snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
genetics
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 22:12:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]another summons soon follows shortly after her endeavors with . this time, however, she doesn't go through the process of writing out a letter. she doesn't drop anything off at his door. instead, a short text is sent and left to simmer in his inbox.

come to my lab. i need something from you.

she adds nothing more, nothing less.

and when fernando arrives, he'll find her lazily waving a cat toy around at her desk. the creature batting around the other end is invisible to the eye but its hard to hide the way the toy's end bobs as if smacked. she looks up at the sound of the door, lips spreading into a soft smile.

"hey. got my text?"

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
genetics
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 7:28:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GENETICS

AN ANTI-THESIS TO WT13201

“…”

Knotted eyebrows stare at her message. None of the characters on the screen affect him on a personal level but the sender sours his mood. It’s not her; it’s him. He still remembers the pitiful stare look back at him in the bathroom mirror.

His arm hurts.

He should have cut it out himself.

The Fernando that arrives at her office is more tempered now. His ego holds his personality in check. There will be no more deviations—not without a fight.

Business continues as usual. At least, as usual as watching her her play around with a Poketoy.

Indeed.

He matches her smile with a look of expectations. As if staring at her long enough will answer his curiosities.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
genetics
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 1:42:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]playing with a poketoy has slowly become part of her routine. it's hard not to, really, what with the floating invisible child on the other end of the toy.

and fortunately for mew, illeana has enough toys to keep it entertained for a lifetime. unfortunately for illeana, her other fur babies don't appreciate their toys being taken.

she wiggles the toy a little more, circling it around what she assumes is mew's head before the toy dips suddenly and it's yanked from her fingers. an excited mewl follows and she's smiling a little wider. now that mew has the toy, she's able to greet their guest a little more professionally. their last encounter was anything but and she feels faint reminders even in the comfort of her lab. curious but not surprising.

"thank you for coming," she murmurs, pushing out of her chair to wander over to him. if he stares a little longer at her desk, he'll see the toy begin to wiggle on its own.

he's expectant and she can't exactly blame him. it is a bit of an odd summons with the poketoy and all...

"what do you know about the mother of pokemon?" an easy question to start, if only because she wants to pick his brain a little with intrusive fingers before diving into her requests.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
genetics
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 22:59:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GENETICS

INVISIBILITY IS HIS FIRST DEDUCTION. It’s the only plausible explanation when the apricorn shaped object moves on its own accord. Coupled with her behavior, Fernando assumes its a Pokemon. However, which Pokemon it is is up for debate.

Experience pollutes his hypothesis. When he’s unable to spot the red strip he’s grown familiar of, his brows crinkle. A small squint that tries to outline the silhouette of where the Kecleon should be.

Not much,” is an admission of his own standards. “Religious text and mythical fables tend to err on the side of the extreme. Despite what we now know about the evolutionary process.

Given his previous meeting with , he has a slight inclination to her subject matter. On a limb, he extends his guess.

Is this about Mew?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
genetics
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 2:24:19 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she observes him for a moment. the way brows crinkle and eyes narrow. he's looking for something, perhaps. a clue as to what is on the other end of the poketoy. and if she weren't enjoying him grasping at straws, she might just tell him.

instead, she turns and drifts back to her desk. the poketoy stills, a barely audible mewl follows, and then it resumes twirling about.

"do they actually err on the extreme side? or do we fool ourselves into thinking as such?" her head turns, then, to stare at him over her shoulder. a beckoning, maybe, to come closer.

"one would say the deities of alola have extreme legends surrounding them," she murmurs. a pause, if only to gently prod at the poketoy with her fingers. it moves a little more beneath her touch, as if tugged away before she can take it back. mew's possessive of its borrowed toys, unfortunately. "or the legends from hoenn itself. even sinnoh's mythos are surrounded with the same magnitude." it's what makes them legendary, perhaps.

or cursed.

she settles hips onto the corner of her desk, arms bracing on each side.

"yes, it is." she highly doubts the mythical pokemon would reveal itself to him. if couldn't see it, fernando couldn't. and yet, she flashes a smile anyway.

"i'm going to collect its dna and i would like help with the analysis."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
genetics
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 8:24:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GENETICS

A MAN OF SCIENCE denies the fables of faith and hope. he finds the cold reality of linear patterns and observation steadier to stand upon. at least that doesn’t collapse on a whim at the faintest moments.

but his comfort is not something to be voiced. nor will he protest against the prodding hints that come from her inquiry. rhetoric mouth pieces are best saved for debates that promise something of value. he picks his battle wisely, and a ideological skirmish with illeana within her own domain is the last thing on his mind.

indeed.” it comes naturally considering their relationship. anything for the glory of his namesake. “what do you need?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
genetics
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 8:50:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]ah, a wise choice.

for as smart as fernando silph is, he would lose in this instance. this is her domain, her subjects, her world. any other place and he'd certainly best her but not today, not here.

her smile is bright, bordering affectionate, when it spreads a little wider.

"perfect, thank you," her hips push off the desk and she's shifting back to where mew lays. the cat toy wiggles every now and then but it stills at her approach. a mewl follows. the scientist reaches a hand out and seemingly pets air, despite the very soft fur feeling beneath her fingertips.

"could you gather supplies for the slides? everything should be in that drawer," she gestures toward the counter and the labeled drawers beneath it. she'll take care of distracting mew long enough to pluck some hairs from its body. that, honestly, should be the hardest part. she refuses to extract blood from the cute little angel so hair roots will have to do for now.

her voice drops to a hushed tone, a hand reaching to pluck the cat toy from grabby little hands.

"i need a quick favor, little one," she coos. a mewl follows and the cay toy tugs away from her grasp. maybe if she simply plays, she'll have better luck...

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
genetics
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 9:07:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GENETICS

AN ODD REQUEST but one he fulfills nonetheless. there are certainly those more capable than himself for such an endeavor. but how many of them will she willingly expose mew to? not many, he reasons.

he follows her gesture toward the counter and kneels down to the drawer. a silent pull of it reveals the insides and he picks out what he deems necessary based on past experiences. most of it prove easy to handle, even when juggling it in one hand.

the drawer shuts with a soft thud as he returns to her, laying them out on her desk. their each spread out a few inches from each other, easy to grab or signal for.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
genetics
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2021 23:27:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]while he busies himself with gathering the requested supplies, she faces the monumental task of getting mew to cooperate.

it's a difficult little bugger, sometimes... the cat toy shifts further from her fingers and she's heaving out a soft sigh. this won't be easy, unfortunately.

and when he returns to her side, he'll find her wrestling with a cat toy, nose wrinkled up in frustration.

"mew, please," is grumbled out softly under her breath.

she doesn't want to have to hold the mythical down but... that might become the only option. mew lets out a playful squeal and the cat toy wiggles furiously in its little invisible grasp.

her hands rise, then, and she's shifting to the offensive. maybe tickling it would help? it'd be easier if the little angel would reveal itself but apparently it's shy? she wiggles the fingers on one hand until she feels the sensation of fur against fingertips. and then, she's pouncing on the opportunity with one hand tickling and the other moving to gently hold mew into place.

"tweezers," she murmurs, casting a quick glance in fernando's direction. "i have to pull some hair. please hold still... it'll only take a minute."

a mewl follows and she's flashing an apologetic smile.

"i'll give you a treat when i'm done, i promise."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
genetics
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 9:45:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GENETICS

SIMPLE ENOUGH. fernando is quick to the draw when prompted. a deft hand snatches the very tweezers he laid out and his arm is stretched across the room and her beckon. small, odd jobs like these remind him how simple lab work can be.

but what does he know aside from the occasional glance from outside?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
genetics
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2021 2:44:37 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]her smile is grateful when she gingerly takes the tweezers from his outstretched hands. if fingers brush, she pays it no mind.

no, she's too focused on this seemingly monumental task.

"hold. still," she puffs out softly, grasp tightening slightly. and without thinking much of it, she's glancing back toward fernando with a serious look.

"try to wiggle the cat toy, please." a distraction is, admittedly, necessary. mew is squirming beneath her fingers and if it slips out, she's certain she'll end up searching all over the lab for it...

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
genetics
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 2:19:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GENETICS

WIGGLE A CAT TOY. easy peasy. despite the mismatch in appearance, fernando has no qualms with fulfilling his end of the ordeal. without too much enthusiasm or disdain, he grips the toy by the base, gingerly waving it around the invisible outline that sits within her hands.

seems like you’re having trouble,” he comment idly. the line swishes back and forth as he debates using zenji’s method of preoccupying the beast.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
genetics
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 2:01:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the toy wiggles and she feels muscles flex beneath her grasp. a moment later, a telltale mewl gives her a small window of opportunity.

"a little," she murmurs, the admittance soft, almost insecure. she quickly snuffs it out with movement from her hand.

the tweezers creep in and she's plucking what she assumes to be little hair follicles from mew's tail. can you see the hair if mew's invisible? no idea.

the mythical is distracted enough, sure, but that doesn't stop the slight whine it lets out.

"petri dish, please," her tone says hurry. the hand holding onto mew slowly begins rubbing small circles into air. pink mist slowly begins to swirl off her fingers in wisps until mew's discomfort is evaporating and it's back to wiggling at the cat toy.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
genetics
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 2:49:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GENETICS

FROM TWEEZERS to petri dish, fernando becomes the middleman between illeana and the countertop. at her command, he twists the lid off the container, palming it toward her, unsure whether she’s going to put the sample directly in it or take the dish itself.

matters little to him.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
genetics
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 2:33:23 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the petri dish is extended, laid out flat against his palm.

she leans slightly, shifting the tweezers over and depositing hair follicles into the empty dish. and when she leans back, she's flashing fernando a warm smile.

"thank you," she murmurs. the tweezers are gingerly placed down and she's bringing the previously occupied hand to rub soothing circles into mew's invisible fur. a happy mewl follows a moment later. "could you put the lid back on?"

and then, she's finally releasing mew. the mythical resumes playing with its cat toy. the scientist, on the other hand, begins drifting toward the supplies he's gathered. she plucks a glass slide, forceps, and a small vial of water from the table before shuffling to where microscopes lie. and maybe she should ask him to come but... she expects him to follow.