5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
evening feast [m][aa]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 3:29:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It was that time of the year once more.

Everyone coming together and making food to bring to a big potluck feast around Fortree—the weather was starting to turn colder (if it could get that cold) in the region, so there was also a large (safe) bonfire circle set up near where the outdoor gathering would be taking place early in the evening.

Maybe it was happening again—the same weather phenomena that brought snow to the tropical region of Hoenn? Who knew?

Either way, Alexei was here—although, he had to make his own contributions one-handed.

It was tricky, either way.

He knew the bluenette was busy elsewhere, so he was here alone—for now, at least.

time for a potluck feast down at Fortree!

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
evening feast [m][aa]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 21:01:33 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
At the centre of the bonfire was a large, slumbering Coalossal. He keeps the fire in check, but keeps it stoked and warm. The woman standing next to it stares blankly into the flickering flames, eyes listless, seeing nothing and reflecting the leaping flames.

It is only when she feels someone bump against her that she wakes up. Her breath catches and she recoils violently, only to realize that what's touched her is just a stiff breeze. She stands so close to the bonfire no one in their right mind would even want to join her.

But the heat hardly quells the coldness that creeps beneath her skin.

Stormy squints, refocusing on a young man with one arm in a sling - or something - struggling to prepare part of the potluck all by himself. She swallows hard, pulls her sweater closer to her, and pulls herself from the comfort of the fire. Coalossal remains to keep watch over the bonfire.

"Alexei? What are you doing trying to handle this all by yourself? Here, let me help you."
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
evening feast [m][aa]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 3:22:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Having one’s center of gravity offset really did force the human body to compensate in many other ways, such as doing things one-handed like right now.

Thankfully he already did most of the preparations back at the Sanctuary, it was just getting everything else set up was going to be such a pain in the ass.

“Hey, Stormy—” he began, raising his functioning arm in greeting. “Didn’t expect to see you over here,” he added as he looked down at the part of the feast spread that he was helping to get set up.

Asides from human food, there were also Pokémon treats set off to one side—including a nice-sized bushel of apricorns, deshelled and ready to eat.

“How have you been these days?”

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
evening feast [m][aa]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 23:44:51 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Neither did I.

"'Course I'd be here, wouldn't miss a feast like this, c'mon."

Playful, confident, normal, and yet her smile feels so forced. But she steps in to intercept him, aiding wherever she could. It seemed he had most of it covered, and it all looked fantastic. She could even spy a platter of spiced apricorns set off to the side. She'd be deep in that in a moment.

"Hm? Good. Yeah, I've been good."

The bags under her eyes suggest otherwise, but she can only hope the makeup covers it. Not that she cares one way or the other.

"You?"
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
evening feast [m][aa]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 3:46:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Count on instinct to scream at him, in his head, that there was something maybe a little off—unless he was imagining things?

“Well, unless you count me being sentenced to wheelchair jail for sixty days then I’m mostly alright,” he clarified. “It sucks, but them’s the breaks. A certain bluenette isn’t going to get off my case until all sixty of those days have passed. Well, him and my PT to be honest.”

Rargh, it really sucked being stuck to just one—two places but there you were.

“Are you sure you’re alright? You… I feel a weird vibe from you.”

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
evening feast [m][aa]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 1:09:03 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"You'll be back to yourself in no time."

She says this with slight wistfulness. As if she were pining for herself to be back to herself. Alas, where he was stuck to a wheelchair temporarily, her wings had been clipped permanentl.

"Just think of it as sixty days of rest, relaxation, and your partner giving you massages for free whenever you ask for them. That's the life, I'd think."

Stormy's eyes harden at his question, a weird, defensive prickle rolling over her shoulders. She glances at him briefly before forcing a smile and straightening her shoulders.

"I'm fine, Alexei. Perhaps you should be more concerned about how close you are to spilling... whatever that is."
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
evening feast [m][aa]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 17:24:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“He can be such a—nag at times,” he replied, unable to bite back the chuckle that was bubbling in the back of his throat.

Love you, @mattis!

“Whenever I propose the idea of walking without the wheelchair he just goes apeshit and vehemently refuses to let me out of the portable jail,” he explained. “Took my PT’s words way too seriously.”

And then, his attention’s diverted towards the—

“Whoa, holy shit, thanks for the save!” he exclaimed, moving the bowl away from the edge of the table and setting it down somewhere close to the middle of the spread.

Now that he’d saved the food from spilling over—

He then made his way over to the bonfire to warm up, never mind if he was wheeling like a klutz because he only had one functioning hand.

“Ahh, that’s better. Can’t believe it’s getting colder here despite being a tropical region. The bonfire’s a good idea.”

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
evening feast [m][aa]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 22:15:58 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"Forgive me for what might be a silly question but... if you've hurt your arm, Alexei, why are you restricted to a wheelchair? Your legs still work, don't they?"

She watches as he catches what nearly spills, and she steps in to help nudge it just a little bit further from the edge of the table. It has sloshed some contents just enough to warrant a cleanup, and she takes care of it quietly.

"It reminds me of home, so I don't mind it so much."

There is a wistful smile, but it is not because of the reminder of Kanto- but because this winter, she would feel the cold far more than she has in a while.

"The bonfire is a good idea, I agree. If you want, we could take a break here and sit by it, if you're cold?"
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
evening feast [m][aa]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 21:08:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

And here came the awkward question.

Well, with Mattie it was alright explaining to him because they’d known each other for ten years, but for other people outside of the few he trusted with his back (and his life) it was going to be much more complicated than it sounded.

“Well, you see… the way my injuries are healing take longer to recover as compared to most people,” he began quietly. “It’s why I’m stuck in a wheelchair. My PT forbade me from walking, because it would aggravate the injury on my right leg. Shit’s taking longer than usual to get all fixed up.”

And then there were the PT sessions too. That was going to be a ride…

“The bonfire’s nice, yes. Wind’s getting colder these days. You think that freak winter that happened a few years ago is going to happen again?” he pondered.

That time when there was a ball at the Jagged Pass, of all places.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
evening feast [m][aa]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 20:43:07 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
And just like that, Stormy found herself losing interest. It all started with a 'well you see' and ended with a roundabout way of avoiding the question. That, and the fact he was whispering was enough information for her to realize he had nothing really to tell her at all.

More secrets.

"Probably because you won't let yourself rest. Maybe consider staying home from now on, watching TV, y'know, resting."

She forces a smile, but there is no light in her eyes, only mild annoyance. Alexei fortunately changes the subject, latching onto her earlier one about the bonfire. It is redirected to mention of winter and cold weather, to which she shrugs.

"If it didn't happen last year, probably won't happen this year."

And then she moves around to behind his wheelchair to exhale and push him toward the bonfire.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
evening feast [m][aa]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 19:24:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Well, you never know with the weather, how apeshit it goes these days,” he hummed as they came closer to the fire.

Thankfully, there weren’t too many people around, which made the atmosphere more… private.

“Actually, can you come here? Like, I have something to tell you.”

It didn’t hurt to confide with another person, right? As long as they kept their silence.

This was also the reason why so few people knew about his nasty little ‘secret’.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
evening feast [m][aa]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2021 3:17:32 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
He glosses over her heated concern. She shakes her head subtly, but doesn't comment. In fact, she is about to walk away altogether when he continues the conversation regarding the weather. To be polite, and because he is her friend, she stays.

"Maybe the weather changing is a good change."

Probably not, but maybe.

And then she squints and watches him closely as he ushers her to draw close. She hesitates for a moment, glancing over her shoulder and then back at him.

"Is something wrong?"
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
evening feast [m][aa]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 22:36:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: