2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
session . [ d | w ]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2019 21:19:30 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

there was a reason behind her being out here - and it related to her desire to train. the freckle-faced leader had sought out an open and mostly desolate area where she wouldn't be interrupted, having temporarily closed the doors of her gym for the express purpose of accomplishing what she felt needed to be done. 

"again, girls."

leavanny had evolved recently and was still in the midst of familiarizing herself with her new body. lurantis served as her training partner due to them appearing to get along rather well. additionally, their bodies were similar enough for cait to encourage them to strengthen their bond; certain that they'd work well enough as a duo.

the bug-type's leafy appendage sliced through the air before coming to an abrupt halt as it impacted lurantis's scythe. the bloom sickle pokemon had blocked the attack with ease, having predicted her foe's movements.

"leava." 

they circled one another immediately after leavanny had retreated roughly several meters back, her eyes narrow and a frown of concentration tugging at the corners of her lips.

"
you've only hit her once, leavanny," cait said. "twice more and we'll be done for today."   

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/542.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/754.png

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
to be a flower you need rainy days.
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
session . [ d | w ]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2019 21:33:58 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","threadtext"]

[attr="class","letter1"]s
he scouted the area for quite sometime in hopes of uncovering the houndour she had been in search of. sadly, with little luck, she uncovered nothing. it was a dead-end. though, the sound of combat caught her by the ear as she quickly maneuvered to locate the assailant. emerging from the sideline, she'd come to run into training scenario.

[break][break]

"oh, excuse me!" songbird stated. only to take notice that those pokemon belonged to none other then, "cait?" evelyn spoke. speaking to her former league member. a know traitor, evelyn was surprised to run into someone who was of the league. "i didn't expect to see the grass gym leader out and about these parts. you are aware that dangerous creatures lurk around here during these times?" a hand on hip. she was no longer phased by the sudden run-in of her former ally.

[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: we're gonna find us some pokemon. i don't have time for you cait.

[attr="class","miricredit"]window blues

[Googlefont=Playfair+Display:400,400italic,700,700italic,900]
[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
session . [ d | w ]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2019 22:12:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"...!"

cait stared at songbird in disbelief, her eyes noticeably round and her expression frozen as she struggled to process that the turncoat was indeed within her presence.

"
you."

her pokemon grew still as they turned their heads in unison to curiously peer in the direction of cait and the young woman whom had only just revealed herself.

"eve."

the name was spat out as though it was little more than a curse. a hostile air began to envelop the green-eyed female, her body trembling as bemusement gave way to a potent anger.     

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/542.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/754.png

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
session . [ d | w ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 4:01:23 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

A WILD MASQUERAIN APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]

what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]

[break]

male / intimidate [break]

quiver dance / whirlwind / bug buzz / air slash
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

A WILD ALOLAN RATICATE APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]

what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]

[break]

female / hustle[break]

sucker punch / hyper fang / crunch / focus energy
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
session . [ d | w ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 4:39:29 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]t
rivial. none knew the truth of why she had to defect nor what led to it; along with her purpose for remaining within rocket at that. brown leather booties clicked with each footstep taken upon the rocky surface. a flip of the hair as she walked past cait. she wasn't here for combat nor felt the need to entertain something so trivial. "there's no need for callous banter." she stated causally toward her bewildered, former, coworker.

[break][break]

"at least not for today, anyway. i came here, like yourself, to train. i'm actually searching for a specific pokemon in these parts: a houndour." brushing a volume of hair behind her right ear. she turned her gaze over toward her two new pokemon. pokemon she never saw cait with before. she'd maneuver in closer to get a better look of the two, all while keeping her distance at the same time. "beautiful pokemon, you must have trained them well." she commented, giving them a soft smile, "i heard about your upbringing--a gym leader? that's quite the promotion."

[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: i'm gonna skip.

[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
session . [ d | w ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 5:02:09 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
it proved difficult to ease her grip on her own anger over songbird's circumstances. she wanted nothing more than to instigate conflict but her personal values prevented her from doing so. cait's nostrils flared and she sucked in a breath, her efforts to calm herself visible to the woman. 

"fine," she said. 

she agreed, albeit reluctantly, and retreated a step. the young woman even averted her gaze as she silently pondered what her superiors would do in her place. there was an opportunity here to potentially secure eve and return her to the league; but she couldn't find it in herself to act. 

'i'll just let this pass me by, then.'

the thought sounded like a defeated one, as though her options were irrevocably limited.

"
i'm not -

she sucked in a breath, struggling to remain outwardly civil.

"
why bother talking to me, eve?

cait fixed her with a look, a glimmer of hurt having shone within her green-eyed gaze.

"
i thought you didn't care about any of us anymore."

it was a childish statement and she inwardly admitted that much - but she felt as though it was a reasonable enough one.   

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
session . [ d | w ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 7:09:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

A WILD BUTTERFREE APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]

what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]

[break]

female / compound eyes[break]

bug buzz / psybeam / sleep powder / tailwind
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

A WILD PURRLOIN APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]

what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]

[break]

female / limber[break]

slash / sucker punch / hone claws / play rough
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
session . [ d | w ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 17:30:05 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]s
adly, she had to keep up appearance. it hurt for cait to say such a thing. how could she hate any of them? they were her family. it was merely fernando that caused her to leave at first, only for him to find her and cause her to work for him undercover. it was inevitable for her to escape, caught between a zangoose and a seviper. she was merely a pawn. though she chose to come over to rocket of her own accord deep down inside, it made her question as to why she remained. under fernando's orders? no, he'd allow her to come home if she just asked.

[break][break]

to what made her stay? she committed unforgivable sins by working with rocket--working with silas! perhaps, "self-discovery." she stated to cait, back turned. "i'm doing it to obtain a conviction. becoming an idol under the moniker 'eve', becoming a silph, and now a rocket? i can't tell if what i've done is of my own volition or another's. betraying you all..." she'd look off to the side, arms cusp underneath her breast. "i merely wish to discover what it is that i want. nothing more, nothing less; you could call me a..." she paused to gather her thoughts "...complex character." joining rocket had been both a mistake but also not a mistake. "joining rocket made me see something from their point of view. and now..." turning to face cait, a haunting gaze given, [break][break]

[break]
"...i wish to try my hand at vining for champion."

[break][break]

a subtle declaration of challenge. if one has any desire to partake in developing real change, they must try for the lead role: champion. her following as an idol wasn't enough. her music wasn't getting through to anyone. fernando was set on defeating rocket and rocket was set on defeating the league. senseless war, it was all senseless. the gym leaders were doing nothing, the champion? nowhere to be found in the time of dahlia's absence. it was all pointless. what was she fighting for anymore? why was she trying to play for both sides? she was but a mere pawn for fernando, and a simple tool of silas. she was nothing, but that would all come to an end. "tell me something, cait, where exactly is the champion of hoenn right now?" she asked.
[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: i'm gonna skip. and how could you even say that, cait?! she loves you all! but bump all that.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
session . [ d | w ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 17:52:10 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"even if you were to defeat our champion," cait begun. "
do you honestly think your claim to that title would be at all legitimate?

the young woman had grown prickly when eve inquired to the champion's location. admittedly, the green-eyed girl wasn't at all privy to that information; nor had she bothered to present the council with such a sensitive question. 

"
and sharing that information with you - eve -  would be treasonous, surely."

songbird's admittance that she sought out such a position had taken her off-guard, and cait couldn't help but think of the whole idea as an incredibly foolish one. 

"
it won't happen," she declared. "you ruined your chance the moment you turned your back on us."

a pregnant pause followed, the freckle-faced gym leader taking a moment to breathe and calm herself before speaking again. 

"
i think your best option would be to come with me," she said. "i can bring you back to . you're his sister; he'll fix this."

'and he'll fix you' - was left unsaid, because cait was firm in the belief that rocket had somehow twisted the former idol into something else

"
please, eve. wouldn't that be the best option? don't you want to be family again?

there was a hopeful gleam in cait's eye as she offered her hand, a hint of a smile beginning to emerge as she extended the limb and urged the beautiful songbird to accept it.

"
it'll be just like old times."  

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
session . [ d | w ]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 2:03:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SCYTHER APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / technician[break]
x-scissor / night slash / double team / air slash
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD HOUNDOOM APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / flash fire[break]
howl / fire fang / crunch / flamethrower
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
session . [ d | w ]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 7:28:37 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]t
rivial. it was all so trivial. she didn't expect cait to understand. how could she? no one did. no one except . he was the only person she told the truth behind her defection. it hurt to have to lie to the others--even cait. but she needed to play her role. though, as she deeply thought about it, perhaps it was worth cait knowing the truth as well. her optic stare transitioned from a steely form into one of sorrow. she thought about it for a moment, uttering the next, "cait, i--" the roaring cry of a flamethrower covered the air.

[break][break]

a mighty howl arose from songbird's peripheral vision. "!" it was her target of search: the houndoom. "it's you!" the creature she was in search of this entire time, the houndoom, had found its way to her. but little did the group know? houndoom wasn't alone. "we'll talk more later, cait. my target's come to show itself; it's time to take the stage, lopunny!" plucking a ball capsule from her bracelet. she'd enlarge the item with the single press of a button and called forth her pokemon.

[break][break]
taking a stand against the houndoom, they'd stare one another down. the beast was ferocious and wild, but it brought little fear to lopunny. who, also, was ready to fight back. "go forward with dizzy punch!" combat ready, lopunny rushed quickly. maneuvering with a swift and agile speed, she'd utilize an offense stance. fist up and body lowered, lopunny took the form of a boxer. rushing in to throw a right hook and then a left, the houndoom casually dodged all the same. using its tail to smack the lopunny across the face and throw her off. once more did it attempt to utilize its tail to smack lopuny; though, with a quick duck, she'd catch the houndoom off guard with a dizzy punch from underneath. striking the dog pokemon and sending it backwards.

[break][break]

lopunny began to punch the air, wanting more combat. "good job, but it doesn't seem to be done; its preparing for another flamethrower. you can't get burned!" the houndoom, inhaling, released a powerful roar of fire. "bounce and then high jump kick!" dodging through the usage of bounce. lopunny would jump high into the air only to return with an outstretched leg that would land upon the houndoom's head. causing the dark-type to receive a great deal of blunt damage. "please move to the side lopunn, quickly!" evelyn exclaimed, removing an empty ball capsule from her bracelet and launching it forward. she would attempt to capture the houndoom while it was down.

[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: attempted capture.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
session . [ d | w ]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 16:37:53 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait was very much tempted to take advantage of the young woman's distracted state. but she couldn't find it in herself to do so and she'd instead retreat several steps back. 

'i tried.'

her frown only deepened as songbird engaged with the canine, her intentions clear. 

'and i failed.'

she looked to her companions, whom had prioritized observing the pair over continuing onward with their training session. cait didn't blame her pokemon for their curiosity and merely nodded before gesturing for them to follow her lead. 

'it'd be better if i just left now.'

cait doubted she'd be able to linger for the sole purpose of saying goodbye. she wanted to continue demanding answers - but she doubted she'd be able to respond in a reasonable enough manner. cait left songbird to her houndoom, her own pokemon at her heels. 

"luran?"

"lea?" 

"i'm fine, you two. i'm - "

she had taken her leave of songbird's presence for a good while now, and she guessed that she was roughly a mile away from where they had initially  encountered one another. 

'i doubt she'll mind.'

cait resisted that urge to slump into a seated position and think. instead, she forced herself to keep moving, hopeful that the rocket hadn't bothered with pursuing her. 

"scy?" 

the sight of the scyther was an unexpected one as it emerged from a nearby clump of bramble, but it proved to be a welcomed one. 

'i might as well get back to training.'

cait nodded to her companions and they stepped forth, their eyes narrowing upon the lonely bug-type whom eyed them in turn with a wary look in its eye. 

'a scyther would make for a nice addition to my team, i think.'

she clung onto this one distraction and pushed aside all thoughts of the songbird, her gaze now remaining fixed upon the battle to come.   

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height