Come for some baked goods! [M]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 2:39:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Dododdoda da-Yay!"

Taro was dancing to a happy little tune they were singing to themselves as they set up their bake sale for a charity that Taro wasn't quite sure why he was running but wanted to help still. Taro always liked helping those with worse luck than himself, so this was the little act of kindness that he was capable of committing that he couldn't mess up.

The young man might even consider himself a bit of an expert on baking with the fruit and berries he planted. After a few weeks n Hoenn, he finally found a plot of land to start his garden for himself. And right now, he was setting up fruit pies, tarts, berry jam pastries, and all kinds of fruit-based desserts on a table which, in his modest opinion, smelt delectable and mouth-watering it was quite a feast! So it was little wonder that Taro was struggling to keep up with the demands in the small town for his treats. But somehow, he kept it up as best as he could with only one late order, and the sweet old lady was understanding, so that made him feel good.

But at the last hour of the bake sale, despite him struggling to catch his breath, he was still chipper and upbeat, but he could use some help setting up the last batch, or any help really at all would be nice. That would really answers his prayers.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 23:34:30 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Verdanturf was fairly close to Lavaridge where his family lived, so sometimes Josh liked to venture out there to pick up some groceries that were a bit harder to find in Lavaridge. Though today he had heard apparently there was a bake sale going on, so he was definitely going to pick something up for his family. And he was a bit of a foodie himself, so he wasn’t going to pass up a chance to try a few treats!

A man with a fashionable hairdo appeared to have laid out some pies, jams and other berry-based foods at a stall, and it was definitely eye-catching. And nose-catching too! Maybe there'd be some Unown cookies or something too? But it was fairly clear that this place was popular to a fault, and even Josh could see that the man was struggling. He was clearly exhausted, and he didn’t know if he’d be able to keep it up much longer. So instead of approaching from the front, he had approached from the side to indicate he wasn’t a customer.

“You look like you’re having trouble. Do you need help laying everything out?”

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 23:49:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Taro's treats must be quite the nose grabber since how many things were practically flying off the shelves. Taro would sooner drop from all the work before everything could reach the shelves, as one would say. Taro's going to feel real sore tomorrow. He just knows it.

Thankfully, a kind soul came to the side instead of the front and offered to help him lay out everything for the bake sale. Taro's eyes were threatening to water for a second for the blessing of a man. But he kept his composure and smiled at the man broadly and says-"You can tell-hehe-but it'd be greatly appreciated-pal! You're welcome, ma'am"- Taro said as he checked out an item for a woman.

Taro, without looking at the man and selling off a pie to an older man-"My name's Taro-You're welcome sir, Heywood, if you could set down those unown cookies and Cheri berry tarts- I'd be happy- of course, ma'am!" Taro got cut off by a woman asking for a jar of jam. "What's your name, my hero?" Taro chuckled a bit as he managed to catch a bit of a break as the check-out crowd thins out for just a moment with the extra help distracting the shoppers.
close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 0:33:07 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

The more he looked at it, the worse the situation looked. The man couldn’t even talk to him for two seconds before being assailed by another customer. What in the world had Josh just gotten himself into? Scratching his head sheepishly, he told himself that he had offered his help, so he was going to have to just do it.

“Josh” he replied calmly as he approached and looked to the boxed items. “Tell me where you need what to go, and I’ll try to memorize them and get them out. Not my first time manning a booth.”

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 0:47:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Taro honestly wondered how he lasted this long in dealing with this bake sale. And all on his own at that. The blond man introduced himself as Josh. Taro smiled at the man, and he headed towards the boxed items. "Nice to meetcha, Josh, you, will need those skills! But like I said, I'm Taro Heywood." Taro said as he extended a hand out to shake it if he took his offer.

Taro would then look over the boxes of jams, cookies, pies, and other such pastries as he instructed the man on where they go. "The boxes of jams go over here, the cookies here, the pies here, and finally the rest goes at this end." Taro instructed and guided the man where to go and place the boxes and how to organize them.

A thing that Josh will learn about these boxes they are deceptively heavy. Taro is carrying them like nothing, but due to his tight shirt and being as close as Josh is now, he can see Taro's arms flexing showing off the muscles needed for this job. Taro acted like the weight of the boxes like noting because, to him, a lifelong gardener. It is nothing, as his farmer's tan revealed to anybody.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 1:02:01 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

He nodded his head as he reached over and took his hand, with a deceptively firm grip at that. “Good to meet you, Taro. Let’s get to work.”

Pulling off the leather trainer’s jacket and placing it behind the stall, it would reveal that while he wore a businessman’s dress shirt, his body was muscular and toned, clearly someone used to heavy lifting. Which would be good for the task at hand. Once instructed, he got to work. The heft of the goods was surprising, but he adjusted quickly as he placed them to and fro. Between working on a Pokemon ranch during childhood and in helping to sell his mother’s goods during the start of RaiCorp, he had plenty of experience here.

“I’m surprised at how busy it is. Is this a normal turnout?”

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 2:34:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Yes! Let's! We are on our last half hour before I have to close up shop!"

Taro revealed to the man that it was the last half of an hour of work left in the day. Taro usually would've been distracted by the man's toned body if it wasn't so busy. Taro honestly enjoyed the view, though what little he saw from time to time. Taro's put the change from his most recent purchase into a Pikachu cheek pouch-looking coin purse and thanked the shopper with a smile before looking back at Josh as he asked his question.

"Honestly, I'm shocked too. It is the first time I have done a bake sale here, but I guess the communication system of aunties and grandmas of a small town are strong here." Taro chuckled as he helped bag an older woman's jams and treats, as she shot Taro a "Ya bet yo beepy it is." The woman's words caused Taro to smile at her and chuckle a bit more.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 0:48:03 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Well, on the bright side, it seemed like it wouldn’t take too long for them to finish up. A half hour wasn’t long, though he was sure it was going to feel like it considering the high speed they were going to have to act at in order to get this done. So he knew he was going to have to steel himself. Items continued to be placed with speed and precision, and not much seemed to distract the blonde from his task. He understood the rush as well as anyone.

Of course, conversation helped to take away the sting a bit. He smirked a bit when he mentioned the “communication system of aunties and grandmas of a small town”. That sounded familiar, alright. “I’ve seen that even over in Lavaridge. But it’s been a long time since I have seen this kind of rush for something that isn’t part of a larger chain” he admitted in turn. “Are you normally working here, or are you helping out like I am?”

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 19:08:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Thankfully the last half hour of work was the easiest as the last of the town residents that heard of this bake sale started to disperse back into their homes. The younger citizens of the town arrived to grab what was left. But unlike their older counterparts, the younger customers were slower looking at everything and hmming and umming before deciding on what they wanted. So it gave Taro and Josh more time to talk among themselves as the last few minutes of work ticked away.

"Hehe, yeah, I wonder if that says something about my baking or something." Taro sheepishly said with a chuckle. "Hmm, no, this is my first bakesale since I arrived at Hoenn. I heard there was a need for charity donations, and I've had a lot of leftovers berries. And the like from my garden and I didn't want it becoming rotten, so I decided to help in my way by renting this stand for the day." Taro admitted to the blond man with a smile.

In the last 15 minutes, it was time to close up shop and put away the remaining treats, and close up the shopping stand. Taro waved off the final customer of the day and looked over at Josh, "We are on our last 15, let's clean up and put away the last of the treats, then we're all good. Thanks again for all of your help today Josh." Taro thanked the blond man with a bright smile. "Here's a box of pastries, a jar of pecha berry jam, and a bag of unown cookies! It's payment for all of your help!" Taro offered the blond man as he placed the items on a clean corner of the stall. "I can finish up here by myself. Thanks again for all of your help. I wouldn't have lasted that last bit on my own!" Taro chuckled as he prepped the cleaning of the stall and organized the last of the boxes and everything. Taro was in a good mood. He had such a good turnout and had help and maybe even made a friend. Today's a good day.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2021 21:33:58 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

“Considering the packs are as hot as a Blast Burn, I’d wager their freshness probably helps” he joked in turn. Things started to settle down at last, and by Arceus he was exhausted. But he powered through, knowing that it would be over sooner or later. Though he was surprised to hear that this was Taro’s first actual bake sale. His eyes widened in surprise at that. What in the world kind of goods were these, or what kind of advertisement had happened, for that kind of turnout?

“That’s incredibly impressive” he pointed out. “No wonder you were understaffed for this. The turnout is amazing considering this is your first go at it.”

The final 15. All that was left to do was clean up. Soon enough, they got it done, and the blonde leaned against the stall as he caught his breath. He couldn’t remember a stall being this busy since the first time his mother had come out with one of her experimental inventions to sell back in the early days. Thank the gods that muscle memory had kicked in.

To his surprise, the man offered a box of pastries. He considered refusing, as he was just trying to help, but he knew it’d be impolite. He took it with a grateful smile. “Thank you, I’m sure my family will love it” he thanked him in turn. Somehow he doubted the man wouldn’t have lasted, considering the work ethic he’d seen. He was clearly just being modest. “Perhaps I’ll drop by to help out again sometime if it comes to it. It looks like you’re going to need it.”

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 5:33:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@taro