pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
WhyIsEveryoneSoMeanToMe.png
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 8:49:53 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Since we're going to make this meme a reality.

Temp was standing in the middle of 's kitchen, bacon on the stove, frying it butt ass naked. There were waffles in the iron and fresh fruits that the huge dork had cut up into simple shapes. Coffee was brewing. It was going to be a fine damned morning.

Temp had left his boyfriend in the shower, wanting to come down and cook before he had to wash himself off. He needed to go to the Gym today for a challenge and couldn't stick around to harass his partner like normal. Sad times.

Sadly for , she was about to get an eyeful of his fat ass.
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 9:35:59 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidelongcreditssera"]
[attr="class","sidelongs"]
[attr="class","bodyboxsera"]

[attr="class","border-box"]
[attr="class","image-space"]

[attr="class","text-space"]

Serena had been staying at Gavin's place for a little while. It was only meant to be a temporary thing. Once she got her new identity set up she'd be going and getting her own place here in Sootopolis. Besides, she was doing better now, probably because she wasn't isolating herself anymore. [break][break]

Don't misunderstand, things were still difficult. There were still many nights she couldn't sleep or she would wake up from the nightmares that constantly haunted her. But she'd hit rock bottom already, so she really could only go up from here. At least, that's what she wanted to believe. [break][break]

It had been rather awkward coming back here ever since the events that went down at the Soiree. In fact, Serena had postponed doing this until now. It wasn't the easiest call to make, to snitch on your boyfriend. But Serena figured she would rather face Gavin's wrath head on, and now, rather than later when she least expected it. [break][break]

Besides, she had a slightly better chance to protect Danny if she told him now. Honestly, this whole thing had her stressed out. More and more hair was coming out in her brush when she would comb through her locks. She needed to do something about this and move on before she went bald or some shit. [break][break]

With a yawn she made her way out of the room she was staying in and towards the kitchen. She smelled food and figured Gavin was awake and making breakfast so she'd greet him and ask if he needed help with anything. Serena was good at cooking and as a way to thank him for taking care of her she would routinely use his kitchen to make their meals. [break][break]

Rubbing her eyes her feet padded gently across the floor as she made her way to the kitchen. "Good morning," she said with another yawn, this one brought a tear to her eyes. Wiping at them she opened them to peer over at the figure at the stove only to realize it wasn't Gavin but some naked man cooking breakfast?[break][break]

"AH!" she screamed and she jumped back and covered her eyes immediately. "I-I'm so sorry!" she said as she attempted to turn and get the hell out of here. But this wasn't her place and she wasn't all that familiar with the layout. Not to mention she was running around with her eyes closed so she couldn't see shit anyway. It was only natural she run smack into a wall, however, she hadn't expected to hit it as hard as she did. [break][break]

CRACK![break][break]

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuck" she muttered as she fell back on her ass and cradled her head while rolling around on the ground. It didn't help ease the pain but she couldn't help but reel around and squirm. She good feel the blood rush to her face as she continued to hold it, as well as a warm liquid dripping from her nose. Tears welled up in her eyes as she continued to whimper on the ground. This was not how she had expected her morning to go.

[break][break]

[break]
+ more tags: [break]
+ Outfit (no hat)[break]
+ xtra notes: We can have them video call Walsh towards the end so that we can have our 'thread' with Shiv like I planned too LOL ^.^[break]

[attr="class","headerbox"]

serena +

made by gimmick

[googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=Poppins:400,700]
[newclass=.sidelongscreditssera]width: min-content; margin: 30px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongscreditssera>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodyboxsera headerbox'; background: #141212; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(125,113,107); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(125,113,107); --accentRGB: 125,113,107; --accent: #c15429 [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .bodyboxsera] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #141212; grid-area: bodyboxsera; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.05) contrast(.65) saturate(2); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #f9f9f9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs i] font-weight: 400; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs h2, .sidelongs h3] margin: 0; font: inherit [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar-horizontal] width: 4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #141212 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 13:10:46 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp almost sent the bacon sailing through the air when he heard a scream.

"AH!" He echoed back, whirling around, brandishing his spatula like a weapon.

He just barely caught the tail-end of slamming into a wall, wincing in sympathy as she fell down. Then there were the first specks of blood that he could see, and while Temp was pretty freaked out (who the hell was this?) his good nature tugged at him more than sense.

Grabbing the dish towel he had been using, Temp walked over and knelt down, trying to push it in her hands gently.

"Hey, hey... uh... you okay there? Should I grab some ice for that?"

Sadly for Serena, he was, after all, still naked and squatted down next to her.

close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 18:58:15 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

"Hey, hey... uh... you okay there? Should I grab some ice for that?" The unfamiliar voice was closer but she still couldn't see. The pain was still stinging and throbbing and she was biting back tears. She felt something be pushed into her hand, a rag? She took it and quickly pressed it to her nose that was bleeding. [break][break]

"Thank you... and I'm alright." she said in a muffled nasally voice. After a moment she decided to try and sit up, albeit slowly. Glancing over at the man beside her once more she was reminded he was still naked. She quickly looked away from him again as she felt a fierce heat rise to her cheeks and ears. "Sorry, I didn't expect anyone else here but Gavin." she quickly apologized for startling him.

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit (no hat)[break]
+ xtra notes: ^.^[break]

serena +

made by gimmick

[newclass=.sidelongscreditssera]width: min-content; margin: 30px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongscreditssera>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodyboxsera headerbox'; background: #141212; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(125,113,107); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(125,113,107); --accentRGB: 125,113,107; --accent: #c15429 [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .bodyboxsera] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #141212; grid-area: bodyboxsera; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.05) contrast(.65) saturate(2); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #f9f9f9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #141212 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 23:38:53 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
It was only now that Temp had the sense to remember that, oh yeah, he was naked. It was only 's blush that clued him in. He laughed, not ashamed of his nudity, but he did have the mind to straighten up and cup his hands over himself for a little modesty.

"Sorry, sorry.... He's in the shower right now. Want me to go grab him?" He moved back over to the stove, turned it off and moved the pans to not cause a fire, and grabbed a 'Kiss the Cook' apron to wrap around his front for the moment.

Wouldn't hide his ass, but it was an attempt.

"Oh! Uh, I'm Temp, by the way!"
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2021 13:32:46 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

"Sorry, sorry.... He's in the shower right now. Want me to go grab him?" Serena tilted her head forward as she pressed the rag firmly against her nose. While she was still in pain she at least didn't feel like she broke anything, which was a good sign. "No no, I don't want to bother him, or interrupt what you were doing." she quickly added. She didn't want to cause anymore trouble than she already had. [break][break]

This situation just served to remind her she would be quickly finding her own place here in Sootopolis. With an earnest sense of urgency now. She heard him get up to leave but she still kept her eyes glued to the floor. She couldn't bring herself to attempt to make eye contact anymore. [break][break]

The way she was acting, one would've assumed that she'd never seen a naked man before, which was a lie. It was just different when there was a naked man in her boss's kitchen. What was she supposed to tell him now? 'Hey boss, met your boyfriend today. Yeah he was cooking naked in your kitchen. Nice guy!' Serena resisted the urge to groan right then and there. This was so embarrassing. [break][break]

"Oh! Uh, I'm Temp, by the way!" he called out, breaking Serena's spiraling train of thoughts. "Nice to meet you Temp, I'm Serena." she said as she lifted a hand meekly in a sad attempt at a wave. "Sorry for uh, screaming when I first saw you.....and running into the wall." She didn't know why she had the urge to apologize but she did.

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit (no hat)[break]
+ xtra notes: ^.^[break]

serena +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,598 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 21:10:31 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"Hey, it's fine, dude! Like, I mean, I'm some naked guy you don't know, so, like, I might scream too..." Maybe not run into a wall, but it would sure shock him. Temp would probably try to punch them.

A quick look over of the food was given which passed his check. Temp was also pretty sure he heard the shower shut off, so he would take this as his chance to escape while he could. It wasn't anything personal! Temp just needed to go change so he could get to work!

"I gotta go! You have a nice day! There should be enough food here for you, too! I'll go get Gav!" He gave his own awkward wave as he vanished down the hall, intent on letting know that needed him.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 22:06:18 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Over the sound of the shower and through the walls of the house, Gavin hadn't heard the commotion going on in his kitchen. It's luck that sees him step out of the shower just as makes his way down the hall — or perhaps the stars have simply aligned in poor 's favour.

He's wrapping a towel around his waist and drying his hair when his lover informs him that he's needed.

"Thanks, babe." He'd kiss on the cheek and bid him, "Have fun at work," none the wiser of what awkward scene he'd narrowly missed.

When he enters the kitchen, he's blessedly fully dressed.

"Sera." She's staying at his house, so the sight of her isn't out of the ordinary, but, "Been a few; everything OK? Temp said you needed me for something."

He steps over to the coffee maker to pour himself a cup, piling a few heart-shaped strawberries onto a waffle with a fond smile. What a dork.

1/4 - stars align
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 11:44:27 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

Serena made sure to keep added pressure on her nose while still avoiding looking at Temp. He seemed really nice, odd encounter aside. He was considerate and he tried to lighten the mood to get rid of all the awkwardness too. She'd have to properly greet him the next time they ran into one another. "I gotta go! You have a nice day! There should be enough food here for you, too! I'll go get Gav!"[break][break]

"Thanks, I appreciate it." she said as he left to go grab her mentor. After a few more minutes of remaining on the floor she pushed herself up so that she could sit at Gavin's bar counter. She checked to see if her nose was still bleeding, at it was, just not as much as before. "Sera." Gavin greeted her and she gave him a sheepish nod in response. "Been a few; everything OK? Temp said you needed me for something."[break][break]

"Uh..." she said as she shifted awkwardly in her seat before checking her nose one last time before deeming it was fine. "You want the bad news or worse news first?" she said with a sarcastic but grim smile. "Sorry about your towel by the way. I'll bleach it and get you a new one." she said as she folded the bloodied towel and held it in her lap. [break][break]

Looking back at him she scratched her head. How was she supposed to tell him what went down? How does one just go into stuff like that? But she didn't want to prolong things for fear of Gavin's anger. "Um, would you prefer to be sitting when I tell you?" she asked as she bit the inside of her cheek pouch.

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit (no hat)[break]
+ xtra notes: Cheek Pouch Bingo Prompt ^.^[break]

serena +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 19:18:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Belatedly, he registers the bloodied towel that holds to her nose. Assuming it to be nothing more than an unfortunate nosebleed, he disregards it and waves a dismissive hand when she offers to replace the towel.

"Don't worry about it."

She suggests he sit down, and Gavin grimaces.

"That bad, huh?"

Bracing himself, he sits down at the kitchen island and takes a long sip of his coffee. There's a hint of cinnamon, of ginger — the seasonal blend of pumpkin spice, no doubt. He takes another sip and feels it burn down his throat before setting down the mug.

"Start wherever you're comfortable."

2/4 - pumpkin spice

close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 18:20:11 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

"That bad, huh?" Gavin says as he takes a seat beside her at the kitchen island. Serena scoffed before shaking her head. That was the understatement of the century, but he would know soon enough. After taking a few sips from his coffee he cleared his throat. "Start wherever you're comfortable." the rocket beast nodded slowly as she quickly tried to find a good starting point. [break][break]

After a few moments of silence she sighed and rubbed her temple. "Might as well start at the beginning of all this mess." she said not worrying about beating around the bush anymore. She couldn't help but wish she could be in some parallel multiverse where she could've fixed her mistakes so she didn't have to go through all this mess. "Before the Sootopolis takeover I knew I would have my hands full. I was home less at the that time. I had a lot to prepare, you kept me busy of course." she said as a slight joke before clearing her throat and continuing. [break][break]

"I was involved with someone at the time. A civilian. I knew heading into all of this that the future was unknown. I wasn't even sure if I would make it out of this whole thing unscathed, and I was right about that. But that was also around the time when I started having meetings with you and Walsh and the plan to reveal my identity to the public and my ties with Rocket was hatched. This you all know." [break][break]

She said before another heavy sigh left her lips. "I had planned to cut all ties with the person I was in a relationship with. I didn't need him getting in the way of my work and I didn't want him to find out about me when everyone else did. It...it didn't seem right. So...I told him. I told him about me and about what I do and broke up with him...or at least I tried to." [break][break]

Serena swiped a hand across her face, it was clear she was stressed. "And before you say it, I know, I know. I'm not supposed to talk about Rocket but if my identity was going to be outed anyway I figured it would be fine. Besides, he wasn't listening to me..." she said with a frown. "Anyone with common sense would've left but he...refused. Pleaded, begged even. Nothing I said could change the fact that he wanted to stay. It was madness."[break][break]

Serena turned to face Gavin now as she tried to wrap up this long story. "I couldn't take it anymore and I told him that if he wanted to stay with me he would have to follow me and he agreed. It was there that I made it very clear. We don't talk about our identity. That he'd never be able to go home or live a normal life again. He didn't seem to care but he said he understood what I was saying." [break][break]

Scratching her cheek she continued, "At the Soiree however I encountered a bit of a problem." this is where she started to get nervous. "There was...a league officer, goes by the name of and it was clear...he knew about my identity." She said this part hesitantly as she tried to gauge Gavin's expression. "Greyson is Danny's best friend...or I guess....former best friend now. The only way he would've known about my identity was if Danny told him." she continued. "I tried to contain the matter as best I could but it was clear Greyson was....agitated to say the least. The night ended with a physical altercation and there was a bit of a scene."[break][break]

"Of course, I...tried to handle it as best as I could though of course, it's only a matter of time before he pulls the plug. He has no reason to withhold my secret and it's clear he has some bone to pick with Rocket and well, after my threats..." she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "I'm sorry Gavin. I know it hasn't been very long since I was promoted and I certainly didn't mean to start a shitstorm already. But I just don't know what to do. At this rate Walsh's plans will be ruined and I....don't want to be on his bad side." she said as she looked at Gavin with trembling eyes. "What do I do?"

[break][break]

[break]
+ more tags: --[break]
+ Outfit (no hat)[break]
+ xtra notes: Multiverse Bingo Prompt ^.^[break]

serena +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 22:42:36 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin adopts a contemplative silence as she begins.

At the mention of a civilian, his amber eyes narrow. He might've brushed aside concern if not for how this conversation had started. approached him with the grave tone of someone who was expecting trouble.

His jaw shifts as she mentioned having told her partner about what she did.

But still, he doesn't speak.

Then her story shifts, and she brings up a name he's heard before. . Gavin doesn't know the name , but surmises him to be the boyfriend Serena had been referring to. His grim expression darkens further.

It's not until she asks him a direct question that Gavin answers.

"Plans change. That's not the problem, here." There's a low undercurrent of threat in his voice. She's seen him angry, before, but never had it directed at her. His anger is quiet, intense. "The problem is that someone you brought into our midst, someone you decided to trust, has been leaking information to the League."

He wraps his hands around his coffee mug, letting the heat ground him.

"You clean up your mess, is what you do."
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 11:22:53 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

Serena should've expected it, but she didn't. As she continued to explain the situation to her mentor she watched his face shift and contort into a rage she had rarely seen from him before. "Plans change. That's not the problem, here." Gavin's voice was low and it caused Serena's gaze to falter and cast down to her lap as guilt washed over her. He was right. He usually was. [break][break]

"The problem is that someone you brought into our midst, someone you decided to trust, has been leaking information to the League." Serena's gaze stayed trained on her lap as her hands clasped together and her grip cause her knuckles to turn white. This was also true. But what could she do now that the deed had already been done? She never would've expected to betray her to the degree he did. Especially since he so routinely expressed his love and concern for her. [break][break]

