Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Drown
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 19:43:16 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Sickness churned in his stomach as Rowan stood outside the entrance to the Verdanturf Gym. No matter how much he willed his shaking legs to move inside, he couldn’t. Knowing what was inside was enough to make him break down right here in front of the doors, forcing himself to choke back the lump in his throat. “Come on, Rowan…” One step, and then another. Before long Rowan was standing at the receptionist desk for the building, waiting until they weren’t busy before speaking.

“Is Noah Faber here?” Rowan managed to keep his voice in check, despite the trepidation that was eating him from the inside out. “Just a moment, I’ll check.” The receptionist responded, though Rowan knew the answer already. “No problem, I can wait.” He took a step away from the desk and crossed his arms, amber eyes fixated on the clock that was hanging on the wall. Was he making a mistake? What if Noah recognized his voice from Sootopolis? Maybe he should just leave while he can...

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,528 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Drown
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 6:47:59 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the receptionist returns with noah himself. his skin is clear, fresh and dewy from a recent shower. a scented soap, perhaps fortree pine or refreshing verdanturf glade, dances lightly across his neck and arms. however, the gym leader carries a more solemn air than anticipated.

despite the grin he exhibits—one that quickly flushes into one of familiariy over courtesy—noah's usual brightness is not without the shadows under his eyes.

"hey, you're... that guy i ran into on mt. pyre, right?" the receptionist leaves as noah takes a step closer. "what brings you here? gym battle? gym membership?" he scratches his trimmed sideburns with a finger, the nail running across somber hairs.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Drown
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 20:20:31 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan’s victim appeared and his heart sank deep into his stomach, becoming an endless well of apprehension and sickness. “Uhm, yeah. We also fought in the Hoenn Star Tournament, I was the guy with the Kingler.” An unusually steady hand extended towards Noah, focusing his entire being on keeping his trembling in check for the time being. “I’m Rowan.” He offered a smile, attempting to be cordial despite the situation he currently found himself in.

“I didn’t come for that sort of thing, actually.” Rowan retracted his hand and slipped some errant hairs behind his ear, keeping amber eyes locked on their own. “I’m Adrian Malcom’s boyfriend. He told me about what happened to your Pokémon.” He’d done his research, there was history between the two, a friendship he hadn’t been privy to until after the attack on Sootopolis City.

“Wanted to come by and offer my condolences, and formally meet you, of course.” Reasonable enough to not cast suspicion, or so Rowan thought.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,528 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Drown
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 4:49:56 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "right, right."

noah remembers the crab-on-crab contest they held; however, his mind is drawn to passings and farewells. pyres and funerals. oddly—and perhaps, it is due to the heavier presence rowan carries—he associates the consecrated mountain with the man before him.

"for real? i've been wondering when i'd get to meet you. i haven't seen adrian much these days," noah says— voice beaten soft. "thanks. the gym's quieter these days, that's for sure."

noah clears his throat. his claws withdraw from his neck, nails having scratched harder than they should have. peering around, the gym leader sees that the gym could do without his guidance for awhile.

"want me to show you around? chat and get to know each other in a more quiet place?" metal clangs and clongs. several machop fumble over each other in the distance, flailing around fallen weights.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Drown
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 17:38:38 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Yeah, that’d be nice.” Rowan mustered up his most convincing smile despite the lump forming in his throat once more. “I’d say that Adrian has said a lot of nice things about you, but you know how he is. Hard to get him to say much most of the time.” A small chuckle escaped from his lips, sticking both hands into his pockets as he followed closely behind Noah.

This felt wrong, if he’d been in his right mind Rowan would have turned around and left while he could. Would his conscience allow him to remain the anonymous killer of this man’s Pokémon? He’d certainly be attacked and possibly killed himself on the spot, and he wouldn’t blame Noah for doing so. If something happened to Mistral, Rowan would do the same. “So, how long have you been Gym Leader? I’m kind of new to the region.”

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,528 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Drown
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 23:03:11 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah laughs too, catching the other's chuckle with his own. knotting it like a weak chain of scarves owned by an amateur magician and their mime.

"that guy's a thinker." noah says. "lot goes on in his mind."

the gym leader leads rowan up some stairs and into his room. his office has moved away from the ground floor and to the second so that it could overlook the fitness gym the building houses: a wide window reveals gym trainers, members of the public, and their pokemon, sweating away on treadmills below rows of TVs.

the gym leader folds his arms, "almost two years, but i've been working with cadets quite a bit." he gestures to a city gym sofa, tucked away from a standing punching bag clad in dark blue canvas. "worked in rustboro first too before i took over for thomas benoit. buuuut that shit's boring."

he leans on the punching bag, arm a meaty pillow for his body depend on.

"how long have you been with adrian?" noah says, raising a brow. he smirks, playfully, masking the condolences with his teasing designs.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Drown
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 8:42:44 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among

the stars

Let me see

what spring is like

on Jupiter and Mars

“Almost nine months.” It seemed remarkable as the words left his mouth, unable to reconcile exactly how long it’d been since they met with his perception of time. “We met shortly after I came over from Galar.” Rowan stepped over and sat onto the couch that was gestured towards, though he wouldn’t be able to get comfortable so easily.

“We met at a bar in Slateport City, embarrassingly enough.” He admitted, knowing their beginnings didn’t exactly have a fairy-tale-like quality to them. “How about you?” A shift in questioning, born from the desire to know more about the victim of his violence. “How did you and Adrian meet?”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤ I hope you like this template!
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,528 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Drown
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 21:58:56 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "i knew him 'cause of his music. he was kinda on the down low though, but i'm a snoop." noah laughs, but the lilt of his voice leaks like old oran. "ran into him during a jog."

finding that he's getting too lazy in posture, the gym leader launches himself off the punching bag. the sand-filled barrel swings around like a tiring metronome.

"you happy?" noah asks. "uh, and i mean, like, i know you two are happy together. not saying you two aren't."

he's quick to correct himself in case of offense— though the curiosity still breathes in the undershirt of his inquiry.

"but i mean, like coming from galar. you happy here in hoenn?"

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Drown
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 4:35:02 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“I’m much happier here than I was back home, admittedly.” A soft sigh escaped from his lips, amber eyes glancing towards the gymnasium down below, watching the careless patrons harvest and tone their bodies. “I have my freedom here in Hoenn.” There was a small pause, before he continued on to explain. “Come from a rich family with an overbearing parent.” That was an understatement, but Noah didn’t need to be bored with the unfortunate facets of his existence.

“Of course, things aren’t perfect here in Hoenn, either.” The allusion was made towards Rocket, but he didn’t want to bring up the name around someone freshly grieving. “Still, I would rather be here than in Galar.”

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,528 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Drown
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 1:13:07 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "naw, they aren't." noah says of hoenn's imperfections.

like a tired plant, roots loosened tirelessly by potting and repotting, the gym leader has taken to this region in stubborn defiance. he's built up too much. too much here on the promontory of a self-imposed last chance.

"overbearing parents, huh? blech." noah sticks his tongue out. "my parents were like that when i was a kid. now that i have someone i wanna protect, i kinda get it now though. like what our pokemon do for us." the breath is compelled to add quiet gratitude within the weaving of distant sootopolan waves.

"take care of adrian for me, okay?" the gym leader asks. "when his arcanine passed away, he was in a pretty bad funk for awhile. scared he'll do something rash if something like that happens again."

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Drown
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 19:00:18 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“I will, don’t worry.” Rowan assured, his tone solemn. Noah knew better than most what Adrian had gone through all those months ago, able to now feel the grief of losing a beloved Pokémon. Rowan could sympathize with their plight, however he hoped there would never be a day where he empathized with them. He’d rather die himself before letting something happen to Mistral, Sirocco, Argos or…

A conscious effort was made to resist the train of thought, to remain composed before the unfortunate victim of his carelessness. There was a part of Rowan that wanted to confess, to free the guilt inside of him and allow Noah to take his rightful vengeance and find peace. Yet, that would be going against their wish to take care of Adrian, wouldn't it?

Maybe in another time, another place. Rowan didn’t have the strength to do what was right, cowardice shining through when he had the opportunity to look Noah in the eye and tell him the truth. Would he ever? “I’m sorry, I've already taken up so much of your time.” Run away Rowan, like you always do.

“You take care of yourself too, Noah. You don’t have to go through what Adrian went through alone.” A hand extended a scrap of paper with his number jotted on it, a poor man’s business card. “If you ever wanna talk or just hang out to get your mind off things, shoot me a text or something, alright?” It was the least he could offer.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,528 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Drown
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 0:51:52 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah takes the slip between his fingers. like a talisman, it is weighed by meaning that the gym leader can not comprehend. perhaps, he would never discover just who is behind the mask of cobra's killer. even though the vestiges of murder linger in the soft indent of paper and thumb, there is little to decipher. nothing to notice.

he pockets the slip. utters thanks. but before rowan can leave, noah rests a strong hand on the other's shoulder.

"there are bad people out there, rowan." noah's voice thins. his chest swells to take more breath to fill in any breakage. "be careful. the grass might be greener here compared to galar, but it's walked on by the same evils nonetheless."

he releases rowan and his hands nest into the mesh of his pockets.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Drown
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 6:52:12 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
There were bad people out there, and he was one of them. One of the horrid monsters that people told stories about to scare their children, of the evil beasts that would murder their Pokémon and take their homes. How far he’d fallen from the once wide-eyed idealist who came to Hoenn in search of freedom from a life that tortured him, out of the frying pan and into the flame. “I will be.”

A solemn nod was given as Rowan crossed towards the door, wishing there was more he could say or do to comfort the broken man before him. “I hope you find the one who did it. Make them suffer like you have.” He wouldn’t wait for a response, closing the door behind him and hurriedly heading out the entrance.

This was a mistake.

He never should have come here.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,027 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Drown
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2022 3:06:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: