4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
at the edge
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 7:07:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

her legs swung over the edge fearlessly, perhaps not the best idea considering the hefty amount of liquor she intended to consume there. already, she was buzzing with the warmth of aged tequila.

not scotch this time. never again.

they’d spent the better part of the afternoon walking through her project. there had been much to go over. the bunker was filled to the ceiling with various instruments that she’d attempted to explain to him. though hidden away until she pressed a few buttons, her lighthouse laboratory also housed an impressive antenna that rose through the opening roof.

among the things she’d shown him was the recording of the what she and had heard here that day.

“so…” she looked over at her brother before pouring more tequila in both of their mugs. “any guesses on what it might be?” cillian was a scientist too, after all.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
at the edge
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 22:47:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin engages eagerly with his sister's work, asking questions and marvelling at the science behind her endeavours. He grins at the hidden antenna, shaking his head.

"You're brilliant, you know that?"

Eventually, they make their way onto the balcony and he leans against the rail with a cigarette poised between long fingers, accepting the mug of tequila when it's offered to him and taking a hearty swig. It burns down his throat.

"Those were Beheeyem, yeah?"

He's got one of his own, even if the alien creature makes him uncomfortable. How many times might Rocket have tampered with his memories using one? He may never know. It makes his skin crawl to consider it.

"Sounds like morse code." He squints. "I imagine you've got it all figured out?"

He's smart; she's smarter. Brilliant, like he'd said.

"As for that sound... no idea. Nothing like I've heard before. Doesn't sound like Necrozma, either, which is... reassuring, I guess."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
at the edge
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 8:59:17 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

she relished in his praise of her intelligence. truly, there had never been anything more that she’d wanted than to be acknowledged by her family. gavin, and now @rowan, were the only ones that she cared about anymore.

and really, now, other wants had moved into the picture. apocalyptic desires, not as wholesome, if one could ever have called her motives such considering the means at which she’d pursued them.

she took a big gulp of tequila, and nodded enthusiastically. “mm. yup. morse code,” she confirmed.

“killian figured it out first, actually. it’s a meteoroid. 99943 meteno. apparently, it’s headed straight for us.”

due to the alcohol, it slipped her mind entirely how alarming this might've been, and what a detail it had been to nearly let slip by without mention.

“right? it’s fine. it’ll be fine.” she turned to him, breaking into a sick grin. “we’ll be fine, cil. we can take it.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
at the edge
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 0:26:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
is nonchalant in her delivery, as if she hadn't just announced a potential end to their world. Her grin sends a chill down Gavin's spine.

"Can we?" His eyes are wide. "I mean, is there a plan? He told me it's gonna impact in a year, Saoirse; why aren't you worried about this? What am I missing?"

Did she know that her brother's biggest fear was death?

That this inevitable, looming disaster was the stuff of his nightmares?

Dropping his cigarette butt into the ocean below, Gavin adopts a white-knuckled grip on the balcony rail with one hand and his mug of tequila in the other. He takes another, bracing drink, as if the alcohol might help him process.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
at the edge
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 2:12:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

what else was there to do but laugh anymore?

“oh, it's okay.” as though she weren’t the one short-circuiting at that very moment. “a year’s a lot of time.”

she shook her head, only thinking too late to tone down the look on her face. oh, she hoped it would hit. the only thing now was to race it to be sure it wasn’t just hoenn that was taken out.

it was something dark in her, pulling her to something that felt like destiny. as though she were possessed, only catching glimpses of the brother in front of her that she loved. that she’d, only months ago, sacrifice her life for without hesitation.

it was when she’d had less of a purpose.

no, he’d abandoned her in the beginning. caused her pain, and heartache—the inevitable turmoil that humanity inflicted upon one another over and over by simply being human; an evil that needed to be eradicated once and for all.

he was human, and so, he was the enemy.

the lies began with another sip of tequila.

“well for one, i think the aliens are probably full of shit, but if it is in fact headed towards us, i’ll just build a gun and shoot it out of the sky myself.” because would be easy, surely. “i’m looking into it. we need to investigate mossdeep—because those sneaky assholes would know, surely.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
at the edge
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 23:29:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
The look on 's face is chilling.

It's okay, she insists, but there's something in her eyes that makes him doubt her. Something in how easily she dismisses the meteor's imminent impact as if it were as simple to solve as any other problem.

"If it were as simple as shooting it out of the sky—"

He cuts himself off, shaking his head sharply.

"This isn't something you can do on your own, Saoirse. Not even you." She's brilliant, but she's human. "We need to get the word out. At least to the rest of Rocket, if no one else, but I'd even take the League's help for something this big."

Given that he despises the League and everything they stand for, it's a pretty huge deal.

"The Space station? Yeah, that's not a bad idea, but — why haven't they figured out how close it is to impact?" He frowns. "Unless they have, and they're trying to hide it. But why?"
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
at the edge
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 3:17:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

her mood was soon soured by his concern, and his lack of faith in her—at least how she took it—and it was visible on her flushed face.

“but it is as simple as that,” she countered meaninglessly, but it fell under the rest of her brother’s grounded reasoning.

she sighed a breath all tequila, unabashedly irritated. the fact that knew, and had told gavin, and now she’d confirmed it in a slip… gavin had a job to do, and so of course, the apocalypse would evidently have to wait after all.

and really, maybe that wasn’t so bad, because that meant there would be plenty more time to torture .

so, what now? save the world?

stupid. stupid. she kicked herself.

“the league?” her face twisted. “the league probably knows. i’m sure the scientists at the space station know. how could they not? and of course they wouldn't tell us about it, cil. think about that.” she looked over at him again. “what about the soiree? you think it’s a coincidence all of that weird shit happened there?

she pondered for a moment. maybe help to break the dimensional barrier wasn’t so impossible to ask for, after all.

“everything going on here lately is related, if you ask me. just look at the unown report. whoever wrote that knows what’s coming, and dr. holo has something to do with it.”

looking at him, she tilted her head and took another sip.

“you want to play hero and save the world, cil, then we need her.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
at the edge
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 2:47:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
She's soured by his lack of faith but Gavin doesn't step back to consider her feelings — not for this. How could she be so blase about their imminent demise? She'd told him like it was an afterthought!

"Maybe they know," he concedes of the League, "but maybe they don't. You're willing to gamble your life on that?"

He's antsy, releasing his white-knuckled grip on the rail to wring his hands and drag his left through his fringe to push it back from his forehead, now damp with sweat.

"Play hero?" He scoffs, the sound rough against his throat. "Save the world? Fuck that, Saoirse, I want to save myself. And you, Temp, Rocket — if this were just gonna hit the League I'd let them fucking burn."

It's so casual, how it falls from his lips like a confession. Nothing matters but us.

His fingers tremble not from fear but from pent-up energy that builds within him, the way he gets when presented with any problem he doesn't know how to solve. His amber eyes burn hot, dangerous.

"OK. So we need Holo. Do you know where she went? How to get there?"

He's pacing, now, if there's enough room.

"Maybe we could use the Unown."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
at the edge
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 16:52:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

”i mean probably, you can’t trust the government…”

but that was neither here nor there, because if it wasn’t time to die, she had a solution.

at saoirse, her nose scrunched. ”lulu,” she corrected under his words, where she might not have if she hadn’t been further corrupted by tequila.

her shoes began to kick lightly on the wall again, swinging as though she had not a care in the world. the end would come soon enough, big brother’s wishes be damned. she would just have to be sneakier.

”i think the unown are a good bet. they've definitely got something to do with it.” she then took the opportunity: ”and didn't i tell you cillian? didn’t i say,  'this is not good idea', but no one listened to me, nOoOo...” she paused and fidgeted with her fingers; a glimpse of the child he'd once known that rarely surfaced anymore. ”personally, i think we should build a spaceship and focus our resources on achieving warp speed—but that’s probably not going to happen.”

she pursed her lips and then brought her drink up again to sip and ponder for a moment, before continuing.

“when those white-haired guys disappeared, something... glitched. they became like jumbled pixels. dr. holo… hologram…” she looked over at him. i’d say she’s from some sort of technologically advanced civilization, somewhere off this planet, and maybe even outside of our universe.” which meant the multiverse existed, which was exciting as hell. “which means we’ll need to break through another dimension.”

she shrugged. “easy-peasy sitrus squeezy.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
at the edge
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 1:09:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin cants his head, brows raised.

"You prefer that now?"

There's no judgement present in his tone, only question.

That changes when she reverts to childish behavior. He's her older brother again, arms folded and expression unamused as she confronts him with her mockery. He shakes his head, scoffs.

"I never said it wasn't dangerous. I wasn't willing to discard it."

He has it, still, but doesn't tell her that. Not now.

"Ultra Space is bound to be unstable after the war. Besides, that's — if we survive the bloody meteor, then we can spend as much time as we want on other projects." His Galarian accent, the colours of their youth, takes hold in his frustrations.

She provides him with useful information he'd missed in his own panic: pixels? Glitching?

Saoirse Lulu is so blasé about the whole thing that Gavin has to ask, "What, have you done it before?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
at the edge
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 13:58:09 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

”yes,” she responded, face falling severe for only a moment. ”saoirse is gone.”

and, truly, she was. her very nature had been destroyed by tapu fini. everything from her confidence to her eyesight had been mended. perhaps it was only the great amount of time they had spent apart that had prevented her brother from noticing how very much she’d changed.

lulu rolled her eyes, though it was likely hidden behind a curtain of dark hair in the breeze. part of her relished in the return of his accent, and it showed in the smallest smirk.

no, i haven’t done it before, her voice dragged, and she took a heavy sip of her tequila and looked over at him.

”it’ll be fine, cillian. panicking doesn’t make anything better.”

said the conspiracy theorist raving about the dangers of a tiny piece of technology. lulu was perhaps nothing if not a hypocrite.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
at the edge
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 23:02:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Saoirse is gone.

It's sad in a way that Gavin can't quite find the words for. That the little sister he'd once sought to protect had been so corrupted and changed by the evils of the world in his absence that she'd lost an identity.

He nods, quietly accepting it.

His melancholy is dashed by her admonishment, a scowl assuming his features.

"Neither does pretending it'll be fine. I'm not panicking," only he absolutely was, but their family's taught him that fear is a weakness, "I'm trying to understand why you're not concerned about all of this."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
at the edge
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2021 1:25:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

her eyes glanced up at his. not panicking? she didn’t believe him. there had been a time when she had believed her brother to be unbreakable, but she was no longer under this impression. people were inherently, deeply flawed in innumerous ways—every one of them.

even the one who had taught her how to hide behind a face of steel.

all of the noxious attitude from moments before dissipated like smoke out of her ears. she was flat. shrugged. ”what’s the point in worrying? i’m working on it.” she would be.

”do you have any suggestions?” 
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
at the edge
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2021 16:39:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Suggestions?

"Contact astronomers, which means the League or someone unaffiliated." Preferably the latter, but Gavin would keep his options open when it came to something as dire as this. "Figure out what level of force might be required to destroy or redirect it, and how quick we're going to need to act."

Any subtle traces of fear retract behind his steel countenance.

"If Rocket can deal with it ourselves, great. If we can't, we let everyone else know so that they can."

Even the League would surely cooperate with Rocket if their lives were in danger.

" mentioned Deoxys. I don't know much about it but if it could help us..."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
at the edge
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2021 3:42:51 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

she nodded. preferably the latter, indeed.

”then i’ll contact astronomers.” something she’d wanted to do anyways. ”i still think that dr. holo should be at the top of that list.”

her tequila was sipped again, lighter this time.

”you know… actually, maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to go public with it. the press, maybe. it’d certainly make the league look even more like they’re keeping secrets...” if the world couldn’t end yet, why not? ”and in the case that we beat them to destroying it, rocket would be the saviors of not only hoenn, but maybe the entire world... maybe that’s not so silly...” pretty good for business, even if no one truly cared about being the hero. she’d laughed it off previously, but as it sat, she began to see the benefits.

good business meant better opportunities, and if she had to be alive, might as well aim high.

deoxys.

she looked over again, her feet slowing from the incessant kicking on the wall of the lighthouse. she attempted to assess her brother’s face, wondering what he thought about what little he did know of the alien, but it seemed his steely defenses were up again.

”i’ve helped where i can in trying to contact deoxys.” she looked back over the ocean, towards the horizon. ”i’d like to meet it.”