luka chêne
firelight [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 5:59:12 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
The woods that surround Fortree are home to a myriad of charming vignettes. Fall scenes play out like scripted children's plays; a family of Skwovet gather nuts, Deerling colored in umber and gold prance along game trails, Phantump float among the trees and add their forlorn song to the autumn wind.[break][break]

Picture, if you will, the following:[break][break]

A Fennekin sniffs delicately at a large pile of leaves. Suddenly she pounces, lithe body twisting in midair to dive headfirst into the pile. In a burst of fluttering leaves a Growlithe explodes out from the pile, barking as he races in the opposite direction. The Fennekin is right on his heels, nearly tripping up a woman crossing the forest path as she chases after her prey.[break][break]

The playful duo races off in a chorus of yips and prolonged barking. They deviate from the path, drawn towards a merrily crackling fire and the figures drawn around it. Their play only ends when the Growlithe is pinned down and his playmate trills her success.[break][break]

"Come here, Brulee," their trainer instructs with a giggle, and the pup's tail wags as he plods over and lays his head in the woman's lap. "Was Flan bullying you? Poor thing."[break][break]

Her Fennekin whines in protest, a clear he started it. Windchime giggles fill the air again as a hand is extended for more pats, which Flan gratefully accepts.[break][break]

"Don't run off so far again, okay? You'll end up disturbing the entire forest if you carry on like that!"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
firelight [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 0:50:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]protective foxes unfortunately don't make for good playmates. they startle as a dog darts across their path, another fox right on its tail.

the scientist has to reign in the aggressor of the two, a gentle hand settling into silver fur and rubbing small circles before the fire type has a chance to snap her teeth. the second fox nudges her unoccupied hand with a soft whine.

attention seems to settle them both.

"you're fine," she coos. lazily, she continues to pet each fox as they approach an open fire in one cohesive unit. silver and blue, sandwiching her from both sides. somehow, the fur is a comfort whenever it brushes against legging-clad thighs.

and as they get closer, she can see the same pokemon from before. both surround a woman with pearly pink hair. somehow, it reminds her of her mist and tendrils of the concoction escape from her nostrils at the thought.

"cute," comes next, commented aloud and carried on the autumn wind. it announces her arrival as warm flames paint a holy glow over her body. "are they usually that energetic?" her smile is soft, curious, friendly.

her foxes settle lazily at each side, a barrier of tails curled around her ankles.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
firelight [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 4:45:39 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Eh?"[break][break]

A satin ribbon bobs as Luka lifts her head up, ears pricked and eyes seeking out the figure that emerges from twilight woods. But she relaxes immediately, sensing no threat. Naïve, most call her, but it's hard to imagine ill intentions from the lovely figure that draws nearer.[break][break]

The firelight casts a golden heaviness on Luka's face; to look upon it is like watching honey drip slowly from a spoon. That same sugared sweetness lies in her smile, the upward curve of her lips lending her a naturally pleased and contented air.[break][break]

"Always, unfortunately," Luka affirms with a laugh. "Ah, that's not to say that I mind it! It's precious, isn't it? They just need more room than I have at home to actually run about the way they like."[break][break] Her Growlithe seems to rumble his agreement while continuing to sulk in her lap, but Flan trots off to tend to the fire. Small hiccups of flame keep it burning merrily.[break][break]

"Would you like to join us?" Luka asks suddenly. "It's a bit late to be wandering on your own. And I have, um...I brought snacks! A little feast. There's plenty to go around," she says, gesturing over to brimming picnic basket.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
firelight [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 2:30:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]duality is a funny thing.

on one hand, she wants to be a threat. taken seriously, watched beneath a microscope, underestimated. and on the other, she wants to be kind. good, pure, holy. in the end, she is neither and both all at once. seeds of those around her have been planted in her mind and they grow like weeds.

maybe she's the devil in an angel's role. or maybe she's his right hand. either way, no ill intentions are present. if they are, they simmer beneath scarred flesh and porcelain skin, waiting for the right catalyst to ignite a fire.

and in this lighting, in this place of winding shadows and crisp autumn leaves... illeana reyes is painted as both realms of the afterlife. heaven and hell. kissed by hellfire and dolled up with golden holiness. her smile is mysterious, as if it holds too much and not enough.

"sorry, didn't mean to startle you," she chimes. steps carry her closer, drawn in by the warmth of fire.

and with warmth comes company.

"definitely precious," her eyes drift to the growlithe, almost fond in the way they absorb the scene. her pair of ninetales settle with a well-trained ease. almost like statues, they sit and observe, swishing tails their only constant movement. "i'm sure that can be exhausting sometimes too, though. do you take them to the park? i have a fennekin at home who refuses to calm down unless he goes to the park first." somehow, she doesn't mind that fact much. it's an excuse to leave her house, to leave behind the thoughts and memories that haunt the walls.

the offer comes, lingers, and settles. her smile grows a little wider before she's bobbing her head into a soft nod.

"yes, thank you," she eyes the feast for a moment, as if suddenly thankful she didn't eat earlier... they can't let it all go to waste, right? her steps are graceful and soft against the little distance between them and she's lowering herself to sit beside luka with ease. her foxes follow closely behind as if they can't stand the thought of being too far from the woman. and as they curl into fluffy balls at her legs, she's raising hands to run fingers through their fur. "i appreciate the invitation. the food looks amazing, by the way!"

a pause, another glance stolen toward the picnic basket, and then her attention is fully settling onto luka. gold flames flicker across her cheeks, her hair, her bright red eyes.

"did you make it all yourself?"

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
firelight [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 6:51:12 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

In the end, it doesn't matter to her what Illeana Reyes is.[break][break]

Monster or maiden, angel or devil. It's all the same. There are some who'd call Luka naïve for believing in the good in people, and maybe they're right. Her good heart has gotten her into trouble before. But she is just a loving soul, who believes that even monsters needed someone, that they were angels once and they can be so again.[break][break]

And so she welcomes her new companion with open arms and a heart so full of warmth that it's near to bursting.[break][break]

Her team responds in kind, with wagging tails and happy yips of approval. Far from the regal and well-trained Ninetails, they form a ragamuffin group— unrefined, but happy. Still, Luka can't help but feel like a bit of a bumpkin beside such an elegant stranger.[break][break]

"I take them as often as I can," she says while her fingers trail through Brulee's plush fur. "The whole team, too. My apartment is only so big, and I can't bear to leave them in a box too long." She has no room in her heart for hatred, but there's a certain disdain held for those who collect Pokémon like trinkets and leave them trapped in a digital purgatory.[break][break]

But Luka beams when her offer is accepted, star speckled cheeks stretched wide. A crimson gaze is met with softened green, radiating a gentle kindness. As she breathes, the sky compresses in the twilight air, spilling stardust in her hair.[break][break]

"Oh, thank you! But it's all, erm, store-bought, I'm afraid." Sheepish laughter floats above their heads like wisps of smoke from the bonfire, curling into nothing and fading with the autumn breeze. "I'm just no good in the kitchen. Luckily, you don't have to be a good cook to make a s'more!"[break][break]

Inside the basket are all the proper s'more ingredients and other finger foods. There's no shortage of treats for her Pokémon either. Luka gestures towards the basket with a gracious smile, indicating that her guest should have the first pick.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
firelight [m/aa]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 0:08:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]approval drips in the form of a warm hum, honeyed and slowly worked into something sweeter. it ends with an easy stretching of cheeks and a display of teeth.

the line of thinking is one she knows, one she practices herself: kindness. and maybe if she paused to look at this meeting from an outside view, she'd see something experienced and familiar. a mirror held up to show the past and the present, two different forms converging in a single pocket of time, a fixed spot in this forest.

she feels familiar in a way illeana loves and hates. it draws her close, keeps her enamored. and yet, it keeps her at arm's length for she knows the obstacles to endure, to overcome. perhaps if given the opportunity, she'd even grow overly protective of the pink haired woman as she wished someone had done for her when she was still bright eyed and bushy tailed.

her own naivety became pain, loss, grief until she's nothing more than a beautiful marionette dancing on fragile strings. sue her for wanting to see it work out differently for her new companion.

"good," she murmurs, ushering more words in with a wink. "keep them out as long as you can. they deserve to stretch their bodies as much as we do."

smoky tendrils float up in wisps from their bonfire and she's plucking an idea from them with agile fingers. any anxious tics that normally possess her muscles, nerves, bones all evaporate into warm comfort.

"and if you ever want a playdate, i'd be happy to tag along." too forward, maybe, but oh well... it's the least she could do after this generous invitation.

the sky switches out backdrops. afternoon sun morphs into twilight and finally, dusk. stars slowly peek out over tree tops, smiling down at them from faint constellations. and as the fire crackles and grows to keep them warm, illeana lets out a soft laugh. chiming, full of amusement and life.

"it's okay, store-bought is perfect! i'm also no good in the kitchen, truthfully. everything ends up burnt." her eyes light up further at the mention of s'mores. god, it feels like forever since she's had the pleasure of eating s'mores! they remind her of snow-capped trees, of stories by a warm fire, of fallen snow shaped into snowmen keeping watch near by. and most of all, s'mores are reminiscent of home. she shifts closer in her excitement, shoulder brushing into luka's as she peers toward the basket.

and when her attention returns to luka, she's grinning from ear to ear as if this might be the best way to spend a night. she's plucking two marshmallow sticks from the supplies, offering one over to luka.

"ready to make the best s'mores hoenn's ever seen?"