awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 6:17:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
she beckons and he answers with the steady sound of liquid swishing between holders. he answers her firstly with a shrug, a show that he has no idea because frankly, he doesn't. the task ahead is something he hasn't measured nor tried to. it's pointless when it looms so closely.

"don't know. honestly. could be a few days could be more."

he pours his own now. it sits a bit under the rim, notably portioning it so he doesn't spill.

"try not to miss me too much when i'm gone."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 6:30:13 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

She downs the drink quick and easy, taking a moment to let the burn settle from drinking it a little too fast. She turns the glass upside down on the table. Old habits, the drink stops for a moment to let it settle in her system.

"No promises, you're my favorite person to talk to." her tone drips with over sweet sarcasm, a play pout on her lips over the idea. It's not entirely untrue, he's not her favorite per say but she's become partial to their little back and forth.

"I imagine you expect me to keep everything nice and tidy while you're gone."

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 7:40:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando interprets her little habit as a need for a break. he knows he should take a breather as well but the urge to poke fun at her, to call her out on it peaks. he only holds back because he knows he'll have to match the claim and getting hammered is the last thing on his mind. this is supposed to be her night anyway.

"i can tell." he returns the gesture with an equal shit-eating grin. "who's more charming then me?"

he doesn't need an answer because he already knows it. there's few he can consider interesting and none of them line up with her schedule. not that he's keeping tabs.

"that would be ideal. nice even. you can even keep my bed warm until i get back. i'll leave you my keys."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 8:30:32 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Me." She leaned on the table and tilted her head in a mock dramatic pose as if to show off her quirky type of charm that she knew she carried. She laughed at herself, breaking the spell before it could really be cast. "Just in a different way."

Eyes on him. "Trying to put extra work on my desk already? Do you ever stop?" there was a quirk to her grin, she wondered if he was serious about that. "I guess I can put that on the agenda, give me a little something more to do in my boredom."

It would be interesting either way, especially with how quiet things would be. She'd manage.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 9:16:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her answer is met with laughter but it's progressed past merely mocking her. it almost sounds genuine. but to discern the haughtiness out of his voice is impossible. it fits too well.

"never." is the resounding answer they both know it's coming. he raises and eyebrow to allude at something more but never states it. a little intrigue to rope her in, even if the implication is well stated by their current intimacy.

if they could even call it that.

"i'll be sure to compensation you fairly for all your hard work. feel free to get comfortable."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 9:44:56 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

His response surprised her a little bit and she grins. At least he seems to be playing along with her more.

"Naturally." she knew it was the case but she couldn't say she minded. Kept her busy. They'd run through that one more than once before.

She runs a finger along the bottom of her glass. "You sure want me getting comfortable?"

"I get too comfortable I might start asking questions again." she looks back up at him, curious. She turns over her glass.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 21:35:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"make it worth my time."

there's a wordless dare laced into the sharp cut of his comment. his smile dissolves with his resolve, reverting to the same scornful scowl he's introduced himself with time and time again. her glass comes back for another round and he starts with his pour this time, gauging her openness prior to pouring herself another.

he makes no motion to reach for it, instead staring intently at her.

"make it worth my time, isra."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 22:53:46 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"I don't have to make it so when it already is."

There's a certainty to her comment. A quirk in her smile.

"If it wasn't, then why have you already wasted so much of your precious time on me?" She sits back in her seat, back straight and posture perfect. "It's either that or you have ulterior motives. Or both. Either one I'm more than willing to sit and pester you for."

"And watch the face by the way, before that scowl gets stuck and you start scaring people." a small part of her knows she's being a little too forward, the lingering taste on her lips says there's no such thing.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 23:25:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"have i really though?"

her own change in posture coerces him to fix his own. any slouching is ironed out until he's paralleled with her own. he can fee his back stiffen, unused to the rigidness.

"tch. since when has that mattered? they scare off regardless."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 23:54:47 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Are you still thinking of trying to pawn me off on one of the other council members?" she hasn't forgotten his comments from their earliest meeting. She's wondered from the beginning if it was a serious enough comment, and if it was did he still plan to try?

She laughs, softly. Watching him match her is amusing. Unlike him she doesn't have to think about it, it's what is comfortable to her. "I guess that's what you get for making faces like that then."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 1:42:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"no. you're in too deep now. think of the scandal."

no matter how exaggerated his teasing is, the truth behind the statement is hard to deny. he has no intention of leaving loose ends and that means that isra will forever be attached to him - at least until the powers that be overrule him. the weight of her looming marital status and position mean little to him.

"you're mine, isra."

a foreboding prophecy that she may never come to grasp. possessiveness is one of the few traits he may outwardly deny, evident by his brazen looseness with his many resources, but his behavior - when driven to the edge - says otherwise. jealousy can drive a fragile man to the ends of the earth, from razing the very ground they stand on, to murdering the very offender who dares tread on his territory.

"actions speak louder then appearances."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 2:16:20 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"It's only a scandal if you make it into one. No need to cause a scene."

She pokes back but only slightly, maintaining eye contact when he continues to speak. She has no intention of pushing to leaver her position. She's quite content here and is still on unsteady grounds about the league as a whole. Fernando at least interests her, if nothing else.

Her eyes are on his when he says her name. She smiles, almost as if it's what she wanted to hear. "I'd watch what you say there Fernando, I'm a hard woman to keep." a truth double fold. A woman like her does not take well to such notions, or shouldn't. Isra does not fit the mold correctly, she doesn't outright deny him his claim nor will she out right accept it. There is a type of fire that nothing can keep calm, can keep contained, the only option is to accept it and its wild abundance or to smother it. Isra is such a fire, nothing short of smothering will make keeping her easy for him.

"Appearance most often speaks first, actions take a second look and when appearances fail to draw them in then it fails to make them look twice." she follows the notion strongly herself, her appearances is well cultivated to create something people will look at more than once, just long enough to see what else there is.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 3:00:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
just because she says so doesn't mean he trusts her. but that's nothing new. the son of silph trusts no one and that alone has kept him alive far longer then anything else. still, her comment is reassuring. he doubts she'll keep it when push comes to shove but as long as things are placid, he has little to suspicion to expect of her causing a ruckus.

"i'll keep that in mind."

he only answers her to humor her. his insight onto isra is only skin deep and he's barely scratched the surface of what lies underneath. still, he's more prone to smothering than anything else. he's done it with dozens if not hundreds of pokemon and humans alike. what's one more? wherein one prefers the challenge, he does not. obedience is virtue that's never given enough credit.

"i don't need them to look twice."

there's a power behind his words that hold evident in years of experience and repetition. kanto. silph co. now hoenn. the setting and variables may change but the process is constant. trust the process.

a hand finally reaches out for his glass, pulls it in close, not unlike a familiar scene between them. his lips purse as if challenging. the glass is smooth to the touch but no where near the taste of the rum. he's up for another.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 4:10:40 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"You know you're kind of an ass sometimes."

She gives the comment a moment to settle.

"Last I checked this was supposed to be fun. Now I wish I'd dragged you out to the falls instead after all, at least that way I could have pushed you into the water fall or something." the shell cracks completely, between her being bored of it and the liquor she most definitely downed too quick she's no urge to hold her tongue now.

"Instead now I'm tempted to order a bottle for myself because I'm probably going to need it."

The look she gives him doesn't quite match her comment, the same neutral porcelain face she always returns to having resurfaced in the midst of her comments. Her arms cross over her chest. Buying her own bottle really does sound tempting tonight.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 4:30:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
how brusque?

but fernando refuses to fold. never give up. never give in. not even in the face of certain defeat.

there's few more stubborn than him and with nothing outright to lose there's little to persuade him from stepping down. if anything, he doubles down, unfazed, hardening at the sudden outburst. too late to dip out now. he can only double down.

"well, well, well."

a smile, devious, mocking. he almost seems like he's containing laughter. behind it, he's anything but.

"about time you cracked. what was it?"

he doesn't need an answer. not immediately. the gap left unspoken is filled with a throw back of another shot. this time it doesn't hurt.

"touch a nerve?"