part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNDONE
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 3:07:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

UNDONE

REGRESSION FROM WITHIN

SLOPPY. Every situation that has unraveled since the gestation period started has led to one eventuality: the ego of the WISH TAG is undoing him. Actions that would’ve never been considered. Impulses that could’ve been controlled.

His body is not his own. And it’s not just the amalgamation of his dominant arm working against him. It’s the predicaments it puts him into. Through sheer tenacity, Fernando’s persevered, but other times relapsed.

We need to talk. I’m itchy.

A simple text message with a dozen different interpretations. Surely, she’ll understand. But to that end, Fernando scheduled a meeting when convenient.

He doesn’t even realize he’s excited to see her despite his inflated heart rate. Thoughts wander to her smell, enchanted by false memories, frantic for physical affection in whatever form he can get his hands on. It’s nearly rabid.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
snake-eyed with a sly smile
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
UNDONE
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 4:34:35 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

there are things she must ask him. she lies awake at night, slender fingers fisted in her satin sheets, surrounded by pillows. she breathes hard, heavily, touching the no-longer-there marks upon her neck, reliving the bath like she's snapping at a dream. like if she can bring her back to her peak, she'll remember. 

but she ends up panting and frustrated and oh, so very alone. he's busy and it doesn't bother her, but it does, but it shouldn't, but why not? the secrets are in that haze, in that mist she can't collect. only consume. 

it's at a wan hour of the morn, where she's bare in front of her mirror, washing the nightmares from her skin, as though that will let her rest. normally, she would give up, reach for her pack of cigarettes and don her robe, make her way to her terrace and watch the sky lighten and the sun come up. 

except her phone buzzes on her nightstand. she touches her lips; she pulls on stockings and boots, an overcoat, keeping the silk robe the only true thing covering her bodice (and that, barely). 

it doesn't take long for her to arrive. her key card works. she's thought of trying it when he's not here, but the drive, the thought slips away before - he needs me. 

it carries her through his threshold. she shrugs off the coat and recognizes the look on his face. her breath hitches, eyes narrow, going to the spot on his arm. 

not her spawn - not the hungry, mewling thing that beats against its cage. but part of it. irrevocably part of it, part of him. part of her. she shivers. 

"you called for me, my love?" she says, voice hushed.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNDONE
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 22:52:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

UNDONE

REGRESSION FROM WITHIN

LOVE? Fuck off.

Pet names have never been his ‘thing'. They’re pointless. Tacky. And, honestly? Cringe above all else.

But, like with all annoyances, he can tolerate them well beyond the limit. His patience is saint-like, able to ignore them on the basis it has no impact on his life. It’s the same principle that allows him to fit into the League political spectrum.

But hearing them now? Under duress? It sets him off. Frustration mounts and he spills the fury into his voice and expression.

Cut the shit, Fowl.

He can feel his temple throb. Pronounced veins peek out as blue lines against his pale skin. They pulse with his heartbeat. He can hear it in his voice.

The Wish Tag's influence is growing. It’s starting to bleed into me.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
UNDONE
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 23:04:27 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

his fury is a collar around her neck. her windpipe strains and she reaches up as though to touch her throat, but the movement shifts partway through; she strokes one of her curls away from her cheek. she exhales, wills her nerves to steady themselves as anger flickers over his features. 

she wants to snap at him, to tell him that this is his fault. he won't let her run her tests. he won't let her poke and prod and crack open his skull to see what's inside. he doesn't like the attention she gives to the organism in his arm. 

an animalistic sense of self-preservation is what drove her in his arms that first time, but ever since that bath, her fear for him has a root. a scientist's curiosity, needing answers. 

who is she? that girl? 

but it's still not more powerful than his magnetism, than his insatiable hold over her. so she stalks forward like the fox she is and reaches out for his hand - his, not the monster's. 

"will you allow me to study you, then? to see if i can ease whatever is ailing you?" she raises a brow. 
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNDONE
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 23:15:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

UNDONE

REGRESSION FROM WITHIN

WHAT SHE TOUCHES BELONGS TO NEITHER OF THEM. It exists somewhere in the middle. A constant tug-of-war between control and purpose dictates what happens. This time, they agree; it’s just that their methods differ.

His wrist snaps. Fingers gobble her up with a sudden lunge, hooking around her own like a Feraligator would snap up unsuspecting prey. He tugs with demand, to pull, to domineer.

Fine,” he blurts out, exasperated. “But look into this first.

His other hand, the one that remains his own, pulls out a small SD card.

It’s a report I had curated for you.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
UNDONE
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 23:36:35 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

he is not his own. she startles, but does not dare jerk away from him. blue eyes, normally awash with a detached apathy, show a flicker of alarm. not just at his movements, but at the exasperation in his voice, at the unraveling spool that's become the god she's come to love. 

there she remembers the visage of a mortal man, nothing more than a puppet, a plaything for the creature that threatened to rip her apart from the inside with the sheer force of its willpower. 

drawn against him, she tucks her chin, looks down at the sd card he offers her. she does not take it, just nods towards it. she is, after all, in his domain of technology - all she'd brought were her silks and her coat. 

"show me," she says, and then, because she is not enthralled in his mists, because she's still a woman of intellect: "and release me if you can. i think some distance, while you're like this, will do you some good. don't want to lose an asset to negligence, do you?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNDONE
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 0:09:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

UNDONE

REGRESSION FROM WITHIN

HE IS NOT HIS OWN. It takes her words to remind him that. The feeling of her skin, flesh and all, between his fingers is a lost afterthought. He doesn’t even recognize his hold until she brings attention to it.

His grip slackens immediately, caught red-handed.

Indeed.

He blinks twice before shooting a dirty look at the offender. It responds in kind, fingers wriggling, going dormant when he punishes it by enclosing his fist.

It’s been quite the pest lately. Almost hormonal.

The cut to his computer is immediate. A small plastic chip is inserted onto the side of his docked laptop, causing several dialogue boxes to pop up on his monitor. He sits through several prompts before opening the .pdf of his report.

It’s a research paper that covers the basis of the WISH TAG and the possible implications it could have.

To a discerning eye, some of the points are obviously out of date. An occasional line will reference material that’s been proven incorrect over the last few years. Others will rely on principle, while not necessarily wrong, are uncommon as more prevalent ideas take the center stage of modern science.

But the expertise is there. It’s a muddled mess of notes, as if peer reviewed by an entire council of different schools of thoughts.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
UNDONE
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 16:08:53 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

anya fowl is not a scientist that seeks to undo the ties she's stitched together. the shadow project, the parasite, all her extensive work regarding evolution - all of it has a line that, once crossed, cannot be passed again. but fernando seeks to trespass this hallowed principle. like a child, upset with his outcome, with the consequences of his actions, he seeks to do the impossible and rectify them. 

the paper is a work of blaspheme. it's a madman's notes, lacking in the succinct language of a practiced researcher. she peruses and the more she reads, the more she recognizes the extent of his desperation. 

i offered you a choice. your faculties remain, nerves intact, but your arm would have been such a small price to pay to save you from this. 

perhaps i shouldn't have given you the option. 

but this is far more interesting. for a brief second, she sees him behind the glass cages alongside the rest of her menagerie, poipole looming above him, guarding him for her

"you said in the baths, after i mentioned the strength your mists have gained, that so too has your connection to tapu fini." she crosses her arms, chilly in his sleek apartment. "i've little doubt the wish tag grows to contest this."

she frowns. "these hypotheses from your peers are all fine and dandy," she says with a wave towards the screen, "but i'm a scientist. not a philosopher. i need to see what's inside."

she steps back, gives him room, as she says, "allow me to take you to our lab and run some tests."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNDONE
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 4:24:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

UNDONE

REGRESSION FROM WITHIN

SHE REITERATES WHAT HE ALREADY KNOWS. Whether or not the claims prove to be correct, actions still persist. The WISH TAG’s strength proves palpable. Enough so that it forces himself into exile.

It’s something to keep in mind going forward.

Fernando huffs, not at all opposed to her suggestion but merely the time it’ll take away from him. With the Soiree still fresh and Moltres’ disappearance looming in the backdrop, he cannot afford to miss out. But that’s the thing. Fernando never has the time to oblige.

When can you be ready; I plan on binding the tag to d#132 soon.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
UNDONE
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 3:34:19 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

something to keep in mind going forward. his hubris is nothing short of frustrating. she wants her demands met. she wants answers. she wants the confident man who strode into that bar, who was just out of step in body, but waltzing in mind. 

however, her annoyances fall to the wayside as he brings up their creation. her mind's eye still doesn't go so far as to call it her child, but the sentiment is there. she looks down at his arm, thinks of the turmoil this thing has caused him. 

but it will be uncontested by the avatar. it will become its own and i shall care for it, far more than i do him

the thought causes a headache to gather at her temples. she craves a cigarette fernando. her fingers twitch. 

"how soon? it's stable, yes, but i fear its current form may be unable to house the tag for much longer." she wrings her hands. "i've been studying its cells. while evolution is unprecedented for ditto, i believe we can continue the grafting process. expand it, so to speak." she licks her lips. "with others of its kind."

her eyes shine with a thirst not unknown to fernando. 
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNDONE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 8:46:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

UNDONE

REGRESSION FROM WITHIN

“THE SOONER THE BETTER.”

That goes without saying. However, haste makes waste. Fernando is no stranger to shortcuts and the impact it can have on business, plans, and infrastructures. Short term profit at the cost of long term potential goes against his principles—against the trademark of Silph itself.

But only if you’re confident.

To think he’ll allow impatience to unravel years of work is out of question. Even since her death, his life’s purpose has been singular, focused. That path he takes may wind and wane, riddled with obstructions, but it all leads back to his fundamental purpose.

Project Avalon.

Wherein his hunger for completion is sated by a palate that demands success, what he sees in her is anything but. The fact that she hungers for something that’s not him is upsetting. Not at the surface—he cares little for that considering their relationship.

But the very thing she seeks to birth is the same that breed his own jealousy.

And only if you’re confident.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
UNDONE
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 18:17:36 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

she combs through the notes while they continue their discussion. as much as it is a madman's project, she knows better than anyone that any information, no matter how inconsequential it may seem, can prove itself key to scientific discovery. 

the computer screen loses her interest after she's combed through the lengthy document twice. she'll read over it again before she makes any decisions about grafting whatever remains in fernando's arm into their creature. 

their creature, of which she's taken to calling prime, first of its kind and the name of a god, has enough documents and notes surrounding it now that anya could publish several books if she so desired. and yet its desires remain a mystery to her. 

it hungers, yes. there are times where her nature gets the better of her and she nears its cage. its shape is still amorphous, but has shifted upon her approach, has formed mouth and tongue and throat enough to cry for her, enough to screech at her. 

it wants

"whatever grows in your arm is not the same as the tag. it is more you. extracting it now, after all this time, may result in more damages than before. you may very well lose the arm." 

she tilts her head. "take us to the lab. i'll run the tests i've been planning and if all goes according to plan, we can perform extraction in the next couple of days."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNDONE
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 4:47:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

UNDONE

REGRESSION FROM WITHIN

“THEN WE WAIT.”

in this regard, he will not waver. nothing comes before himself. there may be a minor exception but this is not one of them. for fernando and all his cunningness can always start anew. a few years in the drain means nothing for him. not when he sits at the top of the proverbial world.

but once he loses himself, there’s no going back. there is no redo. until his mantle as tapu fini’s avatar gets passed down to someone else—leaving him at their beck and call—his body is a finite resource.

it adopts me because i need it to. that’s how i’ll bind its personality and ego.” that’s how i’ll keep it in check.

above all else, fernando only truly love one person: himself. should there be two of him, then the same sense of importance applies. just as he cannot kill the project outright, neither can it kill him.

but the problem is still at hand. he cannot control the WISH TAG but he cannot allow it to run amuck. there must be another way.

he blinks twice but accepts her prodding at testing. as long as it stays at ‘testing’.

well beneath the skin, he can feel it crawl against his veins. the prospect of being free, or leaving him, both excites and haunts it.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
UNDONE
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 15:54:06 GMT
anya fowl Avatar

then we wait. such is the hubris of a man with too much at stake. this behavior is what cost him his peace of mind these last few months. if she'd extracted all of it, as she'd suggested, and not gone soft, he'd have lost his arm and... they may have lost their creation. and besides, she's a futurist. there's no sense dallying on the past, even as he comes back to haunt them. 

"if all goes according to plan, we won't need to wait much longer," she says with a sniff. 

she gathers her robe around her, still feeling a bit spurned, and flips his laptop closed. her mind is still categorizing all of the accounts she'd skimmed; she'd taken more stock into the information than she'd let on. 

and it's shortly thereafter that they're walking into her lab together. her lions rear their heads from their plush pillows, but yawn and nuzzle back to sleep when they see their master and her plaything. 

machines whirr to life. she fusses with her computer screen. 

the amorphous blob rolls to the edge of its glass cage and presses against it, forming a single blue eye to watch anya and fernando. 

"charming, isn't it?" she says.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNDONE
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 3:13:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

UNDONE

REGRESSION FROM WITHIN

“IF” he repeats with a distaste he looks to leave in her room.

the sprawl of her laboratory puts him at ease. no matter how on and off their relationship may be, he trusts her to do good work. it’s gotten to the point that sometimes he wonders if she cares more about this than he does—she doesn’t; because no one can care more than him, but it’s a close second.

when their creation peeks out from its containment, he stares back at it. he can feel his eyes narrow as his glare looks for something that doesn’t exist.

charming doesn’t do it justice.

he scoffs.

it is eternity contained into a single vessel.