awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
ancient bones [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 20:01:25 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
Warm colored orbs flickered over the battle arena that waited his arrival, arms crossed over his chest and expression hollow. It was strange to think at one point, the scarred man was a gym leader himself. Taking on challengers just like this place for a badge and the right to call themselves a worth opponent. Now look at him, at the mercy of other gym leaders in order to claim the elite trainer spot that was rightfully his. Yeah, he could have taken the easy route and beaten Kim-Cole in a fair fight for the spot. But for some reason, that was too easy and the man felt like it wasn’t good enough. If anything, cheatie.

Thinking back, yeah… He was a moron for not taking the opportunity. But honestly, can you blame him? Shut up. You can’t. No one asked you.

A sigh escaped him, moving towards what he would assume was his side of the battle field. And like always, the massive six foot seven tall houndoom whom proudly wore a dead rapidash skull over her own followed him without hesitation. A low growl rumbled in her chest, nostrils flared taking in all the scents this strange place had to offer. The trainer paid her no mind however, coming to a halt to one side of the stage. “Hey,” he greeted in a dark muted tone, a stiff nod in greetings, “the name is Maverick. Sorry for the wait.” Azula stood regally by his side, her own ruby gaze upon the human who appeared. “Had a little mix up back home that needed my attention.” He added, hands fell from their crossed position only to be shoved into his pants pockets and his expression soften slightly. “When do you want to start?”

tags ☆

notes ☆ sorry for the delay!

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
ancient bones [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2021 20:23:13 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
he couldn't wait for the plan to be enacted. but that wasn't the point for now. the point for now was to kick this next challenge into high gear. metaphorically. from his wheelchair.

but he faked a smile and a wave nonetheless. his pokemon stalwartly standing beside him. crunch could do this well enough probably.

"hello there! good to see all your paperwork came out nicely. though i guess that would have been the case regardless huh?" it wasn't like he could turn down a challenge.

"we can start whenever you're ready." after all, this guy was going for the big leagues. glitch was going to have as much fun as possible with it.

- capt'n crunch is ready to battle
withdraw
ancient power
shell smash
hydro pump
protect
surf

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
ancient bones [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 20:03:10 GMT
Maverick gave the gym leader a polite and honorable bow, warm gaze shifted to the creature’s that accompanied him. He reached into his pocket, plucking out one of his own small fleet of ancient creatures. “I hope you don’t mind if we fight fossil with fossil,” the man added, finger pressed the release button, “And win or lose, I would like your opinion on how well or poorly I raised mine.” He loved hearing feed back from other trainer’s whom specialized in something he doesn’t not.

Upon being released, the dragon and water type mouth agape into a long overdue yawn. Beady sleepy eyes blinked to clear his vision, spotting another pokemon before him. “I haven’t worked much with it,” the man admitted, shoulders rose and fell casually, “But I want to give it a shot.” And this way, Maverick wasn’t in a huge disadvantage or advantage type wise. “Let’s begin then.”

With that, the battle was to start. Maverick took the first move, hoping to get an early lead. “Zryan, dragon rush.” The dracovish at first, appeared as if it didn’t hear him. Another yawn escaped it, shifting it’s weight. Maverick growled, feeling annoyed already with this pokemon. “Did you hear me? Go!” At the snapper tone, the fossil creature reacted swiftly. He leaned forward, body took on a brilliant light blue glow. His power legs flexed with ease, launching it forward surprisingly swift as it aimed to slam into his opponent with the dragon energy that surrounded his body.

zryan the dracovish | genderless | water absorb
dragon rush, fishious rend, protect, meteor beam, psychic fangs, super fang

tags ☆

notes ☆ not the best but dracovish used dragon rush!

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
ancient bones [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 16:26:24 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
oh. yeah. that was right. he had to mentor people with fossils or whatever. well, he could do that at least. "well, the galarian fossils are very food motivated. they have trouble hunting on their own so if you feed them frequently they'll listen better." especially since it seemed like that dracovish didn't want to do jack shit.

that was easily solved though. "withdraw!" crunch curled inside of his shell, hiding from the dragon tail as it struck the hard parts of his body rather than the soft spots. it was a defensive tactic but one he was able to use to lead into plenty of offensive ones. "also, they aren't very smart so having key words rather than full orders is good." at least that was his experience.

withdraw
ancient power
shell smash
hydro pump
protect
surf

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
ancient bones [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 17:46:06 GMT
This was typical for ex gym leader. He has always been the type to fight fire with fire. In his own mind, having such an type advantage like water against fire was seen as a rather weak attempt to win. Anyone could do that. But for a fire type to beat another fire type at its own game, that was even better. It proved that he didn’t need that advantage to win, his team was stranger than that. This was his mind set, this was the way he liked to battle.

Despite the battle that started to commence before them, Maverick did listen to the gym leaders words of advise. It even showed on his normal flat face, expression turned into a pleased nod. Interesting. Simple commands, plenty of food. Noted.

The water and dragon type rushed forward as fast as it’s muscular legs could carry it, body surrounded in the powerful energy of a dragon beast. However, his opponent was swifter then he anticipated. Zryan got close, slamming his body into the shell of the creature. A twinge of pain rippled through it, feeling the hard shell protect the creature the retreated into it. He stumbled back, blankly staring at his opponent unsure of what to do next.

Of course, this annoyed the well season trainer. He liked to raise his pokemon to know what to do in battles without uttering a command. This wasn’t going to be one of those types of battle. Remembering what the gym leader said about simply commands, Maverick barked an order as simple as it could get. At least, he hoped. “Super Fang.”

The dracovish waddled closer to the withdrawn creature, massive jaws parted in an attempt to clamp down on the creature using his strong jaws in a SUPER FANG attack.

tags ☆

notes ☆ dracovish used super fang!

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
ancient bones [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 21:03:03 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
training fossils took time. for anyone and everyone. it was only because all he COULD do was spend time with his pokemon lately that he continued to move forward with his training. hopefully it wouldn't be long now.

of course the super fang was going to hit, and that was fine. he wanted it to. capt'n had raised his defenses and that was what they needed. "shell smash into his face." glitch liked using kamikaze tactics like that. there was no way the other pokemon could call off the super fang after all. and that meant the shell smash would most likely hit, if they were lucky.

withdraw
ancient power
shell smash
hydro pump
protect
surf

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
ancient bones [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2022 20:32:46 GMT
The dracovish mouth opened wide, lightly fang exposed as it champed down on the hard shell of its opponent. But just when it crunched down on the omastar, its shell took on a brilliant glow. This puzzled the fossil type, stunned by the brilliant glow. It jaws unhinged from the shell, stumbling back a fe paces to get some distance from the brilliant shine this opponent released. Did it just kill it?

Confused all to hell, the dragon turned to look at its handler. Maverick sighed, feeling defeated despite not actually losing the battle. His hands fell into his pockets, giving the pokemon a causally shrug. “Meteor Beam.” This attack too time to charge up, but maybe that would be a good thing. The dracovish body slowly became surrounded in a dark brown of energy, loose rumble around its feet became to move. Head fell back, absorbing all the space power it came until is was overflowing with it. Unfortunately, absorbing all that energy takes time. Hopefully, his opponent can’t move too quickly.

tags ☆

notes ☆ not the best. dracovish does nothing, powering up meteor beam.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ancient bones [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2022 5:02:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: