8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 9:00:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"what?"

fernando turns around to face her, trying to read her expression to grasp at something he doesn't quite understand but between his drunkenness and constant swaying, that's impossible. he continues to walk backwards, fumbling over a step as the pavement meets street but catches himself easily enough.

"you've never been shy before." his eyebrows furrow but there's a grin on his face. "quitting mid sentence doesn't suit you."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 1:07:26 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

Ginger steps follow his even as he turns to face her. Neither of them see his misstep coming and there's a momentary look of alarm in her eyes before he catches himself. She stops at the same curb that tripped him and looks at it almost like a child unsure of how to get down their first flight of stairs. She opts to remove her shoes before she braves it, it takes a second too long for her taste and it shows when she looks back up at him. She takes the step with the same gentle caution she'd been walking with.

"I can't tell if that's a compliment or if you're teasing me." something tells her it's probably both. "Especially when you're smiling like that."

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 1:17:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"well, what do you think isra?"

behind the mockery, behind the initiative, is the same man who's been questioning her thoughts and opinions since day one. their little tug of war between answering each other always results in the same resolution, one of them stubbornly refusing the other until one of them caves. "am i that hard to read, nightingale?" he turns back around and continues to take his uneven, leisurely pace.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 1:31:42 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"I think you're an ass sometimes but I already told you that." immediate and something almost playful, as if she didn't quite mean it as much this time as she had before. Still it left her mildly perturbed but she wasn't terribly willing to let it show.

She mulls over his question for a moment because those words don't come quite as easily. "I don't think so." she choses. Because it's not that he's hard to read it's that she hasn't learned how to interpret him. She hasn't learned him enough to be certain she's reading things right yet.

Isra does not tell him that part. He doesn't need to know.

"You didn't answer me so I'm going to decide it's a compliment."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 1:48:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
she won't be able to see it from behind him but his frown is almost immediate. it's a criticism he gets a lot and while he can't disagree with the statement he's fragile enough to mentally blame the accusers for being too soft. comes to mind and applying the council man's assessment as invalid due to kim's own rambunctious nature becomes something dangerously easy.

"tch."

fernando stops where the sidewalk meets another street and glances both ways, admiring the luminous buildings that dip into the skyline. "if you don't end up picking, isra, we're just going to repeat last time." he doesn't have to mention which time specifically. not when he can still remember her taste.

"unless that's what you want."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 2:06:30 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Eyes watch him in between glances down at the ground to be sure to watch for more curbs. Even if he's facing forward she feels compelled to know in order to keep herself steady. A lady does not stumble. (nor does she walk through town barefoot but Isra chooses to ignore this) "You would have pushed for it either way." she's amused and he's sure to hear it in her tone as she follows him, She doesn't mind the option in the slightest, if she did then it never would have been put in the table to begin with.

He keeps asking and some how she has a hard time with her answer. What she gives him is not satisfying. "Something I don't think you're going to give me tonight anyway, so we might as well make something out of tonight." honest enough but still she holds back and a small part of her curses him for somehow getting her to do so when normally she is so quick to go head first. She does not like holding back.

"We're already heading that way anyway, aren't we?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 3:48:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando laughs to himself but this time it comes out genuine. the alcohol does away with the mocking and what's left is his actual amusement. "you think so?" she's not wrong but it's not something he'll ever admit. at least not verbally.

"something i won't give you? and what would that be?" his words may play at inquiring further but his actions say otherwise. the mere mention of them heading that way realigns his sense of direction. slowly, they start to head back.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 4:30:29 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She could answer with her own words but decides his are better. " 'you can even keep my bed warm until i get back. i'll leave you my keys' " Isra quotes from an earlier part of their conversation. He might have been joking but that doesn't mean she won't be holding it against him that he said it to begin with. She grins to herself, smug and pleased.

"What good would you knowing do?" a part of her wants to say it the other part wants to be a child and be stubborn about keeping it to herself until it feels like the right time to say it.

She chooses to be a child about it, as always.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 4:44:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
his face falls flat and fernando ignores her taunting. the fact that she's using his words against him is grating—not because she's right, which she is, but because it's a technique that he fancies himself.

"so i can accommodate you, isra. it's not like i'm difficult on purpose." their stroll down the street comes to an end and unsurprisingly they're outside his condo building. he turns, waiting for her, expecting.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 4:57:58 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

A part of her finds his inability- or unwillingness whichever it may be - to make a quip back rather disappointing. "You choose the worst times to decide not to poke back." it's not really meant to incite anything but if it does she won't necessarily be against it.

She catches up with him and isn't surprised to find they're in front of his condo again. She's reminded quickly of how lifeless his place feels and how much it concerns her. She's still not sure why. "I know." She thinks for a moment, she has to wait for him to let them in anyway doesn't she? at leasts he recalls that being the case. "It would ruin it if I told you I think." she's not actually sure. Then again she's not entirely sure about any of this.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 5:18:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the prodding doesn't agitate him, instead he notes it, confused but attentive nonetheless. he'll forget it by the time he passes out but for now he makes a strained effort to grasp the meaning behind the small comment.

once she's in line with him, he swipes his key card against the scanner. with a delayed beep, the door unlocks and fernando opens it for her. tonight, he trusts her, and there's no need to wait for the hidden pokemon tucked away within his pokeballs. "is that how that works." his eyes narrow as the door shuts behind him. as per usual, he gives a wave toward the front clerk. tonight, there's two of them, and they both give a small nod to the council man as he retreats down the elevator hall way.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 7:15:27 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She doesn't hesitate tonight, stepping inside when he opens the door like she might actually be comfortable with the idea. "Thank you." he doesn't seem convinced by her comment and she doubts she can sway that but it doesn't really matter. She'll likely say it another day when it bothers her too much and she can't help it but tonight she feels it best to keep to herself.

Isra makes a point to give a small wave and a smile to the people behind the desk as she follows after Fernando. Just in case, if this is a route they're going to be treading in the future it's best to be positive familiar face over any other. "Why did you choose here?" curious. "I imagine most anywhere in Lilycove would have been an option."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 21:23:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando presses the button for the elevator and with a silent ding, it starts to descend. now they wait.

"could you say that with anywhere else as well?" he turns to her, questioning her with a raised eyebrow that tries its hardest to discern the intent behind the question. ultimately, he decides she's prying in the same manner that he does, trying to understand the other's thought process. "it's close by, not too expensive for what it's worth, relatively secure, and they let me make altercations to the room."

he leans against the elevator console, feeling the weariness of several drinks take their toll.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 0:29:34 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra eyes the elevator doors. She still despises the things and much prefers going up and down the stairs instead. Finding comfort in the solid ground beneath her feet. She waits with him all the same though, moving to lean against the wall on the other side of the doors, shoulder pressing into the surface. Her figure stays as straight as she can keep it, determined to uphold the image she portrays to the end.

"Yes." she states. Though the reasons for her choice stretch farther than simply herself. She glances around the hallway, taking in the place. His answer makes sense at the very least. "So this place was convenient more than anything?" condensing his answer down to a single word is easier on her mind. Easier to file away.

The elevator arrives and when she steps in she reaches for the railing, something to keep her steady when the ground begins to move beneath her feet. "Sounds temporary." An observation or indirect inquiry, it's up to him to decide how he takes the comment.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 3:26:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando stares at her, half drunk, half unsure. "duh," is the simple answer he gives her right as the door dings open. he follows behind her and faces straight at her, back to the door, caught staring. "all my places are. the life i live doesn't allow me to stay grounded for too long. but you know that." the last part plays a dig at how frequent he's in and out of league headquarters. his presence in the lilycove will become more divided as events unfold.

but right now he's here, eyes set on someone he has no business touching. "are you fine with tonight. with last time?" his question begs for permission, anything to undo the mental chains that bind him. while the act of it is its own reward there's only glory in a mutual wanting.