uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 14:56:40 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
the text hit him out of the blue but he had no issues with dropping everything he was doing just so he could see her again. not that he had much to do regardless. he spends most of his days off either training, cleaning (new!), or gaming.

and on the rare few occasions, actually helping out his dad.

with a tuxedo he rented last minute, he approaches her home, taking a moment to glance around to take it in before finally knocking on the door.
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 16:22:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

While the house is no seafront building, it rests near the shore, not too far from the main streets of Mossdeep yet at a much quieter spot. It’s small: two stories and a balcony that is bound to have a nice view of the ocean if not obstructed by stores and other homes. There isn’t much of a garden, and there are no flowers leading to the front door, but it’s nice, neat, and spotless too.
[break][break]
There is a certain peace about it, even if that peace vanishes the moment Sol opens the door.
[break][break]
An eager Houndour greets Uri, wagging her short tail and barking at him. Behind her, Sol sighs, rolling her eyes.
[break][break]
”Hey… Try not to let her out. You can come in, I’ll just take a moment.”
[break][break]
With that, she retreats farther into the room, the scarlet fabric of her dress billowing behind her.
[break][break]
It’s not as if she has much left to do, but house chores has taken longer than expected, and at least fixing up her hair would be nice before they make their way to the observatory.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 16:39:14 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
uri isn't often lost for words but when the door opens, he quite literally cannot find the words to say to her, because she looks beautiful.

so he nods, watching her retreat farther into the room only to be pulled back to reality by the pawing at his leg.

"oh shit, right."

he bends down to greet the houndour, giving her scratches behind her ear before closing the door behind him. left to his own, he kneels down to give the houndour his full attention, even going so far as to talk to her in a very cute voice.

"hello there. my name's uri, what's yours?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 17:21:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

The Houndour’s only response to Uriah’s words is a bark, happily accepting the attention he gives her. Not all that far from the front door, a Houndoom watches them while lying down on a dog bed, his sharp fangs being shown off with a tired yawn. And lying down cuddled up next to him? A sleeping Skiddo.
[break][break]
Sol herself pays none of this any mind, the presence of her pokémon all too familiar and mundane to her.
[break][break]
Calmly, she makes her way to the downstairs bathroom, every step of her high heels loud against hardwood floors. Thanks to them, she looks even taller than usual, a whole five inches having been added to her height. She also pays this no mind, for it’s also mundane enough.
[break][break]
”Her name’s Hyrrokkin, she’s a new pup so we haven’t done much training. The Houndoom is Logi.”
[break][break]
The door is left open, because she will only be making use of the mirror.
[break][break]
”How’s traffic? There usually isn’t this amount of people coming to Mossdeep.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 17:49:44 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
after doting the houndour with affection, uri finally stands back up to take in his surroundings. he quickly stops by the houndour, and more importantly, at the sleeping skiddo next to him.

"holy shit. your skiddo is adorable."

briefly, he contemplates moving towards skiddo but decides against it when he sees sol walk back down.

again, he's at a loss for words.

and it takes him a little too long to answer her question.

"oh. yeah it's alright, nothing too bad. still better than slateport by miles."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 18:11:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”See? I told you so.”
[break][break]
There is a slight smirk, but her attention remains on getting ready to leave – a brush running through long hair that she doesn’t bother to tie up this time. The dress is of a darker shade of red, and her shoes are as well, even her make up carrying shades of crimson and scarlet.
[break][break]
It makes her eyes stand out. That lavender gaze that falls on Uriah once again the very moment she returns.
[break][break]
”I doubt anything is ever as bad as Slateport, I still don’t know how you can live there.”
[break][break]
A short pause, watching him.
[break][break]
”You look nice.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 18:30:52 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
shifting his gaze away from skiddo, he meets sol's as she steps back into the room, looking gorgeous as ever.

her compliment catches him off guard, as does everything else, really. he peers down at his tuxedo.

"th-thanks. it's a rental."

why did he say that...

with a sigh, he looks back at her.

"sol, you look...beautiful. like, holy shit."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 2:05:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

He’s being awkward.
[break][break]
Why? Because he’s nervous? Because she looks different than usual?
[break][break]
Sol used to do these sorts of things a lot: wear an expensive dress, put a lot of care in her hair and make up, get glammed up in the proper sense of the word. But, that was a long time ago. Back when she would go to high society gatherings and parties to accompany her mother, back when her family was still a family, back before the war.
[break][break]
Sol will always care a lot about her personal style and “looking nice”, but things are different now.
[break][break]
How long has it been since she has dressed up like this and gone to a formal event?
[break][break]
This is a question which she’d rather not answer.
[break][break]
”Thanks, it’s not a rental."
[break][break]
A smirk, always being ever too easy to fall back into teasing him.
[break][break]
”Ready to head out?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 4:20:06 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
the tease actually helps snap him out of whatever awkwardness he's in. he chuckles, accepting it with ease as he nods.

"i left my suit back in canalave, okay."

probably for the best, too, as that particular suit is years old and definitely hasn't been washed since. it sits in his closet, left to be forgotten.

at her question, he smiles, reaching for the door before pulling it open for her.

"after you."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 5:36:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Why do I have a feeling that was probably for the best?”
[break][break]
As fond as she may be of teasing him, it’s nice to see him acting closer to what he normally would, Sol allowing herself to smile just so barely before turning her attention away from him.
[break][break]
”Give me a second.”
[break][break]
After all, she can’t leave without saying goodbye to her beloved pups, can she?
[break][break]
Crouching down by the dog bed, she pets the Houndoom that gladly wags his thin tail in response, a few gentle pats even being given to the sleeping Skiddo – with care not to wake her when doing so.
[break][break]
”Keep an eye on the house, Logi. I’ll be back soon. You behave yourself too, Hyrrokkin.”
[break][break]
A chuckle, and a gentle kiss being placed at the Houndour’s forehead when she approaches. While not particularly sweet or affectionate in tone, the way she talks to her pokémon is calm, gentle, and even warm, lacking the usual harshness and frigid nature of her words.
[break][break]
Once all this is done, Sol stands, smoothing down the fabric of her dress.
[break][break]
”Alright, let’s go.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 5:52:40 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
the way sol interacts with her pokemon is cute, adorable, and he finds himself watching her as he appreciates the moment. it's sweet to see this side of her that she rarely shows, and he's grateful to be able to.

like usual, he falls just a little bit more.

"bye, logi! hyrrokkin!"

he offers them friendly waves as the door closes behind them.

"so i did my research and it's only a short walk away, so..."

extending an arm out towards her, he smiles.

"wanna walk it?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 6:23:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

While the thought of leaving her pokémon alone at home bothers her slightly, she knows they’ll be just fine. She has made sure of it, after all, and at least it’s not all of them that she’s leaving behind.
[break][break]
Even now, when dressed the way she is, there are still a couple of pokéballs in her sparkling clutch, because Sol will never be one not to be ready in case something were to happen.
[break][break]
”Yeah, walking should be fine. It’s not far from here.”
[break][break]
She takes the time to lock the door, and once this is done, she does indeed gently hold onto his arm – a single perfectly manicured hand resting upon it.
[break][break]
”Left from here, in case your research didn’t tell you that much.”
[break][break]
A smirk, remembering how oblivious about directions he can be.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 6:58:32 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
uri looks right if only because a car further down the road honked, so he pouts when his gaze returns to her.

"i knew it was left."

but he chuckles all the same, nodding as he starts down the path left.

it's crowded for the most part, and knowing how much she hates crowds, he purposefully leads them off to a smaller road, less known, but still one that'll lead them to the observatory.

again, he did his research.

"you really do look beautiful, by the way. i like the dress."

and everything else, really.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 7:31:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

They don’t take the main road, and if only for a second, brows are raised when realizing they won't.
[break][break]
Maybe Uri did his research after all, and if so, Sol is thankful for it, because a crowd definitely isn’t something she would have enjoyed.
[break][break]
This is better.
[break][break]
This is quiet, and peaceful, and nice
[break][break]
Even if he feels the need to give her unnecessary compliments.
[break][break]
’You really do look beautiful.’
[break][break]
Is she beautiful?
[break][break]
Sol would like to agree, but it’s difficult to do as much.
[break][break]
”You do? Thanks, it’s a nice dress. It’s been a while since the last time I wore it.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
out of the blue (dream)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 7:40:05 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"yeah! definitely."

of course he likes it. what is there not to like?

"it's been a while since i last wore something this nice as well. can't even remember what the last time was."

probably some fancy party or fundraiser had organized. he tends to skip them as much as he could, given how much he hates smooching up to people for their money.

his arm lowers if only so his hand can slip into hers.

"thanks for inviting me, by the way."