TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
weather warning [m/c]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 12:02:37 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

For the second time in so many months, Angelo finds himself sat beside a woman of ethereal ivory hair in the Cessna passenger seat, and the same illustrious name stapled to their lapel. [break][break]

The Stones had seemed keen as of late to leave their worldly, rocky tethers on the ground. For business or not. [break][break]

Where next?” His question would crackle into ’s headset, preluding a rustling that the microphone manages to pick up even over the comforting hum of the plane engine surrounding them. Angelo fishing in his interior breast pocket for a map while cerulean eyes stayed firmly locked onto the skies, stretching bright blue and fair weathered.[break][break]

Outside the large cockpit window that spans from one side of the plane to another, a swirl of cobalt and ruby soars past. While in the cargo hold, a fluffy Togekiss sits, surrounded by a flurry of tiny clouds. [break][break]

Castform. Their delivery. [break][break]

Without looking at her, calloused fingers latch onto his prize before thrusting out the dishevelled, haphazardly folded map in Amelia’s direction. Very nearly slapping her in the nose. [break][break]

We're approaching Dewford, give or take fifteen minutes.

[attr="class","angelotag"]

[attr="class","angelonotes"]

notes.

mission

[attr="class","angelopokes"]

[newclass=.angelo] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo b] color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a] text-decoration: none; color: #95a2b5; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #95a2b5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i] color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelotag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelotag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelonotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #95a2b5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelow] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelopokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #95a2b5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelopokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
weather warning [m/c]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 23:46:23 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ttmm"]

So many years had been spent looking at maps; ancient ones obsolete for the sake of any practical purposes and even newer ones that were never used for any actual exploring. Lia’s love and appreciation for cartography has always run deep and true, and yet it’s here, when in the cockpit of a seaplane, that it is finally given a practical use…
[break][break]
If the map doesn’t smack her in the face first, that is.
[break][break]
Startled, the freshly-minted ranger blinks, yet delicate fingers that are only marked by the few calluses that come with years of archery take the offered map nevertheless. She’s careful in unfolding it, her gold-coloured gaze peering down at it in search of the name of the island town they’re approaching.
[break][break]
Dewford.
[break][break]
Dew and crossing.
[break][break]
A name fitting of a town in the middle of the ocean.
[break][break]
Linguistics is also something of which Lia is fond of, and that fondness lies much deeper than her appreciation of cartography.
[break][break]
”Uhmm…” Gently, a finger traces the short distance between Dewford’s island and a much smaller one to its right, a miniscule one that is unlikely to appear in most maps – unmarked.
[break][break]
”East. Pretty sure we should be able to see it soon.”
[break][break]
Is she? She’s definitely more familiar with the way things look from above than from the sea, even if her ‘above’ is usually on a pokémon’s back and not nearly as high as this, and even then, the Water Routes are not a place she visits all that often…
[break][break]
On her shoulder, a small Fletchling chirps.

[attr="class","mmpokesprite"]

[newclass=.ttmm]font:11px roboto;--accent: #DECC79;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttmm b]color: #DECC79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ttmm .mmpokesprite"]text-align: center; padding-top: 20px; padding-left: 150px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ttmm .mmpokesprite img"] display: inline-block; border:none; box-shadow: none;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
weather warning [m/c]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 21:49:41 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Even over the faint layer of headphone static, Angelo can pick up the hesitancy in the response. An eyebrow is raised, side eyeing the Ranger as the familiar landmass of Dewford begins to gradually inch into view, its beaches golden on the glowing lip of the horizon. [break][break]

You’re navigator today, Stone.” His voice cuts through the feedback, clear and crisp. [break][break]

When Angelo next speaks, there’s a slight edge of light-heartedness to his tone. Shooting his mission partner a glance of cerulean, as lips crack into a smile, hinting at something amiable - and an insolence - that runs beneath the layer of professionalism.[break][break]

If you lot 're going to keep the coordinates tight-lipped, you’re going to have to give me a little more than ‘East’ to go by. There’s a lot of islands out there.” Last thing they needed was to land on the wrong one and waste his precious, expensive fuel. [break][break]

Despite the Ranger’s attempt at secrecy for their hidden, island weather base, Angelo had been charting the Hoenn seas in his own time. His appetite for exploring only having grown since he’d earned his wings, rather than stating it. [break][break]

If he hadn’t already located their unmarked base and penned it on one of his private maps, he will by the end of the day… [break][break]

How many degrees am I counting due East?” A chin is nodded towards the compass situated on the instrument panel as the plane gently begins to bank away from Dewford. [break][break]

Sensing the aircraft taking a turn, Eltanin gracefully swerves in formation, too.

notes.

mission

[newclass=.angelo] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a] text-decoration: none; color: #95a2b5; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #95a2b5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelotag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelotag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelonotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #95a2b5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #95a2b5; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelopokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #95a2b5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
weather warning [m/c]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2021 15:57:43 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ttmm"]

”Hey now, don’t blame me. I’d give them to you if it were up to me. I prefer my pilots when they’re not flying blind.”
[break][break]
Instead of expressing any annoyance about his attitude, what Lia gives him is a slight yet obvious smirk, perhaps because she really sees no point in being bothered by it. It’s not her fault, after all. She’s not the one who calls the shots. If anything, she kind of sympathizes, because it must actually be stressful and perhaps even frustrating to basically be flying around blindly…
[break][break]
She should probably try to be more helpful, huh?
[break][break]
”Don’t worry, flyboy. I’ll get us there. Here, head this way…”
[break][break]
And so, bringing out her Rotom phone, proper directions are given, because while she had made an effort to remember them, isn’t it better to be certain? Just in case, since landing on the wrong island would have annoyed even her.
[break][break]
”Do you do much work with the rangers, by the way?”
[break][break]
Considering how recently she became one, she can’t help but be curious.

[newclass=".ttmm .mmpokesprite"]text-align: center; padding-top: 20px; padding-left: 150px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ttmm .mmpokesprite img"] display: inline-block; border:none; box-shadow: none;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
weather warning [m/c]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2021 18:12:54 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Who needs a GPS unit, when I’ve got you and your fancy phone. Thought about doing this fulltime?”[break][break]

The smirk that Angelo returns is less than subtle, although remains harmless as metaphorical elbows are nudged into one another’s ribs. It’s neither of their fault that they’re flying somewhat blind, least they could do was make light of their improved course.[break][break]

Flickering his gaze back and forth between Amelia’s Rotom Phone and his control panel, slight adjustments are made to ensure they remained true. With a subtle turn of the wheel, his plane wings tilt, banking until they’re smoothly soaring towards the correct coordinates. [break][break]

It’s when they level out that his passenger’s question crackles through the headset, Angelo’s sights remain on his readings and the horizon. A splattering of islands slowly coming into view.[break][break]

I just do contractual stuff here and there when I need a cash injection... Or if they need a favour. Not on the official payroll or anything.” Behind him in the cargo hold, Ankaa softly coos in a sound that may very well be a dainty snore as she nests with the Castform. [break][break]

You a new ranger, Navi?” It’s short for navigator. Genius

notes.

mission

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
weather warning [m/c]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2021 15:31:57 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ttmm"]

It’s a less than ideal situation, but what use would it do to complain? Neither of them asked for this, not really, and so all they can really do is to work with what they have and move forward.
[break][break]
Good thing that what they have is reliable tech, right?
[break][break] [break]
”Ha. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you’re making fun of me, flyboy.” The smirk becomes more prominent, and this time a chuckle accompanies it as well, but for as much as they may tease and joke, her fancy phone actually does its job…
[break][break]
Even if Angelo’s skills as a pilot are definitely what they should be most thankful for here.
[break][break]
When the islands come into view, there’s a small and quiet sigh of relief, and a short laugh soon follows it. ”Is it that obvious?” There’s no actual surprise in her voice, because why would there be? He’s right, after all, and as confident as Lia may be, she’s not going to act like she’s some veteran ranger when she hasn’t even completed her training. ”I’m a historian. I worked at a museum before I decided to join the rangers, it was a big change.” And one she doesn’t regret, even if it comes with having to do things like acting as navigator without being able to give any coordinates.
[break][break]
At least they’ll soon be able to deliver the Castform to their destination.
[break][break]
Smooth sailing. Knock on wood. Or, is it smooth flying?

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
weather warning [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2021 19:56:37 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]
A hand releases the wheel, carefree as he pinches the air between thumb and forefinger – just a bit. [break][break]

Call it a hunch, but usually experienced rangers know where their own stations are.”[break][break]

As Lia delves a little further into her green status, Angelo’s palm returns to the controls, absentmindedly tapping a nonsensical tune that’s ultimately drowned out by the constant hum of the engine. Motion more satisfying than sound. [break][break]

Although cerulean eyes are keenly fixated on the approaching splashes of green bleeding into distant waters, keeping watch for landing preparations, his attention divides to listen to the ranger’s soft tones crackling down his headpiece. A near obsessive number of hours had been poured into his craft, his control fluid and confident even when lending an ear to his passenger. [break][break]

You're telling me. From reading books for a living, to poking at pokemon shit in the dirt? That is a big change.” He comments, sincere. Even though his lips do tilt in a hint of amusement. [break][break]

In a way, it was almost like trading one realm for another. The contrast between cosy library comforts to spending your days outside wind or shine was sharp. He’d always preferred the latter… [break][break]

Is it more your speed – ah. There.” Voice cutting off, his attention becomes fully absorbed with the land on the horizon, sights snagged on a promising strip of ocean that’ll serve as a landing zone. [break][break]

A’right, bookworm. We’re heading down.” Fingertips stretch towards dials and switches, not sparing Lia a glance as the plane subtly begins to lose altitude. [break][break]

Comfortable with flying or not, they were preparing to land…

notes.

mission

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
weather warning [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 22:14:30 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ttmm"]

A perfectly-trimmed eyebrow quirks at Angelo’s comment, forming a platinum arch just as Lia resists the urge to let the pilot know that being a historian is more than just reading books all day, and that a ranger’s duties are most certainly not just poking at pokémon shit in the dirt (even if she’s pretty sure she read about something like that in the handbook they gave her).
[break][break]
There’s no point in giving him more ammunition, and in the end, the sentiment behind his words still isn’t wrong: the fact that it’s a drastic change of lifestyle is undeniable.
[break][break]
”Honestly? Yeah, it–” She too finds herself interrupted as her gaze wanders towards the sight before them. Blue skies, blue seas, and right ahead, an island sitting right between them. ”Oh.”
[break][break]
Why is it that it’s so exciting?
[break][break]
Being to a new place, even if it’s for something as simple as releasing some Castform near a ranger base, feels like an adventure in some way.
[break][break]
”Please tell me it’ll be a smooth landing…”
[break][break]
While Lia may enjoy flying, she sure isn’t used to planes that land right on the water. But, in a way, that too is exciting to her, and so, a smile creeps upon her face.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
weather warning [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 15:32:15 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]
A chuckle tumbles from his lips, Lia’s question buzzing in his ear as the seaplane begins to slowly descend towards the blue. [break][break]

Forget the fresh ranger not being used to planes, she clearly had never flown in an amphibian before. Inexperience revealed by one innocent question. [break][break]

Ocean, lakes and rivers, it didn’t matter how smooth the approach, landing was always a bumpy one. It was just about making sure it didn’t turn into a series of violent skipping. [break][break]

I would –“ Angelo pauses, stealing a peek over his shoulder to ensure that Ankaa and the small flock of Castform in her care were comfortable. “But I don’t want to have to mute your mic when you call me out on my bullshit.” [break][break]

Dials are checked meticulously, switches routinely flicked and with a slow arc to lead them into the wind, they’re ready to land. As the aircraft dips, nose ever so slightly pitched when the speed slows, Angelo flashes one final smile towards his passenger. [break][break]

Not so bad was it, bookworm?” [break][break]

The meet the blue with a short-lived rumble and a spray of water, sparkling in the sunshine…

notes.

mission

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
weather warning [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 22:45:36 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ttmm"]

Whatever the psychics behind it may be, the fact of the matter is that taking off and landing are definitely the worst parts of flying on any plane. Or, at least that’s what Lia’s opinion of it is. An opinion that soon finds itself proved to be right once again when hearing Angelo’s comment.
[break][break]
”Oh for fuck’s sake…” An exclamation not made in annoyance, but in a mixture of exasperation and concern, a soft chuckle even escaping her lips as she reaches for something to hold onto when they begin their descent.
[break][break]
Rumbling.
[break][break]
A splash of ocean water.
[break][break]
And then, stillness.
[break][break]
”...You’re a menace, flyboy.”
[break][break]
Still, she grins despite her own words, a glance being spared for the small group of Castform to make sure they’re okay. A little shaken, but all in all, doing fine in the care of Angelo’s Togekiss. If anything, they look restless and ready to get out of the plane… and so is she.
[break][break]
”Huh… Look. You can see it from here.”
[break][break]
Sure enough, in the distance, at the highest point of the small island, stands the small building that must be the base her superiors were being ever so secretive about. It all seems silly now, but at least knowing that the base is actually here means that they can finally get their job done…
[break][break]
The Castform are quick to scatter all over the island once left to their own devices, and as she takes a moment to watch them, Lia comes to the conclusion that as nice as Angelo might be, she sure isn’t looking forward to flying back to Lilycove. Not yet, at least.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
weather warning [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 5:31:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: