thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 10:51:50 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"lulu."

his tone is warmer than usual if only because of what he carries over his shoulder. he swings the cylinder-like bag around and shows it to her. it's accompanied by a soft smile.

"chess?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 4:51:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her door was open, and Djall was very fast asleep. Maybe she’d been expecting someone else. The sound of her name caused a pen to idle over paper, the notes on it jotted down feverishly from a sore wrist—never digital.

She might’ve been annoyed at being interrupted, but the work day had stretched so many months long by now that any reason for a break was interesting.

Her face was stone, not breaking a smile just yet, though she felt it in her cheeks.

After a moment, the pen was set down.

“Only if you’re any good, Beckett.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 4:58:46 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the invitation is as good as any.

he steps in, quiet in his movements as he'd much rather not disturb a sleeping djall. the door closes behind him before he makes his way over to her desk, unzipping the bag as he sits.

"how's work?"

idle small talk to pass the time as he begins setting up the board.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 5:28:09 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Must’ve considered himself good then. She’d be the judge of that.

How’s work?

“Always there.”

The notes were moved out of the way for the board and into a drawer. Djall never awakened, even as his paw fell from the slight roll of her chair.

“You know, you should really email me. I’m a busy person.”

There was vague humor somewhere, maybe. Her face was still dry.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 5:37:21 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]for once, he picks out the vague humor and returns one of his own.

"as am i."

it's disguised as the truth, for he really is a busy person. they both are. and yet here they are, playing chess.

the board is set up, the pieces are in position, and with a simple gesture, their match is about to begin. he offers her the first move as white.

"whenever you're ready."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 6:05:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
As he was.

He gave her the pieces for the first move. Without words, the ivory body of a pawn moved as far as it could into space.

She glanced up at him, in unrelated thought. Everything was odd.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 6:18:41 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he leans forward, resting his elbow on his thigh as he almost scrutinizes the board and pieces, watching her move the pawn with assuredness.

his own pawn moves to meet hers, stopping both their paths.

it's then that he glances up at her, meeting her gaze for a brief moment before returning to the board.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 6:54:56 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
This early, she didn’t calculate too much. Waited to see what might fall into place. She was quick enough in her moves, but still seemed somewhat lost in distant thought.

She thought of Rinc.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 7:02:15 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]in contrast, he remains focused, in the present, and in the moment. he moves his pieces slower than she does, as though he has to reacquaint himself with them.

he glances up at her again, brief.

"something on your mind?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 7:32:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
More pieces moved. Her fingers guided them easily, despite lack of practice.

Her thoughts scattered like a disturbed school of fish at his question. She shifted in her chair.

”Hm? No, just a bit tired.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 7:49:50 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"not an excuse for later, surely?"

more humor escapes, finding little resistance where they once would've.

his knight advances to an ideal position but it's one he expects her to have led him to.

"check."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 12:24:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
the dance became more calculated as it progressed, but she was confident with her selections. the king moved out of the way, further luring.

her brow furrowed a little.

”later?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 12:45:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"later."

the lure is laid out and he chooses to ignore it, advancing another attack off to the side with his rook.

"when you lose."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 13:00:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
the ghost of a smirk passed on her face at his confidence. 

”ah.”

her own knight moved into place.

”check.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 13:08:48 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"hm."

his king moves, ever so elusive.

he taps his finger against the wood of her desk.

"i need your help with something. if you're up for it."

[attr="class","noodles"]