awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
dust in the wind [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 19:57:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh whoa, how in the hell was the—Machamp able to jump that high?!

The Toucannon let out a shrieking noise, before its wings were frosted over, causing the flight trajectory to suddenly become erratic as the Gyarados let out a loud roaring noise at the sight of the other weaving drunkenly through the air.

The only thing that Hera could do now was to roar once more, and aimed a second column of wind towards the Machamp, hoping to push it back with gale-force Hurricane winds—as it was, his Toucannon was pretty much a falling ice block that the other Pokémon sought to catch atop her head before he hit the ground with an unceremonious crashing noise.

Gyarados used Hurricane!
Toucannon is Frozen!

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
dust in the wind [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 10:29:06 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Observing the fruits of their labor, Derek's Machamp is caught within the blast and finds it can no longer resist. Lifted from the ground and flung, Randal crashes into the ground with an awful thud—He's down for the count!

Damn.

"Crota, let the big one have it!" One of Alexei's pokemon are frozen, perhaps finished, making now a good time to pick on the Gyarados. "Dark Pulse!" Unleashing a fiendish, unbridled aura towards the beast would make it hard for them to simply catch and carry the frozen Toucannon.

GJyLfUQY

TL;DR
Machamp has fainted!
Grimmsnarl uses Dark Pulse(flinch failed) vs. Gyarados!
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
dust in the wind [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 13:57:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thankfully—

The Gyarados was fast enough to catch the falling ice block on her back, only shifting slightly to accommodate for the weight and watch as the Machamp had—well, this was going to be interesting now, it was a one-on-one battle at this point.

An incoming projectile of vile energy would then be met with an equally-powerful force—the Gyarados had reared back to use a mid-air Hydro Pump, attempting to either deflect or at the very least knock back the problematic gremlin of a Pokémon that was determined to swing the battle in their favor.

Gyarados used Hydro Pump!
Toucannon is Frozen!

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
dust in the wind [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2022 6:58:38 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Things were getting down to the wire, each trainer left with a single pokemon. They exchange blows and end up where they were, poised at one another's neck until finally one of them fell. Derek grows quiet, much of the strategy they planned on being exhausted, or useless due to the match-up. It was a matter of brawn at this point.

His Grimmsnarl picks up on this and launches another attack of Assurance towards the Gyarados for it's retaliation.

TL;DR
Grimmsnarl[+2 via Nasty Plot] uses Assurance(x2 power via Hydro Pump) vs. Gyarados!
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
dust in the wind [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 15:35:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Try as she might to stay airborne, fact of the matter was that the Gyarados had extra weight on her back and was caught by surprise with the sudden attack from the extra-large gremlin that was leering their way.

This, of course, served to knock the frozen ‘passenger’ down and away from the Gyarados’s back, and force her backwards as well due to the force of the impact. However, due to the length of time and the severity of the attacks she’d sustained from earlier, she could feel her strength deserting her.

A last-minute loud roaring noise came from the dual-type before her errant ‘flight’ pattern changed, the shadow plummeting, plummeting—

Two red beams of light saved the Toucannon and Gyarados from becoming pancakes as the match came to an end.

“I swear, status moves will be the bane of my existence,” he began with a chuckle as he crossed the arena, while rummaging around in his jacket for something he was looking for.

“Status moves… I really need to come up with a workable counter for that,” he continued as he came to a stop in front of the other, before gesturing to one of his hands and making the opening gesture with it.

Once the other would do so, he would hand something over.

“I’ll admit, not everything can be finesse’d and be done with,” he continued. “Sometimes trickery and brute force is the way to go, and your two Pokémon really did that to mine. I have to work on my battling,” he added with another chuckle.

“Here you go, congratulations!”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
dust in the wind [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 0:15:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: