4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 1:06:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lilycove. ’s stomping grounds (although most of the woman’s activities seemed to be boating and fuckery). It was the location of Kaleidoscope, where and Lulu’s nights of friendliness and boozing had come to a screeching halt (sort of). This whale infested hellhole was also the setting of her unfortunate near-death by a Mareanie. Who the fuck had even saved her? She couldn’t remember.

But in short, Lilycove could burn. It was a garbage place.

Yet, here she was today, staring at the address of an art studio that, according to , likely contained one of the most brilliant and terrifying minds in the world. Someone very sneaky named 'Anya Fowl'.

She stamped out a cigarette with her boot’s toe and approached, pushing open the door and taking a look around. She immediately thought of , a truer ex-lover; an avid art collector. She had never understood it, but the energy here made her feel something that she hadn’t on her way in.

A profound discomfort. 

Quietly, and slowly, as though everything were made of glass, she crept deeper in pursuit of knowledge.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
snake-eyed with a sly smile
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 22:17:44 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

ironically enough, it is her conversation with theo beckett that anya contemplates as someone waits outside her door. she stands, hand gripping her elbow, staring at the space where a painting once sat. it hadn't rested there long enough to gather dust, but she reaches out a hand and traces its outline regardless. 

come back and find me. let this connect us. she hadn't said it, but perhaps she had, in the way they spoke, in the way he took her offer as she turned down his own. a piece of her left with him that day, spinning out in the world and reminding it that she exists. that she is here. that she lives on. 

she does not know yet that she will come to regret this decision, or that the woman who crosses her threshold has unknowingly crawled into the belly of the beast. his sentries wait with bated breaths, listening and watching, ready to report at the drop of a hat. 

protection. the thought is tinged with a curling pink.

"don't fear the artwork, dear. it doesn't bite." her soulless gaze slides from the spot on the wall to her newcomer. this one moves like an insect. this one moves with secrets. a warning curls in her belly. 

a couple of other onlookers grant them a cursory, interested glance, and then return to their browsing. anya takes a seat back at her easel and dons her smock. 
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 0:00:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her eyes got lost for a moment in one of the paintings as she passed. It absorbed her unexpectedly, reminding her of something, and when she looked back, eyes were there. It was almost startling.

She stared back for a long moment without saying responding, looking for a clue of some sort in her gaze, and the shapes of her face. It occurred to her only then that she should have maybe asked what Fowl looked like.

Testing the water, she cleared her throat, and then complimented, “You do very impressive work.”

Her posture changed a little, and there was a vaguely suggestive turn of her jaw. A small emphasis; an underlying message. Too little for most to catch, surely.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 3:16:05 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

too quick for most, but not for the woman with eyes like hers. movement, even the slightest muscle spasm, is telling in her work. she didn't get to where she was with her brilliance and her degrees alone, after all. but she is impassive as this woman toys with her. 

so beckett, you've come to play. she'd left the invitation open. the spot on her wall is still barren, notably so. works in progress and finishes canvases alike are propped beside her easel; any of them could have hung in its place. 

she picks up her brush and squeezes some of her paints onto her palette. red meets blue and a vibrant purple emerges. 

"thank you," she says simply. "what started as a hobby became a passion, and somehow, with a little luck, a profession." her amicable chatter flows freely under the guise of her pseudonym. molly fouller has friends, has connections, has a history in this city. she is a wholly realized person and anya wears her skin like latex - close and formfitting. 

but is it close enough? 

she sees a little girl walking through the purple road in her painting. her fingers slip. the paintbrush falls to the floor, spraying. she blinks. 
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 1:27:40 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Maybe she hadn’t caught it. It was too difficult to tell. Some people were simply very good in their roles.

“Hm.”

The paintings might’ve made her uncomfortable, but she didn’t.

“Well-deserved.” Her career, that is.

Amber eyes lingered, growing a bit more invasive. They watched as the paintbrush fell to the floor and spattered purple—arguably the best color.

She didn’t mention it. Instead, her attention shifted towards her work in progress, regarding it vaguely.

“I like your use of shadows.”

Were there shadows? It didn’t really matter. In fact, even better if there weren't.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 3:12:46 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

her fingers curl. above her, a kecleon's scales shimmer as it cocks its head. she tucks a lock of hair behind her ear and forgets herself, for a moment. she skirts around her easel, past the woman who's taken such an interest in her, and reaches to pick up her paint brush. 

she is half-turned when the woman utters something so despicably on the nose. anya inhales, composes herself, and takes her seat, fiddling with a wrinkle in her smock. 

a glance to her side and her 'sleeping' lioness flicks her tail. fernando's spies face away from her easel and so she picks up her paintbrush and sets it to the canvas. 

she hums as she paints in looping scrawl - eyes. ears. 

"you an artist yourself? or simply an admirer?" her gaze flickers, question clear. will i put myself in danger for nothing? or are you truly worth my time?
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 4:36:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The shimmer of the scales went unnoticed, her eyes never leaving her cherry-haired predecessor. Gauging her reaction curiously, and noting the lion on the floor as its fidgeting owner glanced down. No dreams called to her.

Her attention returned just as quickly to Fowl as she returned to her canvas.

“Both, I’d say,” Lulu responded. Her head nodded to the side a little at the painting's development; watching the eyes, ears form. Creepy.

“I don’t paint, though. I’m more of a… metalworker.”

Finally peeling her gaze away, she turned to another painting, figuring it might be best to let the tension diffuse a bit.

“Actually, I'm in your old studio. It's how I found out about you.”

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2021 19:24:09 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

she does not know that this is moot. that this woman is recognizable of her own right and that fernando has toyed with her just as she has anya. the silhouette on the easel comes to form, in that abstract way of hers, edges blurred. she takes a scraper and starts moving the paint with blunt edges, head cocked. 

"ah," she says, finally understanding. 

it would seem her files hadn't been as irreparable as she'd thought. it's of little consequence. the woman is on her doorstep because of her gift to beckett. that she's sure of. 

"i left that spot for a reason, you know," she says idly. "the street was a bit too...busy for my tastes."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 3:11:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
there was the smallest smirk, as it was getting clearer that fowl was picking up what she put down.

“fair enough,” she offered. “it’s not for everyone.”

her casual browsing continued, and she was really looking—not that she understood. did people understand art? maybe. not her.

“no matter, though. your talent precedes you. even hidden away here, you’re easy enough to find.”

she looked back over.

“do you like coffee?”

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 15:00:42 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

at the realization of just who this person is, anya finally relaxes. the brush strokes become more fluid. the silhouette woman in the picture becomes solidified. but her eyes and her ears and her features blur, lost to the abstract world around her. 

"talent," she says with a laugh. a couple more of the gallery's passersby still linger. molly fouller wouldn't shoo them out, and so she doesn't. molly fouller also loves coffee, but lulu isn't asking molly. she's asking anya

"i'm more inclined to tea." her lioness perks her head at this and sits up to preen a paw. 
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 16:27:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
some people didn’t believe in talent. maybe in their world, it boiled down to a blessing of pure wit. semantics. there was something that set her apart from others. despite lulu's curiosity, she said nothing to fowl’s fairly vague laugh.

tea...

she smiled.

“well, i’m sure they’ve got plenty of nice places around here for that.” between galar, kanto, and hoenn… there was too much goddamn tea, and it always tasted like dirt, flower petals and medicine. fuck tea. coffee.

“would you like to join me, perhaps? my treat? i’d love to pick the brain of such a visionary for a bit.”

taking another step towards a painting she hadn’t yet stared at, she amended, “whenever you’re free, of course. i wouldn’t dare attempt to drag you away from your work.”

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2021 2:50:42 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

yes, they do, and she out of all of them must know about their eyes and ears hiding within their nooks and crannies. but, of course, she has the position anya once held, with all of its security measures and more. no one would dare touch her, not with the threat of rocket at their bedside in the middle of the night, or worse

but anya does not have that luxury. she is still in a chokehold, just as lulu is (even if the woman might not yet realize it). anya reaches a hand up and touches the collar of her shirt, where underneath his bruises still linger. 

she stands and readjusts her easel just a bit, and then gestures to lulu. "there are several. the gallery closes in twenty. peruse or take a seat." she tilts her head and goes back to her painting. 

"you're too kind," she says. "most don't realize the risks that come with being an artist. most of the greats weren't recognized until after they'd been dead." and then she steps to the side, reaches down to squirt some yellow onto her palette, and gets close enough to murmur, "we're being watched."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 22:24:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she opted to peruse, still attempting to understand what she was looking at each time, and still with thoughts lingering bittersweetly on .

“i’ve got all the time in the world,” she assured smoothly.

her lips then pursed a little at the comment about dead artists, prepared to respond until the woman leaned closer with her warning and cut her short. “hm.” she blinked, and then tilted her head to match fowl’s new angle, eyes sharp and twinkling, and perfectly unintimidated.

“by whom?”

once upon a time, she’d been scared of eyes on her back. it had been the reason she’d turned to face fernando head-on in kaleidoscope, on the fateful day she’d soon after lost her psychological autonomy. the impetuous stripping away of paranoia and other fragmented elements of her disposition had done many things, that darkrai’s gifts had only then helped to overinflate.

in short, she didn’t care who was looking at her from any degree—especially not that damn kecleon. in this new, distorted mind, she was almost thrillingly invincible, and that had little to do with rocket anymore.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2021 15:20:54 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

will she pay for this transgression? the circlet of bruises around her neck throb. she could put a halt to these petty shenanigans. because she does not own herself anymore; her autonomy has been stripped, her life's meaning is his. is him

and yet she hears the tinkling laughter of a small girl and she thinks i need to see her face

her tongue is thick as she continues to paint, and as lulu continues to peruse. one of the onlookers drawers her away from lulu before she can answer her question. and molly fouller emerges completely, swallowing her other identity whole (because it is the other, truly. she knows not where the original has gone, or if it has ever existed at all.)

bright smile and passionate, cheery eyes, she manages to sell one of her smaller works. once the exchange is made, she selects another from her menagerie (she has been busy, as of late) and replaces it. 

when she's finished sliding the new placard into place, she turns to find that the others have left; lulu stands alone. her eyes slide past her to the gallery's front door as the lock snicks closed of its own volition, as the sign turns to closed

"shiva, darling, if you would." the lioness snarls and pounces, but not at the woman who stands waiting. no, she pins the invisible creature beneath her heavy paws. the kecleon spits and writhes beneath her, scales shimmering green and bringing it into view. 

shiva opens her mouth, dripping with drool, and anya snaps her fingers again. "you may not eat it. he'll be cross with both of us if you do. keep it here. play with it if you must, but don't harm it. we'll be back soon."

she crosses the gallery and unlocks the door. "let's have that tea, shall we?"
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2021 5:32:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she looked back at the sound of the lock, and the turning of the sign. ghosts, maybe? hm. not exactly her favorite.

turning towards fowl again, she was just in time to see her lion take down an invisible kecleon. now this was a pokémon she really didn’t like, but her face didn’t betray her any at first—not until the ’he’ll be cross bit. eyes narrowed a hair, and she felt a memory wrap around her neck.

she didn’t ask.

“let’s.”

lulu followed after, and then strode beside her once they were in the open. her eyes were subtly peeled the entire way.

“are we being watched out here, as well?”