awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 23:28:26 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Getting into the shower was tricky, but how the hell did Alexei manage it without falling over he’ll never know. Getting dressed was easier, since he’d already worked out a system for it.

Now the question was—

Since Mattie had offered for them to get something to eat, where exactly were they going to go? Knowing that they couldn’t go too far away from the Gym just in case something bad came up.

So there he was, just throwing on a shirt and a jacket rather than getting all spiffed up and looking normal.

Because they were looking for food.

Thank fuck there were some all-nighter restaurants open around Fortree this late.

Only thing is, it was like—something had changed between them.

And he was certain what had caused it. The only thing he wasn’t sure of was why the bluenette was keen on leaving it alone?

Could this get any more #awkward than it already was?!

the all-nighter that followed in the aftermath of cheep cheep because we like continuity

@mattis
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 2:39:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Mattis avoided any and all conversation the lead toward the dream or what had happened that night. And he was sure that Alexei knew by now that if he even hinted toward something pertaining to it, he would quickly change the subject. Because his ability to talk about it was next to none right now.

He was trying to maintain everything else normally, but he could feel the tension between them that had not been there before. And he knew he was creating it.

He was blaming everything because of their time in the sauna. Matt had thought that it was all a one time thing. Why was he so cooped up in thinking about it? It was so frustrating.

Matt left his room, dressed in a simple shirt and shorts. He was more willing to let his pokemon wander around the sanctuary now than he had been before, so Arkose was laying on the floor waiting for him. The wolf gave him a look. "Stop giving me that look," he shot back at him.

"Alexei! You ready?" he called.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 5:49:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Admittedly he wanted to talk more about it, because him and his overthinking mind was doing shit once again. It was—for lack of a better term, that bad.

Maybe he did overthink and obsess over certain things too much. This happened to be one of those times he tended to overanalyze, after all.

Was he daring to hope too much?

He’d noticed that any and all mention of the subject at hand, in particular anything that involved the shared dream was immediately skated over and boy, he was…

He just wanted certainty on everything that had happened, okay! Was that too much to ask?

And then he remembered that one steamy…evening…they shared in Lavaridge.

Was it really still a game of ‘chicken’ anymore? Or was there—something more

“Yeah, one sec,” he called out, grabbing his wallet and making sure all of the damned bandages were placed on snugly. They… well, one of them was going to be doing a lot of walking, at least.

He finally hobbled out, flinching for a few moments.

“Fuck. I think we need to take the wheelchair.”

the all-nighter that followed in the aftermath of cheep cheep + the spicy sauna threads because we like continuity

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 18:07:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Arkose gave a whining noise, like he was trying to communicate with Mattis. He knew something was up. Mattis looked at him intensely, shaking his head. "Nope. Don't start it. We're not talking about that right now, Ark," he said.

The wolf pokemon huffed again, growling a bit as he stood up and stretched. "You can give me an attitude all night, but it won't change anything."

Matt heard Alexei hobbling about, turning to see him enter the living area. Thank gods he wasn't going to demand to use the cane.

"Well, I was going to suggest it anyway," he admitted, going to get it from the front door. He returned with it so that Alexei could take a seat. "You shouldn't walk on your leg all night."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 18:32:39 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Asides from Carina, who was privy to many things—well, the only other Pokémon who knew something was up was William the Wooloo.

And there he was, little shithead with the tiny crown on his head, bleating in the bluenette’s direction—like there was something up between him and his ‘human’.

The other Wooloo was nowhere to be found, though. Maybe he was sleeping somewhere.

“Will. What are you talking about?” he asked the Wooloo, balancing on one leg while the bluenette got the chair of doom wheelchair and parked it in front him with an absolute finality.

Sixty days, huh?

This was going to be a really long time—for him at least.

Sighing, because he knew the bluenette wasn’t going to agree to go out otherwise unless he parked his ass in the wheelchair, he sat himself down.

“Damn it. I feel like I aged several years,” he began with an attempt at a laugh as the Wooloo accompanied them to the door.

“Will. You’re in charge of the place while I’m out,” he said in the white-wooled Wooloo’s direction before they headed out of his pad.

Before they left, though, several other lupine heads poked around the corner—one of each Eeveelution that Alexei owned had come down from their giant-ass ‘cat tower’ (well, it was a modified cat tower at any rate) to see the ruckus and what the hell was going on.

the all-nighter that followed in the aftermath of cheep cheep + the spicy sauna threads because we like continuity

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 19:19:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Is it wise to leave William in charge?" Matt asked teasingly, earning a baa of protest from the Wooloo. However, they were gone quick enough that he didn't hear any more of the tantrum from the pokemon.

He held the door open so Alexei could get out, making sure the door was locked behind them. "Do you know where you wanna eat?" he asked, putting his hands in his pockets as he waited.

They started toward the end of the building, leaving to the outside world now.

Free from their awkward air inside their rooms.

"I'm really down for anything."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 20:02:31 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Now that they were away from #awkward central and had left through one of the side entrances of the front building of the Sanctuary, he looked up from his phone.

Because that’s what he was doing, browsing through some food reviews.

“I should probably ask you that question since I’m paying for the both of us,” he said as he looked up from the screen. “What’re you in the mood for? All-night barbeque and hotpot grill? I know you’re going to auto-pass on any alcoholic drinks, so…”

He then showed the bluenette the review of the restaurant he was contemplating.

“They also got a lot of meats and other things you can cook on their tabletop grills, if you’re curious.”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 4:10:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Matt shrugged. "You should know by now that I'm not picky with my food." Eating in the wild left you with minimal options. He learned not to complain and eat what he needed to in order to avoid a hungry belly. So in his mind, any food was good food.

"And you know that you don't have to pay for us both, right? I'm not as broke as you think I am," he said with a small sigh.

It was a small joke, but also he did have more money now. Since he returned from his adventures, missions and jobs gave him a better income.

Looking at the phone, Mattis took a pause to look over the pictures of the restaurant Alexei suggested. It sounded pretty good actually. And fun.

"Sure, that sounds cool, actually. I can show you the proper way to grill," he said, smirking as the began to walk again. "How far away is it?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 4:40:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He wasn’t having any of that shit, though.

“Look, you hang onto your money and start building up a nest egg for the future. Hell knows I did that for six years and spare change. I still have a nest egg of savings, although not as large as it was before because you know where most of the money went,” he pointed out.

Thankfully the bluenette wasn’t going to be picky with his food after all. Well, living out in the wild did that so much and limited the diet, so…

“Not too far, a couple blocks down,” he added before he realized that the other was going to—leave him behind.

“Hey, wait for me!” he called out. “Do I gotta move this thing myself?” he went on as he hastily dropped the phone in his lap and began—oh, shit, he was going to have to do this shoving thing one-handed, right?

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 22:04:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Mattis barely heard him talk about building a nest egg, saving his money, blah blah blah. He knew about the basic stuff, but did he really need money to survive. He thought he had proven that he really didn't at this point.

Living in the woods, and all.

"Okay, okay, you can pay," he said, resigning to Alexei's insistence. "As long as I can make up for it some other time." That would be the only way he'd accept this.

Matt really didn't realize he had left Alexei. Sometimes he forgot. "Sorry. I forgot your hand was fucked up too." He came over, pushing him from the back.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 22:07:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The question was, would there be another time—Alexei was going to make sure that there wouldn’t be, because as it was, the bluenette staying to help him during this time period was already payment enough for everything.

Because—that’s what bros do for each other, right? Right?

Alexei had no idea he was drowning in a certain river of denial (and he wasn’t sure if the bluenette knew this as well or was playing the game of chicken once more) before Mattie realized that he had, indeed, left him behind.

“You forgot?” was all he replied, having some difficulty with pushing himself forward with only one fully-functioning hand.

“At least my hand isn’t going to take that long to fix, but yeah…” he trailed off with an embarrassed sort of chuckle.

@mattis
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 3:06:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Mattis pushed the chair for him, slapping his hands away from the wheel. "I got it. Let me push you," he said, pushing him forward at a pace that was quick enough for them both.

They passed several buildings, until one caught his eye.

"This is it, right?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 20:15:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Ow, meanie,” he sassed back as his hand was slapped away from the wheel.

He then looked up at the bluenette as they cruised along until his attention was drawn towards the building they’d stopped at—

“Yeah, that’s it, we’re here,” he nodded, taking a quick look at his phone. “Although, Matt, was the hand-slapping really necessary?”

He chuckled for a few moments, before realizing that—no, would he take the risk and ask him about it over food? Would it cause the bluenette to make a run for it, to run for the hills so to speak?

He pondered, since getting Mattie drunk would be a bad idea…

@mattis
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 1:15:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Absolutely necessary. I was trying to wheel you, but your hands were in the way. I didn't want to run your hands over," he said in defense, nodding his head. "Don't sass me, sir."

Alexei confirmed they were at their location, so he wheeled him through the door.

"Table for two, please."

Since there was only two people being served, it was quick getting a seat. The server removed the chair so Alexei could have a seat there, and Matt sat in the chair across from him, looking over the menu.

"Huh. What all should we get?" He was blissfully unaware of what Alexei was stressing over.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the aftermath [m][c]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 4:31:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Ooh. Excuse me then, sir, for getting in your way,” he snarked back, holding back another peal of laughter.

This was going to be a dinner for the ages, it seemed.

Eventually they were able to secure a table for two, and barring the fact that Mattie was acting like a complete blockhead, the bluenette clearly couldn’t see the panic that was swirling like mad in the back of his mind.

How the hell am I supposed to bring this up?! he kept thinking to himself over and over. If silence was loud, ooh, the gears would be cranking and spinning like crazy.

“You silly,” he remarked as he focused back on the present for the moment, “It’s an eat-all-you-can grill and hotpot restaurant. This is just the—” he trailed off as he looked at the menu and realized that it was the alcoholic drinks menu he was looking at.

“Can’t you smell it, though,” he hummed. “I want to try a bit of everything.”

@mattis