Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 1:04:08 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeboxbl"]

With a REVERSAL the Riolu goes flying back due to Pryde's Hitmonlee. [break][break]

"Is that all you can muster? Get up now," the scientist orders clearly disappointment in the investment he's been making in this mut so far. "It won't hurt as much if you just evolved," he warns before he gives a whistle as Hitmonlee goes in for a BLAZE KICK. Subject A only narrowly avoiding it with a QUICK ATTACK.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a63d6a;[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 7:11:39 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin watches with arms folded, feeling the heat of Hitmonlee's kick as 's Riolu narrowly escapes the impact. His own Lucario matches his dissatisfied air, sensing mood through his aura and subconsciously mirroring it.

It's exactly what Faolan used to do, before...

"You know, it might evolve if you didn't mistreat it."

Gavin finally makes his presence known, pushing off from the wall he'd been leaning against to interrupt the training session.

"I've told you before, certain Pokemon require a strong bond with their trainer in order to evolve."
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 7:22:59 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

The Riolu seems to sigh in some relief when Hitmonlee stops as the snap of a hand. The pup not entirely familiar with their master's commands just yet. But it was a clear sign for rest as another came to the scene with their own Riolu.[break][break]

"I don't mistreat it," Pryde argues back, least not in his head he did, "It just disappoints."[break][break]

Finally the scientist looks back to where the Underboss was, only knowing of another presence thanks to his Rotom but not who it was until he turned. He smiles keeping friendly, "And I believe I said that I don't befriend tools, though perhaps you have give me a bit of aide"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 8:14:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"If it were another species, I might agree with you." Gavin wasn't beyond putting his Pokemon through harsh training, after all. They were trained to kill. "But the Riolu line are sensitive to auras and emotions."

His Lucario closes her eyes, seeming to concentrate as her aura sense pulses.

"It can feel your disappointment."

Just as his own had finally felt the growth of a bond between them, a fondness and affection to bridge the pain left by Faolan's fall.

"It'll want to impress you, sure, but that doesn't make it capable of evolution."

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 8:24:48 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"I am aware, it's why the Lucario line has been used for research," he comments, though maybe perhaps he can't understand. Its the cinnamon crunch cereal conundrum. Scientifically speaking, he understands a lot of the aura and how it works. Though the feelings attached to all of it? A complete foreign language he wasn't interested in learning. [break][break]

"I don't see why it wouldn't, its an affection of sorts it looks to get correct?" blind loyalty? Friendship? In the end it got him what he needed. "But perhaps I should rephrase my eariler question, can you help me find someone who can evolve it?"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 11:03:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He sounds like Father.

That isn't a good thing.

In shedding the shackles of a poor upbringing, Gavin has come to realise that his parents had treated him more like a prized trophy than a son. An object to be bragged about to others but never to praise directly.

"It's not about affection, it's about trust."

It's why the Lucario he'd used in the interim between Faolan's loss and the arrival of his Riolu pup had never quite meshed with him. Because,

"If it comes to trust someone else, it won't want to work with you. That's why I had to train her from a pup," with a flicked wrist toward his Lucario, who flicks her ears in response, "and stop relying on the one I'd received in a trade."

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 11:36:54 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"It can trust that things would be way if it evolved," Pryde comment dryly as he looks to the Riolu that bows it's head. Upset that they couldn't do what their master wanted though the doctor does give the other a look. Clearly the underboss just didn't understand his intentions.[break][break]

"I don't need it to work with me in battle, I just need it for it's Aura reading, none of the ones I currently have been too much of a problem," too much being the keyword there as one or two very much didn't like him. But they also knew the consequences should they disobey.[break][break]

"and my methods of obtaining them have varied from purchasing them to stealing them, so I don't care if it attaches to another"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 11:55:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"They're easily stressed. How do you expect it to perform properly if it knows you see it only as a tool? They can understand us, you know."

The sound that his Lucario makes is suspiciously akin to a chuckle, a growl rasped low in her throat. Gavin gives her a look that conveys a fond exasperation, then turns back to .

"They're a remarkable species whose potential would be wasted without the formation of a proper bond. It took the loss of my first for me to learn as much."

Perhaps Pryde would remember the Riolu that had once accompanied Gavin in the labs, the attentive and quiet pup who'd evolved into a Lucario several months after Gavin had joined Rocket. He hadn't realised it at the time, but his Riolu had evolved because he'd needed its support. Because it had felt the distress through his aura, and had wanted only to help.

His heart aches for Faolan even now; his new Lucario, as yet unnamed, senses the shift in his mood and watches him carefully.

"What do you hope to accomplish with auras? Perhaps we could help."

He inclines his head to his own Lucario.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 12:17:12 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"If they understand then it isn't a hard concept to grasp a child can do it," it's part of how he raised his own children,
And it's part of how he treated his workers in the labs. Make them want to earn his favor by preforming well and if they did well they got positive feed back. It was as simple as that. [Break][break]

He does give a pause as the other mentioned losing their own. Admittedly he had been wondering why they now had a female with him when he definitely recalls the one Having had previously being male. The difference subtle but he was bale to get his position from being able to tell. "My condolences for the lost, and here I just thought you had a new one as a collective," he gives, sounding genuine like he used to be when he tried to be a positive boss. [Break][break]

Though if the new Lucario was attempting to zoom in on his actual emotions she may notice a lack of any actual empathy. For the loss of a pokemon meant what he felt: nothing.
[Break][break]

"I believe I told you when I arrived that 'I'll see what I could do to help you with your experiment problem' and I believe a Lucario's aura reading can be key to that"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2021 5:35:42 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Some children rebel."

It's pointed, but not malicious. He's furious with less so for his betrayal and more so for his refusal to stay out of Rocket's way after the fact. might've been ruthless with his sons but it was no different, in Gavin's mind, from how his own mentors had treated him.

Gavin inclines his head with the offered condolences.

"It gave its life in my defense. I didn't intend for a replacement, but..."

The female Lucario seems pleased by some unspoken notion, but her gaze soon narrows on Pryde as she realises the emptiness behind his words.

"Do you seek to understand the auras of avatars, then? As I understand it, they differ from that of ordinary people. I don't imagine mine is pleasant."

A sharp-edged smile precedes a swirl of miasma from his hand.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2021 11:49:38 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Apples and Oranges Merlino," Pryde comments refusing to make any sort of comparison to the aura pokemon he was collecting to his problem son which he still assumed to be dead. His tone clear that was all he would say on the matter. [break][break]

He just nods his head, seemingly to understand such a loss. Though honestly it just proved his point even more, pokemon... no tools were replaceable. And the female lucario was the prime sample of it. [break][break]

"I do, I have made something that allows me to see the faint hints of what they can see, but it still needs adjustments before I can actually tell the difference between a natural human's and an avatar. Not only that but there seems that some avatars can turn their gifts on and off," when Gavin uses his miasma and gestures to it, "Case in point," he is fascinated by the mist that comes and looks at the underboss as he mentions not having a good one. [break][break]

"Well your avatarship was given to you by a Lugia that was 'poisoned' according to the reports I've read, could have something to do with that?" there were other words that could be used but that seemed to be the one the file had. And Pryde did always go by reports rather than feeling.

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 17:44:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Still a sore subject, Gavin imagines, and for good reason.

He drops it.

"I can fiddle with my power, sure, but I don't think I can turn off my aura. I don't think it works like that." He tilts his head. "You might want to talk to if auras are your area of interest."

That Adrian was an avatar would certainly be known to one of Rocket's head scientists, though Gavin doesn't go into detail about the other's aura-sight. Let ask the relevant questions himself, if he cared to.

His jaw sets with misplaced anger at the mention of Lugia, a sharp intake of breath preceding a slower exhale.

He can feel her fury.

"She's been doing better after being struck by the absorber." Defiled. Disrespected. If she could wipe out every last one— "I've observed no particular negative side-effects on my own front, so if a darker 'aura' is all that comes of it, that's a plus."

He shrugs, indifferent.
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 8:28:17 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Its not a matter of turning off your aura, I doubt that can even be done, but you are able to activate your abilities of your own will," they earlier swirl of miasma was proof of that. And unlike seemed to be something that could be controlled unlike the other's current problem. "Yes, he came to me and Flint for an issue of his, though talking about what he knows of aura I feel will have to come another time."[break][break]

He allows the Riolu's break to continue as the other goes on, telling him of Lugia's condition. Not something he took intertest in though as he mentioned darker aura there is some curiosity there. "Really? So no notice in any change of behavior since becoming the avatar of a corrupted pokemon?"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 15:56:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It pleases him to learn that had gone to Pryde and for aid; though the other was volatile and didn't seem to agree with many of Rocket's methods, perhaps receiving assistance from their brightest minds might shift his favour.

Better that than to have the other turn on them, for it would likely mean trouble with as well.

Pryde's next question sees Gavin hesitate.

Ordinarily, he'd have insisted that no, there were no changes in behavior. He was fine. He was always fine. But they were both men of science, and what better person to explore these abnormalities with than the objective head scientist?

"No extreme negatives," he amends, "but she has an effect on my mood. I can... feel her emotions, particularly when they're negative, and it can be a little distracting. Nothing I haven't been able to control."

A lie. He thinks back to the excursion beneath the tree, but doesn't mention it.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Fuck your Friendship
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 5:23:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: