Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 18:31:00 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

the rented truck sputtered and kicked, but came to a halt just in front of willow's ranch. it's open wood paneled bed held a myriad of supplies he thought would be needed for this experiment of theirs.
[break][break]
just to make sure she knows he's here, he lays a hand on the wheel and lets loose a bugle of arrival. funnily enough, it actually sounded like a marching band's horn.
[break][break]
from the window of his old and beat pick-up, he waves.
[attr="class","ooc"] | mission[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-comfey"]

[newclass=".artie"]--accent:#62d8f9; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 19:58:37 GMT
willow atkins Avatar
half of her had thought she'd be forgotten. even after exchanging numbers with her new business partner, she'd thought surely this is too good to be true. adelaide had asked her about it, questioned whether she was going to bring up a contract or something, but willow's old school and country at heart; the folk around here work off good deeds and trust alone. 

rarely does she pay cash when she goes out to their businesses. it's usually an exchange of veggies, time spent healing their pokemon, or on rare occasion, donating arrangements for a special event. 

elisabet is tending to the flower shop while willow works in the back. she'd spent the better part of the past couple of days working with her mamoswine to clear about half an acre of land for them to use. both are exhausted by the time they day finally comes around for greyson's arrival, but it's an exhaustion she's used to. 

she comes out around the side of the building with a wave. someone leaves the flower shop at the same time and willow greets her warmly, exchanging a few pleasantries before explaining someone's waiting for her. 

the older woman, with a bundle of flowers in her hands, waves to greyson as well, and grabs the reins of a rapidash that had been picketed out front. 

she rounds the other side of the truck and opens the door, letting herself into the passenger seat. "how are ya?" she asks with a grin. 

"you'll want to pull around the other side. don't worry about the grass. just head towards the mamoswine."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 1:43:17 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

he gives the elderly woman a friendly wave and smile, ending it with a 'good morning!' before his head turns to willow.
[break][break]
"hey, mornin'. not too bad, not too bad. eager to get started."
[break][break]
his grin tells the same story, and he nods at her directions. with wrists crossed, and chin jutting forward, he pulls the truck around the back of the ranch. as he nears the mammoth pokemon, he brings the truck to a slow stop.
[break][break]
"this is a really nice place you got here."

[newclass=".artie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 18:49:49 GMT
willow atkins Avatar
"thanks," she says. "it's old property. my great-grandfather passed it down to my grandfather, but he never had an interest in coming back. my father, on the other hand," she says and points to the makeshift shed, the cobbled-together greenhouse, "turned it into something remarkable."

she'd found her father's schematics in his old trunk, something that usually sits next to her workbench, covered in potted plants. she'd sent them over to greyson some time ago and she assumes what's in the back are the materials they're going to need to build it. 

"i'll give you the full tour when we break for lunch." mamo moves a bit unsteadily when the truck rumbles up, but relaxes when she sees willow kick open her door and hop out.

"you have any trouble finding any of the parts?"
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 19:38:46 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

he gives an excited grin, eager to go on the aforementioned tour.
[break][break]
"okay, sounds good."
[break][break]
greyson hops out, opening his door to land on the soft earth below. willow's voice is barely audible over the nearby pokemon, and his own distractive nature, but he catches it just enough to register.
[break][break]
"kind-of yeah. showed the guy at lowes the schematics, and well, we spent a solid 2-3 hours gathering up all the applicable supplies. wasn't too bad though."
[break][break]
he sheepishly pats the top of his hair down, dropping the kickstand at the back of the trucks bed, jumping up to begin the unloading process. from there, he sees more of the farm than he had, and he whistles appreciatively.
[break][break]
"yeah, this place is damn impressive alright."

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 15:04:54 GMT
willow atkins Avatar
oof. she hadn't really anticipated him having any trouble, but she can only imagine that the schematics were a bit out of date. and her father wasn't half as meticulous as willow is - notes in the margins, poems scattered throughout, sometimes a drawing of whatever pokemon struck his interest at the time. 

"sorry 'bout that. i'll come with you for the next round of supplies. we'll go to a hardware store down the road. darryl'll probably be able to translate dad's chicken scratch better than me."

mamo comes when willow beckons her. it's a delicate process, maneuvering such a beast around the truck, but willow finally gets her tusks just under the bed of the truck and hops in herself. 

greyson grabs some of the more awkward pieces that won't slide clean into the mamoswine's waiting tusks. she crouches and pushes some of the wooden boards with a grunt. 

"less admiring, more unloading," she huffs teasingly. 
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 23:38:21 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

even if the notes had been meticulous — and, to greyson, they were — he likely would've taken just as long. to say he was out of his depths on this entire project would've been an understatement.
[break][break]
still, he gives her a thankful smile.
[break][break]
"can't help it. always wanted a place like this myself."
[break][break]
a bashful grin, and he starts sliding more of the same in her direction. then, he pauses, a flicker of an idea coming through visibly on his face. he was all for hard work and all, but...
[break][break]
from the pale light of a pokeball, a delphox appears. she huffs and sticks her nose up at the smell of it all.
[break][break]
"hey autumn, a hand if you don't mind?"
[break][break]
he almost sounded pleading, knowing that her typical temperament wasn't suited for a job like this. but, with the flick of a gnarled, wooden wand, the rest of the supplies suspend themselves in the air, held by psychic energies.
[break][break]
carrying his own bundle, he nudges a head in willow's direction.
[break][break]
"lead the way, landlord."

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-delphox"]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 0:05:36 GMT
willow atkins Avatar
she likes to think she's not shallow enough to let flattery make her swoon, but his appreciation of her life's work fills her with a joy that has her brimming from ear to ear. with the boards shoved into mamo's waiting tusks and the rest of the materials floating about them, willow hops out of the back of the truck, hitting the dirt with a grunt. 

she pushes up the back for him and then directs mamo back around. man, if his delphox - autumn, that is - continues to be as agreeable as this, the construction ought to be a piece of cake. 

her nose scrunches at the term. "neighbor, partner, whatever. unless you want me to start collecting rent." her lips twinge in a smile. 

and then she pauses, pats mamo on her leg. "you're welcome to come around whenever you'd like, by the way. within reason of course. my schedule's fairly tight, but i don't mind you having the run of the property while i'm busy.

"and one more thing. my son, , will be out here sometimes. he should leave you well enough alone, but just let me know if he doesn't and i'll knock some sense into him."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 18:39:15 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

greyson laughs nervously, leaning back against the weight of boards in his arm.
[break][break]
"partner is is!"
[break][break]
getting off the truck was equal parts terrifying, as it was difficult. it was only with a little assist from autumn, that he managed to not break his neck.
[break][break]
"oh, okay, that sounds good. chances are i'll give you a heads up anyways — feels weird to just drop by unannounced."
[break][break]
his head leans over the boards in his arms, chin extended and head swiveling.
[break][break]
"maher, huh? any relation to or ?"
[break][break]
huh, small world.

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 18:51:31 GMT
willow atkins Avatar
it seems, while willow's been wrapped in her small bubble her entire life, bo and his brother have gone out of their way to make a name for themselves. there's a little bit of pride, a little bit of tension, that makes her straighten a bit when he asks her. 

"yeah," she says. "bo's his father. he -" she starts, pauses, "comes around sometimes to lend a hand in the greenhouse and see roman." 

she unloads some of the boards from mamo and places them down on a tarp she'd set up before greyson had arrived. a few holes dug into the ground wait just as well; really the only thing they need to do is start construction. 

she fishes her copy of her father's schematics out of her pocket and stretches it out over the hood of greyson's truck.

she sticks a finger in the corner of her mouth and gives a high-pitched whistle. the trees to the east rustle and then a beetle-like pokemon flits over the property and scuttles up next to willow. 

"lus'll help us get the boards into place. if your delphox is up to it, she'll be helpful to hold 'em steady while we nail them in." she grins over the paperwork. "ready?"
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 19:59:17 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

"what're the odds?"
[break][break]
he grins, thinking back to the moments of their meetings.
[break][break]
"i remember battling in that star tournament a few months back. gave me a run for my money with that stunt he pulled."
[break][break]
the memory had him chuckling, even despite the fact the giant elephant had nearly squashed ellie. she would probably be less inclined to laugh.
[break][break]
"and i heard set himself up a gym that i'm thinking of challenging."
[break][break]
as she moves around the bed, and to the front, he follows, repositioning some of the boards on his knee as he leans over to look at the drawing. a bead of sweat falls beneath his hair, and when she mentions the delphox, he looks over optimistically, only to be returned a look of annoyance.
[break][break]
"she's a bit feisty, but she'll help. i've got a lot of pokemon to work with, do we need help on anything else specifically, or?"

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 23:10:50 GMT
willow atkins Avatar
she appreciates the lack of questions. it's a strange predicament she finds herself in - before the past couple of years, she's been able to claim the position of single mother and that had been enough for others. many don't understand bo's comings and goings, or maybe it's just that she doesn't understand it herself. 

"stunt, huh? can't say i much keep up with his career as a trainer." she shrugs her shoulders, grunting again as she helps lus pull up one of the boards and work it into place. 

"we separated shortly before roman was born, reconnected the past couple years. i don't even know what cian is up to these days. last i knew, he was on track to become a professional athlete at our high school." 

she shakes her head and then juts with her chin to the toolbox she'd set out beside her. he'd had to gather most of their building materials, but all the tools they'd need had been stored in her greenhouse. they'd built up a fair amount of dust over the past few years; after her father passed, she lost a lot of drive to do any big projects or maintenance on the house. 

"i think we'll be alright so long as you hammer these nails in properly." 
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 1:17:52 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

greyson nibbles on the inside of his cheek, giving willow something between an apologetic, and sympathetic look.
[break][break]
"i'm sorry to hear that."
[break][break]
what else could he say? it was a subject she seemed comfortable enough to discuss, but bringing it up in the first place left him with a weird feeling. it begins to settle as he reaches for the tool box, fumbling around for an old hammer.
[break][break]
"only one way to find out, right?"
[break][break]
he grins, it's not as confident as any of the ones before it, and he swings the hammer down onto a nail.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[newclass=".artie"]--accent:#0093af; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 15:42:40 GMT
willow atkins Avatar
the boards waver as she jostles them accidentally. "oh, don't be. please." her cheeks redden. "i didn't mean to overshare or get ahead of myself. i'm fairly open about my life. sometimes i forget others aren't." 

she chuckles and smiles apologetically. "a habit of only talking to plants most of the time i suppose."

the nail goes in cleanly and willow nods her approval, readjusting her grip on the planks so he can maneuver around her. 
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
milky milky
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 5:35:34 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

he lets out a small laugh.
[break][break]
"i get it. i'm the same way. you're lucky you actually like listening to me rant about my potential hives. people usually don't get a choice, before i'm gushing about just after meeting them."
[break][break]
her next comment only has him keeping his laughter going.
[break][break]
"if someone saw how much i talked to my comfey, they'd probably lock me up."
[break][break]
he drops the hammer from it's ready position, and moves around her, hand against the board to help keep it steady. the head of the hammer strikes the nail.
[break][break]
"i just hope the queens accept these as their hives. hate for all this work to be done, and they decide to reject it."