Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Weird Science [C]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 10:37:24 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
The wheelchair whirred to life as it electrically pushed itself towards the door to his room where his friend waited. Epitaph watched the two make for the hallway like fools. They really were going to waste their time. Perhaps there was a way to convince that beheeyem to 'talk' to the other two. It seemed to be communicating with the other trainer.
[break][break]
''It's that one there.'' The chair stopped for a moment so that his functional hand could point out the second portrait from the left. It was right after the last syllable had left his mouth that he realized the futility of both the gesture and the explanation. ''Wait. Why did you ask that if you can't see it?'' Finally the gengar joined the trio in the hall.
[break][break]
''Gen. Gengar. Gengar?'' The ghost appealed to the psychic pokemon for its aid. Meanwhile his own trainer was considering their task. ''I am not sure if my aunt has some of these locked up. I guess we could try the old fashioned way though.'' There wasn't much time allowed to request an explanation on Hideo's part before it became abundantly clear.
[break][break]
''Uncle?! Uncle!? Where are you you whiney cunt!?'' Epitaph glared sideways at the Galarian. Shouted so loud it interrupted his train of thought. ''Gengar?'' No familiar cry of the yamask came in return to Andy's own. Perhaps the pokemon really was dead. ''Damn. Nothing'' The boy stated the obvious.
[break][break]
Truthfully, Hideo's hearing was likely better than his own.

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

[attr="class","silpc-pkmn-img"]

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Weird Science [C]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 0:04:37 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo could hear the *whirring* of the electric wheelchair approach, and he made sure to open the door wide open; didn't want Andy getting caught on it on the way out.

Hideo stopped when Andy pointed out which picture it was - which Hideo was made aware of by his Beheeyem - before grinning as Andy realized the futility of the request. "Maybe Elga was telling me he was curious," he said, holding back a snort, "It can get a little tricky to tell if some stuff he says is from him or my own thoughts."

He knew the answer to that, though; it was a lie. He just wanted to get Andy moving, and that's what he got. And it did give him an idea how far back this family line went. "So is the one next to it yours?"

But as Hideo teased Andy, his Beheeyem's attention was taken by the Gengar, who seemed to have something to say. He nodded, Telepathically telling the Gengar that he could try to send the message - though it wasn't as easy getting stuff across to a human as with another Pokemon.

He just had to know what message had to be sent.

Hideo was ready to ask Andy what he meant by the old-fashioned way - to Hideo, that meant going from room to room one at a time. He ended up getting an earful of Andy's version, tensing up as the shout echoed through the mansion.

He waited a moment, listening to hear if that actually would get the Yamask to respond.

But as the echo dissipated, there was no Yamask to fill the void. "I ain't hearing a response from any 'whiny cunts'," Hideo muttered. If only it were that easy.

"Don't suppose there are any spots where he couldn't hear you?" he asked. "We either work off that or we gotta check every room we can."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Weird Science [C]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 11:06:40 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Maybe outside?'' It then registered that a question had been posed. ''Oh. The portraits? I am not on these. My uncle and aunt are kind of... like a branch family. It's complicated.'' The tangled web of old Galarian dynasties had more than one volume published somewhere in an attempt to make it all understandable.
[break][break]
''Gen... Gengar.'' Epitaph attempted to explain what he knew to the other boy's pokemon. Granted, who could fathom how much could be clearly relayed. So the gengar endeavored to keep it simple. What made it difficult was that the process was somewhat complicated, especially since all that were present except for himself were ignorant of what the yamask had revealed.
[break][break]
''I guess I can check one side of the hall and you the other?'' It seemed a straightforward enough plan, but then there was the obvious issue. ''I don't know why he wouldn't have answered if he was that close though.'' Truly something was amiss and Andy had nearly tricked himself into believing that his broken body could no longer manifest such feelings of excitement and anxiety.

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Weird Science [C]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 18:48:49 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Though the subtleties of branch family politics was lost on Hideo, he could understand well enough with this being his Aunt's house. "Well, I'm sure you'll get a portrait drawn of yourself on a wall someday. If you don't already have one." Didn't have to be in this house either; he had to imagine Andy had one lying around back in Galar of him as a baby.

Hideo did consider the Yamask being outside for a moment - but no longer than that. "If he were stuck outside, he could've just tried the doorbell. Or he would've seen me and tried squeezing my cheeks." And his cheeks were notably unpinched. "Elga would've told me if he saw a Yamask flying about."

His Beheeyem didn't confirm or deny that right away, but he could trust Elga to tell him if he did see anything.

The Beheeyem was distracted trying to get what Epitaph was telling him. It was fairly complicated, to say the least, and he wasn't quite sure what to tell Hideo - and if Hideo would even fully understand the message.

Hideo nodded as Andy agreed with his other plan, only to shrink a little as Andy brought up why it'd be pointless. "You got a point there," Hideo said with a sigh, "Unless he got locked in a special ghost-containing room, he'd come out if he heard that." He probably wasn't outside, and he didn't respond to the echo through the two floors.

It did narrow things down, at least, do no going door-to-door. As Hideo thought about where else he could be, an idea popped in the boy's mind. "Don't suppose he could've gotten stuck in the basement? This place has a basement, right?"

He was pretty sure they did; that's where rich people stored a lot of stuff. Like alcohol.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Weird Science [C]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 11:49:22 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''I do back home,'' Andy confirmed every theory the other boy had. ''I was just a little kid though. It was back when dad was around.'' The Galarian was uncertain if his father's existence had ever been mentioned before, but it wasn't a subject he intended to dwell upon. It felt wrong on a certain level to keep secrets from Hideo.
[break][break]
But he was sure he had his own baggage.
[break][break]
''Basement?'' The suggestion shook him from his own head, mostly due to the force of confusion. ''We don't have a basement.'' Epitaph's eyes narrowed as they flashed between the three. It was uncertain whether the beheeyem had actually pulled some mind trick, of the blind human had just pulled the idea out of the air.
[break][break]
''Gengar.'' The pokemon threw his hands up in frustration. His gaze settled on the uncanny extraterrestrial again. ''Gengar. Gengar.'' The ghost type floated from the floor and down the hall, beconing the rest of those present in case the beheeyem failed him again. With a sigh, the wheelchair wirred to life.
[break][break]
''What are you on about?'' A long time companion, Andy could tell his pokemon was upset. It just seemed to come out of nowhere. Was it some misadventure to the pantry to gorge himself to Reginald's dismay again? Either way the journey ended abruptly the they reached the staircase. Epitaph had almost hovered down all the way to the bottom before he realized he wasn't being followed.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Weird Science [C]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 0:34:16 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Oh, so the only portrait they got of you is Little Andy." Hideo wouldn't prod any further than that, though; he still recalled what Andy told him about his parents going missing, and that Andy was still very sore about it, even showing anger at his mother when they reunited. "Maybe you can get a newer portrait when you're healed up."

Though Hideo was caught by surprise by Andy's other reveal. "Really?" There was legitimate surprise in his voice - he thought every mansion had some kind of basement. "Even my house has a basement - though we don't really use it for anything. Mostly just as a laundry room, but I woulda thought you'd have an even bigger one."

Hideo could only give a shrug. "Oh well. Maybe we will have to check every room then."

It was for the best that the Gengar had a better idea where to look. Hideo could hear Epitaph say something, then he could hear him move down the hall. "Think he wants us to follow him?" Hideo wondered aloud - and he quickly received a sense of confirmation, no doubt from his Beheeyem. "Elga says we should."

Hideo followed beside Andy, noticing that they went right back to the stairs. "You think he's telling us we have to go downstairs?" he asked, once again receiving confirmation from his Beheeyem - a sense that Andy would get as well this time.

Hideo sighed. "Well, only one way to do this." He searched around for a railing, grabbing on and taking the first step down the stairs. "Elga, you mind helping Andy if he needs it?"

His Beheeyem nodded, looking over to Andy to see of he'd accept the aid. He could lift himself and Andy's wheelchair Psychically if allowed, leaving Hideo to descend down the stairs on his own. Hideo would take less time to descend than ascend, though, both because he was going downstairs this time and because he'd already managed the steps once before; confidence definitely helped carry him down faster.

But he'd still take more time, still descending step by step. Hideo still had to be careful, so even with his increased pace, he'd be the last one to the bottom.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Weird Science [C]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 10:30:30 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The idea of a portrait was unappealing. While the memory of his last had been lost to time, his siblings often complained about the process. It required a lot of standing around while the painter did their work. It was considered cheap and inauthentic to get a picture taken and have a rendition created from that.
[break][break]
''Only if the rest of you lot are included.'' The idea was to provide an impossible standard to agree to so his half of the bargain would never need to be upheld. Andy was surprised at Hideo's surprise in turn. Were basements so common a thing in this region? ''Well, I've never seen one in here,'' he explained.
[break][break]
His friend's alien pokemon seemed to be doing some level of translation for his own gengar. Andy partly wondered why whatever trick was being pulled wasn't being shared with him too. Perhaps it had something to do with their bond. The fact that he needed to rely on a go between bothered him however. Yet he was in little position to complain.
[break][break]
''If he's saying we should follow him, we should follow him, I guess.'' While he thought Epitaph would have assisted his descent, the pokemon was preoccupied with his crusade. Less than enthused about being manhandled, or well, beheeyem handled, they still slogged their way to the bottom where the gengar was impatiently waiting.
[break][break]
''Gengar.'' He bid them continue with a wave of his hand once again. Andy's suspicions spiked as they were led down a hall by the kitchen. His face crumpled and he almost spoke up before Epitaph passed it by and led them to a small study, clean and well organized despite its disuse. ''Gengar.'' One of the three fingers pointed toward a bookcase on the innermost wall.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Weird Science [C]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 0:14:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
A delighted grin found Hideo's face at Andy's "suggestion". "Oh wow, a group portrait?! I didn't think of that." He'd thought that was just something for rich people - everyone else had to settle for photos. "Maybe when things settle down and you're doing better, we can try to set one up." It probably wouldn't be easy, and it wasn't like he'd be able to fully admire the product, but it was worth a shot; everyone else could enjoy it.

