part of
TAG WITH @calla
calla mccoy
fractals [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 0:57:54 GMT
calla mccoy Avatar
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","calla b"]
[attr="class","calla i"]are monsters born or are they made?

an ancient question, one that bleeds between spaces of fluid thought. it echoes in empty corners of a mind and demands to be heard. to be weighed, to be considered, to be solved. begrudgingly, she wonders if she'll ever figure out the correct answer. a particularly heavy footstep snaps a twig and her head is snapping up.

silence surrounds with smothering arms and bony fingers. she's alone - for now, her brain reminds sharply - and if there's one thing she's learned over the years, it's this: silence in a forest is never a good thing.

the gengar at her side is halfway between shadows, sneaking in and out of hers with ease. the ghost enjoys this setting, almost as much as he enjoys their usual happenings. it's not as thrilling but that little flicker of unease in her movements keeps him entertained.

to think, a monster would be unsettled by the thought of what can go bump in the night. a laughable concept, really, considering what she's really doing here in this region.

she's whipping around, then, at the shiver down her spine. if she didn't know better, she'd say someone is watching. and yet, her breath never hitches in her throat with the telltale sensation of overwhelming fear. instead, she turns toward the blanketing darkness of night, an eerie stare of unblinking gold giving her away.

open duo

[newclass=.calla] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.calla b] color: #965A63; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.calla i] text-decoration: underline dotted #965A63; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
fractals [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 9:51:43 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

THE SWISH OF A DEVIL'S FORKED TAIL. . .

"You're a long way from headquarters, grunt," A deep voice calls out from the dark. The fiery red glint of a creature's eyes is the first thing to emerge from those inky depths. One might even believe it was the Houndoom that had spoken as it saunters out towards the woman, its forked tail flicking back and forth.

Before long, however, the actual man behind the voice emerges as well: none other than ADMIN FOX. Donning his usual black cloak and porcelain white mask, he stops just a meter ahead of the woman as his Houndoom encircles her with a smirk. A sniff here... a sniff there... a hungry glance at a living shadow that lurks nearby. Demons ate more than just man-flesh, after all.

"What is your purpose out here, tonight?"

[break]
close tab

played by

nikki

cal
she/her
october 30th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
hunter
grunt
what's got
you so afraid?
2 height
2 height
are monsters made or are they born?
awards
19 posts
calla mccoy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @calla
calla mccoy
fractals [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 22:10:58 GMT
calla mccoy Avatar
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","calla b"]
[attr="class","calla i"]did no one ever tell him foxes and hounds seldom get along? well, except for that disney movie... anyway, moving on!

"is that so bad?" she offers casually. there's an unmoving air to her, a stillness that almost feels unnatural. she blinks, once, and continues her stare. in the shadows of a forest, in the creeping darkness, it's merely the eyes of a wolf that remain.

the ghost at her side snickers, even as his hound begins a dance. she knows this movement, enjoys it even, but there's a fault to the roles: the hunter never wants to be prey. she's more than equipped, sure, but how frowned upon is it to stab an admin's dog?

"call off your mutt. maybe i'll tell you," the flippant remark dances between them, settling nicely into shadows. and perhaps just to further her point, she flashes teeth. of course, it's followed by a glinting blade unsheathed from her thigh but that's neither here nor there.

[newclass=.calla] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.calla i] text-decoration: underline dotted #965A63; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
fractals [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 13:34:08 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

The lack of movement on her part (or much expression, really) cannot hide the telltale gleam of something predatory in the woman's eyes. The admin knew her name and rank, of course. He'd even read the bare minimum she'd given the organization on her background, as well. But was untested; unverified. Admin Fox preferred to personally approve anyone working under the scope of his hierarchal umbrella.

Such a tense, lingering pause between her request and his response is enough to spawn deep anxiety and worry in anyone sane enough to care about their personal well-being. Even with a particularly nasty Houndoom encircling her, however, carrying a low and hungry growl in its throat, the woman appears entirely unflinching and unperturbed. And, eventually, the masked man utters the command. "Hier."

Blowing a puff of smoke out from its nostrils, the devil hound breaks its circular route and saunters back to its master's side. Once there, it sits on its hind legs and patiently awaits the next command, staring down the red-haired woman and sparing a few glances at that living shadow from before whenever it appears. The admin, in the meantime, notes the glinting blade on her thigh with an obscured smile.

He could go for a dance, he thinks. Then again, this errand was still being run under the pretense of business, not pleasure. At least for now.

So he looks up at her again.

"Well?"

[break]
close tab

played by

nikki

cal
she/her
october 30th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
hunter
grunt
what's got
you so afraid?
2 height
2 height
awards
19 posts
calla mccoy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @calla
calla mccoy
fractals [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2021 21:06:14 GMT
calla mccoy Avatar
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","calla b"]
[attr="class","calla i"]the hound backs away. called off, perhaps for the better. she was one minor inconvenience away from making puppy chow...

the ghost snickers, the only sound that resonates on her side of the field. her knife is ushered back into its holder without a word. there's no threat here. not for her, anyway.

"hunting," she murmurs, then. her eyes don't turn to him, however. instead, she focuses on the dog he keeps on a tight leash. funny enough, she likes this hound. it stares at her, unwavering, and she returns the favor. perhaps there's even a hint of something other than violence in her eye. better yet, maybe it's just the lighting.

and when her eyes finally do return to the masked fox, the circles almost seem to move.

"i didn't ask for a babysitter."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
fractals [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 22:55:26 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

The fox scoffs, stepping forward to close the gap between himself and the untamed grunt. His black cloak trails behind him with a dark flourish, carried by the forest breeze that sweeps through with a gust of leaves in its wake. Stopping just a foot ahead of the red-head, he slightly tilts his face sideways, as if examining the woman for tells for a moment before speaking. "You're in no position to ask for anything. Not yet, anyway."

His Houndoom patrols the perimeter as they talk, keeping his snout to the ground and the brisk night air. Regarding his canine for a moment, the fox poses a question: "Ever wonder why Houndoom lack any visible ears?"

[break]
close tab

played by

nikki

cal
she/her
october 30th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
hunter
grunt
what's got
you so afraid?
2 height
2 height
awards
19 posts
calla mccoy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @calla
calla mccoy
fractals [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 4:30:09 GMT
calla mccoy Avatar
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","calla b"]
[attr="class","calla i"]it'd be so simple to slash, to watch pretty warm liquid pool onto grass. stain everything as red as her hair...

fingers twitch at the thought. the curling hilt of her knife sits idly against the skin of a thigh. a cold metallic reminder of her favorite activity left to fester like a wound. it itches just the right spot in her brain.

and he makes it easy when he approaches, when he stops just a foot in front of her. she can't quite drag her eyes away from where blood thumps in the jugular. the pulse point is hidden but maybe if she listens close enough, she could hear the rush.

"i don't particularly want anything from you, sir," the tone doesn't match. it's sugary, a sweetness she doesn't typically use for anyone besides . and yet, the face that stares back at porcelain is void: crawling eyes and hollow cheeks.

he's... asking about dogs?

while she actually loves hounds (they're cute), her patience is nonexistent. did it even have a pulse to begin with?

"no, i didn't."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
fractals [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2021 9:09:09 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

The flat smile on his face might actually match the one on his mask for once. For all her sharpness and attempts at intimidation, could do nothing to dissuade him of the fact that she was hungry. Exactly for what remained to be seen. Though the slight imprint of a blade against her thigh gave him a clue to at least one thing he had that she might want to revel in: namely, his blood.

The fox knew what dangerous game he'd been playing at when he'd drawn closer. Frankly, a part of him wished she would try it.

"Well, the creatures that preceded what we now know as Houndoom were once said to be vicious, untamable man-killers," He responds, his tone neither rushed nor nervous in the face of her impatience. Dark, obscured eyes continue to watch the swish of his canine's tail nearby. Though they shift to look at her as he continues. "While their prey evolved to better themselves with intelligence and survive, however, those hounds of old remained stagnant. And, as resources became scarce, they became pitiful, raw-boned scavengers..."

He calls his Houndoom over with a short whistle, and it heeds the command promptly. A gloved hand reaches down to scratch it below its chin. There's a low rumble in its throat as it enjoys the gesture, its eyes dropping to a half-lid while the cloaked man continues. "Eventually, the species it once considered 'prey' became the very catalyst for their own evolution. Though it certainly did not come without a cost..."

The scratching stops and, instead, that gloved hand holds the Houndoom's chin up, the fox exhibiting his canine's head (and lack of ears) as though it were a creation of his own. "The cost of survival: genetic fashioning to become a better tool for a superior species."

[break]
close tab

played by

nikki

cal
she/her
october 30th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
hunter
grunt
what's got
you so afraid?
2 height
2 height
awards
19 posts
calla mccoy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @calla
calla mccoy
fractals [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 2:58:20 GMT
calla mccoy Avatar
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","calla b"]
[attr="class","calla i"]he... really goes into a full depth explanation.

her attention span abandons the conversation within moments and the end result is a dissociative state. eyes gloss over, vision becoming double, and any thought in her mind just dissipates. the blankness to her facial structure is so natural, so welcomed... it's almost as if there's no change.

and yet, eerie eyes are dead.

centipedes cease their incessant crawling. gold settles into muted tones. and if she were a clock, there would be not a tick or a tock.

the whistle, while meant for his mutt, snaps mind back into body. almost akin to a windows start up, she comes back to life with a soft inhale.

"fascinating," comes flat, bored, biting.

void and detached follows until she's nothing more than a husk of something new, better, transformed. and the real question would perhaps be simple: what has she become?

the answer is not quite as simple.

girl becomes prey. then predator and bloody until finally... monster. and how should monsters feel beside nothing at all? there's a foreign beat in her chest.

she associates it with another life, another face, another time.

"you've chosen to deliver a speech on hound evolution because...?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
fractals [dw]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 20:10:39 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Her indifference— or, seemingly, absence of mind— does not go unnoticed. She's like the delinquent teenager who'd always sat at the back of class, arms and legs crossed in a petulant act of defiance. It's cute, if not a little weird in this circumstance.

But the bite in her voice afterwards doesn't deter him from smiling. The Fox scoffs briefly, however, when he realizes she's failed to understand the moral of his story. "Because I'm a hound enthusiast, what can I say," He answers, stopping just a few feet in front of her with his back turned. Peeking over his shoulder with the dark and hollow eyes of his mask, he adds: "I can appreciate a good bitch."

His Houndoom sinks back into the darkness of the bush with a low growl. Suddenly, like a page torn straight out of a Lovecraftian novel, the forest comes alive like a mass of writhing black tentacles. They stretch into the sky, writhing and wriggly, nearly blotting out the light of the moon entirely as sound becomes a fragmented fraction of reality. "You're hungry, right?"

[break]