRADITIONAL (伝統的) MELODY
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2021 6:40:02 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","melody"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

"Sorry about that!"
she said waving to Michiko. "We'll try to keep it down, right primarina? We're used to our concert hall so she goes all out time to time!" she said apologetically as she scratched the back of her head to try and ease some of the awkwardness of Melody's mishap. [break][break]

While Melody wasn't paying attention, skitty delivered a swift and powerful wake up slap! It rocked Primarina's brain pretty hard as she had to take a moment after the attack was over to gather herself again and Melody gave her a command! "Prima! Moon blast!" she said as primarina gathered a ball of energy between her flippers and tossed it at the skitty hoping to connect it. [break][break]

As their pokemon battled, Melody took note of how Skitty knew immediately what to do. Michiko must have spent a lot of time training her pokemon, they were in good sync..or was it skitty leading michiko? Who was melody to even judge regardless of the answer?

[attr="class","bottom"]

tagged for [break]

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
TRADITIONAL (伝統的) MELODY
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2021 3:49:49 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]
"Oh! I understand!" Michi said as Melody reminded her the Sootopolis Gym actually doubled as a concert hall. With that in mind, of course it made sense that Melody would be used to using powerful singing moves. "I want to visit Sootopolis again soon!" she said wistfully. It was a good thing nothing bad had happened there since Rayquaza had attacked the lighthouse and subsequently disappeared. 

Fweeeew!

Michi turned in surprise to see Charmmy go sailing past her in a comet of rumpled pink fur, ears and whiskers streaming as the impact with Moon Blast repelled her from its surface like a reverse magnetic charge. "Ah!" she exclaimed, dismayed, as the cat finally landed on the ground almost on the other side of the gym. She did not get up.

Michi clasped her hands together, turning back towards Melody. "Oh! You have defeated Charmmy Skitty!" she cried, surprise changing into delight and relief. "Ahh, thank goodness. I was worried it would be too difficult..." It was a clear overestimation of the Kitten Pokemon's power, but Michi was so sincere it was hard to fault her.

Part of the Petalburg Traditional Initiative was putting the city's name out there through increased gym and promotional activity, especially to draw beginning trainers just starting out on their journey. If she actually failed to give out a gym badge, especially to an experienced gym leader like Melody, she would create a bad reputation for her city. 

Clasping her hands together, Michi met Melody in the center of the gym. "You are a strong trainer!" she exclaimed, "Primarina is very amazing! Next time, maybe Lapras will fight also." She smiled at the pop idol and gave a deep bow, showing her gratitude and respect.

She straightened up, using both hands to deferentially extend not the Modern Badge, but a neat set of paperwork. "Please complete these forms and the badge will be delivered to your address in 2-3 business weeks," she said earnestly, conscious of the inconvenience but hoping the other gym leader would understand. "Melody... thank you very much. I enjoy my first challenge, because of you. Thank you for your support!"

MELODY HAS EARNED THE MODERN BADGE!
reminiscent of a silver tatami mat, the badge of Petalburg City represents its bearer's commitment to tradition and flexibility in modern times.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,924 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TRADITIONAL (伝統的) MELODY
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2021 4:43:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: