part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 10:55:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MEMORY

AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

THEIR IMPORTU ‘DATE’ IS A DETOUR AT A LOCAL COFFEE SHOP. the fragrant scent of freshly ground beans linger between ill shuffled seats and the occasional patron. fernando entertains neither, enthralled with his guest despite her earlier disposition.

his fascination stems from the object she possesses. the SILVALLY MEMORY, as they call it, possesses a myriad of functions for those who know how to use it. to the general public, they’re little more than outdated trinkets. how each individual gets their hands on one is what proves most mystifying of all.

it goes without saying fernando simply buys those he encounters. here, he looks to do the same, just with the subtle pleasantries of a casual chat.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MEMORY
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 4:57:33 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Nutmeg and cinnamon tickle Luka's nose. Delicate hands curl around a pumpkin spiced latte, leeching warmth from the ceramic mug. A pastel pink fingertip taps intermittently against it, a gentle click that blends with the pitter-patter of fresh rainfall outside.[break][break]

Luka clears her throat and sips at her seasonally flavored beverage. She has no idea that the disc in her bag is the reason for their continued rendezvous. In fact, she's rather astounded that the man opposite her had insisted on it. She thought she had made a bad first impression! But perhaps she had misjudged him— perhaps this guy is just shy?[break][break]

"Are you sure you don't want anything?" Luka asks again after a long beat of silence. "It's my treat, um..." She fumbles for conversation like a freshman pulling at a panty girdle. A bit awkward, but earnest in her effort. "Oh! I don't think I properly introduced myself, did I? I'm Luka— Luka Chêne."[break][break]

A soft laugh breezes past her lips. "You'll, um, have to forgive me for forgetting my manners."

[break][break]
[break]MISSION[break]Bingo prompt: pumpkin spice

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 8:38:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MEMORY

AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

“I’M FINE,” he reassures her. “Caffeine this late into the day does nothing for me.

Small talk. A pressing smile behind an empty laugh at a comment that bears little humor. It comes off smooth but distant, conversation meant to be polite while still fumbling with the unfamiliarity of a stranger.

A pleasure, Miss Chene.

He offers her a smile instead of a handshake.

S—Actually, do I need an introduction? Or does photoshop do a good enough job of tidying up what I actually look like?

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MEMORY
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 2:40:46 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
That's not the point, Luka wants to argue back. There are plenty of other options available. Juice, tea, a smoothie...caffeine feels like a flimsy excuse to refuse her generosity. But he's politely adamant and she has enough sense not to push it.[break][break]

Instead she smiles blithely back and continues to click her nail against the side of the mug. Seconds tick by with every gentle tap: one, two three beats of silence.[break][break]

The implication that she should know his name hangs in the air. Don't you know who I am? Luka blinks and tries to be subtle about studying the sharp lines of his face. If she thinks hard enough, perhaps it does strike a bell. Slicked hair and a pointed silhouette in a pressed suit; though that can describe almost ninety percent of the business elite that she used to work with.[break][break]

"Pardon me, Monsieur," she says, embarrassment burning the tips of her ears. "I'm not— t-that is, I'm a bit new to the region, so I haven't..." Better to admit to it than be caught in a lie later, and humiliate herself further. "You may need to, um, jog my memory."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 3:16:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MEMORY

AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

A FOREIGNER? Not unheard of. Actually, they’ve become increasingly more popular in recent years. But does that excuse ignorance? To an extent, he supposes.

Ah,” his eyes lower but his smile remains, manicured into an inward laugh.

Well, are you familiar with the Commissioner and the Council?

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MEMORY
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 5:14:29 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Lips purse in thought.[break][break]

"...Yes," Luka replies with little conviction. She sips at her coffee again to buy some time. A fluffy speck of whipped cream clings to her bottom lip.[break][break]

"Oh! Yes! Vaguely, um...the Commissioner stopped by a food stall I was working at, once," she recalls. "She was very lovely." As if that matters at all.[break][break]

Hints are dropped like breadcrumbs and she obediently follows their linear path. "You...must be on the Council then." It's a simple enough conclusion, but she feels rather proud of herself anyways. "Gosh! Um...well, it's an honor, Monsieur."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 22:40:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MEMORY

AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

“IT’S NOT MUCH,” he dismisses with a wave of his hand. Mild laughter fluffs up their small talk into his next point. “But it would do you well to get acquainted with who’s who.

Several implications lie underneath his suggestion. Just as she remains unaware of who is exactly on the council, it’s equally likely she’s ignorant to the political spectrum between the League and Team Rocket. And with Sootopolis serving as their breeding ground, such a distinction is more important than ever before.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MEMORY
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 1:35:51 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"I...I guess you have a point there." The admittance comes with a sheepish shrug of her shoulders. His assessment is once again correct, at least to a degree. Her work with has alerted her to some of the problems the League has been dealing with, though she's only just begun to scratch the surface.[break][break]

Luka leans her elbows against the table, prim and proper mannerisms abandoned for something more endearing. Her palm props up a cinnamon-sugared cheek as she blinks at him, eyes roving upon a chiseled jaw and sharp eyes to engrave them into memory. She nods.[break][break]

"I'm better at remembering voices than faces," she admits. "But I'll do my best to keep yours in mind." Catalogued right alongside his face is the tone, timbre, and accent he speaks with. Too deep for her to capture perfectly, but she's been having fun trying to perfectly mimic 's voice as of late. Maybe it's not too far outside her wheelhouse.[break][break]

"Either way," she says, slipping on a smile like an old sweater, "You still haven't given me your name, Monsieur."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 7:48:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MEMORY

AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

“NO NEED.” Fernando maintains his posture despite her shift. Rigid and uptight, his image belays one of authority and tenure. It’s crafted like the well made plastic in Silph Co. factories, unyielding to decomposition.

I’m nobody important.

An mirror image presents itself. Unfortunately, his reflect of her lacks the same ambiance. A perfectly manicured smile made for the public lacks the same character as one that comes from the heart.

Silph. Fernando Silph.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MEMORY
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 3:34:00 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Silph..."[break][break]

At first she recognizes the surname because of . She's about to ask if there's a relation, but the gears click into place before she can make a further fool of herself. The name, the face; sharp features on a glossy magazine cover, a name spelled out in bold typeface.[break][break]

"It's, ah..." Don't act like a freak. "V-very nice to meet you, um..." Just be normal! "M-monsieur Silph."[break][break]

A question sits poised at the tip of her tongue: what does he want with her? So far, she's only provided him with inconvenience and inane questions. Surely that's not endearing enough to warrant an outing like this— or is it?[break][break]

This coffee date is starting to feel very Mr. Grey will see you now. Luka swallows and takes another sip of her latte, barely noticing that it's begun to go lukewarm.[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 17:00:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MEMORY

AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

“THE PLEASURE IS ALL MINE,” he repeats. the subset of introductions runs its course and like the gears of a machine, the conversation floats onto the next subject. coincidentally, it points toward the same matter that sits on the tip of her under-utilized tongue.

i’m glad we were able to recover your bag, miss chene.” and with it a very peculiar object inside it. at first, fernando paid no mind. only upon closer examination does he recognize the SILVALLY MEMORY.

i couldn’t help but notice you had a disk in it. not the normal thing to store in a purse, no?

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MEMORY
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 7:31:02 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Me too. Really, I can't thank you enough," she repeats, ever the broken record. But perhaps if she lays on the sweetness thickly enough, his demeanor will soften a bit. How does it go again? Fernando's small heart grew three sizes that day...[break][break]

Her tongue darts out, just for a moment, to lick a spot of whipped cream from the corner of her lips.[break][break]

"Oh...you noticed?" Somehow, she's not surprised. The disc isn't a secret, but no one's ever pointed it out before. But Luka has a feeling that nothing gets past 's piercing gaze.[break][break]"No, I suppose you're right. It's an odd little thing..."[break][break]

A secret kept in a locked desk, swiped in the middle of chaos when everything in her old life fell to ruin. Maybe it's important, maybe it means nothing. But she hasn't found reason to part with it yet.[break][break]

"Do you know what it is?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 10:37:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MEMORY

AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

OF COURSE he does. but does her question warrant the truth. and furthermore, does it mean she’s aware of what sits in her possession?

it looks familiar.” fernando hedges his bet on the middle ground. enough to say yes while deflating the items overall value.

there are discs that have shown to affect the pokemon i had with me today. we call them memories for short.” hard to believe, he knows, but she’s seen the pokemon in person already. it’s the first of its kind with only a few in existence.

sometimes, fernando marvels on how he acquired one himself.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MEMORY
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 4:58:33 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Luka nods along. She looks attentive, alert. Her eyes are sharp.[break][break]

There is absolutely nothing going on insider her pretty, empty head. But it's a useful skill, knowing how to appear like you understand exactly what's going on. She'd picked it up during countless droning meetings in a past life.[break][break]

"Memories," she repeats. The concept goes over her head, but she does remember something else. "I met someone with that kind of Pokemon once before," she muses aloud. "He helped me with— well, that's not important."[break][break]

A moment later and she's rummaging through her bag. The disc, sealed in a small plastic case, still glints under the incandescents as she sets it on the table in front of her.[break][break]

"Are you sure this is it, Monsieur?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 23:13:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MEMORY

AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT. such a detail does not go amiss but fernando let’s the slip slide. the less he detracts from his intention, the primary purpose of their meeting, the more likely he is to get what he wants.

when she pulls it out he looks at it for a moment before nodding.

indeed.

it’s his turn for show and tell and he brings out his silvally behnd his seat. it’s size would be incredibly uncomfortable should it behave unruly but like luka has seen before, he’s tamed it into timid obedience—a tedious task of literally beating the programming out of it after the THREE DAY WAR.

memory activate,” he commands, causing the cylindrical opening around its jaws popping out with a clear slot for the disc.

want to give it a try?