Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 0:46:32 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

After Sootopolis' takeover, Kaida had been aching more and more. Wounds left treated to their bare minimum, and if it wasn't to rest her own Pokemon, there was no rest to be had. She felt lucky that her Ranger uniform covered her, there was no way her enemies would be able to see her weakness.

The enemy of the day?

Youths that had seen the takeover of Sootopolis were marching through the city of Slateport, covered in the neon lights of the lower district, they called for Hoenn to be better, under Rocket, preferably...absolute idiots. The little one's couldn't possibly think ahead, nor consider the Pokemon, now could they? Causing no harm at the moment, Kaida was forced to simply stalk them, Ekans on her shoulders and hand on her Krookidile's Pokeball. Ormr and Munin were reliable, they'd never let her be hurt, but she'd never put them out unless civilians were in danger.

Hoenn's growth had come with growing pains, it seemed.

TLDR: Kaida is here! Mission Quell

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
kerosene hearts carry the name that my father gave me
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2021 3:35:12 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
She felt like she was walking directly into the middle of a badly choreographed and worse acted movie. She'd forgotten all of her lines because no one had given her the sheet, and no one was holding up legible cue cards for her to read off of. She was blind, and no one had the sense to stop using sign language and actually say something out loud.

That's how she would describe the goings-on of Sootopolis, and the reason she had stayed as far away from that fucked up city as she possibly could. Hanging around in the slums of Slateport, visiting with , keeping her head down and her cuffs rolled-- that's what she liked.

"Oh God.. what the hell are they even doing?"

Remi watches, both amused and bewildered, by the band of outraged civilians shouting from the bottom of their bellies how much better the city would be under Rocket control. Or something.

Honestly she had no idea.
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2021 18:51:27 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

The feeling of being out of place wasn't just on Remi's part. Internally, Kaida cursed whoever had assigned her of all people to this particular job. She was a Ranger, for Arceus' sake! Furthermore, anybody could look at her, she imagined, and see a face that had no real patience for dealing with human affairs, especially one she was so deeply emotional to. She couldn't talk them down, nor do much to harm them, she had neither the knowledge of dealing with civilians nor the rebelliousness to chase them off herself.

Focused on this quandary, she jumped as a woman seemingly appeared beside her. "Munin, keep an eye on them." She quietly ordered her Krookodile, rubbing her face as she turned to what she assumed was another civilian, "Protesting." She very nearly sneered, "Little ones that think if Rocket is here, somehow we wouldn't have fights anymore...silly, isn't it?" She looked tired, more worked than ever, "Shouldn't even be here m...Rangers deal with Pokemon, not people." She parroted her leader's words, feeling they fit better here now than ever.

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 2:49:55 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Remi purses her lips in thought, her lip quirked somewhere in between amusement and disinterest. It was sort of funny, really, to see civilians, people who should trust their government and do everything in their power to do good-- choose violence as their best option to make change.

"They don't look so little to me."

She gestures to an old man, richety in the knees, struggling to hold up his own sign. It's enough to make a kid cry, really.

"I take it you don't feel the same, then? They seem pretty dedicated."

The girl she's standing next to begins to mutter something, and frankly Remi doesn't catch it nor care to. Something about Rangers, maybe, which made sense given the fact she had such a huge Pokemon out and about with her in the middle of the city.

"Ever thought about choosing violence in return? Some blunt force trauma might make 'em think twice about choosing stupidity."

Remi shrugs, smiles, and glances over her shoulder to see the girl's response.
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 21:09:19 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"...Its mostly the young ones." Kaida explained, eyes nearly rolling as she noted some of the older humans protesting just as feverishly, "Young ones tend to be stupid...I don't know the excuses of the older ones." Greedy, maybe? Or always feeling they needed to protest something? Perhaps they had never stood up for something, and felt the need now, in the region's crisis. Too bad they chose the wrong side, Kaida bemoaned.

"You're right, I don't feel the same...I was at the takeover. They had monsters, some didn't get away." Sadmess sparked in her eyes, the poor Pokemon that got a cruel fate like the Machamp flashing across her mind, "I would rather not harm Pokemon if I can help it." It was rather ironic that her job brought her in contact with Pokemon more often than not, but such circumstances allowed her to pick her battles with Pokemon.

She paused as Remi offered an idea, violence for violence. Kaida halted, waiting for some kind of trick to be revealed, waiting for someone to trip her up (she never was good at interacting like this), then slowly spoke, awaiting a reaction, "I would like to. Truly. I have better things to do than make sure people don't hurt people." She admitted, "But I like having a job, being able to feed my family, more. If they don't hurt anybody, I won't move."

A moment of curiosity created her next question, "And who are you to be here...are you here to help? Or were you just curious?" Either was fine, but she had to admit that it would be nice to have assistance...not that she expected it, the Rangers definitely didn't have the staff to send her assistance.

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 13:45:25 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
"Young ones usually follow the direction of their elders- or violently choose to go against. I feel like what we're seeing here is rebellion and desperation from the way they were raised."

But she shrugs, because really, she doesn't give a damn.

The mention of the takeover draws her attention back slowly. Her expression is lazy, bored, purposely hiding the spark of interest in her cold gaze. Her lip quirks, but she's sarcastic and indifferent even then.

"What sort of monsters?"

Resentment makes her throat itch, and the twitch in her fingers urges her to fish for a cigarette. She refrains, forcing her chin to turn away from the girl and the answers she wasn't sure she wanted.

"I'm just passing through, kid. They showed up after I did, and I could really give less of a shit what they do so long as they don't bother me."
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 22:51:53 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"Raised...I wouldn't know." Being raised by your Pokemon companions didn't really count as a proper human being raised, now did it? She couldn't know, and didn't care to know. She just knew all of this made no sense. Over at the crowd, Munin growled, chasing off a young hooligan that started drifting towards somebody's windows. None of that would be allowed, not under her watch.

Kaida pantomimed uselessly, scowling as she spoke, "Just...monsters. Pokemon, but different. I've never seen Pokemon like them." Perhaps they were experimented on, it wasn't the first time Pokemon were used and abused. "I feel sorry for them. Pokemon don't just end up like that. Not by themselves." In some way, it reminded her of the Ultra Beasts. Beings forced into savage forms for survival.

She puffed out a relieved breath at Remi's words, "Good. If you joined, I think they'd be happy to continue." This had already gone on long enough, but they had to wind down soon, "Don't worry. They will be done soon, and I'll protect you if they get wild." Rather bold words from the small woman, but sincere.

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 3:14:07 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
What was she talking about?

'I wouldn't know', my ass, the fuck's that supposed to mean?

Was this girl not born from a pair of human legs or something? That was literally impossible. Remi gives the girl a quick once-over and determines her to be as human as anyone else. Frankly, one couldn't be too careful what with the rumors and stories and news articles of aliens these days.

"Sounds like you just met tougher Pokemon."

'Monsters' felt like an exaggeration. What she was mentioning was definitely interesting, though. Imagine if she could get her hands on Pokemon like that. The thought leaves her so energized she isn't sure if she's appropriately hiding her smirk.

"Protect me?" she definitely does not mask her scoff, the funny click of her teeth. "That's funny."

But, on the assumption of a lull in conversation that would be considered 'awkward' she realizes that Kaida is not making a joke. She's serious. Remi raises her eyebrows and her lips contort into a funny frown-smile of pitiful amusement.

"Oh, shit, you're serious. Alright. Well, I really don't think they're too dangerous. Get your Krokorok to growl a bit and I'm sure they'll tuck their tails and run home."
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 18:26:59 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"I've met tougher Pokemon." Kaida hissed, forcing away her irritation. She couldn't expect a civilian to have seen what she'd seen...heck, the civilians that had been present likely didn't even know what they were seeing the whole time!

She tilted her head as Remi scoffed and took a second to realize her words were serious, mumbling out a baffled, "Yes, I am serious, why would I joke?" Perhaps she just looked too serious for a protection job. She started to speak at Remi's idea, "Just one Pokemon isn't gonna-" And realized something about her Krookodile Munin, "...That might work. Wait here." She made her order to Remi with no real expectations she would follow them, bounding over to Munin and whispering a quick order.

Double Team

Instantly, there appeared to be far more than one Krookodile, arms crossed and looking severely unamused. "Get out." Kaida practically ordered the crowd, marching her gator Pokemon closer. Double Team was a well known move, but even the bravest heart might forget that, seeing the Krookodiles coming close, "You are disrupting the city, this demonstration is over now." A strange smile came over her face as she noticed success, the people were leaving, some grumbling, but leaving.

"Thank Arceus. It worked." She tilted a head over to Remi, smiling a smile more like a snarl, "They're gone! Munin is frightening, is she not?"

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 0:41:35 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
"Sure."

God, she hated rangers. So pretentious, holier-than-thou, and oblivious to everything and anything around them. Mostly. They picked up on shit related to Pokemon, sure, but barely. They saw what they wanted to see, at least from her experience. Maybe there were good ones out there, rangers who genuinely cared and gave a damn about their job.

Honestly, she was getting the impression she'd just met one.

"Oh, my dear, it'll work."

And then she crosses her arms over her chest and leans back, amused and intrigued to see what would happen.

"This is gonna be good."

She's so invested in what this girl and her Krookodile would do that she doesn't even think twice about the orders she's been given. She's happy as an Alcremie to sit back and relax and 'wait here'.

Oh, and she laughs when one Krookodile with a mouthful of teeth turns into ten or twenty. Hilarious, truly. This was comical.

"That was... terrifying."

She's lying, but she makes it sound genuine. People disperse, begrudgingly, but the looks on some of their faces had been priceless.

"You're welcome."
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 21:45:39 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Munin was laughing uproariously, red shoulders heaving as she watched the humans leave, finally returning the world to how it should have been. The hum of vendors returning, of Pokemon scuttling around, of Kaida's severely muffled chuckling (she never did let her humor show much).

As Remi spoke out a "your welcome", Kaida suddenly straightened out, hand over her mouth as if her own laughter had been too much. Abruptly turning to Remi, bowing slightly, "Thank you very much, my friend." She thanked, teeth showing slightly as she tilted her head away, "If this went on too long, I wouldn't have been able to go home...until late, of course."

Her Ekans was drooped over her shoulders, clearly ready to leave (they still had a report to do), "Will you be ok? I hope this didn't waste too much of your time, it already wasted mine."

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 0:20:21 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
What a strange, strange girl.

Remi watches, amused, as Kaida stifles her laughter and comes to a moment of silence. Her Krookodile continues to puff out its chest, evidently energized by the ferocious display. And now, with the people all gone from the streets with their signs and their pitchforks, civilians come out from their shops to breathe a sigh of relief.

"Friend?" she scoffs, but stifles that, too, because she realizes that once again, this girl is serious. "I'm just peachy. Glad to, uh, be of help."

She even salutes, even if it is inappropriate to, before dipping her head and beginning to walk away. Her hands are in her pockets and she shakes her head, clearly amused by the entire situation.

"The people of Hoenn are so strange."
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2021 23:16:34 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida was an oblivious being, and proudly so. Seeing no reason to identify any reactions, any emotion not completely obvious flew over her head. In her mind's eye, she was happier this way, and made no effort to improve on it except for the dearest of friends...and thus, Remi's words came at face value.

The salute comes at some surprise, and Kaida jerked backwards with surprise before mumbling, "T-thank you." It was a show of respect to her, even if given in a way she wasn't overtly familiar with.

"She seemed clever...I hope she'll be alright." Hoenn was a powder keg, just waiting to explode, even by civilian sparks. A clever person was more likely to survive, perhaps she would stay out of the situation, that was the best way to survive, that, or leaving.

It was a time for rest today, though, and so Kaida called all her Pokemon to her. With nothing else to do, it was a fine time to find a place to sleep.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Aching Pains [M/C]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 2:16:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: