murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
MODERN (今日的) ROWAN
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 1:43:42 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]

PHOTO REEL (5)

Michiko waved at when she saw him, lowering the sign with his name she'd been holding. "Hello!" she exclaimed. There was a swish of frizzy hair as she bowed to the young man and then straightened up again. "I am Michiko, please call me Michi! I hope today will be fun for you..."

The smell of bus exhaust was thick in the air, making her lightheaded, but Michi was eager to share in a tour of her city with a curious foreigner. She had been looking forward to promoting the open-top bus tours in Petalburg City for a long time!

"Here is your ticket, and camera!" Michi said, offering Rowan a disposable camera from the city. The bus tour was free for Gym challengers, partially to promote the city itself, partially because the city hoped to capitalize on amateur photography for their latest line of brochures. Speaking of which... "There is a map and pamphlet, also... ehh?... where did I put it..."

Beep beep! Michi almost dropped her handbag. "Ah, time to go!" she exclaimed, looking up at the bus. The little woman gestured frantically for Rowan to go first and choose a seat for himself and his Prinplup. 
WELCOME TO PETALBURG CITY, ROWAN!

You have been given a disposable camera with (5) photos. During the bus tour, you may attempt to photograph an available Pokemon by rolling (2) dice to line up the shot. The perfect shot is 50 | 50!

[newclass=.michi b] color: #c58d35; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
MODERN (今日的) ROWAN
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 0:08:13 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Hello!” Rowan smiled and offered a wave to as he approached the designated meeting location for the Gym Challenge, Prinplup at his side. “I’m Rowan and this is Mistral.” He nudged Mistral slightly, prompting them to wave as well. “Nice to meet you, Michi.” The idea of not needing to battle for the challenge was more than welcome for Rowan, especially after the fatigue of both the Hoenn Star Tournament and the attack on Sootopolis. It was nice to just take some pictures and enjoy the day.

“Thanks!” Rowan rushed aboard the bus with Michiko, taking a seat and making room for Mistral to sit beside him. “Hey, Mistral. Say cheese.” He raised the camera to his face and snapped a shot of the utterly annoyed looking Prinplup, still in the awkward teenage years that hated having their picture taken. “Could have at least smiled.” Rowan teased, slipping a hand into his bag and offering his companion a poffin for the trouble.

2Ed6UYjM

·
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
MODERN (今日的) ROWAN
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 1:35:55 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]

PHOTO REEL (4)

The little woman hurried onto the bus, clasping her hands together when she saw the enthusiastic young man already taking a picture of his Prinplup. "It is nice to have a souvenir!" she exclaimed, setting her handbag down in the row in front of Rowan and taking a seat at the window herself. "This is Petalburg City Hall! It is not so special," she admitted, "Sometimes, I go to work here." Between the Visitor's Center and filing paperwork for the city, Michi kept herself busy.

The bus began to move, turning between tall, polished buildings and making its way towards the freeway onramp. "Downtown Petalburg was not so..." Michi made a futile "tall" gesture towards the fourteen-story buildings, "...when I was a child! There were only rice fields. But this is only a small area."

She continued to point out little cafes and recommended a local hostel as the bus made it onto the onramp and merged up and over the city, providing a spectacular view of the ocean. "Ahhh! Isn't it nice?" Michi sighed. "This is Petalburg Harbor, to the right."

Wingull perched in rows along the railing, and a cluster of bright blue Cramorant stood at the edge of a pier, their wings half-spread and drying in the sun. "Across the bay you can visit the Seaside Park!" Michi explained, flipping to a page in the tour pamphlet to show Rowan the fields of starry, pale blue blossoms in the spring. "There are many flowers, and an aquarium also! It is good for weddings, I think." 
> WINGULL
> CRAMORANT
> PRINPLUP
> SKIP

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
MODERN (今日的) ROWAN
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 22:43:10 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I’m surprised I haven’t been to Petalburg City until now, to be honest.” Rowan admitted with a sheepish grin, never having found much reason to visit the metropolis until now. “Only rice fields?” Amber eyes shifted towards the windows once more, attempting to imagine the sprawling buildings replaced by humble farmsteads. There was something nostalgic about that, even though he never experienced such a thing himself. Perhaps simpler times were just more appealing than the chaos that was his current life, thanks to Team Rocket.

“You hear that, Mistral? The harbor is coming up.” He nudged the Prinplup, hoping to jolt some excitement out of them with the promise of water. “Oh, a Cramorant!” One of the Pokémon native to his home region and one he hadn’t seen since leaving. Rowan grabbed onto the camera and raised the device up once more, snapping a picture of the Cramorant choking down some sort of aquatic Pokémon with vigorous intent.

“W-wedding?” He faulted, assuming the comment was directed towards him even though there was no possible reason it could have been. Projecting, much? “Oh, that looks really pretty.” A smile crossed his lips as he looked at the fields of flowers, finding them to be rather beautiful.

zTSy7LPD 
·
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
MODERN (今日的) ROWAN
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 1:41:46 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]

PHOTO REEL (3)

"Yes! The weddings are very beautiful!" Michi said enthusiastically, warming to her favorite topic. She'd married her husband in a chapel, as was tradition, but at least one of their many vow renewals had occurred at the Seaside Park. The park mostly attracted tourists, but it was still a beautiful place to visit on a nice day.

The bus continued past the cluster of Cramorant and across the bridge, stopping at a toll booth before proceeding along the coast. A thin strip of manmade beach took up the right side of the highway, while the left was taken up by a huge, copper-topped arena. 

"We are passing Yahoo!PetalDome," Michi said, pronouncing the name completely sincerely. "There are many baseball games there! Oh, you can see the players!" Michi pointed, drawing Rowan's attention to a group of players in white-and-yellow uniforms. "Do you know? Our home team is the Petalburg Pelipper! They are a strong team. Last year, they won the KJHS Tournament," she said, referring to the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh Baseball League.

The men were laughing, practicing their pitches towards a catcher Machamp in a similar jersey. The fighting-type was wearing two pairs of baseball gloves and seemed to have no trouble catching the missiles and hurling them right back. Off on the sidelines, a group of people in Pelipper mascot costumes seemed to be coordinating a cheer practice.

The bus paused at a traffic light, allowing them more time to watch the team practice and potentially snap photos. "This team has the most mascot characters in all of Hoenn!" Michi piped up brightly, showing Rowan another page in the pamphlet with a group of 7 posing, anthropomorphized Pelipper people.

"There is the Pelipper Family! Paul is the main mascot, but that is his girlfriend, Penny. She is not his wife," the gym leader explained, lowering her voice. She gave a secretive giggle. "His wife disappeared... but their children are still OK! There is Paula, Perry, and Patrick. And Pappy, grandfather." Michi pointed them out individually. "Also, they have a pet. This is Pelli-kun." That one was just a real Pelipper with a dog collar. Michi beamed. "Which do you like?"

> MACHAMP
> PELIPPER
> PRINPLUP
> SKIP

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
MODERN (今日的) ROWAN
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2021 21:55:38 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I didn’t know that, actually.” Rowan had never been very invested in sports, but he had a soft spot for Pelipper, especially since he was so close with his own. Amber eyes were averted when the Machamp came into view, finding the wound to still be too fresh for him to handle.

Luckily, the fighting-type wasn't the focus for long. Michiko drew his attention towards the mascots, as colorful and distracting as they were. “Yeah, wow. That’s a lot of mascots.” He wasn’t expecting them to have a whole backstory, especially with a suspiciously missing wife. “She...disappeared?” Oh yeah, Paul definitely killed her because he was having an affair with Penny.

“Pappy is pretty great, but I have to say that the name 'Pelli-kun' won me over.” Rowan raised the camera and took a picture of the Pelipper in the dog collar, finding them too hilarious to not be immortalized on film.

·
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
MODERN (今日的) ROWAN
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2021 17:55:22 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]

PHOTO REEL (2)

Michi was pleased that Rowan seemed to be enjoying the many baseball mascots of Petalburg City, but the greatest sights were yet to come. It was several streets past Yahoo!PetalDome before the jewel of of the city came into view, the modern beacon: Petalburg Tower.

"Look! You can see it!" Michi exclaimed, pointing over a row of convenience stores and Hot Pot restaurants towards the sleek, angular shape rising above the bay. "At night, it is lit up with many different patterns! Because now is September, the pattern is..." Michi flipped through her pamphlet, "...Moon-Viewing! Ah! Of course! Now, I remember." 

The picture showed the tower illuminated in a deep blue lights with a series of LED panels entirely filling one tapered side, a white full moon rising towards the peak with the traditional Umbreon symbol curled comfortably at its center. "You should come back in the evening. It is very beautiful," Michi said wistfully.

The bus had turned and was headed closer to the tower, and it became even more beautiful up close. Near the base, where many tourists and sightseers were wandering, a large, shiny Pokemon was handing out pamphlets next to several smiling city workers.

"Oh, this Pokemon is PeTa! It is another mascot character," Michi explained, gesturing with an open hand towards the Duraludon. "There are many mascots because children think they are cute, and goods are easy to make!" That was the city's theory, anyway. She showed off a goofy 'PeTa' keychain she had clipped to her phone case. 

The bus made a loop around the central tower area, where colorful Magikarp jumped from the fountains on either side of the square. People laughed and shied back occasionally as they were caught off-guard by the rogue Splash attack, grateful for the relief from the heat.
> DURALUDON
> MAGIKARP
> PRINPLUP
> SKIP