But the error in judgement was her responsibility and her's alone. She was here in this situation now because she had failed to properly handle this situation all those months ago. Now she'd be paying the price for it. "You clean up your mess, is what you do." Gavin continued his tone so cold it left Serena feeling empty. [break][break]

"You're right." she said softly as she turned to get out of her chair. The chill in the air reminded her of when she was on mt. pyre with gavin and they made their own little urban legend. It was terrifying and left her spooked. So much so that she'd been startled by a will-o-wisp, declaring she felt a presence watching her as they worked to secure extra coins from her employer. The only difference now is that the source was from her own mentor pointed at her. "I'll handle it. I just wanted you to know. I'd hate for you to be caught off guard should anything happen." Serena said with a frown. No, she was sure that would've made matter's worse for everyone. Despite bearing the brunt of Gavin's wrath now it would always be better than to have it unexpectedly come down on her later. This was the right choice.

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit (no hat)[break]
+ xtra notes: Will-o-wisp bingo prompt ^.^[break]

serena +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 23:17:35 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Where do you think you're going?

He speaks before she's had the chance to fully rise out of her chair, though makes no physical move to stop her.

"I want to know how you plan to handle the situation."

I want to know that I can trust you to handle it.

He's put a lot of faith in , his protege. Pressure mounts with the fear that he's made an error in his judgement, but alongside it is concern — he cares for her, and he knows how this road ends if she doesn't fix the situation.

He doesn't want it to come to that.

close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 4:33:41 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

"Where do you think you're going?" Serena froze as her eyes drifted back towards her mentor. She was easy to read, always was. She often found herself wishing she didn't wear her heart on her sleeves likes she always did. That she would be more sturdy and reliable like the ground or rock types that she had on her team. Still, she somehow managed to get hurt every time. [break][break]

That's what got her into this mess in the first place. That's why she now had to clean it up on her own. That's why, perhaps in the furture, her superiors wouldn't trust her with tasks because she had already failed the first one she had been given. Serena bit her lip. She was so frustrated. Despite her best intentions, her stubbornness or her grit something always had to come around and fuck it up for her. Nothing could ever be easy with her could it?[break][break]

"I want to know how you plan to handle the situation." Serena sighed as she ran her hands through her hair. That was indeed the million dollar question. What could she say? He wouldn't accept anything that wasn't concrete. "I need to find a way to dampen the blow." she said softly as she stared at the bloody towel in her lap. [break][break]

"I have no idea when will pull the trigger. Not with things as they are now. But I understand how he ticks, to a degree. When I'm fully prepared I could....edge things along. Provoke him, if you will, into releasing the information he has on me. That should at least buy me some time." she continued to muse as she tapped a finger against her cheek. [break][break]

"The public loves me. That's not arrogance but a fact. I've worked meticulously to build my fanbase and they trust me and believe in me. They'll at least be willing to listen to what I have to say and that's the bare minimum. I believe that I can spin a story, make it look like I'm the victim all while garnering sympathy for rocket. The original goal was for me to use my platform to help shift the public's view on Rocket and make them question the league yes? If I play my cards correctly this could really work out for us." [break][break]

She said as she turned towards Gavin. "It relies on how good this plan is. I know I can pull it off." Her gaze was strong. On this, she meant every word. She would need time and possibly a few differencing perspectives to help her concoct a believable tear-jerker but once that was finalized she'd be in the home stretch. "As for Danny..." She said and her facial expression visibly darkened. "He betrayed my trust." she said as she paused for a moment. "I'm so sick and tired of people betraying my trust." she mumbled. But she couldn't bring herself to abandon him right now either. "I'll give him one more chance." She said as she looked back at Gavin. "Probably isn't the wisest idea but should something happen like this again, and I pray it doesn't, I'll personally see to it that he's discarded." [break][break]

Once again, it was in her eyes. She meant every word she said and she had no intention of going back on it.

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit (no hat)[break]
+ xtra notes: Ground Type Bingo prompt ^.^[break]

serena +

made by gimmick