part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FEAST AND FAMINE
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 6:46:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEAST AND FAMINE

HIGH TENSIONS AT LEAGUE HQ

FERNANDO DOES NOT FORAGE. Groceries—well, food in general—is beneath him. Whether it be someone else doing the shopping on his behalf or having it catered, the actual act of acquiring food proves too menial to be worth his time. His skills are rare and therefore valuable. Every second not utilizing them to the fullest is money wasted.

His sense of value and efficiency seems obsessive if not bordering the line between anal and neurotic.

Likewise, he finds the Lilycove breakroom more spacious than the ones found in smaller towns. The open fridge glistens underneath a fluorescent light, fully stocked with packaged meals and fresh fruit.

Sometimes it’s good to be simple. Despite his choice in restaurants and fine dining, Fernando does not forget his roots. His palate will accept just about anything. It’s just not his preference.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
FEAST AND FAMINE
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 16:22:16 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

[attr="class","pokkenger"]
the doors to the breakroom opened up as two large figures came in through the door, kazimir and his urshifu. of course they were probably larger than most people and pokemon for physical reasons it was their new status as part of the elite that probably made them seem larger than life to a few people. although their conversation that they were having with one another would probably betray that notion, "yeah and i said i stored it in here so don't worry domon. like i'd forget the poketein."

the fridge door was nearly swung open as kazimir reached down and pulled out two bottles, one of moomoo milk and another in a plastic cup that looked like a blended smoothie of sorts that was snatched up by his urshifu and was quickly chugged. kaz couldn't help but grin at seeing his pokemon enjoy his little "shake" like it was some kind of gourmet feast as it was something he had grown accustomed to months ago. his grin quickly faded as he started to take a sip out of his own drink and noticed...someone familiar.

if it had been anyone like who was suddenly here he might actually spit out his drink but he managed to catch himself and take a big swallow as he acknowledged the person in the room, "oh cra-councilman silph!" his jerking movements at the surprise quickly straightened themselves out while his urshifu just glanced over at the councilman while still drinking his smoothie, "didn't see ya there, enjoying your lunch break too?"

[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FEAST AND FAMINE
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 6:45:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEAST AND FAMINE

“AH.”

Fernando hums with acknowledgement as he rises from his kneeling position. One arm leans against the ajar door for support as his eyes trace the feature of Kazimir’s face.

Indeed. And you? You’re—

A total blank. He can’t put a name to a face and even then Kazimir’s is an unfamiliar one at that. Yet, for some reason, Fernando can swear that he knows him. Familiarity gnaws at the back of his mind, rifling through memories.

The Gym Challenge had happened too long ago.

The Excursion had been too chaotic to make one person out from another.

So where did he know him from?

Right! It strikes him down with the ticklish guilt of hunger pangs.

You’re the new Elite Four. Kazimir?

And more importantly, the elusive Pokkenger himself.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
FEAST AND FAMINE
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 9:34:54 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

the councilman's prolonged answer has kaz tilting his head in confusion at the man. he was sure that he knew of fernando but fernando knowing one kazimir wynter? it was...unlikely. the only place where they could have met to leave a lasting impression was an event that just devolved into pure chaos. not even kazimir could recall all the events at the glass workshop clearly even when he has tried a few days.

"yeah that's me. newest member of the elite four." he pulls up a seat with his urshifu hanging back near the kitchen counters enjoying the rest of his little snacking break. meanwhile kaz's eyes move up and down the man's form, he remembers him somewhat from a gym challenge long ago although time has sort of eroded the memory of what happened exactly during it. "what brings you out all the way here to lilycove? couldn't have bbeen the huge sales at the department stores...could it?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FEAST AND FAMINE
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 4:00:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEAST AND FAMINE

“I WORK HERE.”

It comes out more matter-of-factly than he intended. The genuine perplexity that comes with such a question hits Fernando square in the chest. The only more obvious answer is ‘lunch’ but Fernando’s mind scales at the highest level of detail first.

He picks out his lunch, an iced coffee and prepackaged salad, before closing the fridge.

And I suppose you do too now.

His tongue clicks against the roof of his mouth as he looks at his watch.

Have you finally grown out of playing dress up?

A representative of the League is an idol for many. No matter what they may look like, whether it be the ghastly pale of a rich CEO or the farmer's tan of a mere farm boy from Kanto, to hide their face is to hide their pride.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
FEAST AND FAMINE
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 20:16:01 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

kaz felt like he really did have his pokkenger get up to obscure the slight flush of his face when he was asked...something personal. "yeah guess i do..." it was the first time anyone's sort of criticized him for going around playing vigilante all this time. guess fernando wasn't that much of a fan despite earning a gym badge from him as pokkenger.

"well...people like a symbol y'know. and they like a guy in a suit, so no. don't think i'm putting it away in the closet just yet." he said it matter of factly himself, a grin on his face as he put up an air of confidence around him. "y'know you might want to spruce up yourself with a new wardrobe. maybe go a little more business casual y'know? people might see you as more socialable." from behind him the urshifu leaned back to stare at fernando and nod with kaz's proposal before taking another sip of his protein shake. "what do you got to lose anyway?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FEAST AND FAMINE
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 15:45:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEAST AND FAMINE

“A SYMBOL IS FINE,” he starts, dismissive. “But you are now a symbol of the League, of the prestigious Elite Four.

Fernando leaves Kazimir for a nearby countertop, where he sets his salad. An audible pop comes from the top of his bottled ice coffee as he twists off the lid.

A man without a face is a man who selfishly deflects accountability. You represents us now, good and bad.

Like an age old band aid, Fernando rips the plastic off his salad before discarding it in the trash. Not unlike his method of speaking.

All it takes is someone to dress up as Pokkenger to sully your name. And then what? Take your word for it? In this climate? After Sootopolis?

He scoffs.

You’re an Elite Four. You should be proud and embrace that the League has recognized your skill and strength. Keep the suit, if you must, but lose the helmet.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
FEAST AND FAMINE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 4:53:38 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"hmmm I mean you got a point there." It did start out as nothing more than a costume he though was cool and slowly became a part of him. Even still it was just something anyone could wear and go around pretending to be Pokkenger, he's even seen the odd cheap cosplay about it online here and there. "But if something like that did happen then...I'd take care of it if they are trying to sully the name. Besides they might take Pokkenger's look but they don't know nothing about Pokkenger's soul." He held out a fist and smiled with a twinkle in his eye that quickly faded when he looked back at fernando and realized what he might have looked like.

Maybe he wasn't that far off on being right about his image reflecting that of the league as a whole.

"but I get it. I'll try to tone it down a little bit. Still doesn't mean I can't go around doing what I used to do. I know i'm the new guy here and I'm as informed as the regular citizen but...we still gotta help people right? Being a hero is what I do after all." it did lead him to a thought though, sure the elite four was about strength and skill, but was that all there was to it? "If ya don't mind me asking though, since i'm the new guy and i know its weird to ask ya this since you weren't elite four and all but...any pointers on how to...not fuck up the league's image more than it is right now?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FEAST AND FAMINE
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 0:23:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FEAST AND FAMINE

“HELPING PEOPLE WAS NEVER YOUR ISSUE.”

the aluminum cap to his iced coffee is popped off with a click. it lands in the opening of a trash chute and fernando collects his food, turning to leave.

it was always execution, kazimir.

fernando exits to leave for his lunch but he continues to talk despite his back being turned.

lose the helmet. don’t do anything stupid.” he presses the door handle with his arms, leaning into it to open. “and be able to articulate the why behind your actions before you commit.

and with that, he’s gone.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
FEAST AND FAMINE
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 2:53:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: