340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 22:52:41 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

outside, the sky is dark. it's nearing late afternoon, but the storm clouds rolling in threaten an early night. luckily, the tea shop she has in mind is just a couple of streets away. she'd offer to take her bike, but a nice chat with her shadow is a bit too enticing. 

she shrugs her shoulders and then reaches into a pocket to grab a cigarette. it's not the same as the mist - it's not ecstasy filling her lungs, swelling her person, making her whole. but she'll take this cheap knock-off because her body still craves it. 

helps take the edge off. 

she lights up and then blows the smoke away from lulu. "you're tense," she says, as though to highlight her own relaxed posture. "we may be, though i doubt it. it's usually the same one in the shop that tails me." 

she takes another drag. "it's insurance. protection. i'm an asset, darling. don't think because i don't play for your team anymore that i've contended myself with painting my days away."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 7:09:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
her shadow followed—upright, like a normal person. after a moment out the door, she was even at the shoulders with fowl. when she withdrew a cigarette from her pocket, lulu did the same, the wheel on a silver lighter scratching before she snapped it shut and hid it away. puff.

tense. she snorted lightly.

fowl was most definitely an asset, and lulu wasn’t here to recruit her back, but she did find herself curious now as to who had managed to secured the scientist's talent this time.

“i wouldn’t think that.” maybe because she knew the obsession for expansion that came with being a scientist. surely, one could only fiddle around with a paintbrush from inside their own head for so long. “ might i ask whose team it is that you play for now?”

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
snake-eyed with a sly smile
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 16:42:54 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

smart girl. though what would it take to bring her back to rocket? last she heard, they don't take to defects very kindly. it's a percentage of the reason she'd sought out her current benefactor in the first place - her security first, her cause second. sometimes the lines blur between the two, but she's sane enough to fear death. 

regardless, there's no place for her there. rewritten synapses remind her of her loyalties. there's a pit in her stomach, a burning ache across her skin, growing hotter with every moment she spends beside this woman. 

don't tell her, something whispers. and yet as she blinks, she catches a glimpse of rounded lips, bouncing red curls, saying something different. 

" , but surely you could have put that together." she takes another drag and grimaces at the headache gathering behind her temples. 
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 18:29:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

the kecleon should have tipped her off, and the thought had crossed her mind, but she’d reasoned it to be too much of a coincidence. best not to jump to hasty conclusions.

her stare back at the woman turned grim, before bright amber eyes glazed over by something violent, and focused back ahead. the cigarette came to her lips for a long drag before she spoke again.

“well. we have a lot more to talk about than i thought.”

how far was this place again?

“you’re in danger, fowl.”

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 20:22:35 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

her eyes flash. she'd known that fernando had his hand in many pies, but rocket? she can see the merit of having someone on the inside, but just how many someones are there? she takes another drag, not nearly as long as lulu's own, and exhales contemplatively. 

"we're all in danger," she says. a car zips across the road, spraying water on the sidewalk. she looks at the direction it had come from, sees no traffic, and then shoulders forward. 

the tea shop is a quaint place. once the door opens, warm air and soft, reddish-hued lights greet them. there are mats and pillows scattered about the floor; daises contain a few nooks with larger tables and the place just screams cozy

anya orders her usual with a wave of her hand and then sits, gesturing for lulu to follow suit.

"we may not have time for both. so tell me, does your interest lie in the shadow project or your concern for a stranger's well-being?"
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 13:24:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
in many pies, indeed.

lulu scoffed lightly at her response. little did she know, maybe… ”you’re quite right about that.”

she ordered the same, though regretted it rather immediately. tea was not her cup of… lukewarm coffee.

”i’m not concerned about your well-being,” she stated matter-of-factly, lacing fingers on the table. she wore politeness like an ill-fitting mask.

after a moment of considering the pieces on the board, she reasoned, ”i find it odd that you’d voluntarily divulge about your work rather than demand to know how you’re endangered.” her brow furrowed, and her temple fell to the side a little. ”you must put a lot of faith in him.”

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 3:05:10 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

there's a crudeness, a callousness to this woman, that anya herself lacks. while her companion seeks to judge her, anya only studies her back. while her tea steps, a pot brought over, anya lays a hand upon their server's own and murmurs a few choice words. 

moments later, lulu is brought a black coffee rather than a pot of tea. anya doesn't comment, only leans forward and draws the lid off the teapot, inhaling deeply. the flowers within have bloomed. it will steep for a minute more before it's ready.

she spoons honey into her cup while she waits. "well, you said you were in my old studio. that work is of little consequence to me, though i'm interested to see what you'd do with it."

she snakes a smile as she pours her tea and brings her cup to her lips. "people like us, we're always in danger. i've hedged my bets, made my bed." and after her first sip, almost as an afterthought, she adds softly, "and i'm fond of him."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 8:46:14 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
something in her stare sharpened fruitlessly at the whispering. if anything, lulu’s hearing was maybe a little lacking. explosions and all.

receiving coffee, she smirked, saved from the regret of her own tiny diplomatic gesture. her bright amber eyes searched fowl’s a moment in silence even after the other scientist had concluded her soft, admiring sentiment.

how sweet.

”he does have a way, doesn’t he?” she bit her tongue, and pulled her coffee closer, shifting her angle a little.

”you know, i’m not sure how you did it, to be honest. just leaving such a project behind in someone else’s hands… willingly? she huffed. ”it’d be like abandoning a child for me, i think.”

she inclined toward her an inch from across the table. ”guess it’s all in your head, though, right? actually, if i’m honest, i’m most curious what it is you’ve moved on to—never mind who.”

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 18:11:27 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

"i wouldn't call it abandon," she says. she sips her tea. lulu's reaction is a curious one, but she doesn't give away much about her thoughts with her facial expression or her words. 

when she'd fled the region, it had felt like abandoning a child. her life's work. everything she stood for. everything she'd clawed and killed and sacrificed for. but now, with her purpose rewritten, with her path now straightened, with life created under her fingertips, why, there's nothing more satisfying than that. 

she smiles salaciously from behind the teacup. "ah, but that's a secret i cannot share, my dear. but this work will be the most important i ever do.

"are you familiar with my history? my studies prior to my involvement with your party?"
evolution. "i thought the shadow project was the next step, a means of elevation, but it wasn't." 

her eyes glimmer. "oh, how sweet it was to be proven wrong."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 0:04:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
a secret. of course.

this only made things more interesting. this whole drawn out ordeal had started on a couple of ‘i know something you don’t know’s’, hadn’t it? to uncover the juicy secret and leave the other lying belly-up was to win.

ever? fowl seemed profoundly confident, but this was also limiting of her, at least from what lulu could figure.

her expression barely changed, but she did lean back the inch she’d taken. she wouldn’t pry.

then, the topic was pulled back to the shadow project. or was it?

her eyes cut at fowl a little, as she tried to read the devil-may-care smile that stared back at her. it all made more sense now. and, this was a hint as well maybe, wasn’t it?

she brought the mug towards her lips. ”and why’s that?”

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 16:07:44 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

she thinks fondly of her creature's babbling. though she hadn't forged it from nothing, she very well may have. prime is by all means something different. something else. studies of its cells have only confirmed her suspicions. the ditto it was born from has been rewritten, warped, and all of her analytics inform her that the very ditto it was is nothing but a distant ancestor. eons of evolution brought upon in a single moment. 

and now it can speak to her. now it can want. now it can desire. now it can crave. and its soliloquies don't go unheard. she sings lullabies to it, and reads it stories, and confides in it all the secrets she keeps from

"because it's boring to be right." because the human imagination is a limiting thing. because this world, and the next, are so full of surprises. 

"but let me tell you this, darling. the work i did then? the project you're asking me of? the stone age, compared to what we're doing now."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 8:34:55 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
lulu sipped her coffee finally. still too hot, but she kept her steely face.

”hm.” was it boring, though? she found that being wrong was rather frustrating, actually.

the stone age. ”ah, so you’ve made lots of progress. sounds exciting.” sounded like they maybe had sometime exceptionally powerful, now.

”i’m curious. did you achieve your initial goals in your project with us?”

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 8:30:35 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

"the results ought to speak for themselves," she says with a raise of her brow. there aren't very many shadow pokemon that came about from their experiments, but there were enough to draw the conclusion that this was just a mere stepping stone for the evolution of pokemon. and man

"my goals were..." she starts and then hums as she thinks, "aimless. when i worked for your people, i studied several areas, some pertaining to special pokemon that i believe are still in your custody. the project you're speaking of was a personal one, an idea i'd fostered since my thesis. i just hadn't the means to explore it in its entirety before aligning myself with the proper people."

a lack of red tape and questionable ethics paves the way for progress.

"but as for a conclusion? the subjects that successfully underwent transformation - they became too...volatile. too unreliable."

she flashes a haunting smile. "so i thought, 'why not start from scratch?'"
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
vision
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2022 3:34:57 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
so, perhaps she had been the one to seek him out. either way, she was continuing her project. her life’s work.

the answers belonged to rocket. she had left it all unfinished. lulu’s own shadow alakazam had nearly killed her a multitude of times, by now.

”mm. volatile.” she sipped her coffee.

starting from scratch. a shadow 2.0?

exactly how much would they share with silph? oscar’s machine. genesect. the secrets of shadow pokémon… exactly how deep had he wound himself into their network? he connections had outlasted bosses, clearly.

i see you now, fernando. silph co. was nothing short of another criminal entity—only this one was far richer, and had the league’s blessing.

”why not, indeed,” she echoed, staring a moment.

”i won’t take up too much of your time with warnings you won’t heed, but i have to ask: how do you feel, when the mist hits?

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
vision
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 17:54:47 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

and unfinished she had left it. without her, the project had crumbled beneath itself. her very name has been scored from rocket's history books - corrupted data files of her own making and senseless destruction have obscured her. but, evidently, not enough to keep her hidden. 

there will be a reckoning when the creature is freed, left to scuttle back to its master. but his frustrations will burgeon among silk sheets and he'll breathe unto her more control, and she will be free of that harrowing laughter in the back of her mind. 

"we would have done wonderful work together, i think. i'm almost sorry we were passing ships." she means it, truly. back when everything had gone to shit, she'd have killed for someone to rely on.

silly girl - you can't rely on other people.

"ecstasy," she says and then tilts her head at the woman.

"i'm no mouse caught in a cage of claws, darling, as well as it may seem. he may think otherwise, and perhaps you do too, but i'm the cat." 

she still has her edge. still has her self-preservation. yes, his mist pervades her mind, but she's always been a bit off, a bit lesser/more than the sheep she walks among.