Andy still seemed pretty set on there being no basement, but Hideo could still tell his Gengar wasn't wandering aimlessly. "Yeah. I don't really have any better ideas-" other the brute-forcing the search, "-so let's go see what he wants to show us."

Going downstairs was much less of an ordeal, but it still took Hideo some time. The moment he heard Andy's wheelchair touch down on the bottom, he tried going faster, though he still had to be careful. "This is why I live on the first floor," Hideo muttered as he finished his descent.

And at the bottom, the Gengar seemed to have a location in mind. Hideo followed along, his Beheeyem informing him they were now in a room with a lot of filled bookcases, papers, and a nice desk - much like 's study at his gym.

And as his Beheeym told him, the Gengar seemed focused on one bookcase in particular. And with his knowledge of fiction in mind…

"Elga, try moving that bookcase," Hideo said. His Beheeyem looked at him, confused by the sudden request. "I think Epitaph's telling us there's something behind that bookcase, like a secret passage or something. All mansions I've read about have secret passages in studies."

The Beheeyem just stared at his trainer, before looking back at the Gengar. He shrugged, his hand reaching towards the middle bookcase - attempting to move it Psychically.

"If I'm wrong, we can just move it back."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Weird Science [C]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 11:30:09 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

When Epitaph pointed out the bookcase a look of exhaustion and digust tugged at the trainer's features. A secret bookcase? What a tired trope. It was so boring that it was completely unexpected. Even Hideo mentioned that it was in all the movies and stories that featured a mystery in a mansion, though he seemed far more excited than his host.
[break][break]
''A hidden room behind the bookcase? Really?'' He could only emote with his one good arm. The younger boy was bounding along their adventure on the other hand, ordering the beheeyem to practically rend the bookcase aside. ''Wait, what if it's-'' But it was too late. The tome repository shuddered and creaked but didn't budge.
[break][break]
''Gengar...'' Epitaph shot an annoyed look over his bulbous shoulder at the blind boy rather than his pokemon. It wasn't its fault after all. Still, the ghost's red eyes shifted to him. ''Gengar. Gen. Gengar.'' The occular daggers swiveled back towards the bookcase. ''Gengar...'' Puzzlement fused with his irritation.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Weird Science [C]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 0:14:19 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Eagerness ran through Hideo's heart, excited to uncover a secret about this house that not even Andy knew about. He could hear the middle bookcase jostle as his Beheeyem's psychic energy ran through it, those creaks impossible to miss.

But that was as far as it went. The noise would stop as the Beheeyem let go, sending the message to Hideo. "So that wasn't it?" Hideo asked, a hand to his chin. "Dang. We still can't rule out a secret passage though." If only because he really wanted to find one. "Epitaph had to have brought us here for a reason. And he pointed at that bookcase for a reason too."

But for what?

He had to think it over a moment, before another possible answer came to mind. He walked over to the bookcase, feeling around. "Well, if the bookcase itself won't budge, maybe it's got something that'll open something up, like a book you just tilt." Not the most solid guess, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

"You got any other ideas what we should do, Andy?" he asked as he probed away, his Beheeyem keeping watch in case anything threatened to fall on his trainer.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Weird Science [C]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 10:59:13 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Gengar,'' Epitaph said again, unamused. Once more the ghost pointed to the bookcase, getting closer, though not too close. Whatever security the yamask had in place wasn't explained, but the pokemon wasn't looking to find out the hard way either. Pleadingly he looked to the beheeyem just as before.
[break][break]
''Gen. Gengar.'' Red eyes diverted to the list of titles and searched for the same one as last time: Secrets of Archeology. Once found, his pointy fingertip rocked back and fourth over it. Annoyed and confused Andy drove his wheelchair closer to the case to read the title of the tome for himself. His nose crinkled.
[break][break]
''Secrets of Archeology? That doesn't even look like something you would read as a joke, Epitaph.'' Andy partly suspected that some joke about books were being played. Perhaps there was something hidden within however, a compartment cut into the pages. Pulling it from the shelf, it did feel heavier than it should, but parting the cover only revealed typical pages.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Weird Science [C]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 19:29:01 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo tried to search the bookcase, but he could tell it was going to take a while; there were a lot of books here, and tilting them one by one was going to take a while. Reaching up, it seemed like this bookcase went way above him too.

Maybe this wasn't the right idea...

He looked over at Andy, who sounded like he'd gotten an idea. "You think maybe he's trying to hint something to us? Not just something in the book - something about it?"

It was a book about archaeology, so maybe…"You think we gotta find something about archaeology in the study? Maybe it's got like a hidden button in it and then-"

Disconfirmation, from his Beheeyem. "Oh, that's not it?" Hideo asked. "You got an idea what we should do?"

The Beheeyem floated up, getting a view of all the books in the bookcase. Then, one by one, he'd pull them out, rearranging them. "I think he knows what to do? He's always been pretty good at puzzles."

His first attempt would be alphabetically - saving the book Andy pulled out for last.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights